z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:44 am
eldEr says...

SHANAELA

The girl looked tired, which was good. I felt bad leaving her, but it was really what was safer for her. I would have to leave a note for her or something, give a vague explanation of why I had disapeared. I stared at the fire longingly. There were so many things I wished I could have, but knew I couldn't. At the top of that list was to fall in love. Of course that would never happen. Nobody wanted the mute girl with the fiery hair. And I could never get close enough to anybody to fall in love anyways. I wouldn't allow myself to be in love... too much danger.

Number two was that I wished I had my father back. He had never been one to show he loved me, but he obviously did. Sure, he had used me to do most of his dirty work, but I had stopped hating him for that after I turned twelve. Now I was greatful for it, it gave me a way to survive.

Number three was that these bloody headaches would disapear. They were extremely painful and horribly unconvenient. I still didn't know what started them up. Raven had suggested hordes of things. Grief, depression, anxiety. The most bizarre theory she had was that I had done something to anger some sort of spirit or something. I hightly doubted that one.

I sighed and laid down on my back, gazing up at the stars. Please let Raven be alright and please let me get out of here alive. I prayed silently.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:50 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I stared up at the stars. I wanted to be out robbing someplace, or searching for something, or... doing something. I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight, I could tell. Naela was a few feet away, looking deep in thought. She's going to leave us. I thought. I was suddenly sure of it.

It wasn't a matter of if, but when.

I almost wanted to cry. First my mom, then my family, and now Naela. Every person who could have ever taken care of me has officially left me- or is going to. I swallowed the lump in my throat and got up. I yanked out some grass and began weaving them together. It wasn't quite as active as I would have liked, but it was something.

I was surprised Hunter hadn't attacked the field, what with his weird hate of green and all. I almost chuckled right then at the mental image, but I didn't want to wake Hunter or disturb Naela. So I continued weaving, until I had a formidable rope looped around my arm. I smiled triumphantly and carefully burnt the exterior so Hunter wouldn't try to rip it apart when I wasn't looking. I tied it onto my belt loop and began pacing around the fire, counting the steps softly.

I was at seven hundred fifty two when I gave in to exhaustion, and fell straight into one of the nightmares that always came with sleep.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

384 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:54 pm
eldEr says...

SHANAELA

The girl was sleeping. Finally. I grabbed my notebook and started to write quickly.

Dear Keiko and Hunter,
I don't want to leave you here on your own. I hope you know how much I want to stay with you.
But if I stay you'll be in more danger than you've ever been in your whole lives. I can't disclose
what's wrong here, but I assure you that you do not want to stay with me.
I'll miss you both horribly and I apologize a thousand times for what I'm about to do, but please
try to understand.
Goodbye until next time,
Shanaela.

I crept over to beside Keiko and placed the note between her arm and her body so that it wouldn't blow away. I bit my lip and fought back a wave of tears. I wasn't usually emotional about leaving people, but these kids were different. They were young and they wanted me to stay with them. Of course I couldn't do that, it was too dangerous.

I stepped over Keiko's body and crept through the grass silently the way I came. Shanti was waiting in a tree at the edge of the forest and she jumped down and immediately started sniffing for the kids. I smiled and patted her head before creeping through the trees.

Find Raven. That's your goal. This was another one of those times I wished I could call out for her. But I couldn't and therefore I would deal with it. Ooooh Raven, where are you? I sighed and sat leaned against a tree, exhausted. I was well away from the others, but if I had taught them well enough, they'd know I'd come the way we came earlier. Let's hope they completely ignored those little teachings of mine.

My head was starting to throb again. These headaches were getting way too close together. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, but the pain was only getting worse.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm

... Until next time,
Shanaela

I closed my eyes and ran my free hand through my hair. Well, then, back to Sarla. Back to basics. I thought. I kicked Hunter in the side. He groaned, but woke up.

"Where's Naela?" he asked sleepily.

"She left last night. As far as I can tell, immediately after I fell asleep. We're heading back to the city." I said, making my voice as indifferent as I could.

"But Naela's just going to find Raven, and then she'll come back, though, right?" Hunter sounded so hopeful, I was surprised to remember I was younger than him.

"She's not coming back, Hunt. Not ever." I turned away from him; I didn't want him to see the tear streaking down my cheek. I rubbed it away angrily and picked up my bag.

"Come on. I still know where the best places to rob are, and you still remember where the market is, right? So let's go. Try to survive again."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm
View Likes
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Anyone mind bringing me in? I feel lonely. :P

I finished the job and ran swiftly down the street. I had hidden the money, bringing it with me was foolish and almost never advised. As I passed people, trying to act casual, I ran into the dingy hotel that I lived in. I glanced towards the barmaid, who was scrubbing grimy cups.

"Is she here yet?" I asked.

"Not yet," she said quickly.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Yeah... same with Jaykob... I brought him in and he was ignored... so I'm at a loss. D:

Prince Garrett~

Garrett sighed as he walked through the forest, his long-ish hair waving lifting in the wind. Eighteen years old, and his parents were throwing women from kingdoms all over at him like they were pieces of meat. Why his father was so desperate to get his son married when their kingdom was going through all this trouble, he would never know. You see, Garrett had no intrest in getting married to a princess.

All the princesses cared about was royal status, a good-looking husband, and a handful of maids that would wait on them hand and foot. Garrett was tired of it. Grey growled lowly from beside him, the large male wolf's fur bristling. "Shush Grey," Garrett siighed, shaking his head.

Suddenly, as he was walking, the bushes beside him opened up, and a body slammed into him full-force.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:35 pm
View Likes

Hunter:

I climbed up the wall after Keiko. And man, can that girl climb. I had to admit, her plan was pretty smart: find a vacant room in the hotel, get in, and that's where we'll live. We had decided that a room an the top floor would be better, since people wouldn't check into those nearly as often.

Keiko scrambled over the edge of the roof with a small pant. I pulled myself over after her and followed her to a hatch in the roof. She slipped through and I followed. That seems to have been what we had been doing since Shanaela left- Keiko leads, I follow. It made sense; this was her turf, her kingdom. Urban Sarla.

"Come on, slow-poke! I thought I saw someone, hurry up!" Keiko called. I fell through and closed the hatch behind me. "This way," she whispered, beckoning me to follow her down the hall. We reached the last door. Keiko checked both ways and then started to pick the lock. She smiled triumphantly as the door swung open.

"You are brilliant, Twitch. Are you sure you're fourteen?" She beamed. I had been calling her Twitch since we met becuase she was, well, twitchy.

"Come on, it's vacant- oooooh."

"What? What's wrong, Keik?" I followed her gaze down the hall. And there stood a tall boy- man? Guy? Dude? I had no idea, except he was male- with black hair staring straight at us.

As we were breaking into a hotel room.

In Sarla, where even so much as swiping a grape will get you killed.

DANG IT.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

384 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 pm
eldEr says...

SHANAELA

I don't know how long I had been sitting, but my head was finally starting to clear up. At least I didn't pass out this time. Shanti licked my hand and started to purr, begging me to get up. I sighed and rose to my feet, gathering up my notebook.

An arrow flew inches from my nose and I sucked in a quick breath of air. Again? They were getting to know me too well. I took off running, being sure to check the trees. They were also getting better at hiding...perfect. Shanti growled and took to the trees. Cowardly cat. I thought bitterly.

Something penetrated the flesh on the back of my right leg and my mouth opened in a silent scream. I started to fall forwards and caught myself, scrambling forwards. Daggar. It was in deep, too. Tears of pain were blurring my vision and I wiped at them furiously. Ignore it Naela, just ignore it. That can be hard to do when a fiery pain is rippling up and down your leg with every step.

Raven, where are you? There was shouting behind me and I flinched, veering to my right. They were gaining, go figure. Tears burned in my eyes and my vision swam again. I ran full force into a tree and fell backwards, sending a new wave of pain up my leg. A tree that grunted... I opened my eyes and wiped at them fiercely.

My whole body froze and my hand was immediately on my sword. I blinked a few times as if I could make him disapear. A criminal running into a prince in the middle of the forest...not so good on my part.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Taleon

I spotted two people trying to break in. Convenient, wasn't it? Good thing I wasn't a Hell-ridden kiss up to the crown or they'd be in more trouble then they probably cared to think about.

I sauntered up towards them, looking them over quickly. The boy was a bit older than the girl and maybe a year or two younger than me. And they happened to be breaking into the room right next to mine.

They had taken a defensive position, and I rolled my eyes slightly. "I'm guessing this isn't you hotel room," I said sarcastically.

The girl glared towards me and the boy shot her a warning look, then turned to me warily.

"Don't worry, I won't turn you in," I said casually, leaning against the door of my room and staring towards them curiously. "I just want to know what you're doing here and why you're here."

"Are you really in a position to make demands?" the boy was brave, I gave him that, but since I was in the position to make demands it was hardly the thing to say in this situation. But I would let it slide.

"I believe I am, considering the fact that I know what crime you've commited and you have no idea what crime I've commited," I said, quickly memorizing their faces so that if needed I could find them again. "I'm... Taleon Reed. And you are?" I hadn't given them my real last name- I wasn't a fool- but I had told them my first. Well, that was a start.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Keiko

Not wanting Hunter to speak for me again, I lifted my chin and said, "I'm Keiko. This is Hunter. We just need a place to stay, so if you don't mind..."

"Oh, I don't," he said, and promptly walked into the room next to ours. My muscles were twitching, wanting to run in after him and beat him until he told us everything he knew, but Hunter took my arm and gently guided me into our room.

"Easy there, Twitch. We're still sticking to your plan, alright? At least until we can get our game back, or whatever." I eased up a little; his calling me Twitch somehow always calmed me down.

"Alright. But if he challenges us, I'm taking him."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I haven't posted, can someone bring me in?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:10 am
eldEr says...

**I WILL!**

*KING* TORRAN

I was wandering the halls, thoughts swarming my mind. The elites had just gone out, it was still early. Last night had been a restless one, I couldn't get my mind off of things.

My son had disapeared into the forest again, which didn't surprise me. But I couldn't help but be concerned. Maybe we were being to forceful, throwing all of those princesses at him. I remembered when my father had done that to me, and I had despised it. Of course then I had met my wife... Father hadn't been thrilled about that one.

I rounded the hallway corner and looked up to see my daughter lurking. I stared at her hair for a moment, trying to remember why I had agreed to let her dye it that colour. Or why I had let her do anything I had let her do. "Shadow, we missed you at breakfast this morning," I called out.

She turned and blinked at me. "Sorry. I was..."

I shook my head. "It's alright. It would be nice to have you join us sometime though. I miss your company." I smiled gently and walked over to her. She was absolutely bizzare, but I still loved her. How can a father not?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

23 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:19 am
Chupatoasta says...

Prince Garrett~

Garrett gazed around the vacinity, wide eyed after he'd had the breath knocked out of him. God... just what was that?! Looking down, he bit back a gasp. The girl was rubbing her head in pain, her auburn hair falling before her bright green eyes. When she looked up, her hand shooting to her sword, Garrett realized just who she was. Shanaela Marz. Everything about this girl fit the description perfectly. A few men had come to the castle a couple times, asking to be lent some soldiers, but were turned down. They eventually bought a few rogues off to help them.

Was the girl running from just that? As if to answer his question, three men burst through the undergrowth, the thrill of a chase evident on their faces. Garrett, as quick as he could, took his coat and tossed it over Shanaela's head, hiding her auburn hair. "Prince!" The three men bowed suddenly, kneeling to the ground.

"Rise, no need to bow to me, I am not my father." Garrett snapped, trying to keep his voice steady.

"Aye sire, 'ave you seen a lass, 'bout yay high," the irishman made some hand gestures, "red har' and green orbs."

"Afraid not my friend, if I do I'll definately tell you." Garrett nodded to them, one of the men staring at the girl under his coat. "This is but a beggar, asking for money, now be on your way." Garrett snapped, Grey taking a vicious step forward. The three men bowed again and took off through the forest once again.

Kneeling to the ground, Garrett pushed the coat back, so it was sitting over Shanaela's shoulders. Her hand was still gripping the hilt of the sword, so tight her knuckles were beginning to turn white. Garrett surveyed the dagger, imbedded in her skin, and tore a piece of the expensive fabric from his shirt, looking at the girl calmly.

"Can I help you?" He asked, gently.
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:24 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow/Princess~

I was wandering these halls a lot lately, mostly for no reason, but I guess I was waiting for something. When I couldn't sleep, I was wandering around. I had no clue what I was waiting for, but I had these dreams, telling me to wait. I would wake up, get out of my bed, open the door, and I would hear these voices telling me to walk. That they were coming. I would walk out like a zombie or something. I would continue to hear the voices, and as I rounded the last corner before I got to the door to the outside, I would see a figure, standing at the door. I'd walk forward, but the hall would just get longer and longer until I was running, then I would wake up.

So I ended up not sleeping, and just waiting for that figure to show up by that door so I would be able to see who it was. I wasn't sure who it was, or what they wanted, but I was sure I wouldn't know. But I was simply curious about it any way.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:38 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Prince Garrett

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Criminal/Soldier/Royalty: Royalty

Personality: Garrett really doesn't have anything against criminals. He just hates that they're causing this many problems in Sarla. He wouldn't dare kill any of them, however. He refuses to soil his hands with the blood of someone who knows nothing but criminal acts. He believes they weren't taught differently.

Skills: Amazing archer, and swordsman. He can shoot practically any target, moving or not, from almost any distance. He's the head of the archery training, and isn't afraid to show off every now and then. He is also a smooth talker, and can get about anyone to belive what he says.

Weaknesses: Can sometimes be too trusting. He also lets his optimistic attitude get the better of him sometimes. Despite the things he's been through, he still has a positive outlook upon life.

History: Doesn't really have one! Haha! He grew up royalty his whole life, however parents aren't his real parents. The only people who know that, however, are the king, queen, and Garrett. Everyone believed his hair color and eye color came from his grandfather, however, it came from his real parents. His father was the king's best friend, and one of the highest ranked soldiers in The Guard, next to the king that is. Garrett's mother was a criminal, turned good after she met his father. She gave birth to Garrett a year into her and his father's marriage, and was later killed at the stake with Garrett's father while the king was away from the kingdom. The king, however, took Garrett in and raised him as his own son.

Up for love: Yess, with practically anyone... no, seriously

Other: Has a black wolf named Grey
George Bernard Shaw

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle