z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 am
SoggyPoptart says...

"Why not?" She stomped her foot like an angry toddler. "They are probably sick with worry! Julian, please just let me talk to Danni." She was pushing his buttons alright.

He looked at her. "No. Not yet, maybe a week alright?" he said.

Her big colorful eyes settled on him. "Then what are we suppose to do in the mean time, Hmm?"

He looked at her, as if she were joking. "Well, I don't know about you, but for me there are three options. Go to the bar, Go to the hotel room and sleep, or... Go to the bar. Which one do you think I'm heading to? Both sound like Heaven to me." He walked out of the resteraunt.

She stopped him. "Julian, you can't go to the bar. You'd have to show them your ID."

He stopped, "Angel, I have my ways. Or you know... We can always, oh, I dunno go back to the hotel room and... Waste time." He winked at her.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 am
*coco says...

Naya didn’t know how he could joke around at a time like this. They were on the news, who knows, probably all over papers too, and Julian was acting like everything was just peachy.

“Don't make fun out of me,” she swallowed. “I’m going back to the room, you do whatever you need to do...”

With that, she left him and headed for their door. With a swipe of the card, she entered inside and perched herself on the edge of her bed.

Her mind raced with thoughts. Julian could say whatever he wanted, but she knew that if she contacted her dad and told him what had happened, he’d be able to sort it. Naya's father had managed to get out of some pretty nasty situations himself over the years so a kidnap would be a walk in the park for him. But while she told herself this, a small doubt began creeping into the back of her mind. Her dad had always been a shrewd businessman, one that crossed a lot of people on his way to the top. It wouldn’t be surprising for the daughter of such a man, who had as many enemies as he did, to be a sitting target for kidnapping.

She immediately shook the thought from her head. She was being silly, she told herself. Those kidnappers had nothing to do with her father’s business. They were probably just an underground organisation; a grab the rich kids and get ransom kinda thing...

As she reassured herself with this thought, she decided to step into the shower for a while to clear her head. As she undressed and let the bathroom steam up, she tried not to wonder the panic and grief her parents, sister, and friends must be feeling at this moment in time; not knowing what had happened, where she was, and whether she was still alive...it would be enough to drive them all mad...
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Four hours ago, Julian had made a new friend. She was called The Sidewalk Slam. And, she was tasty. The best drink to get him drunk thee fastest. Yes, it worked. Julian had to be careful, in fact he wasn't even sure what was in that stuff. It was like drinking from a bag, and not knowing what to expect. He was very frusterated and he didn't know how to take in everything that was going on.

He staggered to the hotel, he was falling over his own feet. He hadn't gotten this drunk since... Last night! Wow, what a brilliant world. The lights of the hotel were illuminated. They were very beautiful. Julian threw open the door, and Naya jumpd up from where she was laying on the bed. She looked beautiful.

"Why wasn't the door locked?" Were the first words that sparked out of his mouth. "So many people are roaming around this place, it's a crime city. You should know better." He wagged his finger at her.

She stared at him like he had gone mad. "Are you drunk?" She growled.

"Pshh, Noooo." He tried to walk in a straightline. "I'm happy as ever!" He threw his arms out and broke a mirror with his hand. The mirror shattered and fell onto the floor. He looked at it, laughed. "Ooops."
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:30 am
*coco says...

Naya just stared at him as he looked down at the broken mirror. Letting out a growl of frustration, Naya grabbed a spare blanket from underneath her bed and used it to wrap up the shattered mirror pieces before rolling up the material and dumping it on the side.

“So, is this how you’re planning on getting our lives back to normal again, by getting yourself wasted on cheap hotel booze?”

Julian raised a drunken eyebrow at her. “You’re angry with me...” he slurred.

Naya couldn’t tell whether he was asking a question or making a statement, but she decided to answer it nonetheless.

“Of course I’m angry!” she shouted, not too loudly, but just enough to prove her point. “Unlike you, I want to get back to my family!”

“Oh, you will, don’t worry...” Julian waved off before Naya noticed his knees start to give way.

She quickly grabbed him and held him up just before he could fall to the floor. Letting out a deep sigh, she helped him gain balance.

“Come on,” she frowned, more annoyed then ever. “Lie down on the bed...”

“But I’m not tired,” she heard Julian slur.

Naya ignored him. She felt her feet stagger as his weight brought her down. Just as she managed to regain her balance, Julian’s legs came into contact with the foot of the bed, sending both him and Naya toppling onto the mattress...
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Aaaannnnd, just like that Julian was on top of Naya. It seemed like a math equation to him. She seemed like an equation all on her own. He didn't like math, but he loved the challenge of it. That was kind of the way he felt towards Naya. His arms were on either side of her head. They were both breathing hard. Julian brought his lips very close to hers. Before she said...

"Julian Anderson. Don't you dare..." She whispered. Her curls were pressed against a bleached pillow.

He laughed, "I love, a good dare." With that he pressed his lips to hers...

130 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:28 am
*coco says...

Naya’s eyes widened in an instinctive protest. She wanted to resist, she’d planned to, but forgetting for a moment; about Jace, about her family, she slowly felt herself falling limp under Julian’s weight. She could feel the muscles under his shirt tighten. It made her want to see what was under there. Unsurprisingly, it took several seconds, several long seconds, for her to realise that she needed to stop this before it got out of hand...which was exactly where it seemed to be going as she felt Julian-

“We can’t do this...” she breathed, finally breaking the kiss; she wasn’t ready for this at all. “You’re drunk,” she explained to him calmly. “You don’t know what you’re doing...”

She looked up to see Julian raise a mischievous eyebrow. “Yeah, I do,” he said matter of factly before moving his lips to her neck.

Naya’s heartbeat was accelerating quickly. She bit her bottom lip in exasperation, before shoving Julian away. Cheeks heavily flushed, she quickly stood up and attempted to compose herself, which was proving to be easier said than done, her heart was racing and a million and one butterflies were zooming around in her stomach. But she couldn’t let Julian know that. No way.

So she chose to disguise it. “I just don’t want you to do something you’ll later regret,” she explained to him with a smile that disguised her true reason.

Julian rolled over to face her with a surly look on his face like a spoilt kid who hadn’t gotten what he wanted for Christmas.

“Come on, don’t be such a wet blanket...” he moaned.

“Good night, Julian,” Naya ignored him before getting into bed, her heart still racing.

She really hoped he was wasted enough not to remember all this in the morning...

33 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian's breath hitched in the middle of the night, he heard guns being fired, evil laughter, harsh words, cries of pain and anguish, and thoughts that were his own. He felt as if her were falling into a never ending place, when he hit the pavement. Julian jolted awake, he looked around the room convinced that he had fallen asleep in their trailer. No such luck, it wasn't a dream. Someone had tried to kidnap them and maybe do worse. He shook his head, trying to clear all thoughts of this. He got up, realizing he was only wearing black briefs. He felt the ropes of his stomach clench. He bent down and shoved one leg into his pant, and then the other. He rubbed his forehead, regretting it instantly as he felt the stitches being tugged at. He looked around and saw Naya's head pressed against the pillow.

He may not love her, but he swore, the kidnappers would never get her. No matter what. Julian walked into the bathroom, not turning on the lights and spashed cold water on his face. He felt restless, he didn't know what to do. He didn't have any back up plans or anything. That annoyed him. He walked into the room, resting his bare torso against the door frame. He watched her chest rise and then fall. Something must have bothered her. She picked up her head, and squinted her eyes.

"Julian?" She said all sleepy, and well, sexy. "What are you doing?"

His green eyes caught light, his eyebrows crashed together. "Nothing... Go back to sleep." He growled. He pulled on a tight black t-shirt, boots and walked outside of the hotel, slamming the door. He needed the cold air. He pulled out a cigarette, lit it, and brought it to his lips. Dawn was due, in a good hour or so the skies were turning that beautiful purple and orange mixed together. Julian couldn't help but think what to do next, how to get them out of this situation...

130 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:59 pm
*coco says...

Naya sleepily watched Julian slam the door behind him. She was too mentally exhausted to follow him out and ask what was wrong. She figured his mind had only just managed to realise the gravity of their situation; the fact that they had nearly been kidnapped, the fact that their faces were all over the news...Rubbing her eyes wearily, she lowered her head back down to her pillow and tried to think of something, anything that could maybe help their situation, but the harder she thought, the less ideas came to mind.

Suddenly, she remembered the article that she’d been reading in Julian’s truck just before they were captured. The article Linda Anderson flustered over, the story about the kidnapped socialite Stacie May Harper. She remembered reading that she was kidnapped in the early hours of the morning. She was at the family’s holiday home in Miami when a group of Mexicans had broke into the house and beat her before shoving her into the back of their truck. Naya’s mind raced as she let the article trickle through her mind. Could those Mexicans who kidnapped Stacie May Harper have been the same kidnappers that tried to take her and Julian?

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:17 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian smoked about two cigarettes. He smoked and tried to think of a time when he was actually happy. When everything was alright. Nothing came to mind...

130 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 am
*coco says...

Naya woke the next morning to find Julian still hadn’t come back from wherever he went during the night. Panic rushed through her body as she pushed back her covers and got out of bed. Opening their motel room door, she peered out into the hallway. Random faces were just coming out of their rooms heading to the dining room for breakfast. Julian was nowhere to be seen.

Torn between leaving the safety of the motel room and wanting to find Julian, Naya went for option two. Avoiding eye-contact and keeping her head down, she stepped out into the hallway and began to walk down.

Suddenly a hand gripped her to a halt. Naya’s heart raced with fear as she turned to see who it was. To her relief it was Julian, he looked furious. Maybe she wasn’t relieved after all...

“Where the hell d’you think you’re going?” he asked. He was seething, he looked more angry than when he’d found out about Jace. It made Naya more than just nervous.

“I was going to look for you!” she argued. “You just disappeared in the middle of the night without telling me where you were going! I was....worried...”

Julian looked like he wanted to say something but he decided not to.

“You don’t ever leave the motel room on your own, do you hear me?” he fumed.

Naya swallowed. “Fine...” she answered before throwing him a look and turning on her heel to head back to their room, muttering 'ass hole' under her breath...

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 am
SoggyPoptart says...

He heard her mutter asshole before he walked into the hotel room behind her. He slammed the door, and locked it before turning to face her. She had her back turned.

He rolled his eyes, annoyed. "Look, I'm sorry I snapped at you, but we can't afford stupid movie mistakes okay?"

"What do you mean?" Her back still to him. She was folding clothes.

"You know, when someone steals you and I have to chase them but they get very far." He shrugged. He had let a lot of stress off when he had smoked.

Naya turned towards him. Looking as if something was off. "Do you smell smoke?" she asked.

Julian looked around. "Um... No." He lied.

She walked around the room trying to find the source of the scent. He didn't know if it bothered her or not. He better not ask. She went around smelling everything. She ended up smelling his chest. She had to get on her tip toes to reach his chest.

"It's... You? Julian, why do you smell like smoke." Storm clouds raced over her face.

He felt a smirk coming on. "What, baby, didn't know your hubby smoked?"

130 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 am
*coco says...

Naya looked up at him, horrified.

“I’m sorry, you what?” he may as well have told her he was gay.

“I smoke,” Julian repeated himself, a ghost of smirk on his face. “Been doing it for some time now...”

Naya wrinkled her nose. “That’s disgusting...”

Julian shrugged. “I find it’s a good stress release, actually...you should try it sometime...”

“I’d rather poke my eyes out with a spoon...” she said, before grabbing her deodorant can and spraying the room.

Julian continued to smirk as he walked past her, sending a whiff of the smell to Naya’s nose. Before she could stop herself, she sprayed him generously as he walked past.

Julian turned around and faced her with a look of disbelief. “You did not just spray me women’s deodorant...”

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 am
SoggyPoptart says...

He smelled like flowers... Like Effing flowers!!! Julian shot his best annoyed glance at her. It was all he had left. He looked through his bag and pulled out a can. It wasn't a deoderant bottle either. He smiled an evil smile and looked up at her.

Naya looked at it, and then at him. "What is that?"

Julian looked at it, then threw it to his other hand. "Oh, what? This? Oh, nothing... It's just uh... Shaving cream." He said, innocently. As if he were going to go shave.

She began to back away from him. "Julian, I mean, it was only to clear the smell out of the room." She kept backing away, Julian began to follow her as if she were his prey. He was the lion and she was the gazelle.

"Oh, okay sure, and this is to make sure you don't get too hairy on me." Julian put pressure on the handle and pointed the nozzle at her. Blue masculan shaving cream sprayed at Naya, he used it from head to toe. She screamed at the top of her lungs.

130 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 am
*coco says...

“OH MY FUC-” Naya stood frozen looking down at her now very blue body, unable to believe what Julian had just done. Her eyes whipped up to his face dangerously. “You...!”

Julian shrugged. “What about me, baby?” he asked cheerily.

Now it was Naya’s turn to seethe in anger. Before she could retaliate, there came a sudden knock on their door.

“Open up!” came a woman’s voice.

Naya froze.

“Well, open it then...” Julian told her.

Naya blinked at him in disbelief. “I’m covered in shaving cream, asshole, why don’t you open it!”

Julian perched on the edge of his bed and relaxed. “Nah, I’m alright, you go right ahead...”

It took every fibre of her being to stop herself from slapping him. Biting her bottom lip, and wiping away some of the shaving cream from her face and hands, she sheepishly opened the door.

The woman in question just stared at her.

“Oh my...” she gasped, taking in Naya’s appearance. “Are you alright? My husband and I are staying in the room next door and we heard screaming...”

Naya gave a strained smile. “Oh, everything’s just great...” she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice as she continued to wipe shaving cream off her face, before slamming the door shut and heading into the bathroom, not even trusting herself to look at that thing that was her husband...

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian smirked and layed down on the bed. He wasn't tired. Ha, that outta show her. He just relaxed. She was wiping all the shaving cream off. Yes, he had done well.

"You're an asshole." She growled.

He looked at her, "yes, and you are a stuck up tart. So we're even." He said, it was more of a joking tone that a real serious tone. He was just joking with her. He really wanted to go home.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec