z

Young Writers Society

Mixed-up fairly tales

Reviews: 1
Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:18 am
themagickeeper says...

Princess Aurelia stood on the tips of her heels as people started dancing to 'Party Like a Rock Star'. Aurora was dancing with her Prince, in that random, slutty way. Aurelia shook her head.

She needed to find Cindy and tell her about the witch-lady before it was too late. Glancing around, she saw the white puffy dress that Cindy had said she would be wearing.

It was swishing around the ballroom floor, oblivious to the party music that was playing. Aurelia looked to see who Cindy was dancing with, and breathed a sigh of relief. It was Charming.
Sally: [singing] I'm Susan the happy trotting elf! I trot and trot and bounce and bounce and smile a lot and that's what counts! I'm Susan the happy trotting smile a lotting elf! I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I say "Apparently!"

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 am
View Likes
sokool15 says...

Garret sighed and straightened his only slightly torn and faded suit, stepping into the brightly lit ballroom. People were already on the dance floor, rocking out to some strange song he'd never heard before.

Garret walked over to the quiet corner he usually liked to sit in at these stupid gatherings...out of sight of his idiot brother and his idiot wife. As he was about to sit down, he tripped and stumbled over some woman's blue silk gown.

"Sorry!" Garret mumbled, straightening up. He had a sickening feeling that he'd ruined the girl's dress.

"That's all right...wait...I know you..." Garret looked into the lovely face of a woman with long, silky hair. He gulped.

"You do?"

She smiled, and Garret's breath caught in his chest. "Yes, you're the one who gave me food in the forest all that time!"

Garret stared, speechless.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:29 am
chocoholic says...

Lillian; Human

I spent most of the night standing and watching everyone. The party was boring, and the girl wasn't doing what she was supposed to be doing. That damn Cinderella was dancing with 'Charming', and the idiot girl was talking to some commener.

"Care to dance, m'lady?"

I turned around. The prince's page boy, Rorick, held his hand out. I turned my nose up at him.

"Why would I dance with the likes of you?"

The boy nodded.

"Quite right, m'am."

He left, and I went back to watching the girl. She was on the dance floor now, with the wood chopper. The only thing that was stopping me from going and ripping her head from her shoulders was my reputation. Proper evil villans didn't cause scenes like that.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:42 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

(lol chocoholic, I love your character!!!! Sorry, I just wanted to tell you.)
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:23 pm
Rydia says...

Cathy

"You didn't say I had to convince the prince to like me!" I protested, scoffing at the impossible task as the woman shoved an invite into my hand and bustled me out of the carriage.

"How else are you going to stop him dancing with the other girls? And we have a deal."

"And what if I've changed my mind?" I retorted.

"Oh trust me, you're not going to do that," she hissed. I fell silent as we entered the palace and she led me across to a man with blond hair and very extravagant clothes who could only be Prince Charming. He was dancing with a beautiful young woman.

"Dear Prince, here's the girl I was telling you about," the woman said by way of introduction. "Come Cinderella, I need a work with you."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:22 am
Light_Devil says...

<Rorick>

HOW DARE SHE!

First of all she steals my prince now she's bloody caught the attention of the whole bloody woman armada,
thought Rorick as he was just rejected by a lady, who was now intently watching Cinderella.

Rorick's eyes widened, when did he start thinking of the Prince as "his" and most importantly why was he jealous?

He screamed inwardly, OMIGAWD!!!!!

He put his hand to his forehead and promptly fainted with a loud thump. This drew the Prince's attention away from the new girl and towards his fallen page.
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:10 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

<Prince Charming>

The Prince saw and heard Rorick fall to the ground.

"RORICK??!!!?" The Prince ran over to the fallen page, whatever spell had been cast on him shattered, as he realized his love for the boy, "Rorick!? Are you okay?"

There was silence in the ball room.

Cinderella, Aurelia, Cathy, Lillian and Wanda looked at the scene. Each face fell. . .
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:24 pm
sokool15 says...

Garret watched in dismay as his matchgirl was led away by another woman, over to the prince. His matchgirl - he still didn't know her name - and the prince were talking one minute, and the next the prince was running over towards his fallen page.

"Rorick! Are you okay?" Prince Charming's voice was almost frantic with concern.

Garret groaned. He had heard Charming was strange, but...a page boy? Falling in love with a page was not the sort of thing princes did in public.

He walked over to Prince Charming and pulled him away from Rorick. He bent over the boy and noticed he was still breathing. He must have fainted from some sudden realization or something, thought Garret. Well, Garret had dealt with this sort of thing before. He dealt the page boy a resounding SLAP on the cheek.

"Ouch!" Rorick sat up straight, rubbing his rapidly bruising cheek. "I'm awake!" He looked straight up into the eyes of Prince Charming and groaned, closing his eyes again. "I think I'm awake, that is."

Prince Charming turned slowly to Garret, eyes burning furiously in his head. "How. Dare. You," he said through gritted teeth. "You struck Rorick! You filthy peasant! GUARDS!"

Garret stepped backwards warily, watching in dismay as ten guards poured through open doorways.

"Take this man to prison and hold him there until you hear directly from me," commanded the Prince.

Garret sighed and held out his hands. The price you pay to be a hero, I guess.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:00 pm
Rydia says...

Cathy

"No!" I shrieked. "No, you can't! Do something, help him!" I pulled at the woman's skirts and she shook me away.

"Shut up you stupid child. It looks like your services are no longer needed." She smiled and laughed harshly as the guards took hold of the woodcutter's son but her joy was directed at the prince who was now pulling the page boy to his feet and making soothing sounds. A very distraught Cinderella turned and ran towards the door, closely followed by a brown haired girl who glared first in my direction and then at the prince and his companion.

"Are you alright, Rorick? Everything is going to be fine. You there, bring some ice immediately!" I rushed over to the prince, almost tripping in the long blue gown and slippery shoes. How could he lock away the only person who had ever cared for me? How could this day have gone so wrong?

"Please, your highness, please he meant no harm. He was only trying to help."
Writing Gooder

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 pm
View Likes
canislupis says...

Gold-Dust

After liberally sprinkling poison onto the bowls of their table, I scamper out the door, not bothering to hide my tracks. Oh well. It was time for me to report anyway.

As I slunk through the back gates of the castle, my hood pulled over my give-away hair, the sounds of music and dancing filtered through the heavy stone walls, reminding me.

The ball was today! I had forgotten. Forgetfulness was not tolerateable in my line of work. My master would be in the midst of it all, dancing, laughing and probably drinking. I would have to find somewhere to stay until I could see him... But curiosity overwhelmed me, and I tiptoed closer to the sounds of music.....

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:13 pm
BigBadBear says...

(By the way, Wanda was not at the ball. She is off somewhere else, but I wanna control Cinderella and give her the worst possible outcome; but remember: she does fall in love with the Prince!)

Wanda; Fairy

All of the commotion stunned Cinderella, and she glanced up at the clock. 11:59. Sighing, she realized that she still had...one more minute? She gasped and started running towards the door. Just then, the clock struck twelve, and she was sent hurling to the ground.

With an elaborate motion, Cinderella glanced up to see what had happened. Her shoes, dress and pretty hair was completely gone! Grunting, she pulled herself up and everyone was looking at her filthiness. Tears came to her eyes, and she ran out the door, leaving every chance of marrying the prince.

___

"Oh, my poor darling!" Wanda said, coaxing Cinderella into her arms. On the inside, Wanda was smiling evilly.

"It just...it just went poof! and then dissapeared!" Cinderella cried in Wanda's arms. There was a moment of just her crying, and then Wanda stepped back.

"Well, I guess that there will be no happily ever after for you..."

Cinderella looked up at her fairy-god mother. "W-what?"

"You heard me. I have planned everything. I have planned to ruin this night! Now the Prince is utterly disgusted, and you will never live the same way again! Ha! What a loser of a girl!"

Cinderella shook her head, muttering, "No! No, that can't be right! You are my fairygodmother! You can't do this!"

"Correction," Wanda interupted, " I WAS your fairy god mother. Now, I shall be known as the Wicked Fairy of the West!" Wanda laughed evilly.

Cinderella broke into tears as her fairy god mother - excuse me - Wicked Fairy of the West flew out the window, and out of her life for forever...
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:32 am
chocoholic says...

Lillian; Human

The girl tried and tried to get away from me and see the giant, but I held onto her collar, stopping her from going anywhere.

"I thought my services were no longer needed," the girl snapped.

I smirked. "Oh, I'm sure I can think of something else for you to do. Perhaps my agent can train you. You're small and skinny," I smiled, and then nodded. "Yes, that's it. You shall become a spy my dear. Now we just have to wait for my agent. She had better not still be at the bear's house! Her and her stupid bears!"
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 am
Light_Devil says...

<Rorick>

Rorick smiled gleefully happy to have his prince back. The pain of the slap was still there accompinied with a bright pink mark. Rubbing it unhappilly he couldn't take his eyes of the Prince.

The Prince was still deciding what to do. Should he put the man in prison? Or shouldn't he?

Rorick looked at the man, I'm sure he wasn't trying to harm me. . . . Meerly wake me up is all.

Rorick spoke,

"Prince Charming," The Prince's head immediately snapped to attention.

"Yes?"

"Don't put this man in prison please! He was probably just trying to wake me up." Rorick continued glancing at the man.

The man nodded a yes and said,

"I was only trying to help." the Prince; who was having a major thinking attack, said,

"Ahhhh, so you try to help people by slapping them?"

The man's eyes widened,

"No, no, no I didn't mean it like that! I meant that . . . that. . . . that I WAS only trying to wake him up!"

"You DARE yell at the King in Waiting? I should have you drawn and quartered!"

Rorick sighing to himself thinking Geez, this guy seems to be digging his own grave!.

Rorick spoke up intervening,

"Please, let him go! For me!" that was when Rorick pulled his trick, the trick that worked on everyone.

Rorick had learned an awesome skill.

Rorick worked his skill, PUPPY-DOG-EYES!

All the guards and women suddenly fell silent and stared at him in complete awe.

"Drop the man."

The guards dropped the man who was now also in complete submission to what Rorick said.

The lady who had rejected Rorick ran up to slap the man on the face,

"SNAP OUT OF IT!" she yelled in a whisper.
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:00 pm
Rydia says...

Cathy

"What if I don't want to be your spy?" I protested, still trying to pull away and craning my neck to see what was going on. Rorick appeared to have started urging the king to let the woodcutter's son go but at first it didn't appear to be working.

"Please, let him go! For me!" Rorick begged, looking up at the prince, his eyes wide and sad; just like a puppy dog's. The room fell silent.

"Drop the man," the prince commanded. The guards obeyed.

"Thank you," Rorick said softly.

"The ball is canceled," the prince announced. "Guards see that all the guests leave. Rorick, come with me." I watched as the woodcutter's son stood up but then the woman began pulling on my arm.

"Come on, my agent is here," she said, indicating another woman who had arrived during the commotion and was making her way through the crowds.

"No way, I'm not going anywhere with you."
Writing Gooder

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:18 pm
Lucky_Duck says...

This looks so Fun!! I'm wondering, is it too late to join now??

--Lucky

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan