z

Young Writers Society

The Shadows- *Started, but spots still open!*

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:38 am
Lydia1995 says...

Jacob

Ginny walked up to the blueberry bush and suddenly blueberries appeared. It was like magic!

"Wow, cool," I said taking a handful and wolfing them down. They were sweet and juicy. I munched on them happily whilst I looked at the trees and the forest around me.

I was brought back out of my daydream by Han he suddenly sparked to attention.

"We've got to go, now! No arguments," He said quickly. Grabbing up Roseys sword and his things. Helen moved over to us.

"Jakey, would you like me to carry you?"

I nodded and clambered onto her back. "I can manage one more of you," Helen said quickly. Ginny hopped up beside me carefully carrying Calille with her. Atashi came over and pulled Lex by the hand after Han. Helen looked apologetically at Maria. "I'm sorry, I can't manage three of you."

Maria smiled, "that's alright, I can walk."

"Stay close," Helen said anxiously, setting off at a brisk walk after Han and the others.

"Where are we going Helen?" I asked.

"I don't know kiddo, I really don't know."
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 pm
Razcoon says...

Pierce

I hopped up and followed the rest of them away.

[Sorry for only once sentence!]
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 am
eldEr says...

GINNY

I sighed and tried not to look too scared. I really wanted to go back home now. How did I even end up in the forest? I still didn't know that either. That and I also wanted to know what was going to happen to us. "Am I going to die?" I asked Helen.

"Of course not Ginny! Why on earth would you ask something like that?"

I sighed. "Because I think my mommy's dead." My bottom lip quivered a little. I couldn't cry here! Not infront of Jakey!

"My brother's dead," Jakey whispered sadly. If he cried first I would cry. Or maybe if I cried first he would cry.

The tears were already in my eyes. I guessed there was no way to stop them now, so I let them slide down my cheeks.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

193 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Jacob

I saw Ginny's bottom lip quiver and tears begin to trickle down her cheeks. I felt my eyes well up but I pushed my tears back and patted her on the back to try and comfort her.

"It's ok Ginny, your mommy will be ok," I sniffled still fighting my own tears. Ginny used one hand to wipe her eyes whilst still hanging onto Helen with the other. She smiled meekly. I smiled back encouragingly.

"Jakey's right Ginny, I'm sure you will find your mommy again someday, and I'm sure that when you do, she will be fine," Helen said comfortingly. Maria who was walking behind us said quietly,

"And if she isn't, someone will look after you."

Helen nodded and then shook her head as if to clear her thoughts. "Well this is a bleak subject, let's talk about something else," she said smiling.

"Like what?" I asked confused.

"Well, if we can't think of anything to talk about, then why don't we play a game?" Helen suggested.

"Eye-spy!" Ginny said excitedly.

"Yeah!" I said smiling. "I'll start! I spy with my little eye something beginning with.....S!"

"Snake! Calille, you spied Calille!" Ginny said quickly. I sighed, she had got it in one. "My turn!" Ginny said, smiling smugly.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:08 pm
eldEr says...

**Sorry, this is going to be short**

GINNY

I thought for a second, trying to remember all of my letters. I knew most of them, but there were some that I still didn't know. "I spy with my little eye... Something that starts with..." I grinned and looked at Jakey's mouth. They would never guess this one. "B."

I looked away quickly, just incase they guessed.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:20 pm
Kelcia says...

Spoiler! :
Okay, guys, sorry to spam this SB, but I may not be able to post for the next few days. This is actually the last time I'll be on my computer for at least the next 48 hours. So, heads up.

K out.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

193 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Jacob

"B," Ginny said smirking. I screwed up my face in concentration.

"B..." I said, thinking aloud. "B...Oh!" I said as I thought of something. "Brown tree!"

Ginny shook her head smugly. "Nope."

"Oh, umm..." I said thinking even harder, but I couldn't for the life of me see anything around me beginning with B. I had noticed that Ginny glanced at my mouth when she said "B" but nothing in my mouth began with B. I was very confused.

384 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 pm
eldEr says...

GINNY

I giggled and licked my lips for a hint. Jakey just looked confused. "Does Helen know?" I chirped.

She shook her head. "I can't say that I do kiddo."

"Can I tell you then? It's really hard." I liked winning. Even if this wasn't really winning, it was good enough for me.

Helen nodded. "I guess so."

I smiled. "Blueberry juice. You have some on your mouth and I think I do, too." I like Jakey. Maybe if I never did find my family, he could be my brother. That would be fun. Having a brother would be cool.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

193 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:56 am
Lydia1995 says...

Jacob

I pouted dissapointed that I had lost. Blueberry juice! Of all the things to spy! I licked my lips to wipe the juice away and quickly forgot to be moody.

"How long until we get there?" I asked Helen, tapping her on the shoulder to get her attention.

"I'm not sure. We've been walking for a while now, but I don't know where Han is taking us," she said.

(Sorry for the short post)

384 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:08 am
eldEr says...

**That wolf pup is coming back into the story!!**

GINNY

"Well, wherever it is I'm sure it will be safe," I said proudly. He had done a good job with keeping us safe so far.

Helen sighed. "Probably."

A wolf pup hopped out of the trees and I watched it run over to Zania. She beamed and scooped it up. "Where on earth have you been?" she asked, cuddling it.

I wanted to go see it, but that would mean getting off Helen's back and then back on. "He's so cute!" I squealed excitedly.

ANNAROSE

I had no idea how long we had been walking, but I was getting anxious. I needed to do something, anything. I considered dozens of things, and all of them seemed to lead to either me being seriously injured or dieing. Or a risk of the two. Would I die to save the others? Of course you would. I thought. But then why was I hesitating? I should be down there negotiating with Scyth instead of cowering up in the trees.

I sighed, settling on the negotiation that was most likely to get his attention and climbed carefully to the ground. I eyed the soldiers carefully, they all seemed eager to jump at me and end this. If they dared I would gorge their eyes out with my bare hands. I tapped Scyth's shoulder and he turned to glare at me.

"What?" he hissed.

"I have a proposition that I think you'd be interested in." He opened his mouth but I held up my hand. "Let me finish before you say anything." I took a deep breath and thought for a moment. How did I make this seem most appealing? "I'm obviously the biggest criminal here and there's no denieing that. There is a very high price on my head right now am I right?" He nodded, obviously not getting the picture. "What if I said that in exchange for the others' safety, I would let you do whatever you wanted to me until you grew sick of it. What if I said that I was willing to be tortured and killed if the others could go on and live their lives without you hunting them down every second of it?" I paused for a moment. He wasn't going to go for it... "Remember that if I'm indebted to you like this, or if you kill me, I can't touch a hair on your head? If you plan on doing both I will let you. On one condition."

He arched his eyebrow.

"I want three hours to find Han and say goodbye. If I'm not back, come slaughter us all on the spot." I sighed. "I would do anything while I was in your service. Then you can kill me however you want and I won't put up a resistance. Execute me publicly if you want." I bit my lip. This sounded better in my head, but here's to hoping.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm
Kelcia says...

Scyth

My eyes narrowed. The deal AnnaRose had proposed sounded good – I could kill her when, where, and however I liked. I could even torture her for years, and she wouldn’t protest. Of course, that was assuming she’d keep her word.
However, there was the three hours she wanted to go find my half brother. That I didn’t like. I gazed intensely at Anna.

She seemed honest enough. But trust was something I’d never really gotten used to.

“Very well,” I said, clasping my hands behind my back. “You get your three hours. Use them wisely, because afterwards… I make no promises.” AnnaRose nodded and jumped into the trees. I waited a few minutes before signaling to my soldiers.

“We keep going,” I said quietly. “I won’t let that little witch get away.” Sure, I was breaking my promise. But it was foolish to let AnnaRose think that she held all the cards. I would find them anyway, and I would still capture and kill her.

For that little group, there was no escape.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

384 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 pm
eldEr says...

**Sorry for the crumby quality of this post by the way. Writer's block...of course I made it long anyways ;) ***

ANNAROSE

He was following me? What, did he think I wouldn't see him? Wow did this guy underestimate me. I thought of yelling at him, but that was stupid. No, I would simply have to move a whole lot faster, which wasn't a problem. I could probably find them and be on my way back before he even got close.

I sighed and sped up as much as I could. My leg was still sore, but at least I wasn't dizzy anymore. Hungry, sure, but that could wait. There had to be berries around here somewhere or other I could grab and eat on the go.

You're going to die. The thought slowed me. He's going to torture you and you're going to die. But I was dieing with good reason right? I shoved the thoughts aside and focused on finding this others. I could think about death and pain later. But how did I explain this to them? Oh hi guys. I'm coming to say my last goodbyes before I leave you forever to live a life of horror. Of course, you'll all be safe then so it doesn't matter at all. Well, see you all in the afterlife.

I sped up again, I needed to find them. Scyth was already quite a ways behind me, so there was no worries about running into him anytime soon. I paused for a moment to think. Scyth used tracks and traces to track, so I would too. I jumped from the branch and landed, pain shooting up my leg. Ignore it. Simple enough, I was getting good at ignoring my pain. Ignore and swing.

A faint rippling reached my ears. Was that water? I grinned and moved towards the sound. How much longer did I have? At least an hour and a half. Maybe more. Heck, I could have only being going for twenty minutues. Or I could have been going for four hours.

I gawked. It was water alright. Running water. A circle of running water. That and footprints. The ground was moist, which right now I would count as a blessing. Scyth was far behind, I had to make sure he didn't find this place. But how would I do that? Rain. If it rained every footprint here would be washed away. I stared at the sky, blue.

I groaned and kept going. Follow the tracks and be quick. I jumped from the tree I was perched in and ran as fast as I possibly could. I would have time to muse at the amazing circular stream later, right now I had to focus on finding the others.

I almost started shouting their names, but I stopped myself. I couldn't do that. I caught site of movement. Already? Was that one of them? My heart lept into my throat. Zanea! I squealed and ran up to her, tears forming in my eyes.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:13 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Zanea

Anna- was that really Anna?! She ran up to my and I suddenly knew it was.

"Anna!" I yelled, hugging her tightly. "You're back! You're back!"

When she pulled away, there was a slight shadow on her face. "Yeah, I'm back..." she hesitated.

"Oh know, what-" I could barely finish the sentence. "Whats going on?" I asked.

"Get Han and... I'll tell you," Anna said quietly. I nodded hurriedly and ran up to Han.

"Anna's back," I said.

"What?!" he exclaimed. "Thats- how-"

"She needs to tell us something, Han, and I need you to come because... she wants to tell us alone." Of course he followed me and we arrived back at where Anna was. "What is it?" I asked her immediately.

Slowly she poured out a short version of what had happened to her, and finally finished by saying, "And... he's going to let you all free if I stay with him and... and this is the last time I'm going to see you." Tears fell down her cheeks.

My head went spiraling. I could barely hear. My heart was pounding in my ears and I couldn't breath.

Distantly, I could hear Han arguing with Anna about it. But inside I knew he could do nothing to stop her. Inside, I knew my best friend was going to die.

Inside, I was broken. Inside, I couldn't handle it. And after what could have been minutes or maybe even hours, after Han and Anna had discussed, I ran forward, wrapped my arms around her in a hug, and cried for the first time since my familiy had died.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

384 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 pm
eldEr says...

ANNAROSE

Zanea threw her arms around me and started crying her eyes out. I returned the embrace and let myself cry, too. "He's following me," I whispered. "He was supposed to stay, but he didn't. You need to keep going."

Zanea shook her head. "I can't believe you're doing this."

I pulled away and reached into my pocket for the note and turned to Han. "I need you to do something for me okay?" I handed it to him and wiped at my tears. "I need you to find out what caused my mother to fear for my life."

Was I really doing this? Of course you are. Was I scared? Oh good lord I had never been more afraid in my life.

"What's he going to do to you?" Zanea squeaked.

I shook my head. "I don't know. Torture me somehow." I shuddered and glanced at Han. Man, did I ever owe him a lot. All the years he had kept me safe, bailing me out and covering for me. I would never see him again, would I? I let out a strangled-sounding sob and threw my arms around him.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:28 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Zanea

I had never put the peices together before. But now that I thought of it... they were in love, weren't they? Anna and Han. And this for them would be just like when I had to leave Taleon... push back the thoughts, I told myself, push back the thoughts.

So Anna was about to lose him, and he was about to lose her. No, this couldn't be happening, no one else could go through the pain I had when I had lost him... but what could I do?

Nothing.

I was trapped.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

One is not born, but rather becomes a woman.
— Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex