z

Young Writers Society

Laughing Stock

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 pm
RoryLegend says...

[Lyra]

When we opened we began to get a steady flow of customers. Brandon stuck around and served the late afternoon drinkers. When things settled down right before the late night rush he showed me how to mix a few drinks. It was fun, but a lot harder than it looked. I had dropped two mixers full of someone's achololic bevarage and manages to mess up three orders when Mick walked in.
"Brandon?" I said trying to concentrate on my mixing.
"Hmm?"
"Would you throw someone out for me?" Brandon was such a sweet but he knew how to be tough, and his muscles were pretty intimidating.
He popped his head up, and his eyes brightened at the chance, "Who."
"That guy over there." I said adverting my eyes to Mick who smiled goofily and waved.
"He messin with you or somethin?" Brandon asked, but he didn't wait for my answer. He strode over to Mick who immediatly lost his smile. At first I watched ammused, then I heard my name. Things were getting a little heated, Mick threw a punch. Brandon ducked and whammed Mick in the gut. Soon we had a bar fight on our hands.

*thought I should liven things us a bit..hehe.*
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Name: Luna

Appearance: Tall, curved, medium long, black hair, sharp blue eyes

Personality: Fun-loving, mischievous, angered easily.

History: Fresh out of high-school and a veteran in the waitressing area...Level 68 Draenei Hunter on WoW....for real
Last edited by LunaBuna43 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:06 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah sat in her office, after leaving Brandon to do his own thing. He got along well with the girls, so at least it kept him out of trouble. The pulse of the club was low in the room, and was stifled by the soundproofing.

"Hm." She grubmled to herself as she closed the account books and stood up, stretching and smiling lightly to herself for the first time that day.

Fumbling in the corridor outside her door cut her off and she frowned, making her way to the entrance to check out the fuss, only to be knocked back as the door swung open and Lyra stumbled in, her face red and her eyes wide.

"A... A f-fight!"

"What?" She replied sharply, sliding past Lyra and rushing to the bar room, where the noise began to grow to screams and panicked shouts. There, amongst the brawl, were Brandon and Mick, one in a headlock while the other punched mindlessly at any body part they could find.

"Right." Savannah stormed over to the crazed mess and pulled them both apart, recieving a blow to her cheek in the process. Shoving Brandon over to Lyra, she grabbed Mick by the arm and began to propel him to the front door, ignoring his protests.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

63 Reviews

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:04 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

I opened the front door just as Savannah pushed Mick out.

"Oh, you're late." Savannah said angrily.

"I know I'm sorry. I had to stay late at school and all that." I sighed and walked in. I could tell Savannah was angry. Better not get here angrier. I thought as I walked over next to Lyra.

"I think I got Sav angrier for being late." I sighed and sat on the stool next to her. "What's wrong?" I noticed her face had no color to it.

114 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 am
RoryLegend says...

[Lyra]

Oh how stupid I felt. I only asked Brandon to help because I knew Mick wouldn't leave if I asked him. And it got way too out of control. I was searching for a band aid when I heard a thoughtful "What's wrong?" directed to me. I looked up and gave a faint smile.
"Sorry, can't talk, gotta help clean up." I walked over to Brandon and began to clean his wounds, trying to erase the betrayed look Mick had thrown me on his way out from my mind.
"Here," I said, cleaning a wound above Brandon's eyebrow, "I can't believe you fought him."
"I thought he was bothering you."
"No! He was my boyfriend and he was getting me in trouble by coming around here so much. I knew he wouldn't listen to me, that's why I asked you. I never thought you would fight!"
"Oh, I knew there was something about that guy I didn't like. You're too good for him."
I half smiled, "Savannah is going to be so mad at me." I said noticing her coming in our direction.
"Let me handle this." Brandon said.
"My office, now! The both of you!"
We walked solemnly to her office and cringed as she slammed the door shut.
"What the hell was that!?"
"It's my fault Sav," Brandon relpied before I could stop him, "It was just a misunderstanding."
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

63 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Luna~

I jumped as Savannah slammed her office door shut. She must be really angry. I sighed and banged my head on the table. All of a sudden my phone vibrated.

"Hello?" I said into it tiredly.

"Hey Lu. Me and the others a coming to the bar and we were wondering if you can get us in." I noticed my younger brother's voice at once.

"Kyle. You and your buddies are sixteen. I am not helping you get in. If you wanna come you gotta talk to Savannah." I sighed before hanging up.

"But I prom-" was all he got in before I hung up. I stood and walked around the bar. I quickly whipped up a Bloody Mary and began gulping it down.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:34 am
Loose says...

Sorry guys, I have to retire from this story. I haven't been active at all. I just don't have the energy or the interest in continuing, with all the stuff going on.

Wave bye bye to Peter B.

461 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:20 am
GingerLizzy says...

Fair enough Loose. Thanks for showing some interest at first anyway,

"A misunderstanding!" Savannah exclaimed, gesturing wildly to the cuts and bruises that littered Brandon's face. "You're sevnteen, Brandon, not seven! I can't have you throwing your weight around. Things are bad enough as they are, what with the lack of entertainment here."

She deflated all of a sudden and rested herself against the edge of her desk, rubbing at her eyes.

"Aunt Sav... Look, I'm sorry. Lyra was having some hassle with him; she didn't want to get into trouble. I just got the wrong end of the stick, that's all." Brandon cringed at the sight of his crumbling Aunt.

"Sav, sorry. It was just... Y'know, Mick." Lyra whispered, scared at the site of her usually motivated boss.

"Just, it doesn't matter now." She blew through her teeth and managed a wan smile. "You kids grow up way too fast. Now, let's go clean up and I'll see if I can rustle up some last minute laughs, eh?"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:44 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

As the fight broke up, I settled back down, hunched over my two bread rolls and the glass of water. I pulled my bag closer, opened it and slipped the larger of the bread buns into the empty food bag before starting to nibble on the other. It was hard and my taste buds longer for a scraping of butter or a little soup to dip it in but my stomach was more than grateful to finally have something to eat.

Eating was a task to be enjoyed so my mind remained blank for the majority of the meal though I was occasionally paranoid of losing my dinner. Each time a person passed my table, I drew closer to the food and wrapped my hand more tightly around the strap of my bag.

"Are you finished with that?" A waitress asked, indicating the empty glass.

"Yes thanks," I replied quietly, licking the crumbs from my fingers.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

63 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:14 am
LunaBuna43 says...

(Can someone bring me back in? Somehow I got lost...)

461 Reviews

Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah sauntered back into the main bar and smiled brightly, shaking off the stress that was slowly gnawing it's way through her soul. She nudged Luna over to the bar and began to work her way to the stage.

She swooped down on the microphone and called chirpily, "Howdy folks. Sorry for that little incident back then, y'know what kids are like nowadays. There'll shortly be some entertainment soon, so please, just hang in there."

She jumped from the stage and waltzed over to Adelle, resting an elbow on the bar.

"Hm, you're the girl looking for work right?"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

"Yes ma'am," I replied, looking up at the red haired woman. Her green eyes flashed a smile and she leaned in closer.

"How soon can you be ready? Luna here will take you through to the back room if you need to change your outsit or rehearse..." The woman indicated a tall, dark haired girl who appeared to be a few years younger than me and was currently guzzling a rather large quantity of alcohol.

"Well I mostly tell jokes and stories and I can juggle fruit or sing but I don't really have an outfit so... I can be ready now? If you want?" I could barely believe that I was actually being asked to start the entertainment and they hadn't even seen me perform before. They were either desperate or really nice and I was inclined to hope for the latter.

"Good. I'll introduce you."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

63 Reviews

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:57 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Luna~

I watched Sav talk to the poor looking girl. She motioned towards me and said something to the girl. The girl said something back and Savannah nodded and walked towards the stage.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

114 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:19 am
RoryLegend says...

Lyra-

Brandon helped me flip chairs back upright and clean up the spilled beer.
"He is so mad at me." I said wiping up the floor with a rag.
"Really? I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault, I shouldn't have- I just knew he wouldn't listne to me. I didn't want to make Sav more upset and get fired." I burried my face in my hands and sighed.
"I just got out of control. Jelousy cna really get ya." He laughed and lightly hit my knee with the back of his hand.
"You are jeoulse of Mick?"
"Yeah, why not? He has a really great girl and he doesn't even realize it."
"Well, I still feel really stupid, and bad. I can't go back to the apartment. Not tonight, not after that look." I totally betrayed him, "What did you say to him to make him so mad?"
"Well.." Brandon scratched the back of his head, "I didn't know he was your boyfriend. And you said he had been bothering you."
"What did you say!?" I asked nervously.
"I kinda told him to stay away from my girl."
"My girl!? As in me!?" Brandon nodded his head, "He thinks I am cheating on him!?"

-Benjamin Mee

63 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:20 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Luna~

As I refilled my glass I heard Brandon and Lyra talking about the recent bar fight. I need more alchohol... I slammed my head on the bar table. It had been a long day with winter tests and all. I moaned and began sipping up the delectant tomato juce and vodka drink.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert