The 13th Hunger Games---Starting

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 am
ShootingStars says...

Malaya Shearvine, District 7 female tribute: DAY 1, LATE AFTERNOON
Spoiler! :
Health: 77/100, Hunger: 97/100, Thirst: 62/100
Also, another post about Reed is on the previous page. It's the last post.

Malaya gripped her axe tightly when Edur and Luce came over to her, sure she was about to become dead meat. What a silly way to die, she thought. Her eyes begged the two standing over her to spare her life, but what they did instead shocked her. They gave her food and helped her ankle.

"Thank you," she whispered when they were done. "You never see stuff like that in the Hunger Games."

"Will your ankle be okay?" Edur asked, standing.

She nodded. "I'll just rest it for now. Somehow I'll manage to be safe for the night."

Luce studied her with a serious expression, but said nothing.

As much as Malaya wanted them to stay, she knew they should get a move on again. After all they had done, she couldn't put them in harm's way by keeping them here. "You should go now. It's not safe."

Edur slightly nodded in understanding. His face was grave. "You know how you said that you don't usually see people spare each other's lives in the Games? Well, me and Luce aren't like that."

Malaya forced a weak smile. "I know."

Luce and Edur turned away, and took off running once more, disappearing in the foliage in a matter of moments. Malaya was left laying there, staring up at the sun as it set. Night was coming.
---------------------------------

Jordan Pierre, if you don't post about your character by Wednesday, the others in the SB have the right to kill your character. Sorry, but this is the way that it has to be. I've given you a lot of chances in PMs and posts.
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 pm
SirTobes says...

Spoiler! :
Are we allowed to post yet?
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

37 Reviews

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:48 pm
ShootingStars says...

Yes, sorry. :D You can post.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 am
Jaden G. says...

Des~ District 10

I started to head toward the tree when Reed stopped me.

"Des?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"I'm scared out of my wits right now." A few tears dropped from her eyes, but she wiped them away. I didn't know how to react. On the one hand I was so relieved and grateful that I wasn't the only one terrified. Reed seemed so strong even though she was younger. On the other hand, I started feeling the responsibility of my age.

In an effort to offer some comfort, I moved closer to Reed and gave her a hug, pulling her close. "I know, I am, too," I admitted shakily. "We're gonna get through it, okay?"

Reed nodded. "Thank you. You're like a sister to me."

Like a sister. Those words rang in my head like a bell. Blinking back tears to keep them from falling, I barely noticed the small shadow dropped down from the sky. It was a little silver parachute.

I picked the object up from the ground and, with the help of Reed, untangled the mess of strings attaching it to the parachute. It was a canteen. Thinking it was empty, I shook it and found there was something solid inside.

"From Kurr?" asked Reed.

"Or Ilija, or any of our mentors really. What's inside?" I unscrewed the cap and shook the canteen upside down. A few white pills landed in Reed's outstretched hand.

"What are they?" I asked.

"It's medicine. They look generic..."

"Well that's good. We can give them to Ryder and Fiske," I smiled, the nurse in me kicking in.

"We don't know what kind of medicine it is."

"Yeah, but if our mentors sent it then it has to be helpful," I reasoned. "They even sent us a canteen to drink them down with."

I don't think Reed was totally convinced, but it was better than nothing. We filled the last canteen full and scrambled up the tree. Fiske had already tied Ryder down so he wouldn't fall out from hacking up a lung.

"Here," I handed him and Fiske the pills.

"What are these?" Ryder asked suspicously.

"They're medicine. Take it and you'll hopefully feel better."

"Where'd you get them?" asked Fiske.

"They fell out of the sky," I answered truthfully. They didn't look too willing to take them. "The mentors sent them. Do you want to get better or not?"

I finally got them to swallow the little white capsules; two for each of them. We had plenty of water to last a while and we were hopefully safe in the tree. Now all we had to do is wait for morning to come. It was the longest night I've ever endured.

Spoiler! :
Health 90/100 Hunger 94/100 Thirst 89/100

Spoiler! :
If it helps, the pills weren't dangerous or anything, but neither were they helpful to the current situation. You fill in the blanks. ;) Especially with tomorrow coming...
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

14 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 am
SirTobes says...

Edur
Spoiler! :
OMG! I am seeing the movie in two hours! 6.30 Screening! Got early tickets! Eeeeeeek!

Edur and Luce had been walking for over an hour and Edur was nearly dying from thirst and hunger. He sluggish and terrible, but he had to carry on. For Luce.

They were looking for either, something to eat, drink or a safe place to rest. In a short clearing they saw a body, and walked over to see who it was. It was a boy, and Edur was sure he had seen him before. He didn't know his name, but he knew he was from District 3. He had a knife, sticking out of his chest, and blood pouring out of his mouth. His eyes were wide, as if they were scared, or shocked. His mouth was open and he had lost his tongue.
His feet and legs were mangled and he had no right arm. It was a terrible sight.

Luce walked over to Edur who was standing there staring at him. She snuggled in next to him and Edur put his arms around her, noticing she was crying into his chest.
He picked her up and carried her away, with her arms around his shoulders,
holding tightly. He had to keep her alive, she was too precious to let go. But when he did, either through his own death, or her death, she was still beautiful, and Edur thought for the first time ever he loved someone.

Spoiler! :
This is so intense! Jordan's character is now dead (I had to), and Edur and Luce are making some serious connections. But I am going to Europe on Saturday (exciting, but I have to miss this!), so can you take over Edur stargazer?
Anyway.
HEALTH: 78/100 HUNGER: 68/100 THIRST: 65/100

Previously Just Toby

Reviews: 3
Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:43 pm
hungergameslover says...

Veronica
"Why did they not work? They said they would work." Veronica was trying hard to fight tears. " He is going to die cause the stupid pills don't work." Veronica gets up and starts to paste around the room. We have to do something. I can not sit here and watch them die." She looks at the other mentors. " I have a plan. But I need your help."

37 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
ShootingStars says...

Kurr, District 11 mentor: DAY 1, EARLY NIGHT

Kurr studied Veronica as she spoke. She had told him the plan before, but he knew it couldn't possibly work. Could it? After all, there were more mentors than there were Gamemakers...

The man turned away to watch his tributes for a bit. He was glad that Reed was safe for the night, but Edur was still searching for a safe place to rest. That worried Kurr. Luce and Edur needed water and food, and since they had won over a sponsor or two with the brief romance show, and with Malaya, Kurr felt they deserved something. He tapped a button on the slim remote in his hand that was labeled "parachute for tributes." The mentor smiled, then turned to Veronica again.

As Kurr listened to the District 12 woman, he spoke into his mentor headset, telling the sponsors Edur was to be sent crackers and beef strips. Hopefully Luce's mentor could send the duo water if they didn't find it soon. There was a pond near the two they could use, only if they found it. It was almost time for the tributes to find out who has died by the faces in the sky. Edur needed to hurry.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:51 am
Jaden G. says...

Ilija- District 10 mentor

Veronica spoke to all the mentors about her plan. It was as if she was asking to get arrested.

"It would never work," he retorted gruffly.

"Why not? You know what's coming soon for all our tributes. Plus, why didn't those blasted meds work?" she almost screamed.

"Get ahold of yourself!" he hissed, glancing towards the box where the gamemakers were stationed and the other box where the capitol representatives were seated. The mentors didn't need any unwanted attention.

"Those pills," he continued, "were not for illnessess. They were supposed to help them in the upcoming trial. Keep their sanity in check. Your boy will be fine, but I'm now more worried about those girls."

She glared at him. "We need to act now. We all want this over."

"And you want a death sentence. We are here to make sure our tributes can survive long enough, hopefully with their dignity still intact."

"I know what the games are like. If we don't do something--"

"And I have known much worse fates," he interrupted. "The best we can do is help our tributes live as long as possible. Do you have so little faith in Ryder that he won't make it?"

"He's sick."

"So is this whole event." Ilija walked away from the group, hopefully to get a quieter view of the games on the screen.

'Come on, Des. You can make it.' he thought before talking into his headset.

"Get me those sponsors again. We're going to need more drinking water."

"You could've been a little easier on her," said a lower voice. Ilija looked up and saw Kurr, 11's mentor. He remembered the kindness between his tribute and Des.

"You know just as well as I do that her ideas wouldn't help in the least."

"Probably not. But whose to say they would totally fail?" That question remained in Ilija's head for the remainder of the evening.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

14 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:12 am
MariaRowlands says...

Can I please Join???? This is my profile.
Name: James Rinken
District Number: 2
Which one? Tribute or Mentor: Tribute
Appearance/ Picture:
Xander Cross.jpg
James Rinken
Xander Cross.jpg (4.2 KiB) Viewed 206 times

Personality: Silent
Abilities: Agile, incredible speed, can come up with great battle stratagies and is a silent fighter.
Strengths/ Weaknesses: Is silent and great at hand to hand combat but can't use wepons very well.
Background Story: Her mother never liked her because she was a girl (she wanted a boy that's the reason she has a boy name) and her father loved her and taught her everything she knows.
Up for Love: Not yet.
Tribute's Symbol: ? I don't understand
Other: Has a dagger in her sock.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:41 am
CeruleanBlaze says...

Spoiler! :
@toby Aw, sweet! You are so lucky, hope you have fun in Europe :) Anyways, if you checked on your wall *hint hint* you'll see that I already said sure, I'd love to be your substitute.

Luce Avery - 8 DAY 1, NIGHT

Health: 75/ Hunger: 70/ Thirst: 62

I leeched onto Edur and for a moment we just stood still, breathing in each other, trying to keep one another from falling apart.

I squeezed my red, puffy eyes tight and croaked out to him, "What are we going to do?" That could have been one of us. It was something that shouldn't, couldn't be said yet the realization of it still hung in the air.

Sad, teal eyes looked back at me and he tried to give me a smile, a heartbreakingly bitter one, that is.

Suddenly new tears found its way to my eyes again.

I roughly rubbed my eyes and sucked in a deep breath. Though the lack of his warmth physically hurt, I still pulled away, pacing back and forth, brows furrowed in a frown. Okay, we needed water, fast. And food. The hook, rope, threadbare blanket and the remaining crumbs of a sorely missed wholewheat bun wasn't much use to us right now.

"There was a lake somewhere here right?" I mumbled absentmindedly, still pacing in a small, hysterical circle.

"Maybe we can fish or something and get some water...and we could - ah...oh man..." I groaned.

I lifted my foot and through the moonlight, saw the glistening shine of blood running down my ankle. Edur snapped out of it and came up to me, concern lighting up his eyes.

"It's nothing," I said, brushing it off, "Just a small cut. Mum always said I bleed like a fountain," I smiled weakly.

Edur didn't seem very amused. Instead, he reached for my pack and after a few moments of blind rummaging, found the blanket, tore a strip off and tied it around my ankle.

He sighed and looked at me through heavy, tired lids, "You worry me sometimes."

Straightening up, he suggested that we find a place to stay for the night, near a tree perhaps. Numbly, I nodded submissively and eventually we found an old yet sturdy oak that had strong, welcoming branches sprouting out from its side. We settled at the trunk, surrounded by shrubs and other undergrowth. I found my place at the crook of his arm and wrapped the useless blanket around us tightly. We needed water and food soon.

I looked up and my heart gave a small lurch.

Oblivious to the slaughter below them, the stars still shined so brilliantly. Wistfully, I wondered if Alen saw the same stars too.

Where was he?

Spoiler! :
An infection seems like a pretty lame way to die, but I couldn't think of anything today. I will kill her off soon with maybe something melodramatic like self sacrifice or falling of a cliff XD Haha, we'll see.

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:55 am
ShootingStars says...

There *is* a cliff in the arena. You can see it if you go to the DT.

14 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:59 pm
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Spoiler! :
In reply to the post on your wall. Tomorrow (Friday) I may be able to post, but definitely on Saturday, I will not be posting then because my plane leaves at 3 AM.
Oh, and saw the movie last night! OMG! It was perfect! 5 stars!!!!

Edur

Edur looked over at Luce, noticing the deep cut on her ankle. Worry filled his eyes like a storm, and he rushed over to Luce's bag and pulled out a blanket, ripped it into a smaller piece, and wrapped it around her slowly.
He stood up, and looked at Luce, his mouth turning up like her was deep in thought.
He turned away, and wandered around slowly.

There was a sharp beeping noise coming from the sky. Edur looked up and noticed a parachute drifting in the wind towards them. Edur's eyes filled with joy and he looked across at Luce, who was in turn looking at him with a smile. 

The parachute landed and the two wandered over to it. Luce bended down and opened it. Inside was some crackers, beef strips and a note from Kurr.
Edur grabbed it and read it.
Keep going, find water.
-K

Edur smiled, and grabbed some of the food from Luce.  He popped the crackers into his mouth and crunched down hard. They tasted like sweet rain in the winter, and it immediately filled him with happiness. He put the rest of the crackers into his bag and gave the pork strips which were untouched yet to Luce to put in her bag.

Satisfied, they stood up and took off at a brisk pace, in search of water. 
Spoiler! :
HEALTH: 80/100 HUNGER: 85/100 THIRST:70/100

Previously Just Toby

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 pm
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute: DAY 1, NIGHT
Spoiler! :
Health: 96 of 100, Hunger: 94 of 100, Thirst: 91 of 100

The Capitol anthem faded and the faces of the tributes who had died on the first day disappeared from the sky where they were projected. The night sky grew dark again, the chorus of cricket squeaks and frog chirps resuming. Reed lay in a somewhat-comfortable fork in the branches of the tree, staring through the deep green lacy leaves. About nine tributes had died on the first day. Reed sighed. She pulled her backpack onto her chest like a blanket, before glancing over at Fiske. Even though it was dark, it seemed to her that Fiske was asleep. She was glad. He needed his sleep, and that's why she volunteered for the first look-out for their tree.

Reed shifted positions on the thick branches thinking about the Hunger Games. That's when she started to sing. It was in a low, quiet voice, but it was still pretty. She hit the first note clearly and crisply. "If I die young, bury me in satin," she sang. "Lay me down in a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song." Her beautiful, soft notes filled the tree tops. She stopped when Fiske sat up. Reed couldn't see his facial expressions as he talked.

"You have a nice voice," he said, a little sleepily.

"Thank you," she responded sheepishly. "I didn't know you were awake."

Fiske smiled. "It's comforting." He lay back down, nestling up on his branch. The belt tugged at his waist.

Reed bit her lip to keep from welling up with tears again. She needed to stay strong.
--------------------------
A few hours later, it was Fiske's turn to keep watch. She was grateful when she was finally able to rest. Reed closed her eyes and slowly drifted to sleep, dreaming of Alen, her family, and the fear of eventually meeting death.

She didn't know it, but as she was asleep, the arena was gradually getting hotter...

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am
hungergameslover says...

Veronica
" Do you have little faith is me. I am sorry I care. I can say that I am really suprised that you all do not feel as I do. You know how this has effected our lives and people. I can not go and watch them die. Do you reall want to see Des and Reed get killed. There can only be one winner. I know that. What have one when you can have all." The other mentors looked at there tributes. " We were there to. You all know what our strengths are. I know where the gamemaker's room is. I have been in it before." The mentors faces looked up.
" Not possible." they said.
" I can trick a guard. It does not take much. I know how I am going to do this. I need three things. One, a knife, does not have to be a good one, but I have to be able to hurt someone with it. Two, I need you to distract the other Gamemakers. Get them when they are drunk. Last, if I do not make it back. You know what I need you to send Ryder what he needs to get better. I have it, but send it to him when he needs it most. This kind of sickness does not go away."
She looked aroung the room. " Please help. I am the only one in danger here. "

37 Reviews

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 pm
ShootingStars says...

Recenio Allack, Head Gamemaker: DAY 1, LATE NIGHT

Recenio paced back and forth in the Gamemaker control room, chewing his lip.

"Sir, it seems like even the Careers are asleep now," one of Recenio's fellow Makers informed the head man, looking over the digital map in front of him. "No tributes are moving."

Recenio stopped pacing and walked to the wrap-around table where the floating map was stationed. It was true. None of the kids in the arena were up and going. He knew he had to get some action started before the Capitol audience, or even the President, grew bored. The Head Gamemaker ordered a burly man at a panel of electronic controls to unleash three more mutated wolves into the arena. That made a total of six beasts altogether loose in the Games.

"Send one in by the pond, another near that District 7 girl, and one in the small mountain area close to the Careers. See if that gets them moving." The man turned to another panel labeled "Arena Temp." Its current setting then was on 76 degrees fahrenheit. Recenio chuckled to himself as he flipped a switch, moving the temperature up to 98 degrees. "Initiate arena drought!" he ordered. The others in the large, circular room obeyed. The Maker watched the screen over the next hour as trees began dying, water sources dried up, and wolves were on the prowl in the darkness.

Smiling, Recenio moved a wolf creature's coordinates close to Edur and Luce. He could see on the massive digital map that those two allies were by the foursome of Des, Ryder, Reed, and Fiske, and he wanted them to find each other and break out in a bloody fight. Recenio needed something to push the District 11 boy and 8 girl to the other four. Why not wire the scaly wolf for a chase through the woods, forcing the duo to the Gamemaker's desired destination?

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink