z

Young Writers Society

The city of Roku

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:17 am
SishBee says...

Tease never gave up.

As the demidrake flew off, she juped out of the tree and ran after him.

So that he wouldn't know she was following him, she would have to be quiet. She ran just far enough behind him so he wouldn't hear her or smell her. Demidrakes were well-known for being anti-social, but this one had just been plain rude.

Tease knew what it was like for him. She liked being alone too and she had decided they could be alone together.

Since she had found a way of getting off this planet, she had been searching for someone to go with her. She liked to be left alone, but to live out the rest of her life in complete solitude was not something she liked the idea of.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm
Stori says...

Miran was oblivious of the presence behind him. He flew on, dodging a crowd of Centaurs, Grypins and even a Pheonix.

Tease lost him for a moment. She called out, "Did anyone see a demidrake go by?"

Miran heard and sped up. That snake girl was persistent.

If there's one thing I hate more than wyverns, it's a nosy shapeshifter. He flew under a cart of exotic fruit. The vendor squawked indignantly.
"My apologies," he called over his left wing.

Tease was gaining. She sidestepped the fruit stand. "Why doesn't he just give up," she muttered.

Why indeed. I'm not being rude, just want to be alone! He swerved around a cursing Centaur and came to a dead end.

"Caught red-scaled," Tease said in his ear.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 pm
death5614 says...

"Who are you by the way?" Jamel asked the old man.

"I have an odd name, but you can just say im the man that'll be gettin ya'll off this 'rock', in other words, i am a Wizard of the Sien. We learn how to open riffs and worm holes." Replied the old man.

"So you can help us escape?" Asked the Naga.

"Yes, yes i can."

"Well what IS your name?" Asked Senna

"...Evil Olive" Sighed the old man.

"Ha ha ha, what kind of a name is that! Ha ha ha!" Chuckled Jamel.

"A kind of name u look up to if u want to survive, thats what!"
Im not as think as you dumb i am...

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:36 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna backed up, she didn't know about this. Anyone with that name had to have earned it. And that couldnt' be good.

"What will... it cost us for you to do that?" She asked in a shaking voice, to many people, to much going on, she really needed to get a life and not be so shy. She scratched Rouge's head in nervousness. He growled feeling her scaredness through her touch. She quieted him waiting for the reply.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

7 Reviews

Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:08 am
death5614 says...

Jamel stepped forwar. "Yea, what is it going to cost us to get off this planet?" He asked. "Or more importantly, how are we going to be leaving? Can we trust you?"

"Why must you all ask so many questions! All in good time my good fellows."

565 Reviews

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:18 pm
Stori says...

"Madam, let me go! I assure you, a demidrake's tail is indeed a sensitive area!" It was a lie, but he wanted Tease to let go.

"All right," she hissed.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

7 Reviews

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:52 pm
death5614 says...

"Wait where did that Demidrake go?" Asked Senna.

"Im not sure, i think he flew away." Said Jamel.

"Demidrake? There was a Demidrake here? Where did he go? Tell me now!" Said Evil Olive.

"And you said I asked too many questions!" Snapped Aro.

"Yes I did, because you do! But i have the right to ask questions!"

"Well that's no fair!" Said Senna. Everyone started arguing with Evil Olive, snapping back and forth. It all started getting louder and louder untill the ground started rumbling.

"What the hell was that?" Asked the Naga.

"Shit! We have to get out of here!" Yelled Jamel.

"I think i can help with this matter!" Replied Evil.

The old man stepped forward, taking out a bag of purple and white dust, pouring it into the shape of a pentagram on the ground. "Alla sko mishi" Chanted Evil as the dust arose like a king cobra ready to strike.

"What black-magics is this?" Said the Naga.

"Its the kind of magic that'll save ur ass!" Said Evil as the dust forms a circle and a portal appeared in its place. "Follow me, if you want to save your-" Smerked Evil as he walked in.

565 Reviews

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:58 pm
Stori says...

*rattles scales* Am i a talisman now? Why is eve. afraid of little Miran?
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:28 pm
SishBee says...

Tease stood in front of the demidrake blocking his escape.

"So, have you found a way to get off this rock yet?"

The demidrake shook his head.

"Oh. You do want to leave don't you?"

"Of course I do! Do you think I am stupid?" Miran figitted in the air around her head.

"Stay still!"

"Humans make me nervous."

"I am not a human! I am a Syther. I am really a snake who can turn into a human, thats all." He didn't seem comforted. "Would you be more comfortable if I was a snake?"

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

565 Reviews

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Stori says...

"Go away. I'm fed up to my tail with you. Beat it, whatever you are!"

She looked hurt. "Of course, you could just say, 'It's nice to meet you, now go away!'"

"GO AWAY!" The volume of Miran's shout, surprising for a creature his size, hurt Tease's ear.

"I'm going, but I'll be back. I never forget a scent." She grinned, showing fangs and and a forked tongue.

Unnerved, Miran gave a loud screech and few up over the alley wall.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

7 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:58 am
death5614 says...

"Well i guess we should trust him..." Said Senna. The ground started shaking again, more violently this time.

"Im thinking we have to..." Replied Jamel, stepping towards the portal. It was purples and white, much like the dust it gathered from. "I think its safe, i can see land on the other side of it!"

"Yea, it looks sturdy, even if an old hag made it" Smerked the Naga.

"Well, i guess we'll never find out untill we go in!" Replied Jamel, jumping into the portal, he quickly dissapeared without a trace...

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:22 am
TNCowgirl says...

Senna gulped and picked up Rouge. He whimpered, he was heavy but there was no way she was leaving him behind. She jumped into the portal her eyes closed tightly. She was shaking and she felt Rouge lick her cheek. She clutched him tightly and wouldn't open her eyes. She was scared, what if she was in teh middle of space. She waited to hear something, feel something anything, anything at all would be a great thing.

*sorry, got nothing. *
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:37 pm
Layleun says...

Nano stopped abruptly, a portal? A crackling could be heard back where there was arguing. She laughed, those fools couldn't have made a...

She turned just to see a familiar old man jump through the newly opened portal. Evil Olive. Nano's fur spiked up along the ridge of her spine, Evil Olive?! A growl ripped through her chest and erupted out her throat, "You back stabbing...!" She took off after Senna and her wolf who had been the last to jump through. She flew past the demidrake and his unkindly companion on the the portal, her way out. The portal shuddered as she flew, full force, into the different world.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:32 pm
Kyuubi says...

Wondering if I could join?

Name: Athens

Personality: Quiet, very intelligent, takes in a situation and acts accordingly.

Species: Human and something else but no one knows what.

Looks: Tall, pale skin, fangs that retract into his mouth. He has a scent that makes others trust him. He also has crystal blue eyes and an elven looking face.

Bio: Was raised in an apartment in Roku. His parents were a witch and a wizard that created portals. They died when a portal collapsed in on them. He spent most of the time after that drifting from place to place until he was in Roku again. He had carried something with him in his travels. But no one knows what.

Athens felt the hair on his arms stiffen under his leather jacket. A portal? That always happened when a portal opened nearby. He walked this way and that. He eventually found the portal. Recently opened. He took a step forward into the eerie light it cast. The portal groaned as it transported him to a different world. The first thing he heard was a dog barking and snarling in the distance.

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:07 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Everyone else is like 13-15, just letting you know,*

It was Rouge licking her face that led her to open her eyes. She looked around. There must've been something wrong with the portal, or maybe Jamel had walked off but no one was there. Rouge's ears flew up and he looked around sniffing the air. He started growling the hair raising on his back. SHe grabbed her knife and looked around. She scooted closer to Rouge as he turned to another direction and growled. It was like there was group of something. She shivered, maybe jumping into that protal wasn't such a great idea. I mean what did she know about this strange place anyway?

"What is it boy?" She asked fearfully. Then she saw them, several other dogs, not as big as Rouge but nasty looking. Rouge jumped at the first and they started fighting. Senna stabbed one when it tried jumping at her. She watched Rouge praying he would be ok. The rest of the pack took off in a run and Rouge let the one he was fighting up and it limped away. He ran back to her and licked her face again. The dogs had run off because of something else. Senna could feel someone else. SHe knew Rouge could too because he was tense, but for once he wasn't growling.
Want a Readers crit???

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate