z

Young Writers Society

Surfs up

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:52 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Katrina

I was so excited, I had waited my whole life to be here, to surf, to win. I had been surfing for as long as I could remember, and here was my chance to finally be who I wanted to be. A winner.

But of course, I had to work at the hotel first. Day care, I had picked the job. Everyone tells me I'm good with kids, and I guess thats true. I was excited, and I doubted that I could get even more excited. I was wrong.

"Hey," a boy with brown hair said, walking up to me. "You here for the competition?" he asked.

I slowly nodded, taking in his attractive features. "I'm Katrina," I said, blushing at the sound of my German accent. Hopefully he could understand me.

"Justin," he said, smiling. I looked at the necklace around his throat, and I'm sure the reason he laughed was because of how wide my eyes got. "You like it?" he asked, holding up the crescent moon charm closer to me.

I nodded. "Its really cool."

He nodded, "Yeah. So, what do you do for a job?"

"I'm a Day Care worker at the hotel."

"Really? I'm a tour guide."

"Really, thats cool. You may have to take me on a tour," I said flirtatiously.

"Maybe I should."
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 am
fictionfanatic says...

Fox, when you say Leah do you mean me? 'Cause my character's name is Leigh.

And Kaywiia, we're in cabins. The cabins are just near the hotel.
Leigh:

I skipped back to the hotel. It was only a short distance from the beach thankfully. When I went into the freezing lobby I spotted a girl at the reception desk. I flounced up to her "Hey! I'm Leigh! Are you here for the surfing compition?" She looked really cool. Her hair was white and she had tattoos on her arms "Yeah, I am. I'm Alice by the way." I leaned over the desk and tapped the man on the shoulder "Excuse me, where are the cabin's for the Big Kahuna?"

He simply handed me a pamphlet. I grabbed the girl by the wrist and pulled her outside. Eaving the pamphlet in the air I said loudly "I got directions!" They all looked up from their conversations and I said "This is Alice. She's my new best friend."
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 am
Fox says...

((Ya, sorry, fictionfanatic!!!))
Last edited by Fox on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 am
Fox says...

Kairi

I walked up to Korie and sort of flirted a little. He was really cute, but I could tell her kept looking at Seth. That made things awkward.

We talked about surfing (of course) and the competition.

"What are you going to do with the money if you win the competition?" I asked him. I was hoping I might find something in common with him, that way we seemed more compatible, and things would be less awkward when we talked. I didn't really get a chance to though.

"Don't know-------." Korie said, before he was interrupted by Darren.

Darren and Sam started talking and they made a bet with each other. I was sort of hoping that Sam would win, but I wasn't going to take sides. I didn't want to get involved in that.

I just sort of looked at Korie with a half smile on my face while Darren and Sam talked. I waited until they were gone to start talking to Korie again. Of course, though, the bus to take us to the hotel came just as I was about to talk. Oh well, I would find time to talk to him later.
Last edited by Fox on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:54 am
Day says...

*not sure what color eyes from the picture sorry! Tell me and I will change it in future posts if need be.

Justin Swift (Tour Guide):

"Maybe I should." I really did believe that too. Most of the girls that came were hollow, but their was something about this one. She had beautiful blonde hair, and what I had shortly realized was a German accent was very cute. "My boss wanted me to bring in all the new staff as soon as possible, so I'll have to give you a ride later," I said with regret.

Her face formed a pouting expression as she said, "Oh ok."

"Don't worry about it. It's going to be a long summer, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other. Now we should be on our way back to the hotel." I grabbed her bags and turned around walking to the tour cart. I set her stuff in the back, and then sat down and started the engine. Glancing back I met her blue eyes staring into mine, but I broke away and saw her surf board."Nice surfboard."
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 am
BeckaaBeatdown says...

*Im not sure about her eye colour, blue will do nicely (:*

Alice Von Monroe (Waitress):

"Thankyou" I giggled, looking down from his eyes as soon as he saw me looking, "I love the flowers, reminds me of home"
The boy smiled as his longish brown hair moved slightly with the breeze. He was very cute.

"Im Justin by the way" He said as he took my hand to shake it, "and you are?"
"Im Alice, Alice Von Monroe" I said sweetly, I was proud of my name. It was beautiful and people would say it matched me perfectly.

I followed quickly behind Justin as he walked over to the tour cart.
RebbeccaVonZzombiie

You think I was a zombie, By the way I give you brain!

One Night Of The Hunter, One Day I Will Get Revenge, One Night To Remember, One Day It'll All Just Fade..

126 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 am
Day says...

Becka you should have read the posts before yours because I was talking to forestqueen's character. I know it must have seemed like I was talking to yours because I mentioned the blonde hair, but I wasnt. I would sugguest editing your post maybe you can make it so that ForestQueen's character and mine pick you up in the tour cart.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

Sam

Sam smiled as she shook Darren's hand on the deal, she could taste cthe sweet victory already. "You had better get ready, slave. I've got a lot of stuff to do." Sam dropped her bag to the ground and got her board, which had been stacked against the wall. She turned to him and said, "Well, common then. Like I said earlier, I've got a class soon, so I need to hurry."

"Okay, I guess you're just in a hurry to date me," Darren said with a smirk.

"Oh, that won't happen," Sam turned from him and went down the path that led to the beach. She jammed her board into the sand and pulled off her tank top and shorts. She grabbed her board and, tucking it under her arm, turned to Darren, who had taken off his shirt and was joining her. "Okay, what're the rules?"
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:28 pm
curiousvampire says...

Darren

"The rules? Let's see shall we," a smirk creased my features. "Alright then lets make this easy whoever does the most tricks with out wiping out first is the winner. Deal?"

Fine, yea' I'm game," she agreed."But for how long?"

"Hmm...about five minutes." looked back at the others that followed behind." Anyone have timer to time us and a blow horn?"

"Me, I do," Justin yelled.

"Perfect, put the timer on for five minutes and when our times up blow the horn."

"No problem," he nodded.

I turned around to the others who were waiting in anticipation for the competition to begin," could you guys judge?"

Korie

"Sure, why not!" Leigh replied.

"'kay you ready hon?" Darren looked at Sam flirtatiously.

"Born ready."

He shrugged before turning back to Justin, " On your call Justin."
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

126 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:10 pm
Day says...

do you guys know how to read the posts before you...

EDIT: Sorry for being so rude I just dont like it when storybooks get all jumbled up.
Last edited by Day on Sat May 01, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat May 01, 2010 3:40 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Katrina

He picked up my bags and we slowly walked to the hotel. "Nice surf board," he said.

"Thanks, took a long time to paint and stuff..."

"You painted that?" he asked in surprise.

I nodded. "Well, I had some help. It was plain white before, and I didn't like that too much." I smiled.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Theodorable says...

*I had thought that it was just Sam and Darren talking, I hadn't wanted anyone else around. I tried not to get other characters involved that I thought were not around.*
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 02, 2010 3:24 am
View Likes
Day says...

How about to get things back on track since we had more people join and the confusion someone should post including everyone. This way we can just start over from somewhere. I dont care about location.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 02, 2010 5:13 am
fictionfanatic says...

I'll do it DayDreams...

Leigh:

Everyone (Yes, everyone) was sitting or standing on the sand waiting for Darren and Sam to start. I personally just wanted to get it over with so that I could get some waves in too. They were pretty nice today. Dusting sand off of my legs I jumped up. Cupping my hands around my mouth I called to them "Yo, Darren, Sam! Will ya hurry up already? I'm not getting any younger."

Satisfied I sat back down. Sam headed into the water first and began her routine.

(I'd continue but then I'd have to say what tricks she does and I'll let Teddybear do that.)
Live, Love, Laugh

Sun May 02, 2010 4:07 pm
Fox says...

Kairi

Everyone was sitting at the beach watching Sam and Darren's little competition between each other. I decided to join them.

"Come on!" I said to Korie, pulling him along as I ran to where the rest of them were. When I got there, I made sure to sit a little bit separated so that Korie and I could be somewhat alone.

Korie sat down next to me.

Sam went into the water first, and started her routine.

"Who do you think is going to win?" I asked Korie.

"Definitely Darren." He said with a smile.

"No way!" I said. "Sam is going to win for sure."

We looked at each other and I raised my eyebrows.

"I feel a bet coming along." He said to me. I laughed.

"How about we do what Sam and Darren are doing." I said. "If Sam wins, and I know she will, then you have to go on a date with me. If Darren wins..." I gave an 'I doubt that will happen' look, "then I'll be your slave for a week."

Korie looked at me and smiled. "You're on!" he said, shaking my hand to make the bet official.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy