z

Young Writers Society

This Is the Day That We Die

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:17 pm
View Likes
Alice says...

"I still think it'd be best if you went back to your own camp," Kenaran said.

"I agree," Aren said.

"We shouldn't send her away," Amanta aruged, "we can use all the healers we can get!"

"She's not of the forest nation, nobody will trust her here."

"And like I said I'm not a convert."

"They don't have to know that do they?" Amanta asked, and then slightly tired still she leaned against Luke.
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:44 pm
Rydia says...

Luke

"Let's take a vote," I suggested, refusing to raise my voice above their argument but the cold, steady tone seemed to have the desired affect. There were reluctant nods.

"Wait a second, there are six of us. What do we do if it's a tie?" Silver demanded.

"Fine. Dahlia doesn't get to vote," Kenran decided.

"Hey, that's not fair," Dahlia protested but, after another heated discussion, it was decided that was exactly how it would be.

"All in favour of Dahlia returning to the mountain, raise your hand," I said. Kenran and Aren seemed equally enthusiastic to raise their hands though both for different reasons I presumed. And then they glanced across at Silver who suddenly looked hesitant.

"Actually, now that she's here, we might as well use her..." he mused.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:15 am
Alice says...

"So its settled then," AManta said, "she's staying."

"Great," she said.

"Now we are all a little short on sleep," Amanta comented, "lets get as much as we can before the entire camp wakes up." She gave a yawn and leaned against Luke more. Chastizing herself for it, but she didn't move away.
I just lost the game.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:17 am
Writers_Block says...

I'm still here, so you two arn't alone- just in case you where wierded out. I'm just kinda busy with a pretty promiceing short story, so I'm dedicating most of my time to that, I will try to become more active as of Wendsday (I have visitors)
If you believe in Bartemius, put him in your siggy!: @(^_^)@

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:32 am
ELven-Maiden says...

*I'm here too. It's awesome that this is back up, but it doesn'ts seem to be going anywhere, so if we could find some sort of purpose or plot, that would be nice. Or we could just see how everything comes out. I've gotten really busy, so Mostly I'll be here on the weekends. This is all I can post for now. Hopefullly i can get on tomorrow and help this get going again.*
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I am here and agree with EM *

Aren looked around, she was tired too and it didn't make any sense to just sit around and wear herself out anymore. She quickly found a quiet place to sleep, curled up and passed out.

**Sorry it is short**
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 am
Rydia says...

Okay so we need some sort of plot line. Hmmm. Clearly one of the nations has to declare war on one of the others and our group will be mostly against it and can maybe try to stop the war? Or all team up against the Desert nation who have suddenly gone crazy and decided to attack everyone?
Writing Gooder

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:35 pm
Billy says...

Mind if I join? I just finished reading it and thought I might try for a Desert character. And I agree with the idea of the Desert going crazy, it seems fairly likely to me, or there could be some conspiracy behind the war that your characters are trying to stop.

Name= Vailin
Gender= Male
Age= 23
Country= Desert
Occupation= Warrior
Appearance= Very tall and athletic, with almost black skin. He has pale brown, yellowish eyes. He is bald.
Personality= Vailin is extremely serious, wih an overdeveloped sense of honour. He is extremely patriotic, and serving his country is the most honourable thing he feels he can do. He despises the sea, because he finds their cocept of stealthiness dishonourable, the Forest because of their archers, and the Mountain because of their use of dark magic. He believes the war is the best way to cleanse the land of dishonour.
Weapons/Armour: He fights with a pair of tulwars, and wears little armour, prefering to rely on his agility to defend himself.
History= He joined the army voluntarily after several years of training by his father. He is very loyal to the Prince, often working directly for him. His father was recently killed by a Forest Archer.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

52 Reviews

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:33 am
ELven-Maiden says...

*Sure, Billy, you can join. I like the idea of the Desert going beserk, but they still have pretty small armies...maybe they, like, force people from other countries into their army, or slaves, or something? Or would that get a little too complicated?*
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

That might work. They could have been planning for a while too so maybe they have developed huge machines and such?
Writing Gooder

41 Reviews

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 pm
Billy says...

*They could draw on sympathists in other countries, people who think that life under the desert might be better for some reason. And they could use slaves and such as fodder, or to build war machines and stuff. Or the Prince could secretly be using a bunch of wizards to brainwash people into wanting to fight in his army. I don't think it would get too complicated, it would basically result in the Desert having more options open to them, which would make them a tougher opponent for the main group.*

Wide-eyed stupid.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:21 pm
Rydia says...

Okay, let's resume posting and see where it goes.

Dahlia

I wasn't quite as tired as the others but it would have been unsafe for me to explore the camp on my own so I settled down in a pile of blankets and drifted to sleep.

"Luke?" a voice called. "Hey Luke!"

"Where do you suppose he could be?" Another voice asked. This one female.

"With his girlfriend. I haven't seen her around either," the first laughed softly. They were getting closer. Hurrying over to the one I thought to be Luke, I shook him gently, waking the girl who was with him too.

"What..."

"There's two people looking for you," I hissed as the female voice spoke again -

"It's not like him to be missing when there's important news."

41 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:42 am
Billy says...

Vailin stood apart from the other warriors, fuming silently. The Prince had forbade him from taking part in the first charge, holding him back with the elites. The first major battle they would have with the Forest, his chance to take revenge for his father, and he wasn't in the first charge. He watched with no small degree of interest as the engineers prepared the new machines. The Forest had no idea what was in store for them.

Wide-eyed stupid.

52 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:47 am
ELven-Maiden says...

Kenran stayed up late in his tent, trying to focus his mind on the bird he was carving, but his mind kept wandering. He had told the captain that the Mountain had no surprises planned. The mountain girl, he explained, was just a spy. And he had no idea why the Forest helped to free her.

He gasped as the knife slipped and cut his finger, then sighed and put the wooden bird in his pocket. Then he stood and started out, keeping to the shadows. He wanted to talk to someone--just for the sake of talking--and he didn't know any of the Sea's men.

Also, something didn't feel right.
GO HORACE!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:17 am
Kitty says...

Can I join?

Name: Ellie

Appearance: Slim and Curvy yet very muscular; Blonde hair usualy pulled back into a tight braid on tucked into a hat and blue-green eyes; Unlike most people from her country

Personality: Serious yet outgoing

History: Peasant; Drafted at a young age; Misses brother who doesn;t know she was drafted.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil