z

Young Writers Society

Hunger Games 3 - closed - started

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:34 pm
Funkymomo says...

I don't think disneyland again. Maybe in the ruins of New york? nah. Or in this really cool place, Freeport Maine. It's miles big, so it would take a day or two to walk across it, it has water sources, and it can be in any weather you choose! you can look at it on Google Earth. It would be so awesome! Or outside would be good too. I like deserts(and desserts!), and winter themed arenas.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Blueskysummer says...

I think it has to be a place we all are able to relate to, which is why Disney has worked so well in the past. If we do decide on somewhere different, it has to be somewhere relatable, New York was a good idea, or maybe Washington, DC? The rainforest idea sounds awesome! There should be a games where the sun never comes up, so all the tributes are in constant darkness!
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 pm
Calligraphy says...

O.K. I will probably make one in a few weeks. I wasn't very committed to this one, but I will plan things to do in the next one no matter what I end up doing. Ithy the winter thing actually sounds pretty cool. It would be a nice change from all the summer ones.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 am
View Likes
DaSpetsnaz says...

Oh yeah, I've never been to Disneyland so I couldn't really relate to this map/place/thing. I would try somewhere different. I like the idea of Freeport. My base could be in the giant boot, or in Derosiers! I know! It could be at the library! No, I'd get to bored. But I like the idea of Freeport.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:44 am
Amfliflier says...

I also really like the winter idea. Maybe even a tundra of sorts, so there wouldn't be very many sources of food or water. Anyway, I know it's inevitable, but I'm afraid of when the excitement of the new storybook dies down, like it did this time. :(

No we shouldn't do Freeport, because only a few of us know what it actually looks like. We'd have an unfair advantage. I personally don't wanna do Disneyland again, because no one even mentioned the rides... It was just the animal kingdom.

I can't wait for the next one though! Count me in! :)
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Aw, you mentioned Red! *Is proud in a sad fashion.* I agree that a winter setting would be cool. We could have a frozen lake, making it hard to get water and fun to walk on ice! ;) I also like the idea of New York. Even if we've never been there we can picture it. Anywho, with the Freeport, Maine thing. Maine would be apart of one of the districts. I saw a map before. Just like Michigan was in District 8, which is why I chose Red! Either way, count me in!!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 am
MilkNCookies says...

We should do it in the Himalayan Mts. Or something... :D
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:30 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

Yeah, but only a sliver of maine is in district thirteen. Not Freeport. It would be right outside.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

Random avatar

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 am
Calligraphy says...

What is this map of the districts you speak of? Send me a Link XD

Anna

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 pm
Blueskysummer says...

A frozen tundra version of NewYork would be fun... snow half-burrying the buildings, having to scale snowdrifts to get inside, starting ut with snowshoes, but if you loose them you're screwed, that sort of thing.
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

Random avatar

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:56 pm
Calligraphy says...

I agree, and it wouldn't be too hard to find a basic map of New York.. hmm

151 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 pm
Amfliflier says...

I like the combination. Snowy New York. :) Cool! Times Square could be a giant frozen lake or something! xD
Forever for All <3

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 pm
Funkymomo says...

but how about it's all falling down, so it's not just like, " We hide in a big heated building with lights," it needs to be more survivalish. all the buildings could be partially decomposing so it's always cold and there could be snow inside the buildings.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

Random avatar

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 pm
Calligraphy says...

Yes, I was thinking along the lines of everything is deserted and broken down. It will be hard to even find shelter from the wind in the buildings.

151 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:33 pm
Amfliflier says...

Yeah, that sounds really cool! And I agree, there shouldn't be any electricity or running water or anything like that. That would kind of ruin it.
Forever for All <3

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix