z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 pm
Calligraphy says...

O.K. Guys I will get to you tomorrow I have had a really busy weekend got to go!

A. S.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:46 pm
Dragonet says...

*Edited* I explained his experience with weapons and I change his personality a little bit.

Name: Kace (short for Kacey) Wilson

District: 8

Appearance/Picture: Kace is short, at 5'6. He has wild brown hair, and yellow/brown eyes. Kace is never without a hoodie, ever.
Spoiler! :

History: >everyone is a poor kid that needs the money, so I decided to be different and make a rich kid :P < Kace's parents own a famous clothing market, and they are very successful and rich. Kace has gotten whatever he's ever wanted without having to work for it, so he's got a bit of a spoiled, rich kid attitude, but he's not arrogant.
Kace is the most popular kid at school. Not only is he a cute, rich kid, but he is also the top baseball player. He's a good pitcher and the best batter on the team.

Skills: He has a good, strong arm, and great aim (both come from his recent baseball playing). He's very quick. A fast runner and good at dodging. He can climb almost anything. Fast learner.
Put a blade in his hand (such as a sword or dagger) and he can at least use it to fight to stay alive. But put a bow in his hands and he will only be as dangerous as a toddler with a broom.

Weaknesses: He has really sensitive skin and low pain tolerance (results of being a rich kid). One of his weaknesses is girls, he can't bring himself to kill one.

Personality: He's not really sure what to think about the whole "kill everyone with no mercy" thing. He's not anxious about killing people, but if someone gets in the way, then he knows not to hesitate to finish him off. He's really very nice and friendly, but one of his flaws is disrespect. He hates taking orders. If someone commands him to do something without so much as a "please", he will refuse to do what he's told and be difficult.
He's not really afraid of anything, which isn't always a good thing.

Up for Alliances: Sure, anyone want to be with him?

His Symbol: A dragon. He's always admired their strength and ability to fly. Also, his baseball team's mascot is the Dragon.
Spoiler! :

How much will you post: I'm going to be honest and say 3-4

Other: Nothing that I can think of at the moment...maybe later.

>Is this ok?<
Last edited by Dragonet on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:05 pm
Day says...

Hey Arahnia!

I had to read the first book of the series for my school's summer reading. I had already read it twice before, so now it has been three times. That's why I was interested in joining. Are you still accepting?

Also one comment was that your picture is set up wrong. To the best of my knowledge the tributes started the games in a circle around the cornucopia, not one location. Each was 30 yards apart.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

Random avatar

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 pm
Calligraphy says...

Day - Yes you can still join but, make your profile quick because I am starting very soon!

Ultraviolet - I like your Symbol, but you can't have the compass in it.

Junglelover - Good, but people don't volunteer for the games they are chosen at the reaping from a huge glass ball at random.

A. S.

And, (I am not sure who said this to me or if I replied already.) The people are close together on the arena because it is easier than having them so far apart. So just deal O.K. .... Please :/

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:36 pm
Junglelover says...

You said:
Each player was reaped, or volunteered, and so are now forced to play in the games.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:06 pm
ultraviolet says...

Someone is originally reaped, but they can volunteer in the place of someone else of the same gender.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:24 pm
Junglelover says...

Oh, okay, But does my peeps still work for volunteering?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 pm
Day says...

I've decided to pass, just not enough like the book for me. I'll probably read what you guys post though. Make it awesome for me.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

Random avatar

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm
Calligraphy says...

O.K., we will start as soon as I post who is going to win... witch will take me a while because I have to figure out who is going to...

A. S.

Random avatar

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:30 pm
Calligraphy says...

So I dicided to do things randomly. One dies first Two will be second and so forth. If someone decides to suddenly stop posting then I will change it. I am also posting this at the bottom of my first post.

1. - pinkangle54123 - Echo Skylark
2. - ninjacookiemonster - Andrea Quincy (goes by Andi or Curse, rarely responds to Andrea)
3. - TheGreatIthy - Leon Echelon
4. -Junglelover - Izzy (Izzy is short for Isabella) Fox
5. - Dragonet - Kace (short for Kacey)
6. Junglelover - Ryan
7. ultraviolet - Acacia Lane
8. ninjacookiemonster - Falco Quincy
9. pinkangle54123 - Chase Smith
10. TheGreatIthy -Ivan Istor

You can Start. But, I want your first post to include the day of the reaping and the going into the arena. If you are not sure what to do just ask or wait for someone else to post first.

A. S.

57 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm
Junglelover says...

so, are you(Cal) going to be anyone?

262 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:52 pm
ultraviolet says...

No, she decided not to be anyone so that she can be an impartial Gamemaker. That's the reason I'm only playing Gamemaker when she can't, or I personally feel the SB's hitting a low.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

262 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:50 pm
ultraviolet says...

Name: Jeremy Michaels

District: 9

Appearance/Picture:

Spoiler! :

History: His father works as a butcher. Like most teens from District 9, Jeremy is a good hunter and trapper, and because of his father knows how to turn animals into edible food. He's very good at not wasting any meat, and is very patient when hunting. He was reaped, and doesn't want to be in the games, but he thinks he has a good chance because he won't starve.

Skills: Archery, trapping, knots, butchering animals, hunting, stealth

Weaknesses: Too trusting, bad at fighting humans, will hesitate when it comes to killing humans

Personality: He's very friendly and too trusting. He doesn't like the thought of killing a human, though it's his first instincts to hunt animals. He wants to win, but he doesn't want to kill anyone.

Up For Alliances?: You know it!

Your Symbol:
Spoiler! :

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 1-2

Other:

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 am
Dragonet says...

Kace~

I sighed. People say that the silence before the battle was unbearable, they were right.

Again, I studied my force field. I pressed my hands against the invisible walls and then lifted them and placed them somewhere else. "Hey look, I'm the worlds best mime," I mumbled the joke to myself. Suddenly the pressure came off my hands and a gush of hot air ruffled my all white T-shirt. I was out! Looking around, I saw that everyone else was also free from their force field. I grinned, "let the games begin."

If you know anything about anything, then you know that your first and for most task is to get a weapon. And that was on everyone's mind as they started running toward the tables that held them. Well everyone except me. I made a wide arc around the crowd and then headed for the tables. If I went forward with the rest then I would be in trouble. Let me explain, imagine that you're in Los Vegas, and it's near Christmas, and it's 5 o-clock rush hour, and it's the weekend. Now do you see what I mean?

So I sprinted around the crowd. I didn't get to the tables faster then anyone else (actually I was a little late) but at least I didn't get squashed trying to get there. I looked down at what was left on the table. I wasn't particularly cleaver with weapons, but at least I had an idea on how to use the sword. I mean it couldn't be much different then a baseball bat, right? Oh well, if all else failed I can run fast and I have quick reflexes.

Suddenly, I heard a movement behind me and looked over my shoulder to see a broadsword swinging at my face. "Woa!" I ducked just in time, and the blade flew into the spot where my head was just a moment ago. Speaking of quick reflexs.

My body went into battle mode and I quickly thrust a kick at the guy. The strike didn't do much but distract him for a second. But a second was all I needed to reach behind me and pull a weapon from the table. I glanced down at the weapon that I had randomly grabbed and groaned. Why does it have to be a bow? I hated, no, despised bow and arrows. But I didn't have time to trade weapons. My opponent was going for another attack.

He swung down low at my feet and I jumped up just in time. What can a stupid bow do? It has to be useful some in some way. I could almost see a light bulb go on above my head as an idea came to mind. I dodged another blow and jumped up on top of the table. I lined up, grabbing the bow with both hands, and brought it behind my right shoulder. I tensed up and then swung the bow with the power that I had when I hit a home run. With a sickening whack to the head, the guy collapses on the ground. Bending over, I picked up a loose arrow and hopped off the table. I quickly thrust the arrow into his heart to finish him off. I shuddered, my first kill. Shaking my head, I told myself to man up, they'll be more where that came from.

I bent over and pulled the broadsword from the guy's grasp, "I'll take that." With a twirl of the sword, I turned and sprinted away, hoping to find shelter before a I ran into another tribute that wanted my blood.

>Is this ok?<
Last edited by Dragonet on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

262 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:05 am
ultraviolet says...

Um... aren't we supposed to write about the reaping first?

~asofterworld.com

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn