I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:25 pm
blackwings_angel says...

I meant misspriss
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:31 pm
misspriss says...

Haha! Yeah right. Just try it buckaroo!

*rolls up sleeves to reveail masculine arms*

38 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:49 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Anyways.......
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:59 pm
misspriss says...

Oh, just in case your wondering...that was Ruben rolling up his sleeves, not me. :oops:

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:25 am
Kinsley says...

Anyone care to add anything to the story? :wink:
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:41 am
misspriss says...

Umm...I'm trying to get around to it...but I'm pretty much stuck. Augh. I'll see if I can get some creative juices flowing.

Random avatar

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 am
misspriss says...

(Yay me. I posted!)

Ruben watched the sleeping forms carefully. The two girls were slumbering lightly close to the fire, while Baer was sleeping next to them, just a few feet away.

He needed to get the girls quickly, but he decided to wait. He had the sneaking suspicion that Baer was sleeping with one eye open, he rubbed his throat painfully. He wouldn't want to repeat history, and next time Baer wouldn't be so lenient.

There won't be a next time, he reminded himself. I'll be ready next time.

However, not wanting to take his chances, he retreated to his own small camp, which was slyly camouflaged by thick pine tree's.

Tired and sore, he lay down on his blanket, one hand resting on his sword.

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:29 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Baer flew up, gasping for breath. He had the worst dream. He dreamed that Ruben had stolen the girls over might and..... The rest was too unbearable. He slowly walked towards the stream, to wash the sweat off of himself. He shed his clothes, lowering himself into the cold water. After rubbing himself clean, he emerged, and rubbed himself down with his cloak. As soon as he took the girls to the nearest village, he would buy himself a backpack, along with a towel. Suddenly, a twig snapped behind him. Out emerged Alpheus, one of his long lost companions.
"Alpheus Winterborn?! How, I-"
Aplheus chuckled, "Not all of us caught that disease, I mena look at you. Your still kicking. I need you to do me a favor."

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:38 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering I'm now going to be doing 2 characters, Alpheus, and Baer.

Here's Alpheus description

Name: Alpheus Winterborn

hair: jet black, thick and curly

eyes: Emerald green

Personailty: A theif. Sly and clever, shows almost no emotion, and is full of secrets and suprises.

I'll post a picture of him as soon as I can find one

22 Reviews

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:54 am
Kinsley says...

"Do you have a certain favor in mind?" Elysia heard Baer ask. Alpheus put a finger to his lips.

"Shh. I hear breathing. Someone is watching us." Elysia snapped her mouth shut and tried to hold her breath. When she could no longer stand it she blew it out with a long whoosh. One of the men stepped forward and pulled back the bushes to reveal Elysia's hiding spot.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

38 Reviews

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:46 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Alpheus stood with the shrubbery in hand. Baer should of known she would of followed him. "Hello." Alpheus said politely, almost putting the fact that she was eaves dropping aside. "Baer and I were having a private conversation. So if you don't mind," He fillped his hair over towards their camp. "You can leave." She walked away, or at leats into the brush. With a broad smile Alpheus lifted his hand, one o fthe girls bracelet in it. How he loved being a theif! "What was that favoring you wanted ask me?" Baer asked Alpheus. Alpheus plucked an apple from a nearby tree. "Last time I remember, you were of noble blood, correct?" Alpheus said polishing the apple upon his sleeve.
"Alpheus, I've told you before, my father thinks I'm dead. Anyways, if you are trouble wth the authorities, i can't get you out of a situation like that." Baer said, walking over and grabbing an apple for himself.
"I am not the one in trouble. It is your father who is in trouble."Alpheus said. Taking a large bite out of his apple.
"How do you know my father, you've been a theif as long as I've known you."
"Yes but you haven't known me forever. When you ran away, your father sent me, his loyal squire, to be your bodygaurd. I would of made a wonderful knight. But your father knew you wouldn't trust an adult. SO he sent me, a boy your age, to follow you. I have been telling him of your whereabouts and actions through letters by pidgeons. Your father has wanted me to keep you safe for a very long time. Now the table has turned. Your father has been kidnapped by the easterlings. They have sent the ransom to you expecting 20,00 shillings, Otherwise, they will kill him and there will be no one to take his place upon the throne. We have 2 months."

Random avatar

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:51 am
misspriss says...

Ruben reread the letter, stunned. He had just risen from his sleep, when a grey eagle had swooped down and landed on his shoulder, with a small, folded piece of parchment attached to it's leg by a scarlet thread.

News from headquarters. He hurriedly removed it from the eagle and it flew away. He hurriedly scanned it, it was from one of the easterlings he had traveled with, Shrap.

It read like this,

Ruben. Evonil Shmain has been kidnapped. You mentioned him briefly while I traveled with you, and I assume he is a friend of yours. There is a ransom of twenty-thousand schillings. Better not be attached, the man might only have two more months to live. Do not reply to this note, it could cause some trouble for both me and you.

Ruben noticed Shrap hadn't signed at the bottom, though he could tell it was Shrap's handwriting. Then he realized it was probably safer, just in case this note was intercepted. Tucking it into his pocket, he ran his fingers through his unruly black hair. The girls would have to wait. He had to do something to help his father.

Even when Ruben and Baer had gone different ways, Ruben had always thought kindly of his father, and now that he had been captured, well, he knew what types of torture and "persuasion" they would use on him. And he didn't want that fate for him. He himself had been put through a little bit of it himself, he remembered, shuddering.

38 Reviews

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:49 pm
blackwings_angel says...

"What about Rube-" Baer cut himself off. Alpheus didn't know about Ruben, or at least not to Baer's knowledge.
"What did you just say?" Alpheus said, eyeing him precautiously.
"Nothing. Nothing. I need to get back to the girls, they probably think you are a murderer who has killed me already. Let's head back." Baer said, leading the way. At the camp Elysia was sitting next to her sister. They had been in conversation for a while by the sounds of things. "Elysia we need to talk." Baer said, "Privately." He grabbed her arm and continued walking, pulling her from her seat. "Our new aquaintance is Alpheus. Don't trust him with any of your belongings, he has quite a reputation. We need to quicken our pace. I have some important business to get to as soon as you to are safe."

22 Reviews

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 am
Kinsley says...

Okay, hold up. I assuming I forgot something here. To my understanding Baer and Ruben are brothers? I think that's what it said. Well anyways...

Elysia put a hand on Baer's shoulder.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Oh, uh, yes, everything is fine. But we need to get to the villiage. So if you don't mind..." Elysia hurriedly packed their belongings and woke her sister. She placed Miya on her back and followed Baer and Alpheus. Instead of their usual stories from Miya, there was only silence to accompany them on their long journey.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart