z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders II: Revenge of the Riders (started, accepting)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:17 pm
Sunshine says...

This sounds REALLY interesting! Can I join? Would it be wrong if I entered my charecter into all of this? Sounds like it's ok I'll just delete later if you want.

Human
Name: Shauna Kevelyn
Appearance: Shauna is black, with long black hair tied in a single braid down her back. She stands at about 5'4. Shauna has red scars running down her right arm from her elebow across her thumb. She has strange Hazel eyes and long lashes. Pale, thin lips and strong, muscular arms.
Picture: (optional. Please put in 'spoiler', so it doesn't take up to much room
Personality: Shauna may seem strong on the outside, but is really weak and fragile on the inside. She is soft-spoken and doesn't trust very easily.She'll be fiericly loyal to a cause, but you'll have to convince her that it's worth it. Hates the shadows. *More throughout story*
History: Shauna's town was burned when the war started. Her parents and siblings died and she was left with scars. She spent some time living in a cave where she met her dragon, Oak. He's pretty muched raised her. They decided to come help out when they heard the Dragon Riders had lost.
Dragon Type: (Please list Dragon's element, and your power because of it (No making up your own, just restate what the power is from what I wrote. Just to be fair))Earth can minupulate dirt and plants
Connection with Dragon: (good, bad, unbearable, amazing, ect. describe it!) He's like a parent to her. He's always there for her and he's also the only one she'll argue with.
Likes/Dislikes: She dislikes the Shadows because of what they did to her and her family. Also doesn't like quite people, even though she is one. Her likes include nature and helping people.
Flaws/Good Points: Her flaws are her inner smushy center and her quite tendancies. Her good points would be her loyalness and ,well it depends, her ferocity toward the evil people.
Habits: She tends to go for walks or rides to think or when she's in conflicting emotions.
Other: Maybe up for love. Not sure. Probaly would go crazy if she saw one from the "Other Side".

Dragon
Name: Oak
Element: Earth
Appearance: Oak is A deep brown color with leaf green eyes. He has a flat head and a long, finlike tail.
Personality: He is overly protective of Shauna and will do almost everything for her. He is wise and calm. He hates war and really doesn't want to be at the camp. He was popular among Dragons but when his spouse died, he retreated into a cave and has been shy ever since.
Other: No way and no how up for love.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Kelcia says...

Manarian

Bree, it seemed, was taking matters into her own hands. She was there, confidently defying Eighth, and Manarian was proud of her. The old Bree was back with a vengeance. But Manarian was also frustrated. He couldn’t soar in the sky, fighting his own battles. He was behind Bree, who didn’t need his help at the moment.

It was irritating. He wanted to feel like he was doing something. So he did. He notched an arrow in his bow, and began to fire down unto unsuspecting Shadows. He could sense Bree fighting, and Nuk dodging attacks, but he was completely focused on the task at hand.

One, two, three shadows dead and their Dragons writhing in agony, dropping from the sky. Manarian felt a pang, but there was no time, no time…

A sharp pain in his shoulder made him cry out. Looking up, he saw that one of the Shadows had taken up his tactic.

There was a long feathered arrow imbedded deep in his shoulder. He swore, yanking the shaft out. His shoulder hurt; he could barely continue shooting. But he did, and the shadow who had wounded him received a slightly more fatal arrow in his gut. He tumbled out of the sky, past Eighth. Manarian returned to shooting, grimacing.

The fight had only just begun. Things were going to get a whole lot worse.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 am
ScarlettFire says...

Zara:

Malachi. I'd almost forgotten about him. I almost stepped back, my eyes on Fitz. "Don't worry, Fitz," I told him. "I won't listen." And then I did something that confused and startled both of use. I kissed him.

"Zara..." he said when I broke it off.

I shook my head. "For luck..." Then I stepped back, eyes on Malachi. He'd used me as much as Eighth had and I wasn't going to let him do it again. Throwing the other rider a smirk, I ran for it, calling for Roshan. My dragon appeared out of no where, landing in front of me.

"Where are you going, Zara?" Malachi called, completely unconcerned about Fitz standing between him and me.

"I'm going to finish what I started," I called back. Fitz spun round to face me, shocked. "I'm going to kill Eighth." And probably die in the process but it didn't matter. As long as Eighth was dead too. But first I had to find her.

Suddenly, Malachi threw himself at Fitz. I almost jumped off my dragon then and there, but I knew better. Fitz could handle himself. They were still fighting when Roshan took off. I kept an eye out for Eighth, but didn't see her. I was definitely going to kill her if I got the chance.

I frowned, scanning the dragons in the air. Come to think of it, I couldn't see Manarian or Bree either. Damnit, she was probably hiding their battle somehow. As one of the shadow riders flew past, aiming to harm me, I snatched his dagger off him, cutting his throat in the process. Dragon and rider fell to the ground. Fury bubbled up and I sighed. I hated to kill, even if it was the enemy.

"Roshan, do you see them?" I asked. Roshan shook her head. Damnit, where were they?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:42 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I will try to post when I can. I just ask that people keep my character even a little bit active... I am on my way to Florida for a week and a half to two weeks - 7 hour drive, and no plan on what we're doing while we're down there. But I'll get on when I can!***
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

24 Reviews

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 pm
Kelcia says...

Jesus, you guys, I've been slack. Sorry. Here, it's the holidays, so let's see if we can't get a bit of action in, hm? (BTW, Happy Holidays!)

Manarian

Storm clouds were gathering around Nukpano and Phobos, hiding their riders’ furious battle.The cold dampness of the cloud was oddly at ends with the crackling electricity and the screams of battle. Manarian could hardly tell how Bree was able to fend off attacks, let alone see, in the swirling, crackling lightning storm. But, then again, she was a Storm rider.

Manarian, on the other hand, could see next to nothing in the swirling vortex. That hardly mattered though. The wound in his shoulder was bleeding rather alarmingly, and he had been forced to pause in the attack, to try and stem the flow before he bled to death, which, despite the situation, would be an unsatisfying and anti-climatic end.

He looked up, and as Nuk executed a particularly violent counterattack, the clouds parted for a moment, revealing a flash of red dragon scales, and a very familiar rider.

“Bree,” he called to his companion, although he wasn’t sure if she would hear him. “Zara, on your left!”
Last edited by Kelcia on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:14 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth-

"Did you miss me?" I sneered, Bree sending a lightning bolt inches from Phobos. I hopped off his back onto the ground. Advantages were unnecessary. I watched as the girl descended, storm clouds billowing, forming a type of unnaturally thick fog. I could hardly see, but it was hardly a disadvantage. I flashed back to my youth as a Rider. Blindfolded, being kicked left and right until I coughed blood. "You must learn to anticipate, girl! Fight back!" my first trainer had been merciless. After a broken nose and a fit of spasms, I had learned to anticipate. Fog was like a blindfold. It was hardly an impediment.

I heard the telltale whistle of an arrow, and rolled to the side. I could sense the girl about to strike.
"Coward. Show your face. Fight with honour." I called.
"And when have you ever?" she hissed, appearing in front of me. A sword slashed, and I barely managed to flip backwards and twist it out of her hands with my foot. I threw a dagger carelessly, and it whistled by her.

Her sword slashed, and I parried it with mine, whipping out of my back holster. I sent a wave of fear at her, and she shuddered, almost stopping.
"Are you sure you're ready for it all to end, my dear?" I whispered. "Because only one side will emerge victorious from this battle." I slashed, and she managed a parry, along with a sharp kick to my face. I felt blood begin to trickle from my nose.
"You will never win. This is revenge." She cried, slashing at me again. She had improved. I hadn't met so worthy an opponent in a long time. To fight through the fear was nearly impossible, and yet she did so. From behind me, I heard I roar. I turned to see Zara's dragon.
"There you are." she said, almost grinning. I looked her over, and flipped to the side to barely avoid another attack from Bree. Zara looked weak, but I could only take on so many at once. Things had just gotten interesting.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

24 Reviews

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Kelcia says...

(Are we on Dragons, or on foot?)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

(on foot now)

Zara & Roshan:

She dodged my attack when I finally found her---facing Bree on the ground. I let Roshan land a few feet away and jumped off the dragon's back. She growled and blew fire. I turned back to her, taking my eyes off Eighth and Bree.

Be careful, Zara, Roshan told me sending a blast of warmth with the words. I smiled, eyes closed.

"You're the best, Roshan," I whispered and turned away, running to join the fight. I noticed Manarian off to one side. He was in his own battle--with another shadow rider. I kept running towards Eighth.

And that was when Malachi grabbed me. "Got you," he said, sounding quite pleased with himself. I panicked, looking for Fitz. Where was he?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm
View Likes
MilkNCookies says...

Lily Sorry guys, been really busy, but here I am!

I glanced down to see if anyone needed help. Bree was fighting heavily with someone...Fitz was as well... Zara seemed to be trapped.

Should we help her? I asked Naj.

Um... let's just try to distract him or something. Naj suggested.

Fine, but let's get moving! Naj swirled down, aimed for the ground like an arrow. He pulled up at the last possible moment, headed for the man.

Naj's giant claws barely tapped his back, but it was enough for him to turn around. Like lightning, his sword came up to chop my arm. it burned, hard enough for me to cry out.

Go back! I urdged.

No! You're hurt!

GO BACK! Hefollowed orders, a bit hesitantly. I managed to nick him with my dagger before the man yanked me from Naj's back onto the uncomfortable dirt. It gave Zara the split second chance to run, while he was focused on bringing me down. She took it, vanishing from view.

I was at this man's mercy, now.

Spoiler! :
just so you know, she isn't dead; the arm thing is just broken or something.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

164 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 am
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Sorry for my absence. Everything JUST slowed down...ugh...***

Fitz

He panted, running over to where Malachi had captured Zara. Again. This was out of control; they were outmatched here. All it had taken Malachi was a few swift manuevers, planting a blow across Fitz's head and slicing his shoulder, and he had escaped! So simple! Why couldn't he keep up, then, having been a soldier for a couple years?

His thought process broke when Lily and her dragon swooped down, distracting Malachi. He seemed even more infuriated now, and deftly pulled her off the fleeing beast. She looked up at him, terrified. Fitz could see both expressions; Malachi was willing to kill, now.

Fitz bolted, charging forward. Zara was safe, Lily was not... Malachi lifted his sword high, in an executioner's stance; Fitz dove, thrusting his sword over Naj's head and body. The blades clashed violently, sparks showering the girl.

"Don't just sit there! Get up!" Fitz urged her. The Shadow Rider snarled, attacking them with renewed bloodthirst. Fitz stepped between them, giving her time to recover.
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

49 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 pm
View Likes
MilkNCookies says...

um... Ayumi? Either I'm confused, or you totally ignored my post... Sorry!

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

164 Reviews

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I think we're both confused. I'm on the same side as Zara; I wouldn't be attacking her. Last post I was mentioned in, I was supposed to be fighting Malachi... In Scarlett's post, he had somehow gotten away from my character... What's your charrie's most recent activity? Maybe we can figure this all out.***

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 am
ScarlettFire says...

((She distracted Malachi so Zara could escape. You would be rescuing her then, I suppose?))

164 Reviews

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 pm
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Perhaps... Sorry about all this. I've been having to write either really early or really late...ugh... I'll fix it.***

49 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 am
View Likes
MilkNCookies says...

Lily Dragon's name is Naj, but it's ok!

The sparks showered over me as my savior fought with the man. I quickly got up, not sure if I should leave or stay. Naj flew in from above.

Are you insane?! He growled.

It's possible. I replied nonchalantly. I swung onto Naj's back. Stay around her, in case he needs our help again.

That's what almost killed you the first time!

But I survived.

You are so... angering! HE hissed, though he hovered, barely out of scratching-range.

~Dr.Seuss.

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria