z

Young Writers Society

No Love For The Weak

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun May 09, 2010 6:37 am
SisterItaly says...

He wrote on the sheet and handed it back to me, i started to read it.
'Truthfully, I don't know. There's something about you that makes me want to protect you. Like, something that draws me to you and screams at me to help you and it makes me want to protect you...' I only made it that for before the friend who had been talking to zach earlier snatched it from my hands and read it.

"Whoa! You just want to keep her to yourself. Easy there big boy. what exacakky happened to her anyway." he eye'd me winking. I shuddered and fought back tears, hugging myself and looking away, i've held them this long i could last until tonight when im alone. I didn't even look at zach.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 09, 2010 6:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach shoved his chair back, standing up. "Anthony, give it back now." The other guy grinned and shook his head.

"Nahh, the new girl got a secret, and I wanna know it!" He grinned, looking at the letter and beginning to read it aloud to the class. Without thinking, Zach lunged at his teammate, both of them stumbling into the wall. Zach grabbed the slip right as Anthony shoved him back, tackling him to the ground, punching him in the jaw.

Zach rolled over swiftly, punching Anthony twice before they started to roll again, fists fliying.

(I gotta hit the sack)
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 6:52 am
SisterItaly says...

Zach shoved his chair back, and stood up
"Anthony, give it back now." The other guy grinned and shook his head.
"Nahh, the new girls got a secret, and I wanna know it!" he started to read it out loud, and i felt a tear escape my eye. Zach leaped forward and tackled him down. I screamed and started to panic, every one started to cheer.

They started to roll around and punch eachother, no one seemed to care how much i screamed, they were to busy watching the fight. the other guy got the advantage and rolled away from him and towards me. He bounced to his feet and grabbed my arm. I screamed as images of rich passed throught my mind. I started crying.
"No! Please! Leave me alone!" he pulled me closer to him and looked over at zach, he looked furious.

there was no way he could attack this guy without hurting me in the process. I pounded my fists on his chest but he wouldnt let go. Every one was now screaming at him, telling him not to touch me. I started to panic even more, the blood pounded in my ears, my breathing quickened and i began to sweat. then i blurted out
"Please Rich no!! dont do that!!" Every one went quite.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 2:20 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Zach took the silence as an advantage, and walked behind Anthony, wrapping his huge arm around his neck and yanking him from Jada, leaving her unscathed. Zach shoved him up against the wall, saying a few threatening words about him losing his place on the team if it happened again, and then dropped him to the ground. He turned back to Jada and the class, glaring harshly at his classmates, who immediately went back to what they were doing. He grabbed his and Jada's stuff, motioning her to follow.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked, furious acid on his tongue as he sat down on a bench in the courtyard, looking up softly at Jada, making sure not to stare.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 2:29 pm
SisterItaly says...

Nobody noticed zach as he walked up behind the other guy. He wrapped his arm around his neck, pulling him away from me. I stumbled back and covered my face. He pushed the other guy up against the wall. When he let them go he gave everyone in class a terrifyingly threatning look. they all turned back to their work.

He picked up my stuff and urged me to follow him, out into the yard.
"Did he hurt you?" i crossed my arms and looked away
"a-a little, but im fine now. Thank you." he sat down, i could feel him looking up at me. I shuddered as thoughts of rich passed through my mind. This was never going to end. Rich was right, i was way to messed up in the head. Why did the other guy come after me, rich always told me i was so ugly that only he would ever want me.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 2:37 pm
Chupatoasta says...

"In case you're wondering why he bothered you, I'm going to come out and tell you honestly. You're not ugly, by any means. He wasn't 'picking on you' because of your looks. He was doing it cause you're new. I went through it, Alicia went through it, hell, my mom and dad went through it when they came here when they were younger. You're not ugly, so if that's what you're thinking, stop. Other than a couple bruises and scrapes, you're flawless." He grinned when she looked down at him.

"Soon enough, the bruises will fade away, and you'll be the most beautiful girl in the school." He didn't really know what else to say, and scooted over. "Come sit down." She obliged, fearfully.

"Earlier, when Anthony and I got in a fight, you realize I could lose my position as football captain, right?" He smiled playfully. "Like I said, I'm not going to hurt you, and from this point on, no one else will." The bell rang, and he slowly stood up, resting his hand on her head. "From this point on, no harm will come your way when I'm around, okay?" He grinned childishly at her.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 2:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

"In case you're wondering why he bothered you, I'm going to come out and tell you honestly. You're not ugly, by any means. He wasn't 'picking on you' because of your looks. He was doing it cause you're new. I went through it, Alicia went through it, hell, my mom and dad went through it when they came here when they were younger. You're not ugly, so if that's what you're thinking, stop. Other than a couple bruises and scrapes, you're flawless."

Flawless? I wasn't flawless.If i was flawless, why didnt anyone try to help me sooner? My own brother sat there and watch rich beat me. "Soon enough, the bruises will fade away, and you'll be the most beautiful girl in the school.Come sit down." Beautiful? He thought i was beautiful. i shuddered. I sat down, as far from him as possible, hands between my legs and looked away.

"Earlier, when Anthony and I got in a fight, you realize I could lose my position as football captain, right? Like I said, I'm not going to hurt you, and from this point on, no one else will." Why was he so protective of me? I had nothing to offer him, not looks, intellect.

"From this point on, no harm will come your way when I'm around, okay?" he stood up as the bell rang, putting his hand on my head. I wiped my eyes. Now a whole classfull of people might know my secret. I shuddered again. Next was mathamatics,i didn't know what i was going to do, that other guy was in this class with me, and zach wasn't. I was still terrified of zach, but now i was even more terrified of the other guy... what was his name, anthony. Right. I sat down, then anthony walked on, eyeing me.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Zach watched Jada as she walked into her math class, glaring at Anthony when he went in as well. He stopped two of his friends, Rachel and Garrett before they walked in, all gooey with one another. "Hey, do me a favor." He growled lowly, still glaring in the class at Anthony, who was making his way towards Jada.

"Anything man, what do you nee?" Garrett questioned, Rachel nodding her head excitedly in agreement.

"Keep an eye on Jada, the new girl for me. Don't let Anthony near her, got it?" The both nodded, smiled and walked in, Rachel taking the seat to the left of Jada, and Garrett taking the right, the two seats in front of her and in back already occupied. It was like a little guard wall around her to keep Anthony out.

"Hi!" Rachel smiled happily, her green eyes twinkling. "I'm Rachel Blackmon, and this is my boyfriend, Garrett Cook!" She smiled happily, Garrett waving on cue, and secretely sending Anthony a warning glare.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 4:44 pm
SisterItaly says...

I sat down in class, looking up at the door. Zach was talking to a couple. The girl skipped over and sat on one side of me, and the guy on the other,"Hi! I'm Rachel Blackmon, and this is my boyfriend, Garrett Cook!" I tried to smile, but it wasn't much. I flinched away when he put his hand up to wave.

I looked back at the door, zach was gone. Rachel looked at me, her bright smile was gone.
"Hey are you okay? I heard what happened in biology, every one is talking about it." I shuddered, every one?
"Y-ya im fine." I hoped she didn't hear about the rich thing.
"So... who's this rich guy? and what was he going to do to you?" I bit my lip, looking down at the table.
"i-it's, nothing. Nothing happened." I looked up she was looking at her boyfriend.

Class went by slow, and akwardly. They didn't talk to me for the rest of the class. When it was over, i was up and out as quickly as i could. But something hit my butt on the way out. I turned around, anthony was right behind me. I bit my lip and wimpered. Hoping no one noticed.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 4:53 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Rachel sighed and stood up, rubbing the bad of her neck. The atmosphere had been too stiffling. She hugged Garrett happily and slipped her hand into his as they followed Jada out, Anthony stepping out in front of them. His hand swung down, and Rachel snarled when it came in contact with Jada's lower body, Anthony following close behind the obviously terrorfied girl. Rachel reach up, from behind, and grabbed Anthony's collared shirt with her long, slim fingers, ripping him back with Garrett's help. They took their places on either side of Jada, Rachel turning around and sticking her tongue out at Anthony before laying her arm around Jada's shoulders in an attempt of comfort as Garrett waved goodbye and walked off.

"You and me," she gestured to Jada, then back to herself, "should be best friends. I mean, I'm way too outgoing, and you're way to shy. We'll even each other out, so what do ya say?" She smiled cheekily over and her hopefully new best friend. "I mean, we don't automatically have to start having girl parties, buuut," she drew her 'but' out, "I'd still love to be friends." She smiled sweetly, her red curls bouncing as they walked, Rachel waiting for Jada's reply.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 5:10 pm
SisterItaly says...

I felt him walking, right behind me. Suddenly rachel and Garrett came to either side of me.Rachel put her arm around my shoulder. Garrett walked off.

"You and me, should be best friends. I mean I'm way too outgoing, and you're way to shy. We'll even each other out, so what do ya say? I mean, we don't automatically have to start having girl parties, buuuuttt. I'd still love to be friends." she talked a lot with her hands, did she notice when i flinched?

"Um, sure i'd like that." i looked around, were was anthony? he didn't seem like the kind of guy to just give up like that.
"Since we're going to be best friends, you should tell me what happened to your arm."
"uh, i broke it."
"that's obvious, how did you break it?" i choked back tears,
"I-i, i just don't want to talk about it." I looked away.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I screamed and turned around, dropping my books. t was only zach, not anthony and not rich. I still brought my arms up and covered my face.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Zach smiled sadly, looking at Rachel before squatting down and grabbing Jada's books. He stood back up and rested his hand on her head softly, handing her his books. "You okay?" He asked softly, getting a nod. "Good... we've got the next class together." Zach smiled at Jada as she looked up slowly. He grinned cheekily at her, and waved to Rachel as she walked the direction Garrett had went. Zach looked around for Anthony, seeing the little prick staring at him and Jada.

"Hey! Zach! Coach wants to talk to you!" Blaine Kellogg, one of the senior players, like Zach, yelled over, Zach nodding slowly.

"Here, let's go to class real quick, and I'll let Kassy and you get aqquainted while I'm gone." He smiled softly, a little relieved that Anthony wasn't in their goverment class.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 5:34 pm
SisterItaly says...

He handed me my books as i brought my arms back down, i muttered a sorry, but i dont think he heard me
"You okay?" I nodded, still not looking at him.
"Good... we've got the next class together." I looked up, he smiled at me and waved at rachel as she went in the direction, i looked back up at him.
"Hey! Zach! Coach wants to talk to you!" i looked over to the guy who called him, was he serious about losing his spot on the team?

"Here, let's go to class real quick, and I'll let Kassy and you get aqquainted while I'm gone." he smiled, sweetly. He showed me to our next class, government. He sat me beside another girl.
"Kassy, Jana. And jana meet kassy." she smiled, i waved. Still looking down and sitting beside her. I stole a quick look around, no sense of a threat. I loosened up a bit as zach left the room, kassy looked over to me.
"so, you and zach?" she winked at me, i shuddered
"no, no. it's not like that."
"oh? then what is it like?"
"nothing, he's just helping me out of a hard time."
"does this have anything to do with what i heard about in biology?" i swallowed the lump in my throat.
"i-i'm not sure what did you hear?"
"well, i heard that anthony and zach got in a fight over you, anthony grabbed you and you screamed 'Please rich no dont do that.' what did he do." i bit my lip, as a tear escaped my eye.
"i really dont want to talk about it." i looked up to her, she nodded and didn't bother me again.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 5:44 pm
Chupatoasta says...

"You know Zachary, I should kick you off the football team! I should kick you out of this school for what you've done! Young men, who have a future like your's do not do stuff like that!" Zach stood attentively as the coach yelled at him, the coach's face a dangerous purple-color. "However, your father informed me about that girl, Jada." He sighed softly. "I'll talk to Anthony, won't tell him anything about the girl, but I will tell him that if his harrassment doesn't stop, he'll be the one thrown out."

Zach nodded once. "Yes sir, thank you sir." The coach sighed, hand on his forehead, and nodded, motioning for Zach to leave. Zach spun around, and walked out of the office, letting out a sigh of relief as he walked back to his class.

The teacher nodded when he walked in, but didn't speak, Zach taking his seat beside Jada. "Hey," he whispered softly, smiling, "You okay?"
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 5:51 pm
SisterItaly says...

Zach came in and sat beside me, i started to get tense again. he leaned closer to me and wispered "Hey,you okay." I leaned forward putting my elbow on the desk and my hand on my forhead, sputtering out
"ya, i-i'm fine." I didn't even look over at him, did he get kicked off the team? If someone say, would they tell him about what anthony did? I shuddered leaning back in my chair. Today was becoming such a long day. when the bell rang i stood up,but tripped over my own feet and fell.

Kassy laughed at me, i just put my hands on my face, to hide my shame.

The Book.

“I'd much rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea.”
— Carrie Bradshaw