Young Writers Society

The Opression

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:48 am
Nutty says...

Flin turned to Galina.
"You must let me come! I'm a fair fighter, and I'll help 'raise funds...' for a cut of the loot, of course."
Flin gave Galina his cheekiest grin.
"Besides, I'm the only one here who can get anywhere. I know, elves are fair good stalkers, but you're a tad... conspicuous." Flin indicated the elf's slim figure and distinctive ears and jawline.
"Halflings like I, on the other hand, are only too often taken as 'servants.'"
Flin screwed his face up in disgust.
"More like slaves... But anyway. I could act as a scout, or spy. Plus, bring back some goods. Oh. I do believe this is yours?"
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:58 am
Rasi says...

" Errol we must, start off as soon as possible. The more we delay the worse our situation grows. " She turned to Flin " Flin, Im sorry but I think that a halfling may only get in the way of this 'expedition'."
looks back at Errol " What is your opinion, bring him or leave him?"
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:30 pm
Jules the jester says...

Beare walked over the rise of the hill. He regretted the night before. After meeting some light cavalry at a roadside inn and after hearing the news that the Elves were being pushed back at Hemming River he had bought the men some beers and joined in himself.

Below him he could see the city sprawling for miles in the valley. he continued on and after half an hour further walkling he came to a small iron gate. A guard wearing black armour stood there. A halbred held firmly in his hand. As beare approached he snapped to attention and threw a salute. Walking past Beare entered the city and began with confidence towards the palace.

Upon reaching it he walked through big double doors and met a small secretary who bowed. "Lord Beare. The master awaits you in his office." Beare nodded and followed the man. they travelled up several sets of stairs and entered a Large wide office.

In which sat a man with no eyes.

280 Reviews

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:35 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

"Oy, Flin, get your dirty little behind over here." came a new voice.

Galina, Errol and Flin looked around. Elain was approaching, looking livid.

"Oh, heavens," murmured Flin, backing away.

Elain, for all her diminutiveness when compared to other Elves, towered over Flin.

"G'day, Elain, dear friend! What can I do for you?" asked Flin, putting on his best impression of his usual cheeky grin.

Elain grimaced, took a hold of Flin's shoulders, turned him easily upside down and began to shake him. Several wares fell out of assorted pockets, ill-attained coins, a necklace of quartz, Pinkle's spade.

Galina almost felt like punching this Elf out of the way for treating another like that, but something in Elain's eyes kept her wary.

At the end of Flin's shakedown, Elain righted him, set him on the ground, picked up Pinkle's spade and said, with a satisfied grin,
"Thank you, Flin. Next time you attempt to steal my flute, this will be a much more unpleasant experience." Elain pocketed the spade and prepared to leave.

"Now hold on!" exploded Galina. "You can't just shake down Flin and then leave! Who are you, anyway?"

Errol tried not to roll his eyes.

"Galina, this is Elain, one of the best warriors and huntresses we have. Elain, this is Lady Galina, and I would appreciate it if you didn't put on such a violent show in front of her." Elain raised one eyebrow skeptically.

"Even if you're going to battle? Shouldn't you get used to these kinds of things?"

"How did you know about that?" asked Galina.

"It's all in my right to know, as I've been assigned to your cell. Please excuse me while I go return this to a friend." she turned her glare on Flin, who had scooped up all the items and was attempting to look normal. "And Flin, if I catch you again..." she left that ominous threat dangle, and vanished.

"What a horribly unfeeling person!" exploded Galina.

"War doesn't ask us to be feeling, Galina." grunted Errol. "She's top notch. If she were friendly, that would be having the cake and eating it, too."
ohmeohmy

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:29 pm
Rasi says...

Turning on Ellor " That gives us no right to be unfeeling in life, only war. When you find me again, I will be ready for our venture. " She turned and disappeared into the forrest, leaving no trace of were she was headed.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:02 pm
Jules the jester says...

Beare sat in the seat opposite the blind man.
"Welcome my young friend." The man stood and moved towards a drinks cabinet. "A drink perhaps?" Beare nodded not saying or making a sound. And for some extrodianry reason the blind man poured two glasses of black liquid.
"Beare you are nought but a animal and a murderer to boot." Beare's face didnt change. "And i need those skills."

Beare took the drink offered and threw it back in one gulp. "What do you need?"
"All ready i have reports that a new force is heading towards Hemming bridge. all elves. I want you to take five of my best men and kill teh general in charge."
"Easy. send me the specifics and i shall take care of it." Standing he left the room.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:14 pm
Goldenheart says...

Elain stepped out of the trees, and stood near the border of flowers where Pinkle had been working last. A small spray of delicate flowers had been tucked into the earth, but Pinkle was nowhere to be seen. His tools lay undisturbed in their satchel, and the place was unusually silent. Elain tossed the spade into the bag and began to cast quicker glances here and there. Finally...
"Halloo? Halloo!? Anybody here? Harkey, it's dark in here! Somebody want to come over here and give me a hand? Oh piffle. I don't think anybody's here... What a luverly mess I've got meself into..."
"Pinkle?"
"Elain! Oh, bless you! Did you get your flute?"
"Where are you?"
"Take a couple of steps to the left and look into the well, there's a good girl."
"-Oh."
"Yes. Would you be a dear and pull me out?"
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:48 pm
Rasi says...

Galina laughed at her plan, no one truly knew her very well in her 'village'. Of course they knew she was of royal blood, but whose... They assumed it was 'The Kings'. " The king" she said to herself, mockery flowing in her voice. She was headed to a 'friends' whom she needed to talk to before she could leave on this expedition for the king.... " I cant believe they sent Ellor to find me.... of all people. Well anyhow, lets see here" she whistled and a hawk came flying towards her. She gave the bird two mesages, one for her friend, and one for Ellor. The bird flew away to deliver them.

((OOC -- My friend is a new character who will soon be introduced... she will be played by Dark Lordess.. sorry shes entering so late.... :) ))

280 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:25 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Elain looked into the well to find Pinkle waving up at her.

"Don't tell me it's Flin again. I just finished shaking the imbecile." she extracted a strong cord of rope from inside her robes and let a length go down.

"No, I just fell down!" squeaked Pinkle. "I have the rope!"
Elain, with a few strong pulls, heaved the sopping-wet Pinkle out.

"Bless you! You're always getting me out of trouble."

Elain nodded as she re-wound the rope.

"In future, though, for your own sake, do try to be more careful."

"Aye, I will! Hmm," Pinkle examined his wet clothing. "I think I shall walk around and water the beds for now." he chuckled.
Elain was heading towards the edge of the clearing.
"G'bye, Elain! Thank you!"

"Until some other time, then." she was gone.
ohmeohmy

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:25 am
Dark Lordess says...

Seyla

Race - Unknown

Little is known about her. She avoids most people. She has black hair and dark eyes that hide a mysterious past. She's proud and sometimes arrogant. Her green tunic and bare feet allow her to roam undetected through the woods she calls her home. Her specialty is throwing knives but she is also skilled with a sword. She has one weakness... money.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

48 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:09 am
Dark Lordess says...

Seyla slid her fingers along the knife's smooth handle. Years of use had worn away the once elegant designs. Which is probably a good thing, she thought, considering who's emblem it once bore. She had never missed with her knife; it was much more dependable than the people who had given it to her.

A sudden flurry of wings startled her from her thoughts. She crouched in the shadows, watching the hawk. Of all people, she might know best what animals could be trained to do...

Seyla froze. She recognized that hawk. It was Galina's. Holding out her arm, she clicked her tongue at him. He swooped down and landed lightly on her wrist. There was a message tied to his foot.

"I'm on my way."

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:30 am
Rasi says...

From somewhere in the forest came a voice, " Seyla, we both know they were not dependable. We knew it all along, of course it was us who decided to trust them." Galina kept moving to keep her position undetected by Seyla. "Seyla my friend, please help me confirm we are on the same side in this war, for I must lead an army and wish you to help me.?" She came out into the open, still hidden in the shadows. She dropped her cloak and kneeled at Seylas feet.

48 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:22 am
Dark Lordess says...

Seyla looked down at the figure huddled at her feet. The woods waited in deathly silence, as if it was holding its breath, watching. "So that's why you've come back. You need my help again." Galina remained silent.

"You know I have no love for your people, but neither do i care for the Dashuben."

"I know but-"

"And you know that I still serve them?"

"Yes and that's why-"

"Why you want me to do the same thing I did for you last time." Seyla finished for her. Galina looked up hopefully.

Seyla sighed, "I won't do it for you, but I have my own reasons..."

280 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:56 am
Nutty says...

Flin stared after Eliane, his good humor somewhat rumpled.
"Cant take a joke, that one."
Flin turned around to see that the other two where heading away.
"Oi! what about me?"
Neither of them took any notice, and with many curses Flin ran after the departing gryphon.
"I'll come. You see if I don't."
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

280 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:36 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Are we going to have a set of rules or something that says that one can't post until the rest of the people have? Because there's no particular order here....

A far-away sound reached Seyla's ears. She hastily pulled her dagger out and whirled to face it.

"It sounds like...a flute." said Galina, staring around.

The melody was incredibly sad, and told a story without words as it progressed.

Seyla, for a unapparent reason, started going towards it, making a little more then a little noise in her haste to find the source. Galina, after wondering what to do, started after her. After a very few seconds of hurried traveling, Galina stood on a bough next to Seyla, who was looking down at... Elain! Galina could have fallen over in surprise.

Elain the unfeeling...playing such a sad and beautiful song?

In the middle of a complex part, she opened her eyes and looked right at them, a challenging gleam in her eyes. Seyla panicked and threw her knife, aiming for between Elain's eyes.

Elain caught it, holding onto the blade with two fingers. She stood up, and vanished, taking flute and knife with her.

"That...that GIRL has my knife!" raged Seyla, looking around for where Elain might have headed.

"Seyla, that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen anybody do..." sighed Galina, slumping against the tree.
ohmeohmy

We're all stories in the end.
— 11th Doctor