z

Young Writers Society

Run with the Pack

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:30 am
jessig833 says...

When the two wolves were done eating the elk I introduced myself and they told me their names the bigger one was june and the scrawny one was travis I asked them where they were headed they said they weren't sure so I asked could I join them the one called june said she didn't care but I would have to carry my own weight.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:37 am
MilkNCookies says...

June jessie, please use "'s to represent speech. And put your name and age before each post. Sorry to be a bother, it just makes things easier!

"You carry your own weight. I'm alpha here, i don't want any sass from you guys." I demanded. "Travis is 14, barely more then a pup. How old are you?"

"16." She replied, submitting.

"I am 21.We must go find shelter. Eat the rest of this." I offered. She gave a wolf-nod, hurriedly going over to the elk and chomping away.

"Maybe we should find that other she-wolf, the one called Madaline or something."

"Magdalene?"

"Yea, her."

"When Diane finishes, we will go 'hunting' for this wolf." I announced.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

8 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:49 am
jessig833 says...

Diana -16

We headed out to look for shelter "So where do you think we should look for madaline?"

"Magdalene" she corrected. "And we will follow the elk she won't stray far from such a good food source"

"Oh" "Well she shouldn't be too hard to track" I said as I took the lead.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:15 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Minjonet-16

Today started out like any other day - I woke up, showered, got dressed, then walked to school with my friend Sarah. It was normal...for now.

When the day was finally over, the three of us walked back. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were talking about on our way back. Something felt weird. "You okay?" Sarah asked.

"Ya." I lied.

"You don't look too good." she added. I didn't really feel too good. Honestly, I felt like I was about to be sick. She sat me down on the curb just in time. All of a sudden, my body started to hurt. Not just my arm or my stomach, but my whole body. I tensed up, hunching over in pain. I could hear Sarah talking to me, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. Everything started to blur. Something was happening, I could feel it, I just didn't know what. Then I heard Sarah scream, and her footsteps fading as she ran away. What was going on?!

Then, just as fast as it had started, the pain stopped. I got up, my thoughts swirling. What just happened? Everything seemed different. I went to pick up my backpack laying on the sidewalk, when I noticed my arms. I screamed, but I heard a bark. I stood there, hyperventilating. This had to be a dream. I ran over to a puddle and studied my reflection, only to find that it wasn't me I was looking at. I stared into the puddle, but what stared back was a wolf.

---

Okay, I know it's not the best, but I'm still sort of new to Young Writers' Society. Tell me if it's okay or if I need to fix something.
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:14 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Lydia-17

I sat in my room,it was mid night. Noone was awake and my boyfriend sleeps like a dog alot so he went to bed early,after we had gotten off the phone I put my phone to charge then went and snuck out my window. I was scared of heights but for some reason that night my fear just swept away,it was like nothing I had ever felt before to know my fear went away. I jumped into a tree and then gracefully onto the ground landing on my feet,I hurriedly ran into the woods to search for something that I had lost in there earlier that day,my mother's gold bracelet. I spotted some people walking in the woods so I hid behind a tree watching their every move to see what they were up too.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:25 pm
MilkNCookies says...

June

The wolf, Diane, quickly finished. She was famished.

"You should eat more!" I exclaimed, friendly again. With a wolfish grin, I began to trot up ahead.

"She always has these..." I heard Diane begin, trying of find the correct word.

"Mood swings? Yes." Travis replied, just as soft.

"Not always." I called out. "This... wolfish-metabolism is throwing me off balance." I glanced behind me to see them. They were obviously surprised. "I'm a wolf. I have amazing hearing. of course I heard you guys!" I remarked, shaking out my fur.

"Is someone here?" Both Diane and Travis asked, at the same time.

"I don't smell anyone." i said, but I rushed back to them, into defensive position.

"i smeel it now. A... person." I spat. "Stay here. That's an order."

I slowly waddled up towards the human.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

8 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:00 pm
jessig833 says...

Diana -16

June aproched the human with caution "Becarful" I called from behind.

Travis was worried I could sense it, "It'll be alright" I said trying to confort him,he replied with "I hope so"

June was five feet from the human and she didnt seem to be scared at all that was strange and even made me worry a little my neckfur had started to rise.

17 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Minjonet

My mind was racing. There were so many questions! Then I heard footsteps coming towards me. I had to hide. I looked around, and something drew me towards the woods. I huffed, knowing this was my only option, and raced towards the tall, thick tress as fast as my four legs would carry me.

The time passed slowly as I wandered through the woods, with nowhere to go. Once it got dark, I stopped. I stood there for a minute, looking around, then laid down but a tree. The next morning, I hoped, I would be in my own bed again, as a girl, and this would all have been a nightmare. Something told me that wasn't going to happen. My parents would notice that I was gone, and they'd come looking for me! I knew I was only kidding myself, though. My parent would just be glad I finally left.

I started to wine. Why was this happening?
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Maire

There were hundreds of elk, it seemed. Maire grinned a wolfish grin and sniffed the air. There were other wolves around, and none smelled familiar. Marie vaguely knew the scents of her brothers' packs from being near them before she had changed, and none of them were here. Of course, that was likely, they had all moved far from the family-pack.

"Have you hunted before, Jay," Marie asked the young wolf.

"No..." she said shyly, her nerves apparent in her voice.

"Neither have I," Marie admitted. "But I've seen my family hunt, and it should all just be instinct." She turned back to Jay and smiled. "Let's give it a try together, then, alright?"

Jay smiled weakly and nodded. They ran together into the herd of elk, stirring them up into a frenzy. Marie directed them towards a smaller one that seemed weaker than the rest, and they took it down together. It was a crazy rush of adrenaline as they tore into the elk, and Marie felt more alive than she ever had before.
Got YWS?

17 Reviews

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Minjonet

I could smell other wolves coming nearer to me. I jumped up and ran towards them, letting my nose guide me. Maybe they could help.

When i reached where the scent was coming from, I saw two wolves eating an elk. Then I remembered just how hungry I was. One of them looked up at me. I took a step back. The other looked up as well. I began to panic, and got ready to sprint away in case something happened. They just looked at me, though.

I wasn't sure how I was supposed to talk as a wolf, but somehow, I just did it! "Hello." I said, my voice cracking a bit.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene-16

I drag the elk leg for some odd mile, then stop and eat it. When my hunger is sated, I begin to pad slowly away. I cannot linger, for I know the way of wolves, and wolves are wild.

(Sorry, writers block.)
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

17 Reviews

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 am

I really don't want this SB to die already, but no one's posted for a while. I would post myself, but I can't do much. I'm waiting on other people. Image
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 am
untameabletiger says...

Jaycelle(Jay) 14

Hunting, easier then many would think. Well, except when your fighting over food. Something about this change made me EXTREMELY hungry and it was taking all my self control to not go into a sudden killing outburst. Admitting i've never hunted before wasn't nearly as hard as i thought it would be. The real challenge began with a sudden rustle of leaves from my left.
"Hello." Said an unfamiliar voice. At that moment i realized that I had been staring for a little to long. I broke our eye contact and looked at Maire, as if asking for help. I felt like I had a large stone shoved down my throat. Am I really this shy?! I thought.
"Hi." I said with a slight choking sound. I continued to let my eyes wander.

7 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 am
untameabletiger says...

Jaycelle(Jay) 14

Hunting, easier then many would think. Well, except when your fighting over food. Something about this change made me EXTREMELY hungry and it was taking all my self control to not go into a sudden killing outburst. Admitting i've never hunted before wasn't nearly as hard as i thought it would be. The real challenge began with a sudden rustle of leaves from my left.
"Hello." Said an unfamiliar voice. At that moment i realized that I had been staring for a little to long. I broke our eye contact and looked at Maire, as if asking for help. I felt like I had a large stone shoved down my throat. Am I really this shy?! I thought.

7 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 am
untameabletiger says...

Jaycelle(Jay) 14

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk