z

Young Writers Society

High School Dayz

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:39 am
RoryLegend says...

One week at Quinn's house, could my day get any worse. At least it was better than juvie or being around all these kids with power. I was still weak with pain when they put me in the car. I wasn't thinking coherently so i couldn't protest to staying at Quinn's. Sometimes I feel like i can trust him, he had been chasing after me for two years, there had been close calls before where he almost caught me but i always got away. If that stupid cat who wasn't really a cat but a person with powers hadn't gotten out of that freak school right as a was running through that part of town i wouldn't of absorbed her powers therefor causing me pain and ultimatly leading to my capture. I was fading in and out of consciousness while someone carried me into Quinn's house. I blacked out right after being layed down.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:54 am
Bella says...

Light blushed slightly.

"I'm not THAT good," he said, rolling his eyes.

"You're right, you're better."

"Am not!"

"Stop being modest! You know you're good," I argued, poking him in the nose randomly and grinning at him.

**Short, but I have nothing to write...**
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:11 am
RoryLegend says...

I rolled over adn unclenched my fists, whatever i had been dreaming about must have been pretty intense. I rarely remember my dreams nowadays. The room i was in was small and everything was white, i already felt like i was in prison. I wasn't handcuffed anymore but there was a pecular gray bracalet around my wrist i had never seen before. i walked out of the white room into a very neat apartment. Quinn was sitting at a desk infront of a huge set of windows that almost took up the whole wall. He had reading glasses on and was, as far as i could tell, filing paper work.
"Cally," he said looking up, "Feeling better?"
"What is this?" I said holding up the wrist on which the bracalet was ignoring his question.
"Oh, that is an alarm system, you can't take it off unless you have the coded key, which is not in this apartment anywhere, and if you leave this apartment an alarm will go off. It is also a tracker."
I nodded without saying a word, and looked down at my wrist. I felt weak still and sat down on the couch, "you know this really is not fair. I'm eighteen, they shouldn't be allowed to send me to that freak school, im not even one of them."
Quinn looked down at his hands folded in his lap, "And now," i continued, "I have to stay here for a week." i wanted to cry, it was weird but i trusted Quinn.
Quinn stood up and walked over to me, "Cally i know it's hard, but i have been talking to some people and i may have a solution, its just going to take a while."
"How am i supposed to live there, around all that power, i'll be in constant pain. I could die you know."
"I know, so hopefully I will be able to get you out of there soon."
"You have to actually send me there first." i tried pathetically to add some humor to the situation. I should hate Quinn, laoth him even, but i can't he is too sweet and caring, and handsome to hate.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:38 pm
RoryLegend says...

The week went by effortlessly enough. I didn't have to worry about absorbing someone's powers and Quinn wasn't even around all that much either. There was plenty of stuff to do in the apartment ot keep me busy, but i was still in a cage.
Before I even got on the school grounds i could feel power radiating off the bulding and surrounding area. I told myself to concentrate and not think about the possibility of me deing. The pain started, but i watched my feet, counted how many steps i took, and it helped. The handcuffs were uncomfortable but even they helped me focus on something other than the pain. When I got to my dorm room i collapsed on the bed. I looked at the four walls that were to be my new prison cell.
"These walls are coated with a protective layer. They will stop any power from entering the room and if any students come in here their powers will be taken until they exit." The headmaster said, but i wasn't really paying all that much attention.

-Benjamin Mee

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:09 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

"Hello Amira, good to see you again."

"Good to see you, sir."

Mr. Zendoro chuckled. "It seems that you enjoy my class. Is something wrong? You only come in here if you're stressed."

I blushed. "Nothing's wrong...I just don't like all these new people who have been inrolled...that's all."

He hid a laugh. "I see. Well, make yourself welcome, you always do."

"Thank you."

I readied my arrows and set the practice targets at varying ranges. My aim was always accurate, especially if I was upset or angry. I wasn't hard to get me angry, although I tried to control my emotions.

At this moment I had a spliting headache and was just about to relax when the door bust open.

I spun around, eyes glaring.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:52 pm
October Girl says...

Luna;

Luna felt cold as if someone was behind her she didn't feel safe at this school and was starting to wonder about the others as well.

*sorry it's so short I know. Writers block!*
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:24 pm
kokobeans says...

*i'm so confused, everyone is everywhere. Sorry but can I make a request. If everyone put <their character name> before they write, it might make things a little easier to keep track of*

<Haru>

I slowly stroll in through the doors to the new school. Already peoplem are showing off their talents, some have even begun classes days ago. With every head I pass, I tune myself to their thoughts and stories. I'm searching for someone who seems to know what they're doing, but most of those arriving at the same time as me are as clueless as I am.

I'm both intrigued and anxious to meet whoever I could. Although some arrive with parents, many walk through the gates on their own. Some are taken forcefully, and most of those kicking up much of a fuss.

Already my mind is hazy as to which people I have met previously, who i've seen before, and whose glorious and twisted pasts I have unintentionally glanced upon.

I wander through the school, blocking out the thoughts of newcommers and pouring through the minds of any teachers I pass. Eventually I come across the headteacher, who nods down at me - the innocent student who glances up searching for approval - sort of. Thousands of images and plans run through my mind. My feet swivel round with a will of their own whilst I follow behind him down the corridor. Names, dates, events, teachers, pupils, thousands of images and records in his mind that he has merely glanced up on and never recalled.

I feel proud and content that I now know roughly what and who I'm dealing with, but also incredibly insecure that even a psychic of my age can easily see this information.

The most intriging thing of all is his most recent memory. A room he has just walked out of, with a girl inside and a shield. I can't find the girl, only an image in his memory, no voice of hers.

I double back once more towards the room and knock on the door before pushing it open.

'Can I come in?' The girl inside sits up on her bed and stares at me. She's a lot older than me, eyes gleaming a deep shade of gold. Immediately upon stepping into the room an awful silence fills my mind.

There's nothing. No thoughts, no sounds, no images, only the distant voices, each ringing empty words outside the door. The girl in front of me. What can I find about her?

I can't remember her records, I can't remember anything I've found, only that there's something strange about this room, something that terrifies me. My hands are already trembling.

I open my mouth and ask a question that hasn't escaped my lips since I was an infant.

'Who... are you?'

114 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:59 am
RoryLegend says...

Cally-

Who was this strange person just waltzing into my room like they owned the place? I could tell that the room had taken an effect on him. He had long blond hair pulled back and blue eyes, he looked nervous, his hands were shaking.
"Cally," I said, "Cally Reed." I was begining to feel better, the pain was almost completly gone, the room worked. When he didn't say anything i asked, "Who are you?"

-Benjamin Mee

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:45 am
Kitty says...

>>I'm lost. I guess I'll start where ever,<<

I walked down the hall towards my room. A week had passed since my encounter with the headmaster. My arms were still bruised and I was still sore. As I walked through my door I felt my powers drain. I looked around my room and saw a kid, younger than me and a girl, probably about the same age.

I walked over to the girl and stuck my hand out acting all cheerful again and said, "You must be my new roommate! The names Nina! What's yours?"

The girl stared at me for a second, but then said, "Cally."

"Well, I hope you like it here, Cally! I sure do!" I lied still acting cheerful. I turned around to face the young boy. "You can leave now, Haru." I growled quietly into his ear. The boy looked stunned. I could tell what anyones' name was. I had been reading the files of all the newcomers earlier that morning. I smile at Haru and gestured with my hand towards the door.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

114 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:51 am
RoryLegend says...

Great, a room mate, just what i needed. She already was annoying, all happy to be at the school, loving evey minute of the whole damned thing

-Benjamin Mee

12 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:07 am
Kitty says...

After Haru had walked out I plopped down on my bed. I could feel my room mates stare. I looked at her and frowned. "You don't like it here either do ya?" I asked in my regular I-hate-every-thing voice. The girl didn't say anything only shook her head no. "Me either." I said as I exposed my bruised-covered arms.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

114 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:13 am
RoryLegend says...

Cally-

Is that what really goes on here? They beat kids? Well that was a comforting thought. I rubbed my forehead. "What is your power?" I asked not deciding if i cared or not. I layed down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I wondered what i was going to do come time to go to class. I would have to leave the protection of my prison walls. I guess the girl had answered by then because she was looking at me expectantly. "Sorry what was your power?" I threw her and apologetic look, "i guess I zoned out."

-Benjamin Mee

12 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:27 am
Kitty says...

Nina Shotts

"It's ok. Mind Reading, Tranforming, I can make illusions appear out of thin air, and I can stop anyone from using their powers if the timing is just right." I told her again. "Oh and by the way. They don't beat us. I just get in fights with the headmaster alot. And you dont need to worry about classes. All yours are with me, so I can help you keep your powers under control."

>>Sorry it's short.<<
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

114 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:34 am
RoryLegend says...

Mind reading. Great. "Look, Nina, is it?" she nodded, "My powers aren't exactly normal." what an ironic word. "If i'm around to many people with powers for too long it'll kill me. I will just keep absorbing their power until eventually i can't hold it much longer and i explode or something like that. It hurts like hell to be in this godforsaken place. Thats why people loose their powers when they come in here..the room is sort of safety coated." I sat up.

-Benjamin Mee

12 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:39 am
Kitty says...

"Okay. I understand all that. I have already read every newcomers file. Yours especially. The powers that I have can put an invisible barrier around you so you can't explode. I already talked to the horrid headmaster about it." I smiled at her. "Do you want me to prove it to you?"
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah