z

Young Writers Society

Pajama Party

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:30 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Hello, Thytes!" Damascus interjected with a smile. "My name is Damascus- nice to meet you." He offered a hand to the lion.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:02 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

The lion shook his head. "Ah, apologies. That name sounded too on the nose, but I thought it would be at least worth asking." Thytes then shifted to shake Damascus's hand. "Hello! Your outfit is rather distinctive - what is it?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

9 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:11 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Oh." Damascus looked down at himself, now having a chance to study the sleepwear. "Some sort of old-fashioned undergarment, I'm sure." He waved his hand dismissively.

"I'm not sure exactly how I ended up wearing this, but it's not terribly concerning."

299 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:11 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I suppose it would make sense if our outfits are somewhat random?" Thytes said. He looked down at his boxers. "These silly things, for instance. Am I right about that, Pom?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Personification of Magic perked up the moment they heard someone finally include them in the conversation, only for their mood to be dampened just a bit by hearing which name Thytes decided to use when addressing them. "It's random," they confirmed. "There might be a little bit of catering towards what you wearing before or what you might wear at some point in your timeline, but it's honestly more on the random side."

Magic readjusted their sleeping mask. "For you guys, anyways. My outfit is entirely intentional." They gave Thytes a grin as they said this, then promptly made a beeline over to the nearest couch and plopped themselves down on it.

Just as they were beginning to get comfortable, a rift opened up nearby. "Looks like we got a reroute," Magic said. They knew the polite thing to do would be to get up, but the couch was just way too soft to easily get off of it.

A grim reaper and human both came tumbling through the portal, landing on top of each other in a messy heap on the ground. Magic didn't even have to check their souls to tell that one wasn't human - the reaper was in their true form, tiny strands of darkness licking the air around their body as they untangled themselves. They were dressed in a fuzzy black onesie with a matching hood, a white skull pattern dotting the pajamas.

Their companion, on the other hand, was dressed much more casually: a too-large t-shirt with the cast of Fullmetal Alchemist on it, gray sweatpants and her brown hair thrown up into a messy bun.

The two looked over at each other, stared, and then looked down at their own outfits. "This isn't Germany," the grim reaper said, her voice young and feminine.

This realization by two other people suddenly appearing in the room, neither which belonging to the living. One was a little girl covered in burns, dressed in gray thermals. The other was a boy that had seemingly only just become a man, the bullet hole in his neck impossible to erase even if his normal ghostly uniform had been exchanged for white pajamas with blue stripes.

They stared at each other, then at the other people in the room.

"Schadel?" the man said, just as the seemingly young girl beside him went, "Liz?"

The other two newcomers stared at them.

"You're wearing...pajamas?" the grim reaper asked, her voice hesitant. She walked over to the two of them, seeming not to have realized that she was still in her grim reaper form instead of a human one.

"You're not in Germany?" came the quick reply from the girl.

Magic felt excitement bubble up within them. They knew exactly who the newcomers were! While they could always do a bit of magic to find out their identities, they had been keeping an eye on this particular group because they were just so entertaining to watch. It was Schadel's Necromancy Agency - Schadel was the grim reaper, Elizabeth "Liz" Novelo was the woman in sweats, Edward Smith was the ghost in the striped pajamas, and Claire Fortier was the girl in the thermals.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:20 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Schadel?! Edward?!" Kratzer asked in surprised, beginning to shake off his disorientation.

"Oh wow, you know these guys too?" Diamond asked.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:13 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Schadel! Edward!" Damascus beamed and stood from the couch he'd been sitting on, walking over immediately to pass around hugs.

299 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Oh dear, this room was crowding up quickly. Wanting to leave space for the newcomers, and also so he could welcome them, Thytes stood up. He winced; he'd been sitting on his tail for so long it'd fallen asleep.

That didn't stop him from his smiling and waving at the four, pretending that his tail wasn't swishing around. They were a strange group, especially the burned girl (unfortunate) and the person emanating darkness (never a good sign), but this was supposed to be a safe place, wasn't it?

"Pom?" Thytes said, "How many people are we to be expecting? Will we have enough room for all of them?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Schadel and Edward immediately perked up when they realized who else was present in the room; both made a beeline for James, Kratzer and Damascus, an enormous grin on Schadel's face as her form shifted to a tall, young-looking woman with black hair and the same polished silver eyes and a smaller one on Edward's.

"This is great!" she said, grinning. "I haven't seen you guys in ages-"

Claire cleared her throat from behind her.

The grin turned sheepish. "These are my brothers," Schadel said, gesturing at the group near her. "Boris is the only one who isn't here."

Liz took a step forward and looked the group over with an impossible to read expression on her face. "I remember you mentioning them before." Her gaze lingered on Damascus and Kratzer in particular. "You're a demon and you're a vampire, aren't you?"

A short distance away, Magic gave an uneasy shrug. "I'm not really sure how many people are supposed to show up," they admitted. "It's just how things tend to work here. But we should have enough room - I can make adjustments if this place doesn't do that itself."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:53 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James gave a simple nod of recognition as a greeting to Schadel, Edward and her friend. Then he kicked out his legs again onto the footrest the seat provided when he leaned back.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:33 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Ja, in ze flesh," Kratzer affirmed. "So's she," he gestured to Diamond, who waved. "Oh! Schadel, James, Dami, zis is Di. Diamond. She's who helped get outta Germany after ze war. She's also my, uh...sister? I turned her."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Nice to meet you, Diamond," James replied casually, pulling his robe a little tighter around himself.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:31 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Pleasure's mine, James," she said, mimicking Kratzer's German accent when she said his name.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Hi, Diamond," Schadel said, Edward echoing her greeting moments later.

Then Schadel turned her attention back to the ghostly girl a few feet away, and gestured for her to come join the rest of the group. Claire did as requested, but it was clear from the look on her face that she wasn't exactly thrilled about having to interact with people outside of the agency.

Claire was too short for her to easily wrap her arm around her, so she settled for giving her a gentle push and keeping a hand on her shoulder. Liz, on the other hand, was the perfect height for throwing her arm around, so she wasted no time in doing exactly that. "These two are the other members of my agency!" she said. She patted Claire on the shoulder, much to the ghost's apparent dismay. "This is Claire Fortier. I live in her house, though I'm the one with the legal ownership of it - it's a little hard for that to work when she's a ghost."

She let go of Claire, and used her free hand to gesture at Liz. "And this is Liz! It's short for Elizabeth Novelo. She's the one living human there, though she's not exactly normal because she can see ghosts."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:56 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Hello Liz and Claire." Damascus beamed and shook each of their hands in turn. "Lovely to meet you."

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg