Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat May 08, 2010 4:52 am
LovelessSummer says...

Natas:

I watched her back as she ran down the hall towards the others, all the while laughing and screaming with delight. I shook my head slightly and chuckled, starting down the hall slowly, absorbing the quiet for once, taking in deep breaths of air.
She was always a hard one to control, Shadow laughed, too rowdy for her own good. I smiled and nodded.
That's too much of the truth. Coincidence how we met, huh? I should have known from then she would be trouble.
You were bringing her to your dad so he could throw her in the dungeon for thrice terrorizing the village. Of course she was going to be trouble! We both laughed at the memory, afterwards I sighed. The rest of the walk was in a filling silence.
- - - -
"They want a fight," Eighth barked, "we'll give them a fight!"
"It's go time," Alice shrieked.
"Wait," I mumbled, "what's our plan of attack?"
"First enemy to step foot on our property gets a nice dose of fear, followed by Alice and Toser picking up the rear, a few guards on the outer edges for a bit more protection. I don't give them thirty minutes to last, so if you're looking for fun," she threw a glance at Alice, "then you had better take it slowly. Natas," I raised my head a bit to look her in the eyes, "you're hands are injured so I advise you not to have any hand-to-hand combat."
I laughed and shook my head slightly.
"It does not hurt, just a few cuts and scrapes. I'd suffered more." Eighth nodded and rose.
"Well," she smiled," let the battle begin."
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 am
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I leaned halfway out the window and stuck my fingers in my mouth letting out a high pitched whistle. Ash flapped over after about a minute and as she flew by I hopped onto her. Patting her neck gently I whispered "Okay girl, let's go. We've got a lot of people to kill if we want to win this war." With that she began flapping her wings harder.
Live, Love, Laugh

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat May 08, 2010 4:51 pm
View Likes
servant4christ says...

Mayten saw whispered to her dragon,"Yaken! Let's go over there by Cil'ti," she said with a hint of mirth to her voice. Yaken gladly followed his master's request. When they were side by side Mayten glanced fondly at her friend. Yaken gave a flirtatious smile at Cil'ti. Mayen knew that her dragon was very handsome,and if he were a human would be very pleasant to look at indeed. So she didn't blame Cil'ti for liking him. Cil'ti was a very beautiful dragon as well."Are you ready for this?" Asked Mayten anticipating the coming war."You know it!" Cried her dear friend.They lowered down to the miner warriors and flew by a boy with blond hair who was called by the name Fillie. Mayten was puzzled by her friends actions because she did not know this person." What are you doing?" She asked. Her friend laughed and explained everything that had happened while they had been apart. The practicing and training she had done with Fillie and everything that had gone on. Mayten listened intently which is why she didn't hear the horn that was blowing in the distance....
Sometimes you've just got to accept the way things are and move on, but not us...

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Zara and Roshan:

I raced through the halls and into the throne room. Roshan was moving through the forest. I couldn't hear her but I heard her thoughts--which were something to do with animals running away from her and making too much noise. I didn't take much notice.

Zara, Roshan told me. They're coming. I hear them.

Good, I thought back and spun around to face the door.

Manarian is nearing the castle, she added. I thought you might want to know.

Thank you, I replied and checked on my weapons. Now the fun can start. How long until he gets here?

Soon, Roshan murmured and then fell silent. She seemed to be done with finding somewhere to hide.

I stood there before the throne, hand on the grip of my dagger. Slowly, I turned around and stood staring at the throne. Manarian would come soon and then I could have some fun.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 7:20 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I spotted someone coming towards the castle "Go down." I muttered to Ash. She landed on the roof, her black body blending. When the person passed I muttered "Up Ash." She flew up and we began quietly flying behind them.

It has begun.
Live, Love, Laugh

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat May 08, 2010 8:24 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Natas:

You ready for this?
The real question is are you?
I'm not the one with the fragile human body.
Touche.

I mounted Shadow and, before I even had time to get a good grip on the reins, he was spiraling up into the air. I laughed and leaned forward, momentarily resting on his long neck.

Are you trying to kill me?
If I wanted you dead, you would be free falling right now.

We broke the clouds and hovered there for moments. The world just sitting there below us, going about their business. Simple villagers shopping freely, happily maybe, having no idea of the battle that was about to take place. Merrily they walk, so ignorant. Ignorance be thy bliss... Now, I wonder who it was that told me that? I think it could have been...

A loud whooshing of wind broke my thoughts as what I proposed to be an enemy zipped under our cloud.

Follow that dragon!
Gladly. Shadow laughed and spun around while in pursuit of, yes, an enemy's dragon. It's been so long since I've tasted blood.
Well, I hope you're thirsty.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

84 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 8:42 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I stood up carefully but skillfully on Ash as she flew closer to the other dragon. I jumped from Ash to the other dragon. I tackled the person.

My eyes are ready for the color, my fingers ready for the stickiness, my nose ready to be filled with the lovely scent.
Live, Love, Laugh

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat May 08, 2010 9:13 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth-

As enemies began coming, I mounted Phobos. We flew to the sky, and he began breathing fear. Some Riders simply fell off their dragons and dropped to the ground like flies. As they died, their dragons went berserk with fear and pain, and began lashing out at their own allies. The ones who managed to hold out were quickly taken down my my Shadows. I joined myself, looking for strong ones who hadn't been weakened by the villagers. I hopped from dragon to dragon, slashing with my knife, watching as my hands grew red with blood. Phobos ripped apart any that came near him, his ghostly white body becoming pink as it was sprayed. I laughed as I dug my dagger into the stomach of a little rider, his eyes pleading. I hadn't had a good fight in a long time, and the smell of blood and cries of fear and pain were like candy to my senses. All that mattered was death. Death, power, and fear.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 9:18 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I went around slicing throats and stabbing chests. Each time I killed someone their dragon went crazy, feeling the pain it's rider felt. My hands were drenched in blood but it only made me go faster.

I fought a boy about my age. He was pretty skilled. Trying to stab my he sliced open my shirt. His blade got me just enough to make me bleed. Ignoring it I pounced on him and drove the knife through his heart. Wiping my knife on my pants I continued. This was one of the best days I've had in forever!
Live, Love, Laugh

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun May 09, 2010 2:43 am
jolene says...

Wait for me!Im joining!

Human:

Name: Alice

Appearance: long black hair, silver eyes, tall, wears black clothes with light blue shoes.

Personality:very shy, depressed most of time,

History:doesn't remember most of the time...

Dragon: ( can I have light?) If not wind

Connection w/ dragon: okay they just met

Dislikes: mean, Ignorant people, fights

Flaws: isn't good with cammands (daydreams)

Good points: good stragedies...

Habits: daydreams, draws, talks to her dragon

Other: for love, and finding out who killed her parents
Dragon

Name: gecko

Element:light, if not...wind

Appearances: white with black eyes and light blue wings

Personality: protective of Alice..really mean.

other: wish to be human
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 am
jolene says...

Nevermind my name is Lacey...sorry about that!
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun May 09, 2010 7:22 pm
Kelcia says...

Manarian and Reitsprea

The battle was going badly for the Riders. More Riders fell every minute to the Shadows’ blades. Manarian and Reitsprea darted through the fray, trying to protect the younger riders, all the while making for the Shadow’s castle. He had a feeling that the Shadow Rider in charge – Eighth, if he understood correctly – would be there. And if not her, perhaps he would find Zara. He finally managed to break away from the battle, and was dismayed that Kallo, Tay and Bree had not managed to follow him.

No matter, he thought to Reitsprea, we can manage alone. The dragon snorted in doubt, but kept silent.

They quietly descended into the castle courtyard. Manarian dismounted and motioned for Reitsprea to follow behind. She padded along behind him, but had to duck her head when they passed through the main entrance. She could barely fit through the halls. But Manarian had a feeling that any fighting that might take place would happen in the throne room. He just hoped it was big enough.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

351 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 6:13 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth-

Phobos was bored, as was I. The fun of murder had ceased, now it was simply slaughter. I decided to leave the amatuer fighting to my other Shadows. I mounted Phobos, wiping my gloves clean on the shirt of a dead Rider he held in his mouth. I pulled them back on, and we headed back to the castle. Perhaps something was going on there. I jumped off on the lawn, but spotted a Rider's water dragon nearby. Phobos knew better than to growl, he softly walked away. I created a field of fear around myself. The dragon wouldn't know I was here. I carefully crept into the throne room, keeping to the shadows. A man was there, and he looked ready for a fight. I smiled from the shadows. I would give him one. I pulled one of the many daggers I had been collecting from fallen Riders from my belt, and threw it, aiming so it would just barely miss his head. It whistled past, and he jumped, turning towards me. He pulled out a sword, but I was faster. I cloaked his mind in fear. He bit his lip, surpressing a scream. So, he was strong, then, very much so. He dropped his sword in the effort to keep from screaming, and I took full advantage, sprinting up and kicking it to the side. I put my sword to his throaght, and smiled. "Well, I'm sure you know who I am." I said, pressing slightly. "But who are you?" Suddenly, a voice came out of the shadows. "Leave, him, Eighth. He's mine." it was Zara. I sighed. It was indeed her fight. I stepped away, and she took up my position, holding a knife to his throat.
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm
Kelcia says...

...Manarian is a he. ;)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

351 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 6:16 pm
ToritheMonster says...

I was talking about Bree... I snuck past her dragon. Did I accidentally call him a he? *reads* nope. I'm currently attacking you in the throne room.

We are great at fearing the wrong things.
— Hank Green