z

Young Writers Society

Power of the Soul

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:36 am
Fye says...

Yeah, I'm still here. I think it's better if someone continued on with the throne room scene. What's the prince wanting them to do?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:58 pm
piepiemann22 says...

(I got it.)

Kris listened well as Raiku spoke. As he did he couldn't believe what he was saying.

"There are six stones lost on the Baron plain we need to retrieve."

"What kind of stones?" Asked Asilan

"Elemental stones." Nathan choked on his ale. "Shocking I know."

"They still exist!?" Nate was on his feet now.

"Yes. If we can find them the gate way to heaven will reopen. But, if the Demons find them first they'll have the power to destroy us all."

"Are you sure?" asked Kris. "God eliminated anyone from using the stone ever again. No one can draw on the power without dieing."

"True, but who's leading the enemy?"

Kris looked down, "Zorum."

"The last elemental user. If we find the stones we'll have nothing to fear. Will any of you take the job?"
I will always fight back, no matter what.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:07 am
Maybe says...

*Hey, sorry, i was gone for the weekend. I cant post now, but i'll take the job! lol i'll post tomorrow night, but if anyone wants to include my character as a person who is going, it would be greatly appreciated!*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 pm
Layleun says...

Legend raised her staff, "Aye, I'm in."

The prince smiled, "Good. You, I've heard, are good at identifying and controlling the elements, am I correct?"

Legend shook her head, "Not controlling, exactly. I just know how to manipulate their powers, water especially."

Prince nodded, "Good. You shall be the elemental guide and protector."

Legend grinned, Awk would like this.

((I'll give info on Awk when we set out.))

116 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:30 am
Maybe says...

Nathan sighed and shook his head. "Madness...it's all madness..." he muttered under his breath.

"I'm in, but on one condition." he announced. Raiku glanced at him.

"What is it you want?"

"You know full well what i want." Nathan replied.

The prince considered for a moment. Finally he said, "We'll see."

Nathan shook his head. "No. It's a yes or a no. If i get what i want, i'll go. If not, then no." he cast a dark glance at the rest of the group standing behind him. "And by the looks of this lot, they're going to need all the help they can get."

Raiku scowled. "How do i know you wont betray me, Nathan?"

"I give you my word, if you give me what i want i will not betray you."

The prince snorted. "Fine, but...you help them and return the elemental stones, then i will grant your request. But only upon your return."

"And how do i know YOU wont betray ME?" Nathan parried.

The prince smiled. "I give you my word."

"Done."

*Ps: Nathan is trying to get his freedom. He's being held 'hostage' by the prince, in a way. Just to let ya know. More will be revealed later on*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm
Knurla says...

(Sorry guys, my internet's been down a few days, but I just got it back, so I'll be jumping back is as soon as....well, I can find a way in.)

185 Reviews

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:54 am
piepiemann22 says...

Kris sighed, Nathan was always like that, "I'm in, but..."

"Don't do it Kris, you know what will happen don't you?"

Kris looked down, "I do, but, but I've been waiting for this chance, I'm stronger now. I can beat him now!"

"If so, you should be able to beat me." Raiku disappeared and reappeared behind Kris. He back handed him sending him flying.

(Anyone want to stop it, or should I show you what a soul blade wielder can really do.)

116 Reviews

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:52 am
Maybe says...

I would stop it but now you've got me curious. Show us! ^.^

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:14 am
Fye says...

The discovered angel did not sit down with the priestess. She only watched her with her eyes closed...wanting to figure out by herself what she was doing.

"You're sensing something."

There was no reply.

Fye quickly became bored. Whatever Lady Michelle was sensing, she could feel it too, and she didn't need to sit and meditate to do that.

Michelle Valle opened her eyes, surprised to suddenly see Fye sitting by her side, fiddling with her bow, inspecting the ornate patterns upon the wood. No one had surprised her so often before. This was the first time she would be questioning the strength of her spiritual power.

"Oh! The prince is acting up again. This time on Kris. He saved you and brought you here. Probably you should go there and give him your thanks," Fye seemed to be almost happy with her grin.

"I'll bring you there," she continued, "but as always I won't show my face. I don't want them to know me."

"Why?" Michelle asked as they strode down the hallways.

"I'd rather know them first," again Fye seemed happy. Michelle could only wonder what was behind that smile.

84 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:54 am
Knurla says...

After a confused look at Fye, she turned her attention back to the hallway they were walking. This little angel child seemed to have quite the mischievous side, but also a curious one. She wondered how this little soul had died? She would dwell on the matter, for it was not her business, and might offend the poor lass.

"Shall you wait in the hallway while I speak with the others?" She asked Fye, concern in her voice. She was worried about leaving her by herself, although it seemed she had a good sense of the place. Michelle couldn't help but feel like a mother to her.

"I dunno, we'll just have to see." The girl giggled at her own remark. They came to the end of the long hallway to a large black door. Michelle didn't wait for Fye to say anything; She just stepped inside. The whole room went quiet for moment, until they realized who she was.

185 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:02 pm
piepiemann22 says...

(First, Raiku's Profile)

Name- Raiku

Race- Atlantian

Appearance- http://naienchan.deviantart.com/art/Amaryllis-7485813

Soul Blade- www.cbswords.com/images/UC1459.jpg

Personality- Serious. He pictures himself above everyone else as he is the Prince. He wont tolerate disobedience. He also loves to show off his power.

185 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:39 am
piepiemann22 says...

Kris stood there motionless. he felt as if he would be struck down at any moment. "So, what happens now?"

"Your move old friend."

Kris leaped away from Raiku and drew his white katana. Slowly Raiku did the same. Kris charged for Raiku with a fury of attacks. Each and everyone was parried with ease.

"Come on, you can do better." Raiku low kicked Kris in the side of the leg causing to fall no one knee. then he fallowed up with another kick hitting him in the face sending him across the room.

With a quick flip Kris regained his composure, but took a second to stand back up, "Are you trying to kill me?" Kris was shocked. He could do better, but that would mean everything he had. He could kill him if he wasn't careful.

"Yes I am!"

Kris was stunned. Within that moment Raiku began to gather energy in his left hand. The power was coming from his sword. It grew until it covered his entire arm, "Die!" He released the power with it taking the for of a dragon. "Hells fury, Blazing Black Dragon!"

Kris jumped out of the way, but it turned and fallowed him. Quickly turning he brought his sword up. It began to glow. He brought it down into the flame "Soul Crusher, God's Hand!" The blade cut through the dark beast causing an eruption of power. "I won't die!" The dragon dissipated, blood lust in Kris' eyes.

"Good, you may make a fine warrior if you let go of your sympathy."

Kris flinched, the sword dulled, and his eyes returned to normal. Turning he said, "Michelle."

84 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:15 am
Knurla says...

She shifted her weight cautiously on her feet, hands in her sleeves as Kris spoke to her. She had witnessed the tail-end of what had just happened, and sensed the great shift in his power. She gazed at him with an impassive, gentle stare, a little confused with the situation.

"Am I interrupting?" She spoke after a moment, never tearing her gaze away from his. Raiku turned towards her abruptly.

"Yes, but stay." He had a mischievous tone to his greedy little voice. Kris suddenly looked uneasy as Raiku had said this. Michelle was ignorant to what had been said or done since she'd been there, but it did not bother her.

"Is that really necessary?" Kris asked him. He seemed to be defending her, looking out for her for some reason. What was going on?

185 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:23 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Kris fell to the ground exhausted. "You bastard."

"It worked right. i drew out everything you had." Raiku cave a wary smile. "Get him to the infirmary now!" Two guards came to take him away.

(I'm starting a DT)

84 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:47 am
Knurla says...

Michelle quickly took her place next to Kris, laying her hands upon his chest. Her spiritual powers were returning, and it was only fair that she returned the favor from earlier that evening. She replenished his energy slightly, for she had not much to give due to her weakened condition. Helping him up, the guards hastened their pace towards them.

"Go, now. It is not my place to step in. Would you like me to follow, or shall I stay here?" She asked Kris softly, glancing over at the prince mid-sentence.

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell