z

Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:03 pm
piepiemann22 says...

(I think i should be brought as a prisoner.)
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*I agree, hope this works, and everyone thinks it is a good idea.*

Alana paced back and forth back at camp her hawk sitting on her shoulder.

'They'll kill him.' She said to the hawk,

'Head gave his word they wouldn't, they wont.'

'But what if they did when he was talkign to me. I let pa down.'

'You did the best you could no matter what happens.'

Alana watched as two strange Rouges walked in dragging an unconcious Tas. She walked over.

"WHat are you doing?" SHe demanded.

"Found him knocked out on the trail. He looked important so we brought him in." The first said.

"You, take care of him until Head gets back." The other barked at her. Alana would've snapped back that she wasn't his soilder if it was any other person. She still needed to protect him even more now. She nodded and with the help of the other man carried him down to the prisoniar tent.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:40 pm
greenjay says...

Good idea...but now I have to figure out what to do with him.

Mathias

I landed on the high rock just as the sun reached its zenith. Without hesitation I turned into my normal form and slid quickly down the steep embankment. I skid to a stop at the back of my tent and hurried around to the other side. There was a large gong suspended inbetween two stout poles, and I banged it loudly.

This was the meeting call, and soon everyone had assembled. I glanced over the large group and smiled darkly...this would be most interesting.

"Rogues! My people. From afar I have seen a large group of barbarians approaching our forest. They seem to be a warclan of three bands joined together (about 45-60 barbarians, each band being 15-20). They must be dealt with as soon as they enter the forest or they may stumble upon our camp. Our guards are good but not good enough to stop that large of a group."

I could see the dislike on some of their faces. Rogues prefered assassination to open warfare, disliking to expose themselves. I, on the other hand, though I too prefered assassination, was foremost a leader. I knew that our camp would soon be found by the men of Xnrom, and open war could not be avoided.

"Listen Rogues! You are an army, everyone of you well trained. Also we out number these barbarians immensely. We can sneak up on them, hiding in the bushes until they get near. It is simply assassination...but on a larger scale!" I said with a twinkle in my eyes, "So, Commander Huran and Commander Welk, bring eighty of the best and follow me!"

I walked into my tent and put on my large, spiked shoulder pads and my fieresome helmet. I strapped a large scimitar to my back and walked out to join the chosen Rogues who had already assembled. I walked out in front of the group and pulled a whistle out of my pocket. I blew in it. Suddenly a massive grey wolf came bounding out of the forest to me. I put the saddle on his back and mounted.

I motion to Alana to ride next to me and we started off through the forest.

Hey piepieman, you could escape (or at least try) during the battle if you want.
the greenjay strikes again...

185 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:48 pm
piepiemann22 says...

(Alright, hold on and let me think.)

185 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Tas awoke but did not open his eyes afraid of what he would see. His whole body hurt, but mostly just his head. Trying to pull himself together he felt something cool on his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes to see the girl from before. "You." He tried to stand up, but pain rushed through his body and he laid back down.

"Don't try to move." She was washing his face with a damp cloth.

Lifting his hand to his face he realized he was bound to the wall, "What the?" He pulled at it, but it didn't budge.

"So you can move your arms, but are kept locked in the room," said the girls wetting the cloth again.

The two sat in silence for a bit until Tas finally broke it, "Why did you try to worn me of danger if you are my enemy?"

"Because I owe you one for saving my life a few years back."

Tas thought for a second, "Alana, is that you?" She just looked at him before getting up to leave the cell. "Wait, where are you going?"

"The gong has been wrung."

"Hold on." But it was to late, she was gone.

194 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:44 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

My wolf growled and I patted its head comfortingly. He quieted down. I looked around to make sure no one was looking, and I took flight. I circled above the trees and could see the path winding its way through the plain and into the forest. I could not see my Rogues, but I knew they were there, lined up on either side of the trail, ready to pounce at my command.

Finally I caught sight of the barbarians. They were approaching fast. I spirled downward, alighting on a branch right above the path. All was ready!

The barbarians came into view. Their hide armor blended well with the trees, but their axes would be a hinderance in the dense forest. They came even closer and at the last minute I dove off the branch, turning into a human as soon as my talons left the bark.

I landed on the path in front of them with my fist-axes in place and smiled in my unfriendly, dark way.

"Welcome to my forest boys!"

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:00 pm
Layleun says...

Tobias sat atop the camp's gate along with Quin. They had been set as sentries in case anyone had got through the lines. Quin fingered the hilt of the new sword she had been given. The blade was made out of diamond and the hilt, steel. Tobias played with the string of his new bow and glanced at the arrows beside him. He thought a moment, picked up an arrow and strung it.

When they opened their presents earlier they were from Tobias's parents. They always got gifts from his rich parents. Since Quin was an orphan, Mr. and Mrs. Ashwood practically adopted her.

Ina scrambled up the wall and sat beside Quin, paws tucked under her and tail wrapped around her.

"Nothing that I can sense, although I did pass up a tasty mouse to look for you."

Quin gave her a sympathetic look and scratched her ears, "Thank you. If you want you can go back to the tent you can eat some of your fish you bought earlier."

Ina looked thoughtfully off into the distance, "I think I might do that."

Quin smiled at her friend, "Tucker can take care of patrol. Please tell Whitelight and Ayri to stay alert for intruders."

Ina nodded, jumped down to the ground gracefully, and trotted away.

Tobias watched Ina go. He put her loaded Bow down next to him. He took off his leather glove with his teeth and also put it aside. He brought his hand to his mouth and gave a shrill whistle and a low whistle. He took his other glove off, retrieved the one he set down, and put them in his tunic.

"Do you think someone'll be stupid enough to try and get through?"

Quin laughed, "Yeah, stupid barbarians. Might as well just call them Neanderthals. They use crude weapons, they charge without thinking, and they don't have any familiars. I'm glad I'm a rogue."

Tobias grinned, "According to what you just said, I don't think you're a Rogue."

Quin looked confused for a minute, then she got it. She sniffed and looked off, "Shut up and listen for a horn. Head'll have someone call if someone breaks through."

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana waited until she heard the Head tell them to attack. The group of men that were with her quickly shot into the group of barbarians. They took out the gront line of the ones that were closest to her. The Rouge that was in charge of her group was hit down, he wasn't dead but hurt really bad. Alana ran over to him and picked him up pulling him away from the barbarians.

"You two, get up in those trees and shot down on their heads, they only have ax's and such you'll have a better chance up there. Three of you go behind them and shot them from behind." She yelled at a group of men that were close to her. They nodded and took off. "The rest of you take down as many as you can, get in the trees whatever it takes to get them down." She quickly tried to bandage the rouge up as a man stood behind her watching her back and making sure no one attacked her.
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:53 am
greenjay says...

The barbarians looked at me wide eyed, fearful, and wondering from whence I came. I did not alot them the time to ponder, but instead stepped forward, slitting the nearest man's neck. He fell to the dirt, choking on his own blood. Suddenly the Rogues attacked, and all went to chaos.

A barbarian next to me began to draw his axe, but I slammed him backwards with my shoulder. Almost simultaneously I cut at him with my left hand axe, the same side with which I rammed him. The slash ripped across his chest, but he still raised his axe. I stepped forward, shoving my left axe beneth his blade, stopping his movement. My right blade cut open his face and he screamed. I wished no suffering upon him, and I relieved him of it as the tip of my axe sliced through his exposed throat.

I turned as the body fell next to me, just in time to throw up my left hand. The axe smashed into my metal-plated bracer, jarring my arm. In one smooth movement I drew my sword and ripped a deep gash from the barbarian's left shoulder to his right hip.

I looked over the scene and saw the numbers of the barbarians greatly dwindled. Here and there a Rogue would pop out of hiding, make his kill and retreat back to safety.

Three of the brutes took notice of me and came at me, seeing me exposed. I charged toward the nearest, diverting his blow to the right, ducking to the left, making a wild slash at his chest. I stepped past him and faced the other two. They both raised their weapons to fight, but I ducked into a small bush next to me, whistling for my wolf. I morphed quickly and rushed out, beating my wings furiously. I sped past them as their axes ripped through the bush and went into the open air, free.

The wolf leaped through the bush, knocking them both over, ripping them apart with his sharp teath.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana quickly bandaged the Rouge then pulled him up into one of the trees. She looked down and saw two barbarians attacking the man that had been gaurding her. She jumped down on one of their shoulders and slit his throat. She grabbed his axe and slammed it over his head then swung the other one around hitting another barbarian that was behind her.

"These axe's are heavy." She said to the man behind her. He just grunted and killed the barbarian in front of him. The two ran to the closest tree and quickly and silently slew several barbarians.

"We've got another Rouge down." A man yelled at her,

"What am I a healer?" She wispered to herself as she ran to help. She quickly bandaged the man up best she could and was about to get him into a tree when an axe hurddled next to her. She jumped away and saw a barbarian grab his axe and raise it to hit her again. "Snap," She rolled away again pulling the hurt man with her as the axe barely missed them again.

*sorry it is short*
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I came out of the sky and landed right behind the barbarian, renching the axe out of his grip. The barbarian stood facing Alana, and all see saw was the tip of my sword come out of his chest. He toppled forward.

I spun around and blew on my little whistle. The big wolf came and I jumped onto its back.

"All of you, come with me," I said, looking specifically at Alana.

I rode out of the trees and out onto the path. There was a small group of barbarians left, fighting madly with their illusive enemies. They looked fearfully up at me and my wolf, and the Rogues took the chance, charging at the distracted barbarian's backs. I raised my sword and railied the rest of the Rogues to me. The wolf began to run.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:39 am
View Likes
Knurla says...

Name: Jade Greyfang

Team/position: Native

Weapons: stone daggers, stone throwing stars she carved herself.

Clothing: A dark purple-ish brown half-sleeve shirt, with matching shorts.
She wears calf, forearm, wrist, and ankle guards over her shoes. Her wrist guards bear her tribe's symbol.
ImageImage

Powers: can mutate into a normal sized tan wolf.

Steed/Pet: wildcat

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:04 am
Knurla says...

The sweet smell of blood was thick on the forest winds as Jade darted through the trees. Barbarians; She knew that disgusting scent anywhere. Her lean wolf body made it's way around broken limbs, stumps, and even body parts. How fun.

Upon reaching the edge of the forest, she had come upon the last of the barbarians, and they were under attack by a small band of Rouges. Tempting.

In a blur, she shot out of the underbrush and knocked down one of the creatures, tearing her teeth into the side of his neck. With one quick snatch, she ripped a large chunk of flesh, probably the jugular.

Working her way from beast to beast, she got lost in the fun she was having, and forgot about the Rogues. After chewing off the sixth barbarian's face, she spat out his fleshy remnants, and sat on her hind legs to watch the Rogues finish them off.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:35 pm
Layleun says...

Quin swung her legs back and forth along the wall.

"I'm bored. Is it really necessary to stay here while there's a battle going on over there?"

Tobias grunted, "Yes, unfortunately. I wanted part of the glory."

Quin shifted restlessly in her chain mail. It was heavy and it was hard to keep balance while sitting still. Suddenly a high pitched chattering erupted from the brush along side the road. Tobias swiftly took up his bow and aimed. Tucker sped out of the brush and up the wall, behind him lumbered a muscled Barbarian attempting to silence the squirrel. Tobias let his arrow fly. It hit the metal breast plate, denting it. The man looked up and bared his teeth. Quin jumped down, with no grace what so ever, and held her new sword up. The man chuckled, "Da you 'onestly think dat thing'll..."

He was cut short by another one of Tobias's arrows. Quin sighed, she didn't want to know what one of the mans strikes would do to her face. Her hand went to her cheek as a horn bellowed the heads return. And uproar of cheers followed the horn. Tobias cheered along with his comrades.

The first to appear was the Head, sitting proudly but tiredly on his wolf. The rest followed with scratches and bruises. Quin ducked her head as their leader stopped at the door.

Tobias shouted down to Quin, "I'm gonna need your help to open the gates."

Quin swiveled her head between Tobias and the Head. Head nodded and Quin climbed to the top of the wall and lowered herself down. She and Tobias took the pulley ropes and opened the gates. A wave of cheering Rouges followed. The last in was Sirius. He grinned and walked towards Quin and Tobias.

"Man, Toby, you missed all the fighting. I saw the body out there. Did you have Tucker take him out?" A sly grin crept over his face as he started going into detail. Tobias rolled his eyes. Quin smiled at the two, "Let's go with the rest and see what Head has to say." she paused, "And who knew a mail boy could fight so good?"

Sirius smiled at this and took off running towards the mess tent, "I'll get a good spot for us!"

Quin chuckled, "Should we follow?"

Tobias nodded, "Yeah but do we have to sit next to Sirius? The kid bugs me sometimes."

Quin laughed, "Yes, Toby, we do."

194 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:22 pm
greenjay says...

Hi Amber! Thanks for joining.

Mathias

The cool darkness of my tent enveloped me and I pulled the heavy helmet off my head. I whipped the sweet off of my face with my sleeve. The fight had been tiring as always, but not exceptionally bad. They had lost a few Rogues but not that many...after all they had had the drop on their enemies.

I put the mask back over my face and I left my tent by a small back flap, carrying a sack. I scrambled up the side of the rock. When I reached the top I chucked the horrible smelling bag as far as I could. I always took the enemy leader's head, a tradition that had taught many of my enemies to fear me. I also always dispatched of it as soon as I could, for there was nothing that pleased me about a dead enemy's head...besides the fact that he was dead.

I turned and made my way down to the mess tent. I never ate with the men, seeing as I always wore a mask that revealed nothing but my eyes, but I descided it might be good to at least sit with them after the battle they had so valiently fought.

I entered and many of the Rogues looked up at me surprised to see me there. I found an open spot and sat down there. The two Rogues across from me had been talking, but hushed as I sat down.

"What are your names?" I asked, making my voice as friendly as I could make it.

"Quin and Tobias," they answered hesitently, not sure what I wanted.

"Ah, you were the two at the gate! Did you see any action?"

"He got one who slipped through," said the girl, pointing at her companion.

I got up and nodded at the two. "Good job."

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues