z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 am
Apple says...

Can I join? I'll post a profile anyway...

Name: Asterix “Aster” Lyons

Appearance: A very strong shade of brown, Aster’s hair looks almost black. She is rather tall and skinny, though she looks like she is weak she can really pack a punch.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Wild! The one word to sum her up as. Oh and caring. Otherwise mostly wild.

History: Aster was grown up in a tribe of dragon haters who took it upon themselves to kill any dragon they saw. When Aster reach the age of nine a mysterious man came to her village demanding for an apprentice.

The village didn’t want to give up any of their children, though, Aster being the eldest girl at the time, who wasn’t in wedlock or apprentice in a profession, decided to go though at a hefty price.

Aster was taught by Merdon to fight and the values of dragons. When she was thirteen she found an egg and nursed it to good health, though young the dragon is ten times taller than her and almost crushed her.

Merdon disappeared a summer before, and Aster has been trying to find him ever since.

Dragon Type: Storm. Has the ability to let off strong electrical discharges.

Connection with Dragon: Very good. Aster has a very strong relationship with her dragon. When she was young she found his egg from her mentor and nursed it all by herself. When Rogue was born they didn’t hit it off because Rogue kept trying to bite of Aster’s arm but when they got older they became very close and considered each other siblings.

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes~ Flying through the air, and eating as much food as she can. She also likes the sense of adventure and will do anything to get her hands on it.
Dislikes~ Shadow/ghost dragons and their flyers.

Flaws/Good Points:
Flaws~ She talks before she thinks getting her and Rogue into a lot of trouble. She doesn’t know how to show her feelings for someone. If she finds that she likes someone she will often punch or hit them and make them think that she is the worst person in the world, often resulting in them hating her.
Good Points~ Aster is very sincere and will give her life for those she cares about.

Habits: She usually jumps around whenever nervous.

Other: Up for love; if you can take a wild girl! :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Rogue

Element: Storm

Appearance: A deep silver coat, big white jaws, and large firey red eyes.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Stubborn and horribly arrogant, Rogue will attack at anything at anytime. He is not afraid to get into a fight and is too playful or stuck up to let anyone but Aster close to him.

Other: Rogue lets electricity cove his body when fighting making it very hard to bring this dragon down.
I spy!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:13 pm
Dragonet says...

Oh, I love dragons! Please save me a spot!
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:29 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, here's my profiles. If you want me to change my dragon's element, do tell me.

Human:
Name: Zara.
Appearance: Red hair and light blue/silver eyes.
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kind but harsh and rather blunt. Don't make her mad.
History: Not much is known about Zara. She was found as a baby on the doorstep of a local merchant's home and grew up in that house. Found her dragon when she was around five and neither have left the others side since, except for when Zara is inside where Roshan can't fit...
Dragon Type: Fire. Zara can touch flames without being burned and produce small amounts of flame from hands. The usual fire wielding stuff...
Connection with Dragon: Amazing.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes Dragons, fire and weapons. Dislikes water, other people and nasty monsters.
Flaws/Good Points: Flaws-doesn't think before leaping even though she's quite smart. Good Points-she's swift and deadly with a dagger, though she can't use a sword--yet.
Habits: Bits her lip or can't stay still when frustrated, angry or upset.
Other: Has a dagger she calls Kohar. Up for love.

Dragon:
Name: Roshan.
Element: Fire.
Appearance: Dark red, sleek with spines and silver-blue eyes.
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Harsh, blunt and a lot calmer than Zara, Roshan is often the voice of reason. Roshan is level-headed and often does the thinking that Zara lacks when rushing into danger.
Other: Has a scar vertically slashed over her left eye. The eye isn't damaged but it makes Roshan distinct. Up for love, if the dragons can love...
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:31 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Are we gonna start this soon?
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:34 pm
LovelessSummer says...

(( I second that question. ))
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:07 pm
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

We're starting Now! :D
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Brystianne "Bree"

Nuk and Bree were having a fight again. She hated it when they fought. It was over something stupid but both were too proud to admit that one was wrong and the other was right. Well, she wasn't about to admit it.

Suddenly, Bree felt adrenaline pump through her veins and she knew she was feeling Nuk's feelings. He was nervous and worried about...something. Something was near the woods that shouldn't be. He was in trouble if he was there alone and...if it was something evil...Bree ran towards the woods where she knew Nuk was. They always knew where each other were.

Nukpano, her dragon and best friend, was sitting on his back legs, tense and ready to fight. He was a young dragon so he wouldn't have much of an advantage. But as long as they were together...they were strong.

"Nuk," Bree whispered, their fight forgotten for now. "What's wrong."

Nuk looked to the woods. It was like she could read his mind. They needed to be quiet because there was something in the woods, something that knew they were there. And they didn't know if it was a friend.
Last edited by WhiteTiger93 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:34 pm

~Nalani~

I yawned, rolling over in my bed at the barracks, where all Dragon Riders lived. Sitting-up, I yawned again. I smiled. Today, was a free day. Which ment we just spent the whole day with our dragons, doing almost what ever we want. I got out of bed, and started getting dressed in my everyday Sky blue shirt and Deep blue Riding skirt. Making sure not to disturb any of the others, I crept to the Mess Hall Hopefully, nothing would go wrong today.

(sorry for the short begining, I have to be somewhere soon. I'll be back later! :D )
If that never happened,

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:56 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Natas-
I spun around and gave the tree one last kick, making the branced rattle fiercely with the force of my impact. While laughing, I wiped the sweat from my forhead with the back of my head.
" Not to bad, Natas," Shadow said. I punched him in the leg and stretched.
" Thanks." Something crashed through the brush suddenly and, as fast as I could, I drew my sword. " Who's there?" There were a few moments of silence before Alice emerged.
" You missing breakfast, Natas." Ash emerged behind her and shook some leaves off her head.
" Morning, Ash." She roared at me, which I decided to take as a hello. I mounted Shadow and cleared the trees, Alice not too far behind.
" Thanks, Alice, what would I do without you." She laughed.
" Miss breakfast."
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:22 pm
Kelcia says...

Can I join? As a good guy with a Water Dragon?

Spoiler! :
Name: Manarian (muh-NAH-rie-en)

Appearance: He has silver-blonde hair that is shoulder-length. His eyes are grey, and very often sad or distant. He has a tall, slender build and a thin face.

Personality: Manarian is a very quiet fellow, and he likes to keep his thoughts to himself. In times of crisis, he has no problem keeping his head. He is slow to anger, and rarely loses his temper, but when he does, you had best watch out. He could boil over and burn you like a pot of hot water.

History: He was, as many of the apprentices were, left with the Dragon Riders when he was very small. They found him to be a studious and strange child, but talented when it came to mind games. He chose Reitsprea, the water dragon, to be his companion. They are well suited to each other, as they have a similar mindset. He was chosen to go on the mission to defeat the Ones of Shadow because of his level-headedness.

Dragon Type: Water. He can breathe under water, and can manipulate it in a pinch.

Connection with Dragon: Fairly good. They are very much alike, but they don’t talk much. Both prefer silence over speech.

Likes: He likes quiet places, not being disturbed, puzzles, and mind games.
Dislikes: He dislikes anything hasty, anyone who is acting rashly, and anyone who refuses to behave in a reasoned, logical manner.

Flaws: Sometimes, he keeps ideas that would benefit everyone to himself. He also can be infuriatingly calm and cautious. He tends to be that cool, logical buzzard that points out what nobody wants to hear.

Good Points: His level-headedness serves him well when he’s arguing with someone, and that same cool logic proves very efficient when trying to prove his point.

Habits: He looks very hard at people when he’s thinking about what they just said. This tends to unnerve some.

Other: Manarian is a word from a language I’m creating. It means, quite literally, Stone-Heart. It could also be interpreted as Cold-Heart, but that’s only in some dialects and terminologies.

Up for love.

---

Name: Reitsprea (REET-spray-uh)

Element: Water

Appearance: Silvery white, with scales that have a bluish glimmer when she moves. Her eyes are a light grey-blue, and her wings have a slight (you guessed it,) bluish tint to them.)

Personality: Much like Manarian. Calm and calculating, but a bit more kind than he is.

Other: Reitsprea is yet another of my language’s words. It means Water-Cloaked.

By the way, can Dragons talk?
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:25 pm
Apple says...

Aster~

I pulled myself up around the tree trunk scurrying towards the top. The sun had already risen high into the sky, the sound of birds frivolous chirps sung loudly in my ears. Swatting away a fly I jumped towards a branch catching onto it lifelessly.

Rogue stuck his head into the tree letting a small zap of electricity hit the tree branch I was perched upon.
“Rogue!” I squealed staring at the small ploom of smoke coming from the charred area. Rogue began to chuckle his young eyes were large and happy. He spread his wings covering the tree in a shadow.

Gritting my teeth together I jumped for rogue, grabbing on to his neck he stumbled back flapping his wings to keep himself upright.
“You wanna fly Rogue?” I asked scrambling on to his scaly back. Running my hands across the bottom of my wing I batted his rib cage.

Rogue tossed his head, staring over the cliff side the water bubbled rhythmically below.
“Well?” I asked bending over so I could stare into his eyes. He snorted, I felt his muscles relax as he began to run towards the cliff side. Wind forced my hair back from my sweat licked face. I began to yowl with joy, I loved flying!

I closed my eyes listening to the heart beat of Rogues heart. Perching myself up properly I tightened my grip on him. I could feel his steps going slower as we neared the edge. Rogue jumped his large muscles glimmering in the sun, his wings unfolded and his eyes narrowed.

He flung himself over the edge, I looked back at the mess hall. I couldn’t help but grin, Rogue veered quickly to the left making me wobble.
“Rogue don’t do that!” I began to laugh loudly my heart swelled with joy. Rogue began to soumersult in the air trying to shake me off of his back. A game he would always play. Sticking my legs in closer I gritted my teeth together.

I looked back onto the cliff edge. Someone stood on a large boulder staring out at me and Rogue. I frowned, "Hello!" I called waving my hand.

**Sorry for the length. Anyone can be the figure on the cliff edge.
I spy!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Kelcia wrote:Can I join? As a good guy with a Water Dragon?

Spoiler! :
Name: Manarian (muh-NAH-rie-en)

Appearance: He has silver-blonde hair that is shoulder-length. His eyes are grey, and very often sad or distant. He has a tall, slender build and a thin face.

Personality: Manarian is a very quiet fellow, and he likes to keep his thoughts to himself. In times of crisis, he has no problem keeping his head. He is slow to anger, and rarely loses his temper, but when he does, you had best watch out. He could boil over and burn you like a pot of hot water.

History: He was, as many of the apprentices were, left with the Dragon Riders when he was very small. They found him to be a studious and strange child, but talented when it came to mind games. He chose Reitsprea, the water dragon, to be his companion. They are well suited to each other, as they have a similar mindset. He was chosen to go on the mission to defeat the Ones of Shadow because of his level-headedness.

Dragon Type: Water. He can breathe under water, and can manipulate it in a pinch.

Connection with Dragon: Fairly good. They are very much alike, but they don’t talk much. Both prefer silence over speech.

Likes: He likes quiet places, not being disturbed, puzzles, and mind games.
Dislikes: He dislikes anything hasty, anyone who is acting rashly, and anyone who refuses to behave in a reasoned, logical manner.

Flaws: Sometimes, he keeps ideas that would benefit everyone to himself. He also can be infuriatingly calm and cautious. He tends to be that cool, logical buzzard that points out what nobody wants to hear.

Good Points: His level-headedness serves him well when he’s arguing with someone, and that same cool logic proves very efficient when trying to prove his point.

Habits: He looks very hard at people when he’s thinking about what they just said. This tends to unnerve some.

Other: Manarian is a word from a language I’m creating. It means, quite literally, Stone-Heart. It could also be interpreted as Cold-Heart, but that’s only in some dialects and terminologies.

Up for love.

---

Name: Reitsprea (REET-spray-uh)

Appearance: Silvery white, with scales that have a bluish glimmer when she moves. Her eyes are a light grey-blue, and her wings have a slight (you guessed it,) bluish tint to them.)

Personality: Much like Manarian. Calm and calculating, but a bit more kind than he is.

Other: Reitsprea is yet another of my language’s words. It means Water-Cloaked.

By the way, can Dragons talk?

Ok! sure! and Ya, they can! :smt003
If that never happened,

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 pm
kidashka says...

I've changed my dragon's element from what I previously said 'cause there are already two fire dragons =]

Rider
Name: Kallo Quenlock
Appearance: *see below*
Picture:
Spoiler! :
Personality: Quiet and thoughtful most of the time but can switch unpredictably. He's a tad bipolar, just like the sea :D
History: Nothing particularly important, just your average dragon trainer.
Dragon Type: Water
Connection with Dragon: It's fairly awkward - there is little trust between them as they don't talk or communicate too frequently. When they do it tends to result in either arguments or stony silences as they're both very stubborn.
Likes swimming, fishing, cooking, watching the sea.
Dislikes being alone, too much noise and Not Being Right.
Good Points: Very determined. Is generally good at weighing things up fairly to come to a decision. However, once he comes to a conclusion it takes a slap in the face [or equivalent] to change his mind.
Flaws: Is sometimes too stubborn to see the right answer, even when it's staring him right in the face, if it clashes with what he already thinks. [ie. maybe if he actually talked with his dragon, he would be able to control her] Can at times be selfish and controlling.
Habits: Squints into the distance whilst thinking. This has more than once resulted in enquiries over his eyesight.
Other: Up for love =]

Dragon
Name: Avena
Appearance: Pale blue, long and slender body.
Personality: She is a laaaaaazy dragon. Also happens to be even more stubborn than Kallo, meaning that she has managed to make him let her do whatever she wants, which is to do nothing. She's a pretty good fighter when she puts her mind to it, but she has to be personally involved before she'll do anything.
Other: ......can dragons be up for love? ...cause that'd be majorly cute :smt005
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 pm
kidashka says...

[I'm the person on the cliff :) ]

Kallo

I stared into the ocean irritably, looking down at the surface. Not seconds ago, Avena had dived beneath the water muttering something about a shoal of fish close to shore. I narrowed my eyes. Gods know, it had to be something food related to get that lazy beast to stop sitting on her tail and do something.
Catching a flash of deeper blue as it shot across just beneath the surface, I followed what I suspected to be my dragon as it got further away and-
Damn. Lost her again.
A few more seconds of futile searching went by. I decided to give it a minute more before diving in after her and dragging her sorry behind back to camp. She wasn't that agile 20 minutes ago when I asked for a lift to the beach, was she?
Oh no, it was all, 'I've just woken up,' and 'maybe if you brought some food I'd be strong enough to flap my feeble, unfed wings'.
I distinctly recalled a feast the previous night, when she'd had to waddle back to the resting ground from overeating.
Seriously, indigestion would have been a better excuse for not flying this morning.
I glared at the water for a second more. Avena's head bobbed up out of the water not far away from the cliff's edge, several fish dangling from her mouth and a gleeful expression on her face.
Glowering, I turned away from the offending sight of my dragon eating, again, to see a figure flying around on a dragon overhead. They seemed to be thrashing about alot, and I watched with concern as they sped over my head and out to sea, stopping abruptly.
Oh, I see. Now they were somersaulting. Of course.
The dragon stopped after a while, gliding casually back towards the cliff. It's rider waved at me enthusiastically. "Hello!"
They flew closer, landing as they reached the edge, and I smiled nervously. A thin, frail looking girl climbed off of the dragon's back, patting it gently as she did so. I had a serious double take. This was the girl who had just been tossed around like a ragdoll? Wow. I made a mental note not to underestimate her nerve in the future.
"Hi, I'm Kallo," I introduced, smiling more honestly. She was kinda pretty, in a cutesy way
She raised an eyebrow. "I'm Aster," she said after a pause. Then, "Do you actually have a dragon? Cause I don't recognise you from camp. And if you're not a Rider, you shouldn't be here." She crossed her arms defiantly, staring me down.
I pulled a face. "Uh. Yeah. I do have a dragon. I just... don't actually know where she is, exactly." I looked into the water again to little avail.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 pm
servant4christ says...

Mayten climbed on her dragon's back, it had been a while since she had last ridden. The sky was dark and thunder rumbled in the distance. Her dragon nuzzled her softly. "It looks like it is about to storm" he teased."Are you sure you want to ride?" Mayten gripped the sides of her dragon with her knees,"positive," she said determinedly. Yaken began to flap his wings "where would you like to go my human friend?" Mayten smiled evilly. "Lets go to the training fields" "As you wish dear."Yaken said as he took flight. They flew over the camp and Mayten spotted a dragon diving in the ocean. Yaken made a deep throaty noise. "Excuse me but I would like to go do there if you don't mind," he said thoughtfully. "You're the one flying do what you want." Said Mayten with a laugh. Together the desended towards the cliffs.
Sometimes you've just got to accept the way things are and move on, but not us...

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta