Reviews: 590
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Coffeeism, do you want to post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He looked at the faces of the others in the group.

"We need another option," he said. He wasn't sure if he was talking to himself or to them, but he hoped his comment would spur someone to come up with an idea. He could hear more of the floating trees come crashing to the ground in the distance - the noises were starting to get a little too close for comfort.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:00 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Helenah shook her head slowly. "This is nuts." she muttered.

"If I die, how will I tell Mum that I broke her vase?" she gasped. "But... If I could still live, then..."

She twirled a strand of her hair in between her fingers. "I guess it's worth a shot." she looked up.
*insert quirky signature here*

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:58 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

"I could push people..?" Dae mumbled. It was an idea born of desperation, not practicality or logic. Sure, certain forms of his allowed him easier movement in zero gravity, but the only ones that could push someone around were larger, and less adept at moving around. If only he had a way to combine both-

That last thought caused an idea to form in his head. It wasn't necessarily a good idea, but hey; they were running out of options.

"What if you all held onto each other?" He proposed. "Then I could fly at you all in one dragon form, then change to another one, keep the momentum, and ram into you guys to propel you?"

Again, not a good idea necessarily, but what other options did they have?
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:20 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"That doesn't sound safe, but it's better than lightning?" Aegeas said. "Would you be alright if you did that?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

13 Reviews

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:41 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

"Y-yeah, I'd be alright..." he said, managing a shaky smile. "I'm more worried for whoever's going to take the hit for the rest..."
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lex looked at the faces of the others in the group.

...He already knew who had to take the hit.

"I'll do it," he offered.

He didn't like the thought of it in the slightest, but he knew he was the only one who was remotely okay for something like this. He would have to make some kind of armor to protect himself, but that wouldn't be too difficult of a task - he just had to remember what it felt like the last time he wore a suit of armor.

"I can make whatever I want with my gold," he said. "I'll make myself a suit of armor so you can ram into me without hurting me too much - god is more malleable, too, so hopefully it won't take the hit as hard as another kind of armor might have."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:51 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She nodded along with the plan, "Are you sure you'll be alright?" she asked, then cursed herself for wasting time. There wasn't a better plan, but she didn't want to have one of the group get hurt. Along with the fact that she just didn't want to see someone getting hurt, what would they do if they had to move quickly once they were out of this?

She bit her lip and shoved her hands in her pockets, then instantly took them back out when she lost her balance and started to spin. Anti-gravity was so much more fun on her world.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Does anyone else want to post?
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:47 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"More malleable means it's also more likely to impale you," Aegeas said, but he still shifted out of Dae's way. If Lex was confident enough that he could take the hit, the otter would just have to trust him.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:24 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Spoiler! :
Aaah sorry for the delay >_<

For the first time since they had all arrived in this strange world Dara felt very useless, and it started to dawn on her how vulnerable they were to the surprises around them. She drilled her gaze into the rings on her outstretched fingers with chilling intensity, muttering the properties of each crystal in quick succession. Citrine? No. Bloodstone? No. Opal? No. Moonstone? Obsidian? Malachite?

At any moment Dara expected them to plummet towards the oversized golf course below, despite her outward composure. She could provide nothing but morbid comments as trees dropped from the air, their distant sounds like thunder rolling towards them. She had nothing as she got to the end of her muttering. She would need to trust in Dae's new plan and the support of everyone, although she didn't like the sound of Aegeas' comment about impaling.

Dara looked at Lex, wishing she could offer some countermeasure for him, but semi-aware that her intent could be mistaken for a glare. "Surely Dae won't hit that hard, as long as that dragon package doesn't include any decorative horns," Dara said in an attempt to clear the misinterpretation, her eyes landing on Dae with a rueful half-smile.

A rustling, wood-splitting crash sounded from a little closer by this time, causing Dara to look suddenly over her shoulder. It was enough to deal with keeping somewhat upright in weak gravity, but there would be no keeping upright if that gravity struck them at full force.

Maybe it would be for the best if something did prevent her from returning home; it wasn't the first time she'd thought it since materialising in this world, given her cost to Earth as an Atlantean descendent. But the thought was soon overridden by a greater stubbornness: at the very least, she wouldn't allow herself to die in this tree circus, and that went for all the others in the group.

Her protectiveness of the others startled Dara a little, but she had more immediate things to wonder about now. Seeing no point in waiting, Dara began to follow their new plan by taking Helenah's hand with a well-meaning glance. "I vote plan over ground," Dara announced tonelessly.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
It's alright!

Lex took a deep breath.

"Let's do it, then," he said, speaking with a confidence he didn't entirely feel. He tapped into the magic of his god again. The gold coated his skin in methodical layers, one right after the other. It took only a matter of seconds before he had a thick suit of golden armor on.
mage

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:18 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Dae nodded slightly, returning to his eastern dragon form and flying a good distance away. He was nervous; never before had he come up with a plan, been the key component to a plan, or even been a part of a plan. His idea was one of complete desperation, and he had hoped someone would come up with a better plan; yet here he was. Here they were. About to go through with this ludicrous idea.

He changed back into his human form, calling out to the others, "Is everybody ready?"
(they/them)

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kiran nodded, then, realizing everyone was probably too distracted to see it, said, "I'm ready."

She then tucked her arms into her body so her forearms and the danger that came with them were crossed over her body. If the others had to hang onto her in order for them all to stick together, they could grab her thoroughly non-electric biceps or shoulders. No need to risk someone getting hit by enough electricity to stop and start their heart ten times over.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Helenah shivered. "Ready!" she exclaimed.

Ruby stuffed herself into Helenah's jeans pocket, "Helen, if I die of suffocation, know that I have loved you and I have done my best to look after you." she said. Helenah gulped and stroked the tip of Ruby's beak, earning a soft tweet.
*insert quirky signature here*

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker