z

Young Writers Society

Just Be Yourself (Accepting)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:45 pm
Kaywiia says...

Kay

Well, I guess we're together then." The girl who came up to me looked a little akward, like she wasn't really comftorable where she was. I could tell she wasn't exactly the most outgoing of the bunch here.

I laughed, and put a hand on her shoulder as I bent down sligtly and said, "First thing your going to learn about this class is you need to be more outgoing, and learn to use your big voice. Try something more like this," I stood up straight, puffed out my chest and then heightened my shoulder. In a low, mockingly commanding voice I said, "Your stuck workin' wif me, foo',". Me, anyone within a close range of us, and the girl all laughed.

"Okay, I'll start with my monolouge, " I said when I stopped laughing. We both went through our monolouges, and got some laughs over them. I gave her a few tips on how to over-act things, and then the bell rang to go to our next class.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Math," she said indifferently.

"Oh, I have Debate Team, toodles," Ah, debate team, a whole class just to yell and argue with no point or logic. One of my all time favorite classes. I liked arguing, a lot, and this class let me get a days worth of arguing out all in one short time.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'll make a guy if you want
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm
Kaywiia says...

Don't, because the whole point of this SB is to play yourself.

84 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:11 am
fictionfanatic says...

Do you want me to see if my friend will do it? He hasn't made his account yet but he was going to this weekend. I'll ask him if he wants to join
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:17 am
Kaywiia says...

Please do.

Reviews: 1
Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 am
AEROSMITH says...

Name: James

Apearance/Picture: I have curly, dark brown hair that reaches my shoulders. My eyes are also dark brown. I am five feet five inches. *I don't know what else to say. Do I need to add something?*

Grade: Freshman

Personality: According to my friend, I'm an outgoing guy who loves music. I love to joke around and laugh. I'm a big class clown. I also have a big passion for music...I play a lot of intruments.

Social Group/Standing: Uh....the musical ones I guess. I'm not sure. I hang out with a lot of different people. I guess I'm pretty popular I guess.

Likes/dislikes: Likes-Music, Aerosmith (favorite band), being funny, laughing, hanging out with friends, playing music.
Dislikes-Strict teachers, math, being told to cut my hair,

Quirks/Weaknesses: Quirks-Can't stand it being quiet (Usually tap my pencil against desk or tap my foot. Sometimes I'll hum a song but I usually get in trouble for that duing tests and stuff.)
Weaknesses-Girls who know a lot about music and Aerosmith

Strengths/Talents: Music (can play the guitar, drums, ukulele, alto sax, piano, and some other things)

Theme Song: Uhhhh...what does this mean?

Up For Love?: Sure, why not

Other: None

*Did I do this right? I was asking fic some questions as I did this so I think i've got it right, but I just wanna make sure*
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:00 am
GrantBlayfur says...

AEROSMITH wrote:(can play the guitar, drums, ukulele, alto sax, piano, and some other things)

I see raging dual alto saxophone solos coming soon in this story...

And yeah, you got the essentials down pat. Your theme song is basically what song best represents you, or you can most relate to. And you could also add a picture to your appearance section, if you'd like. Some other storybooker's find it easier to write when they have a picture of the other characters, but it's not required.

And it's nice to have another guy in this story now!! xD

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:50 am
Fox says...

Darn it! Ya, sorry, but I don't think I can continue in this. I'm not allowed on technology Monday through Friday, so it's really hard for me to do this. Sorry.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:56 am
SisterItaly says...

Shesh, almost like real school. Someone talk to meee!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 am
Fox says...

Please feel free to use my character in your posts! Okay, now I must drop out. :(
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 pm
Sunshine says...

Can I join?

Name: (nickname or real name. just first name though)Kristin.

Apearance/Picture: (if using a picture, find something online that looks like you) Staticaly discharged brown hair thick with blond highlights.Pale, with freckles dotting her face and arms. One big freckle on right cheek. Pretty blue-green-gray eyes.

Grade:8th

Personality: She seems like the shy, smart type and doesn't really talk to much. With friends she's loud and random, with a crazy laugh. She's very enthusiastic and semi-sarcastic. Doesn't really thing through what she's saying.

Social Group/Standing: She tends to shy away from the populars. Anyone who's random, loud, and smart. She doesn't really hang out with anyone to unpopular. (Guilty!!!).

Likes/dislikes:
Likes: Laughing, sunshine, writing, reading, music (country, mostly), band (flute), and running.
Dislikes: Negative people, math (Grr), and other things I can't think of currently.

Quirks/Weaknesses: I tend to talk to loud. I can never decide what to do with my hair. Up, down, behind ear, in front of face. Weaknesses; British accents ( Ha saw that!), animals, sports that involve cornination, can't really talk to guys

Strengths/Talents: RUNNING, writing, reading, L.A., social studies

Theme Song: Wildflower by the Jane Deer girls
Up For Love?: Sure, if I can talk to a guy I like without burnin up. ( Workin on it.)

Other: Loves nature.
Last edited by Sunshine on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

131 Reviews

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 pm
Sunshine says...

> Kristin<

I really hate being late. REALLY REALLY hate it. Pushing a staticy piece of brown hair behind my ear I glance up. I had absolutely no idea where i'm going.. Then I saw the sign. SEAVIEW HIGH SCHOOL. Crap oh crap. I was getting frantic now. Shuffling down the I tried to avoid the Seniors.
"Hey," I hear a female voice behind me.
I spin around, hoping not to see a newbie - haters.
" Hey...," I say.
There's a girl behind me. She's probaly a ninth grader. She smiles.
" I'm Emaly. E-m-a-l-y. It's a weird name."
" Not really. I knew an Emilie once," I say then remembering," I'm Kristin."
"Lost?," she asks.
I nodd.
" Are you in high school? ," Emaly asks.
" Eighth. Can you help me?"
Just then the bell rang.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

Emaly

Shit! Shit shit shit! I was going to be late!
"Um... ah... That way, third door on the left and all that nonsense," I muttered then ran off.
I would have stayed and helped, if my hiney wasn't on the line. being late for English is like being late for... for... like being late for your own funeral! Mrs. Eamon would have my head.

Just as the second bell rang I burst through the door.
"You're late," Mrs. Eamon started as I sat.
"No, I'm right on time Mrs. Honest!" I huffed.
She gave me a unapproved glance and started taking attendance. I sighed in relief and waved to Samatha, who sits in front of me. She doesn't feel like bad mouthing Karisa today. So, I read the novel we're studying, 'Speak' for the fifth time.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

84 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:03 am
fictionfanatic says...

allmixedup, love that book. Love love love it!

Does anyone mind if I just skip to lunch?

Oh, and I'm gonna edit my profile...Up For Love?: Not sure. I asked someone, but they didn't say anything. Soooooo...Maybe?

Gigi:

Snapping my black gum I barged through the cafeteria doors. The smell of the left over pizza from yesterday filled my nose and made me want to leave. But I was to lazy to find somewhere else to go. My boot laces clicked as I walked over to the table James was sitting at.

Coming from behind him, I wrapped my arm around his neck and planted a kiss on his cheek. It wasn't like he was my boyfriend or anything, but I've known him since we were three. He's practically my brother, and he knows it.

I noticed another person at the table. Releasing James' neck I smiled and said "Hi!"

*Anyone?*
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 pm
Sunshine says...

Hey can I be a freshman instead of an eighth grader? I know I'm to young but I feel lonely being the only Junior high kid.

---The Book Thief---

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen