z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 am
SoggyPoptart says...

As Julian made his way down stairs he tried to think. Maybe he was over reacting? NO. He was not. Julian knew where to draw the line of being an complete jerk. The line wasn't drawn yet. He was so frusterated with this marriage. He was done! He had honestly had enough. You know when you put too much of one ingredient in a food? That food comes out with something wrong with it, maybe that's how Julian was. He knew there was something wrong with him but he couldn't fix it, his emotions are what was wrong with him...

Julian spotted Jace trying to make a deeper move onto his model, they looked like animals in the jungle. Julian didn't waste time and tapped Jace on the shoulder.

"You, me, outside... Now."

Jace groaned and tried to intimidate Julian with his eyebrow. "I may be your younger brother, but that doesn't mean I have to take shit from you." he litterally growled.

Julian towered over his brother. "Yes, yes it does. Get out there, or will I have to make a scene and drag you out there myself?"

"I'll be back sweetbuns." Jace said kissing his girl in near her ear.

Julian almost gagged with the bittersweet farewell. That was honestly disgusting.

Jace stood up, like he owned the place and began to walk, with style, out towards the back. He picked up a small bottle of sherri and opened the back door. Julian closed the door behind him, and watched Jace place his back up against the dirty red brick wall.

"Okay, Julian what is this all about?" he asked, all innocently.

Julian's gaze flickered dangerously. He craned his neck and pierced his brother with his eyes. "This is about why my wife seems so damn afraid of you. Tell me, just what have you done this time. I don't want anymore stories, Jace. I want the truth and I want it now."

Now it was Jace's eyes who turned dangerous. "How does it feel to want, Julian?"

Julian just stared, not quiet sure what he meant. He gave a puzzled look as an answer.

"Don't give me that questionable look. You knew I had a thing for her! You knew we had a past." Jace growled. He downed some of the drink. He shook his head.

"You told me it was ancient history. What happened between the two of you, huh, Jace?" Julian's head was spinning in circles.

Jace cocked his head. "What if I don't wanna tell you?"

"I'm going to have to hear it from one of you! If you don't tell me, I don't know who to protect!"

Jace wiped his mouth, the bottle was now drained. "You wanna know what happened, Julian... I'll tell you." He smiled, it was the evil Anderson smile...

**Jace can tell Julian everything if you want? OR, Naya can burst through the door before he does. Doesn't matter to me.***
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:43 pm
*coco says...

Naya dropped the phone on the floor and ran. Her heart pounded as she descended the staircase. She could hear her sister and her friends chase after her but she couldn’t stop. Once she reached the landing she pushed past the waiters and maids, heading straight for the main room. People were sat at their tables making conversation with one another. Naya desperately scanned the room to see if there was any sign of Julian or Jace...

“There’s that girl Jace brought with him!” Danni said as she caught up, pointing towards the front table. “Let’s ask her where they went...”

Naya hurried towards the Russian model. She sat at her table fingering the rim of her glass looking bored.

“Ana,” Naya said breathlessly, as she approached her. She tried to look calm. “Have you uh seen Julian or Jace?”

The model took a sip of wine from her glass before responding. “Yes, they just headed out back-”

Naya didn’t wait for Ana to complete her sentence. She immediately ran for the back door, her heart pounding so hard inside her chest, she felt sick. She had to stop this. Julian could never find out about what happened. Never.

“It’s locked!” she breathed, panic surging through her body as she desperately struggled with the solid back door.

Danni stepped in and tried to open the door herself, first by the handle and then by using her body, but the door wouldn’t budge open.

Damn it!” exclaimed Danni. She moved her ear to the door and listened intently. “I can’t hear anything, the door's too thick...”

Panic-stricken, Naya ran a hand through her hair, tears streaming down her cheeks as she desperately tried to think of what to do.

She couldn’t let Julian find out...not like this...

“You know, it's very hypocritcal of you to want to know all of Naya's secrets...have you told her any of yours?" Jace mused with a raised brow.

“Just answer the damn question!”

Jace sighed. “Fine. What happened, Julian, is that your wife and I dated for two years.”

Julian looked stunned.

Jace cocked his head to the side, a smile still plastered across his face. “You look surprised. I don’t blame you, I was surprised myself, I mean, I’ve never been with one woman for longer than a week, let alone two years...” he trailed off, “...but yeah, it happened. At first I just saw her as a piece of ass, my next target if you will, but the fact that she played hard to get made things very interesting, I mean, you know how much I love the chase, right?” Jace winked.

Julian glared at him. Jace continued.

“Anyway, it took a while for me to get in there. She didn’t trust rich boys and having the Anderson name didn’t help me much either, but like all the other girls she eventually gave in to my charm.” Jace drifted off as if recalling a fond memory before smirking, “Man, let me tell you,” he chuckled, “that moment was worth the wait!”

Julian could feel his knuckles clench.

Jace continued. “Anyway, I thought I’d have my fun with her for maybe a week or two and then move on, but I couldn’t. The weeks turned into months and I started realising that I didn’t wanna leave her...I realised that I was in love with her...”

Jace drifted off again. Julian continued to listen intently.

“So we carried on dating - in secret because Naya was worried about what her family would say. We’d meet up in hotel rooms and go on holidays together... and, for a while things were good...brilliant actually...”

Suddenly Jace’s smile disappeared from his face. “And then dad finally let me join the business so I started trying to prove myself to him,” he glared at Julian, “to you and to the damn company...I started breaking risky deals, the Police started getting involved, things started to get messy, and Naya wasn’t happy about it,” Jace’s facial expression grew angrier by the second. “She didn’t like the way I did business, she said that it was wrong and that she didn’t like this side to me...she threatened to leave me if I didn’t stop...”

Jace’s eyes grew dangerous. “But I didn’t, I carried on with my business deals and came back home to find out that Starnes & co. pulled the plug. Dad blamed me for it, of course. Then I found out that Naya had been seeing some guy while I was away, apparently a friend, but I knew better...I was fuming so I got myself drunk and told her to meet me at our hotel room...she was there...she looked beautiful...but I didn’t care....”

Julian looked disturbed. “Jace, what did you do to her?”

“I taught her a lesson, one that she’d never ever forget...” Jace’s smile suddenly returned to his face. “A man’s reputation is his most prized asset,” Jace said, “You see, I learnt that from you-”

Julian grabbed Jace by his arm. “What the hell did you do, Jace?” he snarled, his voice echoed off the walls. “Tell me, now!”

Jace glared back with defiance. There was a heavy pause in the air.

“Use your imagination...” he finallly responded, the sickly smile still spread across his face. He released himself from Julian’s grasp and fixed the collar of his blazer smugly. “I suppose she didn’t tell you about her abortion either?”

Julian was stunned to the spot.

Jace shook his head. “She’s damaged goods, bro, I wouldn’t waste your time with her if I were you, unless of course your desperate...Now if you don’t mind. I have a date to get back to...”
Last edited by *coco on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 am
SoggyPoptart says...

He let Jace off, his collar was now wrinkled. The mind of Julian was racing so fast he feared it was going to crash any mintue. Why didn't Walter make Jace marry Naya. An answer Julian knew so damn well. Damn Walter. Damn him so so much. Julian's fists unclenched. His brother walked around the building and was then out of Julian's sight. The thought of Jace even touching Naya chilled him to the bone. He wasn't even sure he was thinking straight. Someone had surely bashed him in the head with something. He hoped when he woke up he would be a single man and had a completely different life. Wishful thinking. He heard footsteps and heels clicking on the wet cement.

Then... He saw... Naya. He couldn't bring himself to make eye contact with her, he turned his back and held his head high. He heard her breath hitch, as if she knew what Jace had said, he silently begged for it not to be true.

"Jace was out here just a couple mintues ago." Julian started. It was a calm voice.

Heels clicked, she came a little closer. "What did he tell you, Julian?" Her throat seemed tight, like an apple had been shoved down it.

Julian's neck muscles bunched, his eyes returned to the black that dangerously asked her to come just a bit closer. "He told me, everything."

A devistating cry echoed from her throat. "Please just let me explain, I'm not the horrible person Jace makes me out to be."

Julian turned his neck, to face her. He wasn't sure what emotion flickered over his face but soon it was a mask of fury. "Oh, please you know don't mind me. I'm just the person who's in the middle here, who the hell cares if I go crazy because we all know at the end everything is going to be okay!" Julian almost spat. It was as if he were a two faced clown at a circus. The ones if you don't know if their being serious or being funny.

"You're not even close to being the person in the middle!" Tears flowed down her cheeks. She was so damn beautiful, but Julian wasn't going to let her get away with that this time.

"Stop that." he growled. "For goodness sake have enough pride to talk to me without drowning your eyes."

Her bottom lip trembled. Hatefully. "You don't care about anyone but yourself do you?" tears ran over her lips and her nose began to run. "You were born in such a perfect world. Only taking for yourself."

Her words echoed in Julian's mind. She didn't know him at all. Didn't know of the past, what had happened. Why Julian owed Walter the favor, she knew nothing about Jessica. Nothing whatsoever. She was just some girl who got bored with her life and decided to cry about everything! Julian turned on her, he didn't touch her but he used his size to intimidate her.

"Do you want to start the story by telling me about Jace? Or somewhere else?" He growled.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 am
*coco says...

Naya wiped her cheeks. “No, I don’t wanna ‘start the story’, I have nothing left to say to you...” she said, choking back on her tears, before brushing past him.

“Don’t you dare walk away from me!” Julian warned her.

“I can’t do this anymore,” Naya didn’t know she was saying this to, Julian or herself. She felt her stomach clench as the amount of alcohol she’d had tonight, finally caught up with her.

Just as she was about to step back into Danni’s apartment, she was stopped abruptly as Julian grabbed her violently by the arm. With his free hand, he slammed the back door shut and locked it before Danni and Naya’s friends could get through. He then pulled Naya back to face him, staring deep into her eyes as if this was the only way he could get his message across.

“Let me go,” Naya bit out through gritted teeth, her voice choking inside her throat.

“Not until I hear the truth!” he growled at her. “Not until you tell me that everything Jace just told me was a lie!” It was a command.

Naya could no longer look Julian in the eye. More tears streamed down her cheeks. She wished it was all a lie.

“It wasn’t...” she said, swallowing hard, her eyes still not meeting his, “whatever Jace told you...was the truth...”

A terrible silence fell in the air. Julian remained frozen, his gaze still locked on Naya, until slowly he eased his grip on her. He looked too shocked for words.
Last edited by *coco on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:37 am
SoggyPoptart says...

He let go of her. He didn't want to hurt her, he don't think he ever could. He got his anger out by yelling, never hurting someone. He let go of her. She couldn't do this anymore? Well you know what neither could he. He was so done. Done trying to make all this stupid shit work, it wasn't worth it. He backed away from her as if she had a gun. He shook his head. Discgust plainly written on his face. He didn't want this.

Julian walked away.

130 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:39 pm
*coco says...

Naya felt as though her world had just collapsed. The grief now thundering through her veins as she watched Julian walk away, was unlike anything she’d ever felt before in her life. How stupid was she to think that she could change someone like him...his heart was so cold it was beyond imagination...

Wiping away her tears, she gathered her dress and headed to unlock the back door. It was better this way, she told herself as she unhooked the chain. Julian had always hated having her round, to him she was just unwanted luggage with unwanted baggage, and now he was free from her, free to live his life and do what he pleased.

Naya!” breathed Danni, her face panic-stricken as Naya stepped back into the apartment. She grabbed Naya’s face as if she was afraid it would fall off. “Honey, are you okay, what happened in there, the door locked before we could come inside!”

Lola, Alli, Bree and Penelope looked at her, terrified.

“Jace told Julian everything,” Naya said, her voice flat and emotionless.

“Oh, god!” Danni looked to be on the verge of tears. “This is all my fault, I should never have opened my big mouth-”

“No, Danni,” Naya interrupted sternly. “I deserved this, I was stupid to think I could keep something like this a secret ...”

Lola looked like Naya had just slapped her sister on the face.

Excuse me?” she sneered. “How dare you say that you ‘deserved this’... is that what Julian said to you?”

“Julian didn’t have to say anything, I could read it in his face...” Naya couldn’t get the image out of her head. He'd looked at her like he was disgusted, like she was infected or something. It made tears swell up inside her eyes again.

Around them, guests were now beginning their meal. Thankfully, Jace was nowhere to be seen, he’d obviously bailed, leaving behind the Russian model who was still sat waiting for him.

“I need to get out of here,” Naya said suddenly.

“Sure, let’s take you upstairs,” Lola offered.

“No,” Naya responded. “No, I...I have to get out of this place...alone...” she pressed to her friends, before gathering her dress and heading out of the main room towards the entrance.

Danni ran after her, “But, where will you go?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” Naya said truthfully, “I just need to get out of here for a while...I’ll come back later for Poppy...”

“But-”

Naya slammed the front door shut behind her.

“I can’t believe what I let happen...” Danni breathed, hiding her face in her hands with shame. “I’m so goddamn stupid-”

“Danni, it was an accident,” Lola tried to console her but Danni wasn’t having any of it.

“No,” she said, composing herself, a determined look on her face. “Jace is gonna pay for this...”
Last edited by *coco on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:32 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Someone was gonna get it. Julian was in a violent mood. A normal life was obviously too much to ask. Julian got into the truck and drove, it seemed like miles. How could all of this happen within minutes. He felt as if he were living his life in a super speed motion. He wanted his life back, he was good at what he did for a living. No wife, no one to come home to. Julian felt an odd feeling pick at his brain. He drove to the closest bar and knew he was going to be there for very long time. Julian was on his seventh beer. That wasn't including the four shots he took. Yes, he was drunk. No, he didn't care at this point. The seventh beer tasted like water going down his throat. His tie was loosened, he felt himself fighting to stay on the bar stool. He scanned the bar trying to see if anyone noticed he was about to pass out fairly soon. He stared at the clock. The numbers wouldn't stay still, they seemed to blur and move around.

"Bar... Bartender... Wh-at time is it?" He slurred.

The bartender was a female. She was a little shorter than Naya. Wore a black tank top, and had a snake tattoo on her right bicep, had long wavy blonde hair, and big brown eyes. Her eyebrows shot up and she smirked. "It's two o'clock in the morning. Why, you got somewhere you needa be?" she joked.

Well, wasn't she something? Someone to take home to the rents. Julian smiled, it was a true smile. He felt drunk... Hahah... DUH.

"Naaa, I just need to know what time I fall asleep 'cause I have to go to work tomorrow. Can't be too hungover... Ya know?" Julian felt so much better. He wasn't being polite and he wasn't being rude he was just being. He paid for his drinks and got up to leave. He staggered to the door and had to use the frame for support.

The bartender threw a dish towel over her shoulder. She walked over to him, and helped him back to his seat. "I can't let you leave, you're way too drunk." She said, seriously.

Julian snorted. "I... Am... Not... Drunk. I'm just happy is all." he closed his eyes. "I need to get home." He tried to get up again.

She layed her hand on his shoulder. "I will drive you home myself. I get off it ten mintues." She smiled.

Julian looked up at her. "You don't-know my name... I could I can be a serial killer." He slurred.

She looked down and laughed at him. "Oh yeah, because killers are super drunk and wear suits." She looked down at him. "My name is Jill. I'll be your driver today."

"Hello... Jill." Julian laughed. "I'm Julian."

Jill smiled at him. And for the first time today, someone could make him feel like there was someone inside him worth saving...

Half and Hour later...

Julian was laying down in Jill's passanger side of her car. Her car smelled like cigarettes and vanilla. Julian wasn't exactly a big smoker, but he loved vanilla. Julian blacked out most of the way up to the house. She wasn't taking him back to the trailer park. Julian was so drunk he thought he still lived at the Anderson manor. He gave her directions. While Jill was driving she felt a huge BAM! then a BOOM! she cursed and knew that she had hit something sharp. Her tire was now agoing flat. She wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight now! When they finally arrived she insisted that she help him up the steps. The light immediately came on and Jennifer, Jasper, and Linda ran outside. To help Julian get into the house. Jill was wearing a short faded jean skirt, black tank top, short brown boots and fishnet stockings. This was a GREAT way to start off meeting a guys family.

Julian felt his head spinning and he opened his eyes to see Linda and Jennifer take in Jill's appearance. She was beautiful but she looked like trash to them. Julian didn't have to be sober to know that.

"I just didn't want him to get hurt while driving. My name is Jill Sinclair."

Jasper took Julian and put his arm around his neck and tried to drag the giant into the house. Jasper quickly dumped Julian on his old bed and race back outside.

"Thank you, we really apprechiate it. My name is Jennifer, this is my mother Linda and my brother-"

"Jasper Anderson." Jasper quickly extended his hand.

"Hello." She smiled. "I blew my tire out and I was just wondering if I could use anyones phone?" Jill may look like a hooker, but she had the people skills of partyer, and the voice and manners of an angel.

Linda smiled. "A friend of Julian's is always welcome. Come on in..."

**She can be worried about Julian and come looking for him? Or she can demand to speak to jace and see them at the house?**

130 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:06 pm
*coco says...

Naya's cab waited for her outside the trailer. Stepping onto the porch, she took out her set of the keys, opened the door and flicked on the light. Her eyes wandered around the place. It felt so strange to think that just this morning she and Julian had been sitting down and having breakfast together. That moment felt like a lifetime away now...

Composing herself, she headed for the bathroom, grabbed her toothbrush and toiletries and began packing everything into her suitcase. Suddenly, her cell phone vibrated. Frustrated, she opened her clutch bag without looking to see who it was and answered.

“Hello,” she said down the line.

“What the hell happened?” Jennifer boomed. She sounded furious.

Naya’s heart began to race. Julian must have already told everyone everything.

“Jennifer," she struggled, "I can explain-”

“Explain what, Naya, hmm, explain why my brother was brought home, drunk out of his mind, by a bartender!”

What?” Naya breathed. “Oh, my god, is he okay?”

Even Jennifer seemed surprised by the sudden genuine concern in Naya’s voice, “Well...like I said, he’s just really drunk...look, you’d better come over here. Dad and Linda want to know what happened and Julian’s too damn wasted to even remember his own name...”

Naya really didn't want to. “Okay...” she gave in, swallowing nervously. “I’m on my way.”

Hanging up, Naya abandoned her packing and paced around the living room. They didn't know yet. God, how on earth was she going to face Julian’s parents and explain to them what had happened? She but her trembling lip and took several deep breaths before gathering her dress and hurriedly leaving the trailer.

“To the Anderson manor,” she told the driver, her voice quivering slightly.

Half an hour later, the cab pulled up outside the driveway. To her dismay, Jennifer, Sergi and Linda Anderson were already standing on the front porch waiting for her. Even from inside the car, Naya could see the outrage in Sergi's face. She told the driver to wait for her, before sheepishly exiting the vehicle and approaching the three of them.

Sergi was seething as she stepped onto the porch. Linda put a calming hand on her husband’s shoulder and signalled Jennifer to take Naya inside.

“Follow me...” motioned Jennifer.

Naya avoided eye-contact with them all as she followed Jennifer inside. Silence fell as she was led up the stairs to the first floor. They both stopped outside the half-opened second door in the hallway and stepped in.

“There he is...” Jennifer pointed at what Naya thought, at first, was a heap of mess on the bed. But, as Jennifer flicked on the lights, she quickly realised it was a semi-conscious Julian. His tie was dishevelled, his shirt was creased, his blazer was wrinkled...Naya had never seen him in such a state.

Dear Lord.... She didn’t know what she was feeling more, guilty for driving him towards getting himself drunk, or angry at him for choosing to drown his sorrows in alcohol. What a hypocrite, she thought to herself as she remembered his words in Rome, ‘you can’t control your booze...’

Naya didn’t know what came over her, but she immediately found herself approaching his slumped body. Julian was just staring into space. Biting her bottom lip with uncertainty, Naya slowly leaned over him and began to take off his tie. Julian’s reaction was immediate.

“Wha...” he slurred, blinking in order to make out who it was. “Jill, is that you?”

Naya looked back at Jennifer, who was stood by the door. She gave her a look of confusion.

“Jill is the bartender who brought him here,” Jennifer explained.

“Right...” responded Naya, before turning back to face Julian. “Yeah, it's Jill...” Naya played along. She figured she was a lot safer if he didn’t know who she actually was...

Naya settled his tie on the bedside table and began to remove Julian’s shoes and socks. She didn’t know why she was doing this, maybe it was because she felt she owed him after how well he looked after her when she needed someone. Yes, he'd been cold towards her most of the time, but it was his rare moments of compassion that Naya thought she’d repay him for.

“I’m gonna have to take off your shirt and blazer,” she told him, her tone flat.

Julian laughed, he actually laughed! Naya couldn’t believe it...

“I’m sorry, buh uh we can't do this,” he slurred, “I’m married, you see...” he answered seriously, even going so far as to showing her his ring.

Naya could hear Jennifer stifle a giggle from behind. Clearing her throat, she used the strength that she had to lift Julian up into a sitting position before removing his jacket and shirt. She could feel Jennifer’s eyes on her the entire time. Thankfully, Julian was wearing a cotton t-shirt underneath his clothes.

“Oh, shit, my head hurts...” he slurred, attempting to rub his temples.

One of the servants suddenly came inside the room. “Is there anything Master Julian needs?” he asked.

Naya turned to face him. “Yes,” she responded. “Could you bring him some Advil and a glass of water?”

“Of course, madam,” said the servant before exiting the room.

“Just lie back down, Julian...” she told him. He obeyed her grudgingly, and Naya gently propped his head up on to one of the pillows.

Moments later the servant returned with two caplets and a glass of water. Naya thanked him and took the two from his hands.

“Okay, Julian, I need you to open your mouth...”

Julian looked up at Naya curiously. His eyes tried to focus on her and for a terrifying moment, Naya was convinced that he’d finally recognised her.

“Jill...when did you dye your hair brown?” he asked incredulously.

Naya breathed a sigh of relief. “A few minutes ago...” she continued to play along as she dropped the caplets into his mouth and helped him drink some water from the glass. “Now try and get some rest,” she said to him, as she covered his body with a blanket.

Julian yawned by way of a response before muttering something under his breath and turning to his side. Several seconds later, he was fast asleep.

Naya couldn’t help but look at him. He looked completelt at peace, his dark curls were perfectly in place, his mouth was curved into a small smile...He looked as if he didn’t have a care in the world, and he wouldn't once Naya was out of the picture...he could finally get back to his life the way it was before...the thought made her feel strangely empty inside. God, what was wrong with her? She quickly got to her feet before heading for the door. She noticed Jennifer throw her a very knowing smile.

“What?” she asked her, feeling quite self-conscious and defensive.

“Oh, nothing,” Jennifer responded. "Anyway, we should go downstairs. Dad and Linda are waiting to speak to you.”

Naya sighed. She knew this was coming. Nervously, she followed Jennifer downstairs. Her mind raced with thoughts; Should she tell them the truth, would Julian have wanted her to do that, did he plan on telling them the truth himself, was that why he came here?

Some secrets are best kept hidden, that's what her mother had taught her that from a very early age, and, although Naya hated the thought of lying, if it meant saving her family from humiliation - at least for now - she would do it in a heartbeat.

She and Jennifer entered the living room. Sergi and Linda Anderson were sat in front of the majestic fireplace, their eyes followed her as she approached them.

Linda Anderson looked as though she pitied her. She turned to face her husband, "Dear, why don't we all get a good night's rest and talk in the morning?" she suggested.

"No!" Sergi boomed, his voice made Naya's heart jump out of her throat. "No, I want to know what happened RIGHT now!"

Naya swallowed hard before plucking up the courage to look Julian's father in the eye. "Mr. Anderson," she began politely, her heart racing, "what happened was that Julian and I...we...got into an argument..."

"Over what?" Sergi spat. He looked dangerous. Naya found she had to remind herself to breathe.

Naya struggled. She needed to come up with something good and something believable. "An ex-boyfreind of mine came to a charity event that we were attending...he must've said a few things to Julian to upset him...Julian found me to confront me about it, and...we had an argument..." She hoped they'd buy it.

Sergi Anderson's lip curled in anger. He turned to look at his wife before returning his gaze to Naya. "Who is this boy, this ex-boyfriend...is he well-known among our circles?" he demanded.

Naya wasn't expecting this. "Uh, no, he's...he's from a normal family..."

"Right, well, tell me his name, I shall call the Police and have a restraining order set against him. He'll not be able to come near you both again."

Naya tried to remain calm. "His name?" she desperately racked her brains. "His name is, uh...Peter. Peter Reed."

Sergi mentally stored the name inside his head. "Okay, I shall see to it immediately," he seemed to be talking more to himself than to anyone else. "In the meantime you shall stay here tonight-"

Naya had to protest. "No, Mr. Anderson, I-"

"You shall stay here!" Sergi repeated sternly. "You and Julian can return to your home in the morning."

Naya felt her heart sink. Before she could even begin to get a word in edgeways Sergi marched out of the living room.

Linda Anderson approached her and smiled caringly. "Everything will be fine, dear," she assured her. "Julian has the Anderson temper. He'll calm down eventually, you'll see..." and with that, she followed her husband out, leaving Naya standing in the middle of the living-room.
Last edited by *coco on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:32 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

The annoying tone of something being hit repeatively against the wall woke Julian. It seemed to hurt. Wait, walls didn't hurt... He then realized that it wasn't the sound of something hitting against the wall it was the sound of his own brain slamming against his skull. He lifted his hand against his head. His eyes came into focus. He was in his room... His parents house? What in the world was he doing here? He had to squint to keep his eyes completely focused.

"Oh, good you're up." Jennifer's voice strayed from the doorway.

Julian shook his head, hard. "What am I doing here? What happened? Why are you watching me sleep?"

Jennifer had a glass of water in her hand and was cradling a small pill. She walked over to Julian's bed side and handed him both. "Your here because you were drunk. I just answered question two with question one aaaannnd I'm just watching over you making sure you don't die because of your reckless choices. You moron!" Jennifer didn't get angry easily and if she did it was always about something she loved or strongly believed in. "Julian, try to remember you are not immortal. Stupid choices kill you. Don't ever forget that. You're my brother I love you so much."

Julian stared at her. It was a look they both understood, he had promise in his eyes that he would be more careful. He nodded. "Thank you." He answered.

She smiled. "No problem." She sat at his foot area on the bed. "Sooo... Do you rememeber anything from last night?"

Julian sat and thought. Oh he remembered the arguement about Naya, Jace, and him. He remembered going to the bar. He remembered meeting a woman and that was about as far as it goes. "Not too much."

"Do you remember, Jill?" Jennifer asked, getting straight to the point.

Julian nodded. "Where is she? I need to thank her."

"Jasper took her out for coffee, then he's going to pay for her flat tire that she got while driving you home." Jennifer said. "Julian," she started in a more serious tone. "You and Jennifer didn't do anything, right?"

"No!" Julian laughed. "She's beautiful, but I'm still married. Which reminds me I better get home to see my wifey." He said even though he knew she wouldn't be home. She was probably over at her sisters.

Jenn cocked an eyebrow. "There won't be any need, she's here."

Julian felt like someone hit him with a frying pan.

130 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:14 pm
*coco says...

Naya sat at the breakfast table, her heart beating inside her chest. Last night, actually the entire day, seemed like a complete blur to her, from how it started to how it ended, Naya couldn’t understand any of it. She’d only stayed over the night at the Anderson's out of fear of the wrath of Sergi Anderson. After her conversation with him, Jennifer had given her a pair of pyjamas and left her in Julian’s room. Naya had slept on the couch, well, she tried to sleep anyway. Her mind raced with worry and stayed there until the sun rose. Then, she woke up, had a quick shower, was given some clothes by Jennifer and was then summoned to the breakfast table.

Now here she was, being waited on hand and foot by the Anderson servants. Linda, who was seated at the right-side of the table, frequently urged Naya to eat. Naya took a piece of toast just to be polite, the truth was she didn’t trust herself to put food in her mouth. Not only was she too nervous to do so, she was still nursing her own hangover from last night.

Sergi soon joined them all. He had a frown plastered on his face and the morning’s newspaper in his hands. As he took his seat at the head of the table, opposite his wife, he looked up and stared at Naya suspiciously.

“I just got off the phone with the Police,” he said, allowing the servant’s to serve him some breakfast.

Naya swallowed hard.

“There is no record of a Peter Reed living in this town...”

Naya should've expected this. She quickly racked her brains. “Uh did-did I say Reed?” she attempted to look embarrassed. “I’m so sorry Mr. Anderson, I meant to say Peter Klein...”

Sergi looked annoyed. “Peter Klein?” he repeated.

“Yes, that’s right,” Naya quickly took a bite from her toast hoping it would help avoid her from being questioned further.

Suddenly Linda Anderson looked up from the table, a small smile spread across her face. “Ah, Jennifer, Julian...”

Naya felt her heart suddenly pound violently in her chest.

“Come along you two...” Linda said warmly. “Jenn, you come and sit by me, dear. Julian, take the seat beside Naya...”

Naya tried to remain calm but it was too late. All her emotions from last night flooded right back into her system as soon as she felt Julian take a seat beside her.

Linda suddenly looked around the room. “Has anyone seen Jason..?” she asked curiously.
Last edited by *coco on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

It wasn't Jace who should be running from him. It should be Naya. Hell, why don't they just run off together? Julian wanted to tell Linda to shut up, even though it wasn't Linda's fault Julian owed Walter a favor but it might as well. Julian's thoughts were in a jumble and didn't seem to be making too much sense. He was ready to smash every piece of china and glass in this house. This was a big house, and maybe one day Julian will step up to that challenge. He was excited for that day to come. He took his seat next to Naya and felt her stiffen.

"Why stiffen? I know your 'secret'. I don't think it can get much worse, then again, better not jinx it." Julian muttered. No one else heard this except Naya. He made sure of it. She looked at him like he had came up and stabbed her. He had said what he needed to, he sat down.

"Goodmorning, Julian." Linda said cheerfully.

"'Morning, Linda." He said picking up the coffee he recieved.

"Be careful, don't drink that too fast you might choke, then again, keep drinking it." Naya growled. He never thought he'd hear such a nasty threat coming out of that pretty mouth.

He gave her the dangerous look. She just turned away. It had obviously lost its effect on her? Julian continued to drink the coffee. Jennifer started talking about shopping, Julian tuned her out. Women stuff. He wondered what his life would have been like if he had been born not from a rich family but a family who stuck together. No use in wondering he figured, it would never happen anyways. The front door opened...

Jasper came into the house, with Jill. Oh dear Lord, that woman looked like a sin all on her own. What would Naya think? Who gives a damn?

"Goodmorning family!" Jasper smiled. "I think you all have already met Jill... Hey, Naya." Jasper smiled. Oblivious to anything that had been going on lately.

Shit...

130 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:07 am
*coco says...

The girl, Jill, looked a few years older than Naya. She had long blonde curls and large brown eyes, but it was her outfit that really made Naya pay attention. She was dressed in a low-cut vest, a pair of short denim shorts, and...well, that was it. Naya had to hand it to her. She was brave. From the corner of her eye, Naya could see Sergi throw his son Jasper a look of disgust. Naya had only met Jasper Anderson a few times but she couldn’t help but smile at how love-sick he looked. It was so adorable...

“Oh my god,” the girl said suddenly, her eyes catching Naya. “I know you!”

Naya raised a brow. “You do?” she questioned.

“Well, maybe not you...I know your sister, Danni!”

“Really?” Naya smiled, pleasantly surprised. “How?”

“She saved my bar,” Jill explained. “I was getting behind on the rent and my landlord was ready to sell the place, than your sister came in one night for a drink and we got talking. She seemed really cool, we got along straight away...Anyway, she found out that the bar was in trouble and the next thing I know I’m getting a fat check through my door and a bar under my name!”

Naya smiled. It was so like Danni. “That’s my sister, alright. To her, letting a good bar shut down is a sin...yours must’ve been pretty special...”

“It is, it’s called Smokin’ Aces. Danni brought you there for your hen party, though I doubt you’ll remember, you were pretty drunk that day-

“She does that a lot,” Julian interjected.

Naya threw him an icy look. “This coming from a man who was so wasted he had to be dropped home by the bartender...”

Sergi suddenly cleared his throat pointedly before shooting Julian an annoyed look.

“Julian, I’d like a word with you in private,” he told him before rising to his feet and heading for his office.
Julian obediently got up and followed him. Naya couldn't help but wonder what Sergi wanted to say to him.

Jill waited for Julian to be out of earshot before she took a seat beside Naya.

“So, if you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?” she looked intrigued.

“23,” Naya responded. “I’ll be 24 on Christmas eve.”

Jill’s eyebrows rose in shock. “And your married?” she asked, stunned. “But you’re so young and pretty!” she leaned in closer and whispered. “What were you thinking?

Naya couldn’t help but smile. Jill was great, talking to her was easy, she seemed fun and, unlike everyone else in her life right now - namely Julian - she wasn’t so quick to judge her. Instantly, she realised why Danni must’ve taken to her so much.
Last edited by *coco on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

33 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian walked into Sergi's office where the man lit a huge cigar. He coughed and sat down at his desk and he glared at Julian. Who really couldn't care less what his father thought of him. He no longer lived to please that man who almost killed him... That story was for another time. Julian picked up a bottle and poured a small glass of it.

"I think that is enough for you, don't you think?" Sergi growled. "You are the worst son you mother and I could have ever sired. How dare you embarass us and bring home a tramp like that for the sake of all that's good what the hell is wrong with you!"

Julian loved how his father didn't bring up the point of Julian already being married. Sergi never cared about being faithful. That's how he met Rosalinda...

Julian brought the glass to his lips, which were stiff. "Don't talk about my mother... Ever. A couple of things are wrong with me would you like me to count them?" Smart ass.

"ENOUGH!" Sergi's voice echoed through the whole house. "I have more tasks for you, it's one of the reasons you aren't disowned by now. I want you to tie up all loose ends of the Virgin Diamonds project. It is very crucial that you do this the right way."

Julian drained the glass of it's contents, the only way to cure a hangover is to drink more. He nodded and walked out.

"And Julian..."

He stopped.

"Don't screw this up son, you're wife's life might depend on it." He growled.

What the hell did that mean?

**Virgin Islands can be the name of the organization?**

130 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm
*coco says...

“I didn’t really have a chance to think,” Naya responded to Jill. “And neither did her. Our parents arranged the whole thing.”

Jill made no attempt to hide her shock. Her thinly plucked eyebrows rose and her brown eyes widened.

“And how’s it working out for you both?” she asked, though it was clear she kinda already knew the answer to that question.

“He got himself wasted last night, how do you think its going?” it was a rhetorical question.

Jill rolled her eyes, “Men,” she tutted. “Can’t live with 'em, can’t live without 'em...”

Suddenly, Jennifer’s voice could be heard at the other end of the table. Naya looked over to see her showing Jasper the newspaper Sergi had brought to the breakfast table.

“...remember Stacie May Harper, the girl who was kidnapped last month?” Naya heard Jennifer ask him.

Jasper shook his head.

Linda Anderson smiled. “Jennifer, honey, can we not talk about this now, we’re having breakfast.”

Jennifer ignored her and continued to remind Jasper. “Her parents are famous estate agents...they used to come to our family barbeques...”

Jennifer,” Linda Anderson’s voice was now stern. “That’s enough, dear...”

“Oh, yeah, I remember!” Jasper said, finally, “long ginger hair, pale face, always walked around with her Chihuahua?”

That’s her!” Jennifer said, before shoving the newspaper towards Jasper. “It says in here that her body’s just been found in the family yacht-”

“I SAID THAT’S ENOUGH!”

Silence fell at the table. All eyes were on Linda Anderson. Her face was red with a mixture of fear and anger, and she snatched the newspaper from Jennifer’s hands before handing it over to one of the servants to take away. Naya was stunned. She had never seen the woman look so flustered, she was always so calm, so controlled...

“Are you alright, Linda?” Jennifer asked with a look of concern.

“I-I’m fine, I apologise...” Linda cleared her throat awkwardly and tried to compose herself. Her eyes wondered to Jill in the hope of moving the subject to a different direction, “why don’t you help yourself to some breakfast, dear?” she asked her, smiling sweetly.

Jill swapped a confused glance with Naya before rising from her seat. “Uh, maybe next time Mrs. Anderson, I should really get going, I have a meeting with a supplier...drinks supplier that is...” she added quickly.

“I’ll walk you out,” Jasper said, still eyeing his step-mother with a look of confusion as he passed her chair.

“Thanks,” smiled Jill, her eyes fell back on Naya. “Listen, anytime you need to talk or just get drunk, come over to my place, alright? Drinks and company will be on the house.”

Naya smiled, genuinely, for what felt like the first time in ages. “That’d be great, thank you.”

“Don’t mention it,” Jill winked, before she followed Jasper out.
Last edited by *coco on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

33 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 am
SoggyPoptart says...

**Julian, Jennifer and Jasper aren't Linda's children, but they are Sergi's. Jace is Linda's and Sergi's only child together. Well, that you may know of (;**

Julian walked out to the dinneing area where Linda's race was pink. What had happened while he was gone? Jill and Jasper were no where in sight. Naya was sitting now relaxed at the table. Since when? Julian noticed that Sergi didn't follow him out. Whatever What a teenage girl word. Julian was starting to walk past the table in the dinning room, not saying a word to anyone, when...

"Julian, aren't you forgetting something?" Linda said, eyeing Naya.

Julian tried to acted like he didn't know what she was talking about. He looked around, had an innocent puppy look on his face and met eye contact with her. "No." He said in a dead tone. He walked out of the room.

I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!
— Feltrix