z

Young Writers Society

The Lost Sea *Dead*

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 pm
kidashka says...

Thank you for bringing me in ScarlettFire! Dark-haired girl = Liliana? Also, I assume Ben doesn't know that Quinn is his uncle?

~Ben~
"Are you sure I'm not allowed to help you?" Ben wheedled, a hopeful grin plastered on his face and his entire body slouched lazily across the doorframe. The cook scowled again, her eyes narrowed in irritation.

"Yes. I'm very sure. Now-"

"And not even being the Captain's favourite, most beloved -"

"-only-"

Ben's brow furrowed for an instant; once again his plan was not going as intended. It didn't take a genius to realise that the very attractive cook's assistant was far from bowled over by his dashing ways. "-most talented, adorable-"

"Maybe you should just give up now." The familiar voice cut across his tirade, silencing him for once. Ben turned to greet the helmsman with a grin, and the cook slipped past with a relieved expression. Quinn raised an eyebrow in slight amusement. "Haven't you been told off before for pestering the servants?"

Ben rolled his eyes in silent reply, seemingly unabashed by the utter failure of his most recent conquest. "Can't blame me for trying..." He followed Quinn as he turned back the other way, a querying expression on his face. "Was there any particular reason you came down here?"

The flicker of a grimace crossed Quinn's face before the usual neutral-yet-slightly-grumpy expression settled back. "Ah. Your father has a surprise for you." He elaborated no further, remaining silent until they reached the door to the captain’s quarters.

Ben hesitated, confusion lacing his words. "Isn't that ...?"

"I've been instructed to tell you that the dark-haired one," Quinn said delicately, "is yours." That said, he wandered off somewhere, leaving Ben to stare uncertainly at the door.

Distantly, he wondered if the girls inside had heard that phrase being uttered. They'd gone silent, at least. Erasing the frown from his face, Ben opened the door and walked in.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:38 am
ScarlettFire says...

((You're welcome! Yes, Lily is the only dark haired girl. The others are blonds. And yes, no one but the captain knows that Quinn is the captain's brother....and Ben's uncle.))

Lilliana |The Lyttleton - Captain's Quarters:

Before Rosetta could answer me, the door swung open and a young man--a pirate--walked in. I was out of the chair before the door closed again. Rosetta retreated into the corner, trying not to draw attention to herself. It didn't matter--the man's eyes were on me.

He shook his head and leaned back against the door. Oh ,I did not want to go anywhere near him. I shot a glance towards Rosetta and the other girl then stared at the pirate. Oh, god. This could not be happening. I kept the desk between us as I watched him.

Alright, now what? I could hardly move without falling over or him grabbing me. Oh, that's great, Lily.

Quinn Luck | The Lyttleton:

I sighed, shaking my head and made my back to my brother. I don't know why he had to do this. The girls wouldn't survive long...then again. Richard hadn't said they were to be shared either. I grinned. Well, now. That made my day. Those poor girls would be fine...unless Ben decided to do something stupid.

No, he wouldn't do that. Then again, I wouldn't put it past him to do something stupid.

Sighing, I joined my brother at the helm. "It's done," I said and fell silent, ignoring the look my brother gave me.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:31 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Bex | The Lyttleton

I frowned down at the cracks, hugging the mast with a rope securely around my waist. I didn't want us to be responsible for a group of little swooners. And even if they weren't all swooners, I didn't like this. Something nagged at me that this wouldn't end up well for anyone. I sighed and unlocked my arms, continuing to climb steadily to the crow's nest.

I ducked my head down and nipped at the rope swung loosely over my arm with my teeth, sliding it down to my hand. I whipped it up to the nest and smoothly through a gap, grabbing on to the end that slithered back through. I held to it with two hands and pulled myself up hand over hand. I glanced down at my positioning, and with a brief flash of calculations, I boosted up and grabbed another coil of rope I'd forgotten last night.

I breathed out. This was the strongest rope we had, and I'd almost let it unravel. I wound it around my shoulder, slithered down the rope, and with one yank, had a swirl of more soaked rope at my feet. I was surprised it wasn't covered with mold. I glanced at the sky and felt a smile flicker once across my face- light gray clouds, drifting rapidly to cover the sun. My favorite. Well, no, my favorites were the jet black clouds with thrilling little white-blue charges running across them, but I could settle for less.

I wasn't picky about what sort of storms we got on the Lyttleton.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

33 Reviews

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:56 pm
kidashka says...

~Ben~

I shook my head disbelievingly as the trio of girls instantly fled to the furthest edges of the room, each of them eyeing me with suspicion. Well, that was a good start.

Leaning against the door, I scanned the room for the 'dark-haired' one. Not that she was hard to spot; the two blond girls were huddled up together in the corner whilst the other one was behind the desk, poised to run. Her eyes flickered down to the desk every so often, and her hands remained out of sight.

I paused, then grinned at her.

" Welcome to the Lady Lyttleton," I started cheerfully. The girl's eyes narrowed with mistrust. She didn't say anything, her expression frozen in a mixture of fear and loathing as if she thought I was going to attack her or something. Fantastic.

"I'm Ben." I added after a few moments, hoping that one of them would eventually reply. The silence continued, dragging out each second like a day.

"Well?" I prompted, looking back at the dark-haired girl. "What's your name?"
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:47 am
Yuriiko says...

save me a spot! I'll be posting my character later on. :3
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:12 am
ScarlettFire says...

((Awesome Yurii... Saved. Remember; profile in the DT ^^))

Lilliana|The Lyttleton - Captain's Quarters:

Ben, he'd said. Huh, a pirate named Ben. That was just amusing....but it did nothing to stop my fear. I watched him, leaning against the door. I'd heard the other pirate... Apparently I was his. And I didn't like it. I glared at him, eyes narrowed. I was ready to move if he headed my way.... I wasn't going to make it easy for him.

"Lily," I said, wary. He looked harmless...but I was pretty sure he had a few tricks of his own.

"Lily," he said, testing it out. Then he smiled at me. "Lily, why don't you come with me?"

I froze. No, no, no. Can't be happening. Can not be happening. He pushed away from the door. So, we were on the Lady Lyttleton. I really didn't trust him right now...

"How do I know you're not to going to attack me or something?" I asked, planting my hands on the desk and leaning forwards. "How do I know you're not just some random pirate who's not meant to be in here?"

Ben's eyes narrowed. Uh oh. I don't think he liked that. Suddenly, he'd crossed the room and stood on the other side of the desk. I back up quickly, straight into the stained-glass window behind me. He just stood there, watching me.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 am
View Likes
Mazzi says...

Moved profile to DT.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

27 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 pm
Mazzi says...

Vincenzo|The Lyttleton

I've had enough of hiding, I wanted to be a part of this ship. To plunder gold and destroy enemy ships was the life I dreamed of, to be at the wheel ordering my hearty crew and sailing the seas. I take a look at myself and visualize myself at the wheel, I got interrupted by the captains son Ben. I knew almost all the crews names now, I can't help it if I'm curious of the ships gossip and events. Oh no, I've just remembered the 3 lovely ladys in the captains quarters and Ben was walking swiftly toward there I kept looking and saw that he opened the door to the captains quarters and walked in.

No, oh no. My imagination was putting my worst fears into overdrive. No, not another death, not after my father died that set my whole life into ruin. My mother ran away, I lost my home, my family and my perfect lifestyle. No, I cannot take this any longer. I jumped up over the side of the ship and ran as fast as I could to the cabin, hopefully no-one will see me I thought while running for them 3 damsels lifes. Now, if only I could have run this fast to convince my father not to take his life or catch up to my mother before she left me forever.

I got to the door to see Ben approaching a black-haired young woman. I glanced to the side quickly to see 2 other women, 1 cowering behind the table another un-concious or worse. I suddenly had a surge of anger and shouted "STOP!!!!!" everything that's been bad to me been let out in the loudest shout I have ever made. I tensed scared of the reaction that might come out of Ben.

Maybe pirate life isn't so story-book like afterall.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

33 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:16 pm
kidashka says...

Sorry for my slowness in replying; the computer's been dead for a few days/

~Ben~

Lily. Well, now I had a name even if her eyes were still full of distrust and fear. I made my way closer, slowly, hoping she wouldn't freak out and attack me like I thought she might, even though she was pressed up against the window as far away from me as she could get, and those eyes ...

I stopped, waiting, deciding. Maybe-

That was when he ran in, shouting 'stop' before I'd actually decided whether I was even going to do anything, and if I had, it wouldn't have been that bad anyway. My gaze flickered between Lily and the intruder, not wanting to lose sight of either of them in case they did something stupid.

Of course, one of them did. She ran, taking advantage of my uncertainty to flee to the door, grabbing for the handle. But not before I'd slammed a hand against the wooden panelling, keeping the door closed by my weight. She let out a small cry of frustration, hand still closed around the handle in a vain gesture. The newcomer shouted again, but I ignored him for the moment. My eyes were focussed on Lily, meeting her gaze, and I spoke, far more quietly than usual. "I'd recommend you stay in here," I advised lowly. "Things are far more dangerous out there."

Turning back to the stranger and leaning my back fully against the door, I raised an eyebrow. "Who, exactly, are you?"

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:53 pm
niclie says...

i really like it. I can't wait to read more

27 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:29 am
Mazzi says...

Vincenzo|The Lyttleton

I hadn't been prepared for this. I did one of the worst mistakes I could make as a stowaway, I revealed myself. As I stared at the threatend young woman I realized we wouldn't get out of the Captains Quarters alive without my answer.

Ben's eyes interlocked with mine and I couldn't let go, such mystery, curiousity and anger in those dark, brown eyes. I couldn't tell him the whole truth or I would be simply thrown overboard. So I lied hoping to save my life and atleast stall the end of the beautiful young woman's I saw frozen in fear at the door. "I've come to.....offer my services, I'm Vincenzo and I can carve, fish and I've been sailing once or twice." One of the worst preformances of my life, Ben replied 'Hello Vincenzo, I am the Captain's Son, Ben. But may I ask why did you ask me too stop?"

OK now for the truth. "I'm afraid my imagination got the better of me, my father died and since then I've had worries of everyones death, I just wanted to stop the terror that would come to any of these captives relatives..." I hestitated and waited for Ben's reply, having one eye on Ben and one Eye on the woman, she looked somewhat more comfortable now Ben was fully distracted but stayed in her pose at the door.
"No-one should die if they haven't commited a sin." I added, making full eye contact with the woman for approval, she nodded lightly and I turned back to Ben.
Last edited by Mazzi on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P.S and to love Lemurs!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 am
ScarlettFire says...

Mazzi, didn't you read all of the previous post? Lily ran for the door, so she's no longer at window.

And it's okay, Kidashka. By the way, I'll be posting soon. We really need more people posting. So, anyone who hasn't posted, POST.

Any more out of character comments are to go in the DT!

Link to DT: topic70450.html

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:48 am
Yuriiko says...

William| The Rose

Being a pirate perhaps was the last thing on my mind, if future plan was concerned. I mean, I have really never expected to be someone who would go voyage out to the sea. But my family's at stake, so I have to dig down for gold. My conscience had enough of the debate, and I was getting a headache. Backing up would totally be too late, so I took into my nose the cool air that gave a slight churn on my empty stomach. Who needs breakfast anyway? And besides, I couldn't find the appetite for food now. The ship started to load on some sack of foods for this unexpected journey, and few moments later, burning coals and foggy air could be seen and smell.

The last time I boarded on this kind of a pirate ship was when I went with my uncle for his three-day ship to an Island, I've forgotten the name since it was years ago. But anyway, at least this wasn't first time, or else I'd be feeling sick or vomiting now.

As I went through the dark hallway, I could hear my footsteps against the wooden floor. Each step made a creaky sound, even though I tried to make my pacing slowly and quiet as possible. I past by different kinds of pirate, no one seemed to notice my presence so I thought that was really a good thing: keeping my profile low. I was surprised to see some women, although they didn't look as if they were waitress or something. They looked like some pirates. Whoa.

They didn't even look feminine, but somehow their smile and delicate whispers that ran thought my ears, actually delighted me. For some reasons, I was feeling weird about, but I knew that having some female pirates wouldn't be boring.

"Hey!"

Someone tapped me back on the shoulder, so hard that I almost jumped a to my surprise.

<Sorry for posting so late. There was something wrong with the internet connection at home, and I got attacked by homework and a project. And I feel like my character's kind of lonely, for those who are part of the Rose ship, pleas bring me in some time.> :3
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:26 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Lilliana|The Lyttleton - Captain's Quarters:

The boy, Ben, was too close. I almost panicked, but then the other boy said something about not dying and I hurriedly nodded. I agreed with him---about the not dying part. Ben glanced towards the boy, keeping me in sight. The boy--Vincenzo--was an odd one, but I wasn't about to argue with him.

Ben was curious. The boy didn't appear to be one of the crew. I looked towards the others. Both girls were still hiding. Feeling obliged to distract the two boys, I leaned back and looked at Ben. He didn't seem so scary now. I could probably put him on the floor with one kick...

I coughed, attracting Ben's attention. "Ah, what you said....before....it is true?" I asked, trying not feel too scared. "Is it really safer here than out there....?"

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:00 pm
Jashael says...

Captain P | The Rose

I walk up the flight of stairs where a Jaxton and Lieah were talking to each other. I didn't mind greeting them. There had been a little celebration last night, where all the other pirates and captives got drunk, including those two. They know I hate beer, but still they have managed to bring a lifetime supply.

I sigh. If I threw the bottles away in the ocean, they might turn into an angry mob and throw their captain along with those bottles. Now, I wouldn't want that.

I reach for my compass and hold it up. I was facing the bowspirit, and the East. I look back. There was no land in sight. We might just be officially in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

I put the compass back into my pocket and walked back to my Cabin. But on my way, I saw an unusually silent pirate, the solely other one who seemed not to like rum. Or maybe, he was just not in the mood in celebrating last night. I saw him walking up and down the stairs last night as I checked out the little party. Maybe I finally found someone I can get along with.

Telling myself that it was my duty to know each and every one on the ship personally, I pace up and tap him on the shoulder.

He jumps as he faces me. Impassively, he stares.

I look up to him for he was fairly tall, then I try to smile. "Welcome to the Rose. I'm Cap'n P."

There was a long pause before he spoke. "I'm William--William Greyback." The corner of his left mouth now turns upwards to something that seems like a smile.

Is it too short?? O_o
Last edited by Jashael on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

worlds buzz over us like bees, / we be splendid in new bones.
— Lucille Clifton