z

Young Writers Society

Who Done It?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:52 am
Kitty says...

>>I'm a little confused but I will try and follow<<

Missy was running out the door with the medical kit. "Hang in there buddy." Kit whispered to the lamb as Missy got closer. She took the medical kit and began tending to it's wounds.

Once she had cleaned them out and dressed them, she picked up the small lamb and headed towards the house.

"Don't you think that's weird?" Missy asked as we walked.

"What?" Kit asked.

"Well that wolf was pretty thin and you could see the hunger in it's eyes. Wolves don't normally attack like that." Missy said.

"I know." Kit sighed as she opened the front door. She layed the lamb on the ground and made a small bed in the corner. Kit lifted the lamb back up and put it on the muti-colored bed.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 am
RoryLegend says...

I thought about how nice it smelled in Colt's truck, i didn't see an air freshener either. He was really nice, no wonder he and Kara got along, they would have been cute together. I could even get a guy to call back after the first date. The longest relationship i ever had was three months long and i drove him away too. I brushed it off as comitment issues but deep down im starting to realise i might not even be capable of love.
Mom walked in the front door, a tissue in one hand. Her eyes revealed that she had been crying since it happened. She was talking on the phone to Jimmy.
"-so you will be down in two days then?"
jimmy's reply
"Alright, love you too baby, travel safe." She hung up and then turned to look at me, "Maxine." she said coldly blowing her nose.
"Hey mama." i stood up, not sure if we were going to hug or not. we stood there for a long minute until she broke down, "Oh baby i missed you so much." She pulled me into a hug, "I can't believe she is gone."
"I know mama i know." i patted her on the back.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:20 am
RoryLegend says...

Max-

I didn't know if this meant everything was okay now, or if it was okay just for now. I sat on the couch and mama filled me in on all of the funeral preporations.
"Have they figured out who did it mama?"
"They think they might have some suspects but other than that no." I felt like throwing up again, "who would want to kill Kara, Max?"
"I don't know."
"I mean everyone loved her, and Diane too."
Mama cried for about a half hour and i sat with her on the couch. I wasn't sure if I had a place to stay tonight, Aunt Nel was still throwing me dirty looks. But i was sure, if i couldn't stay here, i wouldn't mind staying at Shaun's and seeing Colt again. WHAT AM I DOING! i thought to myself. My sister is dead and all I can think about is her cute best friend! How low can one person get.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:38 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt stopped back at Shaun's house and picked up his stuff. He said goodbye to Shaun and then headed towards the cabin in the hills. His phone vibrated and he picked it up.

"Ya?" he answered, it was Shaun.

"Could you possibly pick up Max and take her with you. Her mom just called and said it might be a good idea to take her with you. Her Aunt isn't bein all to friendly so she wants to keep tensions low." Shaun said quietly.

"Alright, I'll go get her, but no more after that, if I'm goin on vacation I'm goin on vacation." Colt said turning the truck around.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:49 am
RoryLegend says...

"Mama, i don't want to leave you."
"Pish, you go with that nice boy COlt up to the mountains. Get settled in, I don't want Aunt Nel starting anything, you know her heart ain't good anymore, the last hting we need is for her to have a heart attack. Come on now Colt'll be here any minute."
"ANd you are sure about this."
"More sure than a rooster that crows in the morning." i couldn't help smiling at that one. A couple minutes later Colt pulled up in his truck. I silently got in, his face was expressionless.

-Benjamin Mee

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:51 am
Kitty says...

As soon as Kit had sat down, her cell rang. She got back up and ran over to it. "Hello?" She asked.

"Hey Kit. My farmhand is on his way. He has Maxine Whitney with him." Uncle Shaun said.

"Okay. I will talk to you later. Another wolf attacked the sheep and badly injured a baby." She told him.

"OK well bye then." He said and hung up the phone. Kit hung up the phone and turned towards Missy who had a questioning look on her face.

"Shaun." Kit told her. Missy nodded as Kit sat.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:56 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt turned the truck back around after Max had loaded her stuff in the back again. He started the trip back up towards the cabin. It would be a good two hours before they got there and it was going to be a long two hours.

*sorry all I got*
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:04 am
RoryLegend says...

I wanted to start a conversation, the silence was begining to actually hurt my ears. But what do you talk about with someone who lives in a world you left behind. I argued with myself for a good five minutes before i decided on:
"Thanks for bringing me with you." i waited for a reply

-Benjamin Mee

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

"I was headed this way anyway." He replied, he didn't know what to say to her. Her voice was different from Kara's so maybe if he just didn't look at her he would forget again. Oh how hard he had tried to forget. He chewed on the inside of his lip as he turned onto the highway. "So where do you live now?"
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:20 am
RoryLegend says...

*aw our characters are conversing! lol sorry*
Max-

He asked me where i lived, easy enough question, "L.A. is where my apartment is, but when I'm called to work on location for a film i usually live wherever it is being filmed." My palms were starting to sweat i felt like i was in a job interview, i didnt want to say the wrong thing. I wanted to ask him about Kara but wasn't sure he would be able to handle those kind of questions. Another awkward silence.

-Benjamin Mee

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:24 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt nodded and passed a few semi's before leaving the small group of cars that were on the interstate. He gnawed on the inside of his lip and then turned the music on. Nothing good was on so he just turned it back off. He had cd's he could put in, but he didn't want to figure out what to and he didn't want to put in anything that she wouldn't like.

"Did you ever miss this place, like the veiws, anything?" He asked,
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:26 am
RoryLegend says...

Max

What did i miss, hmm besides the constant nagging of my mother to be more like Kara, the lectures from my father about horsees and ranching and god's green earth. "I guess i missed Shaun's house the most."

-Benjamin Mee

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:35 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt chuckled, "And how is that, Brittney is always around being.....well....Brittney." he laughed, he stopped short, he hadn't truely laughed sense he found out about Kara. He really needed to get ahold of himself. "Shaun's house isn't really anything to miss, now the ranch on the other hand. Course you said you weren't a fan of ranches so what ever suites you."
Want a Readers crit???

114 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:53 am
RoryLegend says...

Max-

"Brittany was always a brat, she tried to fit in with kara and me but.. somethings just aren't meant to be." his laugh was nice, i wish i had something to laugh about, "Shaun's place was always a nice escape when we were younger. We could just play and be kids instead of doing chores. And Shaun understood that i really was afraid of catching some weird desease form the horses instead of calling me lazy." I felt more relaxed at this point, like maybe the ride wouldn't be all that bad after all. And then i had to go and ruin it with my big mouth, "Kara told me about you once," i could suddenly remember a descrition left on my answering machine of a co worker on the ranch that was just too cute, she agreed he was cute. He was silent too now.

-Benjamin Mee

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt ran his fingers through his hair and then returned his hand to the steering wheel once again. Kara had told her mysterious sister about him. He started gnawing on his lip again, another stupid habit.

"What did she say?" he asked, he barely heard his voice he had spoken so softly.
Want a Readers crit???

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady