z

Young Writers Society

Demigods: Camp *Still open*

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm
Funkymomo says...

Luna
I woke up and tried (but failed) to wipe sleep from my eyes. Yawning and blurry-eyed, I looked at Katherine. She was still asleep, lightly snoring away. Time for her to wake up.

" Look, a swarm of bees!" I yelled. She jumped and swatted her pillow around screaming. I laughed. " Morning, ready for capture the flag? We have hermes, aphrodite, hades, and Demeter."

" Umm, yeah, thanks for the wake up. Can we eat now?" she yawned angrily.

" Uh huh, do you have any stratigies for capt. the flag?" I said pulling some shorts on.

She swung her legs over the side of her bed and tied up her hair. " How about you and me stay near the water and, like, block the other team from coming over?"

" Good idea, now I know how to beat you." I turned around to see Alex at the door. She smiled as we turned towards her. " Good luck, see you two at breakfast."
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine- Poseidon.

I rolled my eyes, "If he beats us I'm blaming you." I laughed and she smiled, before looking after the boy who'd left. "You know, I think we should have a bit of practice before the game, then we'll be sure to surprise everyone with our combined powers." I tell her and she nods, so I get up from my bed and pull on a faded grey sweater and put on some half-clean jeans from my pile and walk outside with her at my side. "Alright, let's go to the river. We've got to practive making some new moves with our powers so we can pack a punch today." and she smiles, "What about a water wall?" she asks me and I think for a moment. "A very powerful wall that would be." I laugh. "I know how to make one but it's not too powerful, so if we both work together I bet it would be awesome!"
-

Antoine - Zeus

I stretched out on my bunk, I wondered where every one was but didn't bother asking anyone since there were probably only another two asleep in their bunks. I swung my legs over the side and stood, putting a pair of faded jeans on and leaving myself shirtless, it was hot outside anyways. Why bother? I pushed open the cabin door and made my way outside, before I stood on the small porch like rise that was there before you fell face first onto the grass. I'd done that my first day at this camp, not an impressive feat for a Zeus kid. I looked around, looking for the Hepheastus kids and the Ares chilren. They were the one's that I needed help from the guard the flag. I was usually a captain, but that could change. It all depended.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:27 am
Sunshine says...

~Daemond~

I yawn and stretch out my legs. I glance over to the other bunk where Jess slept. He was still asleep. Of corse. Pulling a tight shirt over my head. I walk out of my cabin. The day is sunny. Perfect for kicking some Posiedon butt. Stretching, I wonder what to do. I watch Antoin walk out of the Zeus cabin a couple feet away. He didn't see me. It would probaly annoy the crap out of him. It stunk that he was on my team, but at least he could play with lightning. That was a plus. Grinning, I follow Antoin, always staying behind him. I wish Katherine was on my team though. Her I could work with, that I could NOT. I chuckle as Antoin turned around and glared at me.
"WHAT do YOU want?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

70 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 am
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine - Poseidon

I suddenly spotted Antoine, being followed by Daemond. Oh, goodnes. He's asking for trouble. I shake my head while smiling before I suddenly decide to annoy Antoine furhter, and flick my wrist towards the river and a large bubble of water begins to move towards Antoine, and I hold it above his head, hoping Daemond sees it. He'll either nod, or he won't.
-
Antoine - Zeus

"What do you want?" I glare, my eyes narrowed. "If we're going to be on the same team, you'd better stop annoying me or I'll freaking turn on you." I threatened, but at a sudden nod of Daemond's head I whirled, looking around until the water collapsed ontop of me. I looked down at myself, my clothes dripping onto the ground and I looked up, teeth bared in anger. "You.." I raise my hands, electricity crackling in my veins as my hands begin to shoot sparks.
-
Katherine - Poseidon.

"Whoa!" I gasp and run forward, "Hold it Antoine!" I holler, my eyes darkening from their grey depths. "It was me you idiot. Daemond is Dyonisis's kid, he can't play with water!" I tell him, not even breathless from the run there. "Obviously it was me, so if you plan on electricuting anyone go ahead and do it. Trust you, I'll get back though." I watched him lower his hands and I sighed. "Don't do it again." he growls at me before turning away and walking off.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

106 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 pm
Funkymomo says...

Go to the DT to try to win the capture the flag game, if you haven't already!

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:02 am
Cspr says...

((Will...eventually...))

Elizabet:

"Hello! Strategical planning with a person who loves Risk over here, please," I exclaim. K.J. just rolls his eyes and walks off, heading towards the Zeus kid or whoever. I just wait, curious to see if anyone would actually come.
My SPD senses are tingling.

70 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:04 pm
WrittenInStone says...

(Where's the DT? I haven't been on this site that much .)

Antoine - Zeus

I turn around and look over at the next person who begins to follow me, but this time I'm not exactly annoyed seeing it's another of my teammates. "Hey, what're you doing over here?" I ask, "Shouldn't you be with the rest of the team?"

|| Wisp. ||

106 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:06 am
Funkymomo says...

Luna

I stood and watched as our team gathered. Finally, everyone was here. Because poseidon was the team leader, Katherine and I explained our plan.

" Ok everyone, listen up!" I had let Katherine talk, because she was older, more people might listen. And, I was a little nervous. " Here's our plan. Demeter and Hermes will guard the flag, poseidon will attack by following the stream towards the flag on the left, aphrodite will go strait in and divert attention, and Hades will go up right side. They're probably hiding their flag on or around Zeus's fist, what with zeus being on their team, so will head toward there. Got it?" Everyone nodded.

I watched silently as everyone polished their swords and got ready. With Katherine on my team, maybe we'd win, or even I might get the flag (I won't). I felt a smile creep onto my lips at the thought.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:11 pm
Noelle says...

Andreas-Ares

"All right everypne, listen up." Daemond had gathered us all right before the game in order to talk strategy. We found a secluded little place in the woods to talk, that way no one could over hear us. I look around at our team. Everyone looks ready to play. We actually didn't have a bad team, we had a couple really great fighters and some okay fighters, but that's better then nothing right?

"So," Daemond continued, "we need some people to stay back and guard the flag..."

"Where are we gonna hide it?" Alex asked. She was fiddling with her bows, making sure they were all good and could still shoot.

"Well, we'll figure that out once we get into our part of the woods. For now we have to figure out who'll be on the offense and who'll be on the defense." Daemond responded.

"I'll be on the offense." I offer. I felt like I wanted to do something this game. Last game I just stood around and watched my two cabinmates steal the show. That wasn't gonna happen this time.

"Okay, so the Ares Cabin has volunteered for offense. K.J. and Keed, you'll be on the offense too?"

They both nodded. It was perfect: the three Ares children leading the assault, and hopefully, capturing the flag.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

70 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:43 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Antoine - Zeus

"I'll be on offense as well." I told Daemond, my tone of voice making it unnegotiable. I smiled wickedly, showing my teeth while letting small sparks dance on my fingertips as I played with my sword, swinging it in a wide arc.

Katherine - Poseidon

I turned to Luna, "You'll be on offense with me." I tell her and she nods in excitement, I grab my sword from the ground and turn around with a glint in my eyes. I was ready, and I was going to get the flag whether they liked it or not. Suddenly, I hoped I met Daemond, It'd be my chance to prove that I'm the better swordsman, and at the sound of the signal to go I lunged forward, leaving the rest of my team in the dust while Luna ran alongside me. Here we go, I thought smiling with a show of my teeth.

|| Wisp. ||

180 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:37 am
Cspr says...

K.J-Ares:

I watched as the groups raced off, trying to find their own flags to defend or trying to find each other's. Unlike my siblings I wasn't one to rush into battle. Until Ares finally claimed me, people had wondered if I was a son of Athena.
I wasn't.

I watched them all then moved to the right, cutting behind the main group and waiting to charge whenever someone got close, or was dumb enough to lead me straight to their base.

Elizabet-Aphrodite:

I gave a basic eye roll in reaction to my roll, since I was just a good of fighter as any girl (except maybe for an unknown Ares girl), But, hey, if my beauty could give us the upper hand--who was I to judge?

I move forward and find a hiding place, waiting for some lonely male demigod to distract.

106 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 pm
Funkymomo says...

Luna-Poseidon

I grabbed a sword and followed Katherine into the woods. Around us I heard some battle calls, things must be getting good. We sped up while searching for the flag. Time after time I thought I glimpsed it, only for it to be someone on the other team running. I was about to start talking to Katherine when she gripped my arm and pulled me down.

" Shhh! be quiet!" I didn't question her and stayed down. A few seconds later, I heard footsteps aproaching. I looked to see Alex running past us. I reached my arm out and grabbed her legs as Katherine tied her mouth.

" Let's put her in the bushes, out of the way. Sorry, Alex," I whispered. We hid her in the bushes and kept running, searching for the flag. I couldn't get it out of my head that I may have tied her hands to loosely though.

70 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 am
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine - Poseidon

I ran hard, my lungs startching to ache as we ran without stopping, and soon I began to wonder if we were nearing the flag. "Zeus's First, we're almonst there." I said as I saw the rock spotting near the trees. I suddenly hear voices and I lunge sideways, pulling Luna with me and we tumble in the bushes. "Quiet." I tell her again, and she obeys with only a raise of her eyebrows.

-

Antoine - Zeus

I stop suddenly, spotting the piece of fabric among the bushes and I turn just as Katherine burst from the brush, her sword swinging towards me and I laugh at her while throwing out my one hand and bringing my sword down with the other. Her sword flies out of her hand and lands somewhere among the trees and she holds her hand which must obviously sting from the lightning but her other is soon out of use as I slice a deep gash into her arm and parry her as she dodges. Luna suddenly bursts through, seeing her comarade in need of help, and I curse at her, tossing my lightning around.

-

Katherine - Poseidon

I stumble over a branch, my numb tingling hand gripped my wounded arm and applied pressure while I tore off the fabric from the bottom of my shirt and wrapped it skillfully around the wound to slow the bleeding.

|| Wisp. ||

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:31 pm
Noelle says...

Andreas-Ares

Running through the woods I saw Alex get captured by Luna and Katherine. Hiding behind I bush I watch as they tie her up and move along. I quickly walk to the bush to untie her.

"Thanks," she whispered after I untied her. I nodded. "Listen, I'm going deeper into the woods. I think I might know where the flag is."

"Where?" I asked.

She grinned. "Not sure yet, but once I'm sure. I'll let you know." She ran away, leaving me alone in the bushes. I think she knew where the flag was. She just wanted all the glory for herself. I couldn't blame her. I went to get up to follow her when seomone stopped me.

"Not so fast tough guy."

could be anyone
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

180 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 pm
Cspr says...

Elizabet--Aphrodite:

I smiled cheekily at Andreas, one of K.J.'s roommates, I knew. "Where do you think you're going?" I ask, as I quickly switch the hand I'm holding my dagger with. I stick out a hip and pout as well, doing the distraction thing I was supposed to.
I'd much rather stab something.
Last edited by Cspr on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb