z

Young Writers Society

Exiled

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 pm
cannoncomplex says...

Okay, i'll repost once everything is set
Last edited by cannoncomplex on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Ben~

Ben was still in partial shock at the fact that he had failed. He couldn't count how many times someone told him that he was basically guaranteed a spot in the Elite dome. Now here he was stuck in a pod speeding towards an unknown doom. He pushed down his insecurities about the situation and decided to focus on the then and now. There was no point worrying about what happened now.

He began to recall his lessons about the outside world. The outside was a mystery to most. The Elite's knew what was outside of the domes of course. They sent enough observation bots outside to know what it was like, and yet they kept everyone in the dark. Again, Ben pushed away the thought, knowing it would lead to no good. He had to be prepared for whatever was to come.

The pod was pitch black and Ben couldn't make out the shapes of anyone, although he knew they were there from the scared sounds. He had noted some of them vaguely as he entered the pod, but he had been in too much shock to note any real details. He probably did know them all. Everyone that turned 18 in a particular year lived in the same building and thus knew each other well. The people around him were neighbors to some degree. For all he knew one of his best friends could be on bored and he had been too devastated to notice. He comforted himself with the fact that he was not alone, and that he was more than likely on friendly terms with the occupants.

The pod hit the ground and skidded across hard earth before crashing into something not so solid. Water began to pore into the pod. They had landed in a body of water of some sort, and now they were sinking. Well at least we didn't land in a volcano he thought. The lights in the pods flicked on and now he could see everyone and their panicked faces.

"The pod will self-destruct in five minutes. Gather you equipment and evacuate," said the computer in a airy female
voice.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:15 pm
Razcoon says...

Oh, and by the way, here's the DT for those who can't find it! ^^
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

114 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:13 am
View Likes
Razcoon says...

(First post for the new peeps, so tell me if there's anything you want me to change, Bish!)
>>Clove<<

My fingers were numb from gripping the side of the pod. In fact, my entire being was numb. Desperately I wished for a window, so I could see the wall of ever-changing landscape rush by, so I would know when to expect the impact. At the same time, I was glad they weren't there. Regardless, I kept anticipating the landing. I could feel my stomach turning, seeming to rise, or rather stay in place while I sped downward. No one spoke. No one knew what to say.

After several painful moments more, the pod met the ground with a startling forced that jarred each bone in my body and sent a small shriek up through my throat. I wasn't the only one; startled cries or shouts filled the pod, sounding hollow in the tiny space.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:21 am
cannoncomplex says...

okay....
Last edited by cannoncomplex on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

121 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:24 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Canon, I used one of my comment spaces to post. Please read that.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:23 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Lachlein:

"The pod will self destruct in five minutes. Gather your equipment and evacuate."

Well wasnt that just his luck, Lachlein thought, standing up to gather whatever. Water had started to fill the floor, so they quickly rushd to the now open door. Lachlein grimaced as he stepped waist deep into the water, holding the bag he had gathered high above his head as he treaded tothe shore. Being one of the first out, he moved quickly and dropped his stuff, waiting for everyone to get out. He shook his head, glancing around him. Thy probably wouldnt be able to stay in this place to long,since he was getting shivers up is spine. Something was not right. He spotted a movement to his right and followed it, unable to make it out. A few mintues later, the others had arrived, with the burdens they each carried. blinking, he trned back to the group, certain he was seeing things.

"What now?" someone asked. He watched silently, notsayin anything, just surveying the surroundings. He recognised a few people, even a guy he knewas Ben, standing not to far away, dong the same thing, only his attention was focused on the group. Another flash of movement caught his eye, this time becoming definitive. Facing the group, he spoke calmly.

"We need to move...now."
"Hello, is this thing on?"

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 pm
SisterItaly says...

Rya

Rya quickly gathered up her bags and stopped short when she saw the water. She hated water, mostly because she couldn't swim. She took and deep breath and forced herself to wad through the waist high water, well waist high on the others. It was up to her chest because she was so short. Her heart was pounding with fear, she felt that any second she would hit a deep spot and drown.

When we were all safely to shore she dropped her bags and curled up beside them on the ground. Rya had aimed so high, ans had trained herself just to pass that test. There was no way she could have failed it, she thought, no way in heck. Finally someone spoke,
"What now?"

Another wave of silence hit the group, Rya's mind was pounding with confusion and worry. Some seemed to be evaluating what to do next, others looked lost and afraid, kind of like herself. But she just wanted to wait for the next big creature to come along and swallow her whole.

"We need to move, now." Someone ordered, a couple people looked unimpressed with his sudden leadership. Rya had a different reaction.

"What's the point?" she giggled, having gone into hysterics. "We're all doomed. Doomed!" She went from giggling to panic. "We're all going to die out here. Why? Because we're stupid. That test was easy and we failed. We must be stupid." She snorted and giggled again before going completely silent and staring ahead blankly.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:13 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Lachlein:

Lachlein turned to the girl.

"It doesn't matter if you think were doomed." He glared at those around him, bending to piock up what he could run with. He glanced back at the group of trees. "If we dont move now, we wont have a chance to. Now instead of standing here acting liek a bunch of cowards, we need to get going...unless of course you wont to be dinner." He guestured to the hidious beast that was lurking at the edges, snorting when he heard the gasps coming from the girls.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

66 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Kendra

The pod felt cold, as Kendra quickly gathered up everything she had. She was trying to focus - honestly, she was - but the cold left her shivering in fright and stress and she couldn't couldn't even gather her wits and just. Stop. For. A. Moment. She breathed in and out, trying to calm herself. Why, oh why hadn't she worn something warmer for the trip?

The water was just as chilly as the air. Kendra tried not to focus on her surroundings. Distantly, she heard people talking. She trudged wearily towards them.

"...unless of course you want to be dinner." She heard someone say, and a few others drew in shocked gasps. Kendra panicked. Dinner?! "Hello?! Can anyone help me? Please?"

The fog cleared somewhat - and she could see them. Everyone was staring back at her. It was like watching the countdown of the world, Kendra thought, where everyone just stares at each other and doesn't make a move. She paused, shivering in her clothes and trying not to inhale that sharp iciness through her nose.

"Alright." The apparent leader made a motion, as if to rally everyone behind him. "Gather around now!"
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm
Synnoev says...

Zephyr

My eyes widened in shock as the boy gestured to the beast lurking in the dark, and almost instantly everyone scrambled to grab a weapon, some pulling out things that they already grabbed, others, like me, were only just reaching down to grab something before that... thing came for us.

"Gather around now!" I heard someone shout from the other side of the group, and so we bunched together, each in a defensive position. I held my knife awkwardly, not really sure what to do with it, and then watched the others, wondering how we were going to get away from this thing. I eyed the beast nervously, trying to work out what it was. I'd seen wild animals before on the plantation, of course, but this didn't look like any of the scavengers I'd seen there. This thing was one hundred percent predator, it's muscles visibly rippling as it slowly stepped forward and it's face curled up into an expression of hunger.

Whilst I could completely empathise with that feeling, I didn't really want to end up on the menu today.

"Right." A voice whispered hoarsely, different from the person before. "If we all back away together, it shouldn't follow us. Everyone grab anything within reach, and then we'll go."

A few moments passed whilst people scrambled at their feet to pick up as much as they could carry, grabbing even the things that didn't look as if they would be that useful. Who knew what we would encounter later on? My pack was already stuffed to bursting with food, but I tried to fit what seemed to be a huge sheet of fabric into the pack on top of all the food. It still stuck out a bit by the time I'd given up stuffing it, but it wouldn't fall out. At least, that's what I hoped.

We started to move away, the whole group moving as one. We were going to make it away from that hideous thing. It snuffled once, then backed away slowly. I breathed a sigh of relief, casting a glance behind me.

I turned back as I heard a scream, and saw the beast running back towards us, it's eyes bloodshot.

The group scattered.

121 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:38 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Ben`

Don't panic. It was what people said all the time when stressful situations came up, but this was beyond stress. This was life or death. The group scattered in different directions. Ben followed after a girl that had made a beeline for a tree with a low hanging branch. She jumped onto the branch and began to pull herself higher and higher into the tree. Ben did the same. The creature was much too large to climb a tree and much too fast looking to attempt out running. The two of them were a few feet off the ground when it became impossible to climb any higher. They stopped on a thick branch and observed the scene bellow. More creatures came into the clearing blocking the exits that the others had attempted to make. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed that the pod had not completely submerged and a good portion of it was sticking out of the water. He knew from stories that the pods had large blast radiuses.
"Climb," Ben screamed.

He snapped off a branch and hurled it at one of the beasts that had a kid cornered. Ben looked over to the girl. "Help me distract them so the others can climb."
She nodded and broke off a large piece of thick bark and sent it at one of the beasts.

Death~

114 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 pm
Razcoon says...

>>Clove<<

As the group dispersed, bolting in different directions, I simply dove behind a bush and watched the beast run past. How foolish they all were. Why were they listening to that boy anyway? What makes him so worthy of assuming leadership? And that girl - saying that we're all doomed isn't going to help us live.

She was right on one account, though; we failed the test, which must mean something, and it would be too much to hope for something good. Beyond a stretch and heading into the walls of oblivion. Of course my pessimism wasn't necessary at the moment, but understandable considering my situation.

Seeing as the beast had gained enough distance from myself, I picked up the longbow and quiver of arrows I had picked up from the pod. I slung the arrows over my shoulder, and held the smooth wood of the bow in the center, tucked under my arm. Perhaps I should look for the others.

66 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Rya

The beast scoped out it's prey, what ever was weak and venerable. His eyes set on me. I swallowed hard and scrambled towards a tree, but I couldn't seem to get a grip to climb up. I gasped as it started charging at me. Someone's hands wrapped around my wrists and helped pull me up. As soon as I was out of reach I wrapped my arms around what I thought was the trunk.

It wasn't, it was someone's torso. That didn't make me let go, though. I was too afraid of falling and being eaten. Or killed and dragged off to it's little hell spawns for them to eat. I couldn't help but wonder how many people had met that fate. I trembled as the beast growled.

Some of the girls shrieked as it jumped at the tree. I whimpered and dig my nails into my supporter. They seemed to have a good grip on the tree branch, so I had that slightly secure feeling to keep me from passing out.

That's when I remembered the small handgun in my back holster.

"M-M-My..." I licked my lips and tried to force the words to come out. "My back holster." was all I could muster. I hoped my supporter would know what I meant.

*Her human support beam could be anyone.*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:35 am
GrantBlayfur says...

> Ender <

I don't like being hugged. I really, REALLY don't like being hugged. But whatever; desperate times call for desperate measures. She was babbling, "M-M-My...my back holster." Ha! Like guns would be of any use in my hands. Yet I was the only one capable of grabbing her gun, so I reached around, pulled out the gun, and took aim down the sights.

Years of mock - and real - hand-to-hand combat had made my hand rather unsteady in dire times, so the beast kept moving in and out of the sight. When it moved back onto the creature, I haphazardly pulled the trigger. A loud blast echoed throughout the area, and the creature made a cry like a deep-voiced baby. Heh. I love the sound of beasties in pain. However, the blast didn't seem to hit anything vital, and the thing looked more pissed than ever. I called out, "Is anyone here any good with guns?"

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard