z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts---Started but still accepting!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:06 am
Saga97 says...

Micheal

My eyes widened in horror, was I in more trouble than I realized?

"What's he doing here?" Nancy asked almost as frightened and shocked as I was.

"Don't know but this doesn't look good" Apathy said and they both looked at me.

I din't hear the rest of their conversation, I had the urge just run and never look back.

Despising the next few moments of my life. Would I be sent to Azkaban? Just because my parents are Death Eaters.

My heart was pumping so loud and it seemed like only seconds before, Professor Dofoogle and the Minister of magic walked in.

At that moment I went pale and every inch of power I had got lost in my thoughts.

(Won't post for another week :( Hope this is good enough for you to work with. Just remember to be EPIC ;D)
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:27 pm
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne.

"Nah, he's probably just investigating the kidnapping. They don't send Ministers of Magic to arrest people. That's what Aurors are for." Nancy whispered trying to make light of the situation.

Nike and Michael nodded, but didn't look too convinced. They were wasting valuable time sitting here. They had to find the missing boy. Shifting nervously in her chair she started what she did best to relive the tension. Talking.

"Hello Minister. fancy seeing you here at Hogwarts. You're probably investigating the kidnapping. Did I ever tell you that my dad really admires what you're doing in office? He's a really tough guy to crack. He also says I'm going to be Minister one day because I'll talk so much that people will elect me just to make me quiet for a little while. Did you know I can change my hair color at will? See."

Nancy's hair turned from brown to magenta to green to red. "And that's not all I can even grow taller or shorter. See?" The Minister half opened his mouth to say something.

"Do you have a wife? Children? They don't say these kinds of things in the papers." Nancy pressed on. Everyone was looking at her with a kind of confused awe.

She slammed her hand on the table. "Innocent until proven guilty! You don't have any proof that Michael was involved with the kidnapping. Ask anyone! Michael is the sweetest guy. Also, Apathy saw what happened until she go knocked out! Ask her!"
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:53 am
Nike says...

One problem with what Nancy did was: shoot all the attention on me. I got very uncomfortable, the anxiety settling in.

I gulped loudly, searching through everyone's eyes for some help.

"Apathy, would you like to tell us what happened the day of the kidnapping?" The Minister asked calmly.

My heart raced as I looked into his black eyes. They were like dementors, stealing all the good that ever happened to you, leaving you with depression and loneliness. I couldn't stand the appeal of his face, so strong and firm, strict.

"Uh," I coughed up.

"Why don't we go somewhere private?" Professor DoFoogle recommended.

I waited for the Minister to say something before answering myself.

"Yes, that's a pleasant idea." He tried to smile.

Relief soaring through me, I took a deep breath.

"Apathy, would you mind being a witness in the case of the kidnapping? All you have to do is tell everything you know to the Auror." The Minister said.

"I wouldn't mind," I smiled even though my body wouldn't stop shivering.

"Alright then. This Saturday I will be expecting you at The Ministry. Bring a guardian with you." He smiled.

A Guardian.

My parents were kidnapped by Death Eaters, I have no guardians at this moment.

"But Sir. My parents have been taken hostage by Death Eaters! And no one tried to save them!" Tears struck my eyes.

I couldn't believe I just said that. My heart was beating so rapidly, I thought I would faint before those words would slip through my mouth.

Everyone looked at me by this sudden news. Professor DoFoogle knew about it but no one else did.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

9 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:35 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal

What, her parents where... I could feel the shame running through me. What was happening to me was nothing compared too that.

Without even thinking I stood up knelled down in front of her and hugged her. Feeling the hot tears hit my shoulder I couldn't do anything but cry as well.

Nancy joined us but her eyes stayed dry and in a gaze that frightened me. It was like she was in a trance, her mind half with us but half somewhere else.

"I'm sorry" I whispered in Apathy's ear, she looked down at me and gave me a vague smile.

"It wasn't your fault" She brushed the tears of her face, leaving her sleeve wet.

"Can they be with me when I tell the story" She looked up at The minister and Professor DoFoogle.

They looked at each other for a moment. The minister started to talk and it seemed he was about to say no when the professor said very quickly like a bolt of lightning.

"Yes, indeed they can"
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm
Nike says...

It was kind of creepy. The Ministry Of Magic. Dark and gloomy, people old and not so witty like us.

It was creepy.

"Now Ms. Apathy... can you tell us what happened the night Albus went missing?" The Minister asked.

We were in a court room, benches all around us in a circle. I was sitting in the center on a chair that was meant for any guilty prisoner. The Minister was in front of me at a desk, a gravel in hand.

Michael and Nancy were sitting on one of the benches, looking at me. Probably hopping for some good to come out of this. Professor DoFoogle was next to them, playing with his beard.

"Well," I chocked.

Sweat was pouring down my neck, I felt it pinging at my skin.

"I was trying to fall asleep one night... all the girls were fast asleep but I couldn't sleep." I tried my best to not cry. "...then there was some thumping on the dormitory door. I was scared, I had my wand with me when I opened the door." I took a deep breath.

The Minister just kept a cold stare on me. Can't he smile?

"There was Albus Potter. I didn't know him then but when he introduced himself, I was shocked. You know, that he was a Potter. He needed Nancy's help with something but I told him she was fast asleep so he asked for my help."

He looked around the court room, watching Nancy and Michael's expressions. I guess to see if I was lying or not. Like they would know anyway.

"We went to this small hut outside castle grounds. Some giant named Hagrid lived there and now his son is there. We asked him for directions to the shrieking shack. I knew we weren't supposed to go there in the first place. But we did. That's when I saw a black ghost with demon red eyes. He was gripping Albus's shoulder, Albus wasn't himself." I was breathing heavily, tears ready to drip down my face.

I gripped the handles of the chair tightly. There was this intense tension, closing off everything but my story. If you did one thing wrong, the tension would break.

"I tried to save him! I tried so hard!" My heart was beating way too quickly, it hurt. "I used a spell that I heard a bloke use when I was in London, he was a lot older and more experienced but I thought it would work. All it did was back fire." I let the tears fall.

I felt my throat close up after my speech. It was quiet, you could hear a pin drop. All the Minister did was look at the desk and then at me. His face was cringed, maybe he was thinking.

"What was this spell that you used...?" He spoke softly, almost a whisper.

"Stupify," I whispered.

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 pm
ELLYNARA3 says...

Professor Grover
Spoiler! :
Sorry if I got anything wrong. feel free to tell me ib the DT

I was bored so I was just scurrying around the great hall during lunch; everyone who was above first year knew it was me. I had my normal purple eyes so I was easy to identify, some students even called out a hello if they noticed me. I then noticed that two eyes glaring at me from between a crack. Then Obie crawled out, he was jealous as he always was when I went out in rat form. I scurried off, him at my side and headed down to the kitchen, the head master had contacted a potion master and they had identified and cured the elves of their comas.

I wanted to see an elf that had helped me in my sixth year; she was still here even though she was a free elf. I was an active member of SPEW, and loved that she had accepted the socks I had given her for Christmas. Hermione Granger ne Weasley, the founder and supporter of SPEW, was a wonderful lady, she was only four years my elder.

I was in my third year when she was in seventh at hogwarts. She’d come back after the whole You-Know-Who fiasco, and finished her schooling, that was the year that she’d found me.

I was studying in my favourite seat by the fire when she came over and asked me to move. I noticed her head girl badge and underneath a weird looking badge with the letters ‘SPEW’.

“What do those letters stand for?” I had asked standing up, she was head girl after all.

“Society of the Protection of Elfish Welfare, are you interested?” She answered.

“A little, what do you do in this society?”

“Well you know that elves are treated with no respect or dignity, right?”

“Yeah they’re not aloud wands and they have to wear rags unless they are handed clothes, then they can collect clothes, like Dobby, right?”

“Yeah, so we fight for them to have rights to a wand, to try and convince them to accept clothes, I like to knit hats and stuff to leave out for them but Dobby had been taking them. We also try to push for holidays and pays and all sorts of things.”

“Can I help in any way?”

“It’s two sickles to join and get a badge. After that you could try convincing the elves.”

I had dug out two sickles as soon as she had said it and for the next five years I’d been befriending the elves and by the end of seventh year they all loved me, a few had even taken socks and hats as well as scarves and jumpers.

I got to the kitchen door and changed back into a human after telling Obey to go back to my office. I watched as he scurried of. I scratched the pear and started to go down into the kitchens.
Driver chooses the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.- Dean to Sam, Supernatural

Feelings!- Crowley, Supernatural

267 Reviews

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:13 pm
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
WHY ISN'T ANYONE POSTING?

Apathy

"You are a first year and you used a seventh year spell. Of course it back fired..." he sighed, shaking his head. "You aren't experienced enough to use it, my dear."

I swallowed hard, trying to open up my throat.

"It was self defense," Professor DoFoogle said.

All eyes were on him, waiting for some more depth to his theory. It wasn't really a theory, it was true.

"She was afraid that creature would kill Albus and herself!" he added.

"I understand... That's where you last saw him Apathy? By the Shrieking Shack?" The Minister asked.

Nodding, he looked down at the gravel.

267 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 am
View Likes
Nike says...

GUYS. WHY AREN"T YOU WRITING?! I really don't want this to die :D

9 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:14 pm
Saga97 says...

Stella isn't gonna be on for a while, and I haven't heard form Jordan for a long time. Think this is dead but am gonna post anyway :3
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

9 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal

Watching Apathy sitting there with red eyes and a pale face I could do nothing but feel sad.

Having all those people looking at you, judging your every move. That feeling I've known my whole life and I didn't want anyone to have to go through that.

Then Apathy said"That's when I saw a black ghost with demon red eyes. He was gripping Albus's shoulder, Albus wasn't himself" My heart stopped, my thoughts going to the night Albus dissapeared and remembering the shadow at his bedside.

So it wasn't a dream? I had been in deep thought I hadn't even realized that the questioning was over and everyone was walking out.

Nancy tucked at my shirt I looked up and followed her outside. There we met with Apathy she seemed petrified. Trying to hide the fact that I was completely loosing it.

I could still feel my heart racing not knowing if what I saw was for real or not. Something made me hope it wasn't but I still wasn't sure.

As we started walking away I looked down on the ground afraid of making eye contact with anyone. My parents are rather famous for their whole not going to Azkaban thing.

Me having their features and last name could just feel the tension that was building up around me. I wanted to run, I started walking faster turning the next corner I walk into someone and land straight on my back.

Spoiler! :
Sorry for how long this took, school is really being awful right now but hope this is something you can work with :3
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 am
Nike says...

Apathy Jones

After the hearing, we went back to the castle. It was dark and eiry. All the doors were looked and the Headmaster had to get us in with a weird spell. I saw dementors line the castle grounds.

"What do you think that was for?" Nancy asked as we sat in the common room.

"I don't know, but it's freaky." Michael replied.

I couldn't even open my mouth from the fright. The Minister still scares me and the whole thought of going to court almost brought me to tears.

"Apathy, you okay?" Nancy sat next to me on the couch.

The fire in the fireplace was beautiful. All the colors, so warm. Red, orange and yellow. I loved the crackling sound as it crushed some wood. But something odd was going on in it, I could see a face developing in the flames.

"Look," I pointed at the fire.

Micheal came up to us, Taking the fire in. His eyes were focused but it seemed like he was lost. Until the face fully developed and started moving. He jumped.

"Um, sorry. This is my first time doing this..." a familiar voice spoke out.

I felt my heart jump as the face talked. This was both frightening and awesome.

"Is this the Gryffindor Common Room?" he asked.

Al three of us nodded.

"I'm Albus' father, Mr. Harry Potter." I squealed. "Sorry,"

"It's okay." He smiled in return. "Anyway, I was wondering what had happened to Albus? Headmaster DoFoogle told me about the shutdown and it had been caused from his dissapearance..."

For a concerned father, he seemed calm. Maybe because he was Harry mother truckin' Potter. That's why. He's not scared of anything. I cannot believe I am talking to him right now.

"I was the last to see him." I blurted out.

"Did you seem him, dissapear?"

Nodding, I told him everything.

9 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 am
Saga97 says...

Micheal Amare

Seeing and hearing Harry Potter was just out of the world. Leaving the girls to the talking I just sat there in silence listening.

Hearing the story for a second time didn't make me as anxious as before but the image still rested in my head.

"Well that's quite the story, but are you sure you didn't see anything else like the night before?" Nancy looked at me, I had told her about the shadow like figure.

Then there it was again my heart started to pump. If I didn't say anything I would regret it. So I spoke.

"Actually I did" Harry's head looked my way as if just realizing I was there.

"Go on I'm listening" Harry said watching me like a hawk, his eyes looking rather terrifying.

"Well the other night I saw a sort of shadowy figure howering over Albus"
I didn't want to say more, not about how it seemed to know me. It would be to much.

So i closed my mouth then and there not planning to say another word ever again.
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 am
Stellabeam says...

"Hey, it's ok Micahel." I crouched down to where he was sitting. "Besides, the shadow info could be very helpful. Maybe it possesed him or something?" I looked toward Mr. Potter and he nodded. "It's not like he's blaming you or anything. This is something beyond our control." But Micheal just sat there looking dejected. How could he have given up confidence?

"I'll have Hermonie look up causes of shadows and cases of possesions, maybe we can find something. But I want you to be keeping your eyes open and researching on your end. I'll pop up again tommorow night same time. Together we can do soemthing about it." He had a determined look on his face and Nancy knew that he would do anything to save his son, even if he had to walk to find him.

When he left I clapped my hands and said, "Let's go to the library! We have some research to do!"

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the short reply, I'm still getting into my old writing groove and I was lacking creative ideas.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

267 Reviews

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 pm
Nike says...

Apathy Jones

We were in the library. It was cold and empty. Most of the students were watching a Quittich game. But, we had to find some information on this... whatever thing.

"I can't believe we spoke with Harry Potter." Nancy squealed.

"Me either," I smiled.

Nancy pilled a bunch of books on our table as Michael skimmed through a different one. He grabbed it from the restricted section. I grabbed a book from the pile and started flipping through it.

"A black-ghost-figure-thingy-whatever... hm," I searched.

As we looked through all the books, we stood silent. The school was at peace at these times, especially when half the building was empty.

"I found something." Michael said.

Nancy and I lifted our heads from the books and looked at Michael. He shifted the book so we could read it. It read Dementors.

"Michael, that was not a Dementor." I smiled.

He looked confused at first and then checked the book. "Oh, not that. Sorry," he flipped the page and a picture of the figure I saw was in it.

"Ohmygosh,"

"That's the one." Nancy said proudly.

9 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:02 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal

The thing was called a Vofa, It was like a blend of a dementor and a ghost. It was completely transparent but it's eyes red as a fire were the only thing you could see.

Looking into those eyes was like looking into the devils own soul, It could twist and turn your thoughts. Even make you fall into a coma. But just if it was strong enough.

A Vofa needs a master, it cannot work by itself it needs to be given orders. Whoever has the power over a Vofa could become very powerful.

Micheal read the text outloud letting them hear every single detail there was, and there wasn't much. He was reading the last lines when he stopped his eyes going back and forth reading the same line over and over, his face showing total shock.

"What, what is it?" Asked Nancy who clearly was dumbfounded by his behavior.

"It's just this" He stopped for a second before he finished his line.

"Cannot be true" He said stil looking at the book astonished.

"It says Vofur are extinctor so they think, A Vofa hasn't been seen for more than two thousand years" He looked up at the girls who like him couldn't make any sense of what they just heard.

"But that's the creature I'm sure of it!" Apathy said her voice cracking up with anxiosness.

"Yeah I know" Micheal said, they sat there in silence when they heard footsteps coming in their direction.

Spoiler! :
Just to let you know Vofais an Icelandic word for well like a ghost, if you don't like it tell me :3
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle