z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 pm
Dragonet says...

>I didn't see Kelcia's post before I wrote this, so sorry it's out of order. Just pretend I wrote this before her post.<

Tay

I leaned against a tree trunk and closed my eyes, it had been a long day. First there was the terrible news about the shadow riders, and then the argument between the elders and one of the storm riders, and then Zara suddenly appears all beat up. Even though the day had been rough I smiled, I was cheered by the excitement. I could tell that Cilt'ti agreed with me, both of us liked here and now, training day after day could get tiring. All of this change made me ready and pumped.

What do you think of Zara? Cilt'ti's thoughts enter my head.

What about her? I ask puzzled.

Nothing. Just, some of the dragons were talking...

Talking? About wha- A sudden scream fills the air and cuts off my words. I stiffen and whip my head around at the sound; Cilt'ti lands quickly at my side so that I can hop on.

Landing at the camp ground I see people running around in confusion. A boy, about my age, with blond hair, runs past me and tries desperately to ring the warning bell. The bell hadn't been used in a long time; it was old and rusty, making it hard to ring. I hurry over and help the boy pull on the thick rope that operates the bell. Finally, with teamwork, we get the bell swinging; sending a loud, clear signal through out the hills.

The boy turns and looks at me, as if seeing me for the first time. "The name's *Fillie."

I smile, "*Fillie? Like a young horse?"

He smiles back, "Ya. I suppose you could see it that way." His green eyes sparkle, as if laughing at the joke. I'd never seen such expressive eyes.

"I'm Tay," I say, "I haven't seen you around. You new?"

He nods. A dragon lands behind him. The dragon was green, the color of his eyes. Automatically I look around for Cilt'ti, and see her helping carry a dead elder. The color in my face drains. "Oh my gosh!" I whisper and rush over. "Who did this?" I ask, although I already know the answer.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 pm
kidashka says...

~Kallo~

I nodded, glad that finally we were able to do something. Much as I didn't want to agree with Bree, our slowness to act had cost the Elders. So now it was all up to us. Gah.

"I think we should leave as soon as possible," I said before everyone dipersed. "This is the first place they'll strike, so... If we surround the area, then attack when they arrive, maybe we'll be able to catch them off guard."

Manarian nods appreciatively. "Yes," he agreed, then paused. "Bree, Tay and Kallo, stay here. The rest of you, start preparations to leave."

As the other riders rushed from the room, I gave Manarian a subtle glance. He definately had the makings of a good Elder. Especially seeing as now, he was the only leader we had.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I slung the bow onto my shoulder next to the arrows. Pressing my sword into the hilt I looked around the room for my dagger. "Ah, here it is." I said picking it up from my pillow. I hid it in the strap tied to my arm beneath my sleeve. Triple knotting my shoes I looked outside. It was a nice night for bloodshed.

Ash flapped up to my window. Climbing through it and onto her I said "The sky is cloudy. It is a good thing we have good eye sight." Stroking her scales I closed my eyes and said "All I've done in my life has prepared me for this night Ash. Let's hope we loose few people." Opening my eyes I resited something someone told me once "Through the chest and to the heart. The eyes grow blank and the skin goes cold. Instant death means an instant win."
Live, Love, Laugh

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 am
Kelcia says...

Manarian and Reitsprea

“Bree, Tay, and Kallo, stay here. The rest of you, start preparations to leave,” Manarian ordered, and was mildly surprised to find that his instructions were followed. He beckoned the remaining three closer.

“There is the matter of Zara,” he said quietly. “She is a traitor, and must be dealt with accordingly. Even as we attack, I want you three to keep an eye out for her. She should be targeted above the others. Capture her if you can; kill her if you can’t.” he gazed at each face in turn, half expecting them to argue.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm
ScarlettFire says...

((Wow, massive post. Oh well. Hope this works. I don't know if I can write it any other way, though. *shrugs* Tell me if it's wrong or anything. Anyways, let the battle begin?))

Zara and Roshan:

I went to the village and ordered them into position from the back of my dragon. Roshan was strangely quiet. I was pretty sure she knew about what I'd done. I wasn't happy about and I wasn't proud but I had done it and it had happened.

I sighed and urged Roshan up onto the roof of a nearby house. I watched as the villagers huddled together in the alleyways and in the shadows, waiting.

"Come on, Roshan," I said quietly. "Let's go lead them into a trap."

Roshan stayed quiet but she listened. She listened and launched herself into the air and we flew back a few miles to perch on top of a mountain, watching the horizon. They would come. I knew they would.

I stared down at the bloody dagger in my hand, at the blade cover in red. Dry blood. The elders blood. My hands were soaked in it too, and I was bleeding again. After an hour of sitting there, Roshan moved, lifting her head to look towards the horizon. She growled and I looked up to see the silhouette of a dragon coming towards me. And then another, and another.

The dragon riders were here and Manarian knew I was a traitor. They probably all knew and were out to get me. I grinned. This would be worth it, if they killed me. If he killed me.

Zara, Roshan's voice whispered into my mind. We must move unless you want to die.

I stared at my hands and my dagger again, thinking and then looked up to see the dragons closer than before and sighed.

"Time to draw them out and into the trap," I whispered. Roshan launched herself out of the tree and into the clouds. I could feel at least three others follow me.

We feel back towards the village and vanished into the forest. I watched them land in the middle of the village and suddenly the villagers charged. I grinned and Roshan jumped into the air again. She flew off towards Eighth's castle.

I didn't realise that I was being followed until I looked back and saw Manarian and his dragon following me. I figured Eighth wouldn't mind, the riders were trapped anyway.

"Roshan," I whispered and she twisted to look at me. "Faster. We're being followed."

I know, she said and put on a burst of speed.

Soon enough we were at the castle and Eighth was glaring at me.

"What?" I asked, jumping down from Roshan's back. "They started planning too quickly and then launched into action. I swear, I killed all the elders.... Unless...unless..." I trailed off, looking away from her angry face.

"Unless what?" she snapped.

"Manarian," I said. "He's one of the senior riders. I was too."

Eighth swore and started pacing. I waited, looking around nervously. If she wasted any more time, Manarian would be here and I would be dead.

"Go," she told me and I jumped, startled. "Go. Tell your dragon to hide then go into the castle. You're to wait for him. I'm going to put my plan into action." She grinned and left the courtyard.

I stared after her and watched as her huge dragon rose into the air and flew off towards the village. I sighed and pointed towards the forest. Roshan left without a word.

Roshan, I told her. Come if I start screaming.

There was moment of silence and then she replied, I will. If you scream, I'll come.

I smiled and turned to race off into the castle. Manarian would probably come looking for me sometime soon.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

24 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 pm
Kelcia says...

*So it begins... ;)*

Manarian and Reitsprea

They were flying high over Sharlohw’s countryside, in tight formation. Almost all the Riders had come; the youngest that still had not learned how to fly had been left, and a few older Riders to look after them, but other than that, all the Dragons were flying.

Manarian sat comfortably on Reitsprea’s back, feeling the weight of his sword at his side, and his bow and quiver slung across his back. All the fighters were fitted out similarly, with quick, light weapons that were easy to use from a Dragon’s back.

Suddenly, a dark figure of a dragon appeared before them in the distance. Upon seeing them, it quickly soared away.

“They know we are here,” he called back to the group. “The fight will come soon. Get into a block position and attack all at once – they won’t expect that.” He looked downward at the land rushing by as his orders were passed through the battalion. A large, deep river wound below them, making its way, seemingly, all the way to the Sharlohw’s capitol, where the Shadow Riders were now assembled.

Good. The water Dragons can take refuge there, if need be, He thought to himself before calling to Reitsprea, You are ready?

As I will ever be, my friend. She replied, scanning the sky ahead of her. And you?

I am ready. Let’s hope the rest are. As he spoke, a dark line approached from the direction of the Capitol; another, larger mass swarmed across the ground.It is time.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed May 05, 2010 8:48 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth-

I hated when my plans didn't go exactly as they wanted them to. It would be an even battle, then, after all. I cracked my knuckles and pulled on my black leather fighting gloves. Hands slippery with blood dropped swords more easily. I whistled Phobos closer. If they were planning an onward attack, I would break it up. And I knew just how.I saw a whole group of them, far more than I was expecting. No matter. Phobos and I had done this hundreds of times, it was like herding. We swooped over them to their back. And I eyed on young rider. She looked hardly more than twelve, and her dragon couldn't be much older. She had Phobos had about five slumped on him. He breathed fear, and the arrows stopped coming as all the Riders momentarily stopped, paralyzed. The now abandoned little dragons started howling. Phobos and I shot towards the village, dumping the children in the square. The Riders would follow. Five of their children had been captured- any good army would turn. If they didn't, we would know just how desperate and unskilled they were.Villagers began gathering around, ready to fight. I smiled, as the shapes of dragons appeared, hungry for revenge. One of the girls was waking up. A water dragon was getting close, and she looked concerned. Perhaps this was her sister. I grabbed a farmer and dragged him over, holding my dagger to his neck. "Kill her." I commanded, and he stabbed his pitchfork down through the child's semi-conscious body. The incoming water dragon roared, angry and upset beyond compare. They would stay, now. My plan was back on track, and I mounted Phobos as the Riders began touching down and fighting the villagers. I flew leisurely back to the castle. I wondered if that senior Rider was dead yet.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Deleted
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Wed May 05, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed May 05, 2010 9:05 pm
ToritheMonster says...

fiction, where are you? the Riders at at the village and the Shadows are at the castle... check the DT, I'll post more there.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu May 06, 2010 1:54 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

BREE and NUK

Who did Manarian think he was? She wasn't going to take orders from him. Now that the Elders were dead she was following by her own rules.

Her stomach rolled as if she had just fallen off her dragon. The Elders would want her to listen. They would want someone like Manarian in charge. Her guilt and grief almost overpowered her stubborn and fiery attitude.

Almost. She wasn't going to listen to anyone. Especially not Manarian. She couldn't stand him and it was wrong to feel like this in such a crucial time, but she couldn't help it. He couldn't tell her what she could and couldn't do. She had enough of that. It was time Bree followed her instincts.

"I can't stand this! I'm going to fight!" Bree yelled. "Nukpano and myself are good fighters and we're fast. After all, he's a storm dragon!"

"Bree," Manarian said, looking tired, alert and a little annoyed. "We all-"

"Just shut up," Bree hissed. "I'm done with this! I'm not going to do whatever you say like some sort of puppet. We have this village and the shadows. We don't stand a chance. We don't even know what to expect. Nuk and I are going to help all we can here but when it comes down to the fight we're going to do what we think is best. And if that means disobeying your 'orders' then so be it. I'm just warning you."

**Sorry Kelcia. xD Bree is such a jerk sometimes. lol**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

24 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 am
Kelcia says...

*xD it's okay. I was wondering if something like this would happen. ;)*

Manarian and Rietsprea

Manarian stared hard at Bree, wondering if it was worth it to argue.

“Very well,” he said, “Do what you think is best.” What he did not add was that if she managed to hurt any other riders on whatever hare-brained scheme she had in mind, she would have him to answer to. However, none of this showed in his voice or face, and he continued to fly on towards the Shadow’s castle.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

84 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 1:57 am
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I closed my eyes as the tension in the environment began increasing. Patting Ash's neck I hopped off and slipped into the window. I ran down to the main hallway and screamed "They're coming!"
Live, Love, Laugh

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat May 08, 2010 2:18 am
LovelessSummer says...

Natas:
"They're coming," were the words that jostled me from my meditating sleep. Who was coming? I rubbed sleep from my eyes and stepped out into the hallway. "They're coming!" Alice was running down the hall, frantic and screaming. I grabbed her as she passed my doorway.
"What? Who's coming?" Sleep was heavy in my voice, evident in my slummy posture. I needed to wake up. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me.
"The little Elder defenders," she yelled, a slight smile on her face. "The enemy! It's time for a bit of blood shedding!" I smiled and nodded. Finally. "Exactly, so go put on a shirt, grab your armor, sword, and dragon! It's party time." I hugged her and pushed her away, urging her down the hall to tell Eight and Toser.
Shadow, it's time.
Yes, Natas! It is indeed.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat May 08, 2010 2:42 am
Dragonet says...

Tay~

I gripped the leather handle of my sword, and patted the dagger that was hidden in the pocket of my boot; it was war time. This is what I have been training for my whole life, and even though I was excited I was also terrified.

There's no need to be frightened. We will kick their butt. We've done it before and we'll do it again. I can't wait for this! Cilt'ti's thoughts entered my head as we circled the castle that would become either my grave or my victory. Cilt'tli's words helped calm me slightly, but I could tell that I wasn't the only one that she was trying to encourage.

I caught a glimps of *Fillie's blond head of hair among some of the miner warriors, and my heart lightened to see him. We had become fast friends these past couple of hours that we've had together. I directed Cilt'ti to fly closer, I wanted to be by his side during the battle, we've been practicing together and I felt comfortable and safe by his side.

Cilt'ti must have sensed my feelings because she scoffed.

Oh sure, I forgot, you'd rather fight with Yaken side by side, wouldn't you? I teased back. She snorted but didn't have give a smart reply. I sighed, I shouldn't have made fun of her. We were about to go to battle and we needed to work together instead teasing each other. I hated admitting that I was wrong, so instead of apologizing I waved at Mayten and motioned for her and her dragon to come join us.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

84 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 4:09 am
fictionfanatic says...

Alice:

I hummed as I leaned against Natas' door waiting for him to get ready. Thudding against the floor Natas' face grinned above me "You're real smart Alice. Lean against the door." I held my arms up to him like a child and said back "Oh shut your mouth and help me up your highness." He grabbed my hands and lifted me with ease.

"You ready?" I asked him. He nodded and asked back "Are you?" Rolling my eyes I pulled out my dagger and bit down on the tip "Do you know who you're talking to?" With an amused grin he said "Yeah, the girl who has a scar on her cheek from a village boy."

I scowled at him playfully and in a flash I was behind him with my knife at his throat "Yup. That's me. But have you seen him lately? No." Then the next thing I knew he had me pinned against the wall laughing with joy. I leaned forward and kissed him lightly on the cheek. Stunned his grip loosened and I slipped out and screamed "Think about that next time you criticize me. " Then I laughed my chiming laugh and yelled again "Let's go, time to fight! Get your head out of the clouds!"
Live, Love, Laugh

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter