z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:34 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James chuckled "haha very funny, you should apply to be a stand up comedian Greed" he said. "Now, if you'll excuse me I have work to do."
*boop*

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:40 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I was serious about that one, darling. I'm what a few dimensions refer to as a demon. Can't break my word, even if I want to. But yes, go on, get right on back to work pretty boy. Let me know how it goes."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:55 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"Can you please give me my phone now Greed" he said extending his hand.
*boop*

95 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm
Teddybear says...

Greed didn't answer that, just chuckled and shook their head. "You're welcome for not letting you choke on your own tongue. Have a nice life." Greed took out the phone and pulled apart the threads beside them, calling silently to a minuscule, locked pocket dimension. Two layers down, there it was. Greed put the phone there and went back to the bar for another drink.

he/they

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:47 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James sighed. He sipped on his whiskey and began tapping his foot nervously. He had to contact Andrew, but how was he to do that now? Hopefully Andrew would be smart enough to not panic. He turned to face Greed, he had to get that phone back somehow. "Can I please have my phone, please, I need it" he said. Given that Greed was a demon who clearly viewed themselves as superior to humans he definitely couldn't cut a bargain, his best bet was to beg. "Please, I'm begging you, I need my phone. I need to contact Andrew."
*boop*

95 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 pm
Teddybear says...

Greed sat down at the bar and considered it. They hadn't been begged for anything in a long time. Not since their deal-making days. Though, technically, their deal-making days weren't really that long ago.

Regardless, it was nice.

"You can make a deal for it," they said, half-joking. Humans from dimensions far enough along to have phones typically weren't foolish enough to make deals with a 'demon'.

he/they

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:01 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowned "what kind of deal" he asked skeptically. He knew making deals with demons was a terrible idea, that's how Paul had died, but than again he had a job to do and this was the only way to do it, he had to do it, what was there motto again? Salvificem mundum periculum vitae. This had to be done.
*boop*

95 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:08 pm
Teddybear says...

"Well, just a regular deal, with the added bonus that if you fail to keep your end, your soul is forfeit." Greed signaled for yet another drink. Hopefully this one wouldn't get spilled. "As for the exact terms....I think I'll leave that up to you. What are you willing to trade for your little device?"

he/they

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James pondered this question, if he made it something too small the deal would be over, at least according to The Soul Catcher and The Bony Man. But if he made it too high it wouldn't be worth it, so what's the best deal? James drummed his fingers on the bar nervously, he wished Andrew was here, he was a smart kid, he would know what to do. No, he could do this. He just had to think. He looked at Greed "I need some time to think" he said.
*boop*

95 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:19 pm
Teddybear says...

"You have until I finish this," Greed held up the drink the bartender had slid in front of them. It was a shame, really. It was almost a full pint, it would last them a while if they sipped at it.

Cutting their losses, they tipped it back and downed the full thing.

he/they

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:32 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowned, sneaky little thing. Than he had an idea "how about I offer you information?"
*boop*

95 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Teddybear says...

Greed placed their cup back on the bar and leaned forward on their elbows. "What sort of information do you think I want?"

he/they

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:13 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James smiled, he gestured at the people in The Tavern "take your pick."
*boop*

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:32 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Amoku snatched the orange juice from the bartender, who was hastily passing it to Amoku. He strode over to the one called James and glared into his face with no particular reason except maybe that Amoku really, really, really hated humans, especially loud ones. In fact, he hated dragons, too, even though he was one. Amoku had a bad run-in with a human once and never forgot it. Such pestering creatures, always asking questions, jumping to conclusions, and doing stupid stuff.

Amoku walked off to a table and sat there with the orange juice, grumbling inwardly.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:35 pm
Teddybear says...

Greed's gaze followed Amoku even as they answered James. "Any information on these people I can get easily on my own. I hardly need your help with that."

he/they

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer