Young Writers Society

Nowhere

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:31 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden shrugged.
"Sure, I guess. I've got no reason not to...I think," he said, scratching his chin.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Great," Sebastian said, smiling. One less thing for him to worry about. All that was left was to find the source of the blood in this place, and everything would be just fine.

Except, of course, he was pretty sure that something supernatural was at fault. He went to join Issac and Gabriel, since the two of them seemed to know what they were doing. They were studying the floor for what was likely bloodstains. But if there had been any, it appeared that they had been wiped clean by whoever had left them there - or someone else.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:57 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber made to follow the others, who were obviously searching for the source of the annoying smell. He took a step forward. That's when his vision grew blurry, the world around him seemed to shake, and he found himself on his knees. Another, more familiar scent came from his right shoulder. He looked to see a nasty gash peeking out from under his shirt, slowly spilling blood down his arm and chest. It must've been from the piece of wood he'd pulled out of there, he realized. Taber had been so caught up in the excitement that he hadn't noticed it.

Pulling off his shirt, Taber wrapped it around the wound, tying it up in a knot. He winced, pushing himself back against a wall. As usual, he tried to smile, but it wasn't working. "Anybody here a doctor?" he said, laughing in a high-pitched way.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sebastian turned, then immediately paled at the injury. It wasn't that he got nauseous from wounds easily - this wound was just a particularly nasty one. He put his bag down on the ground and pulled out the first aid kit from before. "I'm not a doctor," he said, "but I do have my first aid kit."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:21 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Thanks," said Taber, focusing on the box. "I dunno what that is, but it's probably good?" He laughed, eyes darting around. Taber didn't want anybody focusing on him; it was kind of embarrassing.

"I've had worse," he said, trying to move his arm around. He winced. "One time a bunch of people tried to stab me to death. They almost did!" Another nervous laugh. "But my girlfriend saved me. I kind of wish she was here."

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"I-I wish she was here too," Raiden said, walking over to Taber.
"The first aid kit will get you patched up, good as new. Don't worry. Hey, Sebastian, was it? Anything I can do to help?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:41 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo stepped forward, taking off his backpack and slinging his gun over his back instead with a strap so that his hands were free. He set his backpack down beside Taber and pulled out a first aid kid of his own, along with a clean shirt.

"I'm not a doctor either, but I've had to patch myself up from time to time," he said, kneeling beside the werewolf. "This..." he looked closer at the wound, "...is probably going to need some sewing up. But first we need to stop the bleeding. You okay if I put pressure on the wound? I mean, I need to do it anyway. But -" he held out the tshirt over the wound, waiting for Taber to give him a thumbs up, or a nod, or something. "I just want you to be ready, okay?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

299 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber nodded and gave a thumbs up with his unharmed arm. "It should be fine?" he said. "It doesn't hurt that much." He placed a claw next to the gash and let out an involuntary bark. "...But it wouldn't hurt to try," he continued, smiling and biting his lip.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo nodded, and proceeded to lay the bunched up shirt on top of the already wrapped wound, and applied pressure with his hand.

"I'm going to have to hold it here until the bleeding stops. Blood takes a little while to clot."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sebastian wisely watched Bo instead of trying to also help with the first aid; though he had a pack on him, he rarely had to use it. Gabriel and Issac tended to have a pattern of putting themselves in the way over anything that could cause major harm to him, and it was Gabriel who tended to be the bait whenever they were luring something out.

Still, help was always good.

He turned to Raiden. "I think it might be best if we just watch Bo for now," he said, "since he seems to know what he's doing."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber nodded. "Can I still help out with things?" he said, watching Bo apply pressure on his arm. It felt weird, but tolerable. "Or would that be a bad idea?"

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"There's not much you can do," Bo said calmly. "We just gotta wait."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Seeing that Bo had things under control, it seemed like he would be more helpful searching with Gabriel and Issac. Their search had provided few clues. They had found some things here and there, but those things were just remnants of whoever had used this tunnel last. Bits of clothing. Pieces of jewelry. Ominous stains on the ground that could have either been blood or some other liquid.

They weren't getting anywhere with this.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:51 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

It took about ten or fifteen minutes, but when the bleeding was finally under control, Bo slowly pulled the now bloody shirt away. He wiped off his hands, put on gloves, and pulled out the bottle of saline solution along with a pair of tweezers and a bottle of water.

"Now for the tricky part. I'm gonna get out any splinters in there you might've missed, and then I'll have to disinfect it. All of that's going to hurt, but you gotta stay with me, okay? You can do this," Bo said, giving the werewolf a small reassuring smile.

299 Reviews

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:04 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Eyes focused on the bloody shirt, Taber smiled anxiously. "Can I have something to hold onto?" he said to Bo. "Or bite?" He didn't like the sound of somebody pulling anything else from his arm, or bottles with stuff that would sting the injury. It was necessary, but he was hoping Bo would finish fixing it as quickly as possible.

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate