z

Young Writers Society

Robin Hood Gang 4: The Hunted (Ended)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

Jack had gotten the message, even if he did decide not to take it on board and carry on his usual ways. One of us would end up dead eventually, and it wouldn't be down to chance. I walked upstairs and wandered around the new house we would be "camping" in for the night; it was a bit bigger than the last and most notably a bit more inconspicuious with the front yard stretching long enough from the road. I noticed one of the bedroom doors was shut, unlike the others, and although the house was for sale, there might still be a good chance that someone was here.

The approach I'd take would determine most things, such as if they had a gun and I barged right on in, they'd shoot without second thought. No, I'd knock first, see if there was an answer. Slowly my closed fist banged the door twice. There was a moment of silence before someone on the otherside of the door spoke.

"Who is it?" It was Riley's voice.

"Just me," I replied through the door. "Makin' sure we didn't have any unwanted guests."

"Come in," she shot back as I was walking away. I thought the urgency in which she said it was surprising, but she happened to be acting a little odd recently, so I let it pass. I opened the door and walked in to see her stretched out on the bed, blowing her hair out of her eyes and trying to relax. She looked remarkably beautiful there and then, a slight reminder of Bree too, but pretty in her own right. I pushed the thought away and sat down on a chair near the closet in the corner of the room.

"What can I do for ya, Riles?" I asked naturally.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:36 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

"What can I do for ya, Riles?" Reg asked casually. I looked over at him.

"I need you to keep an eye on Tia for me. She's been acting odd since you...got back and from the looks she's giving me it can't be any good." I smiled a little, "wouldn't put it past her to try something. You know, she's probably killed more people than Alis. Tia just does it more discretely. You hear of that mass murder in London a couple years back?"

"She was behind tha'?" Reg asked, shocked. It had basically been England's version of 9/11. Close to one hundred thousand people had been killed. All because of my cousin. And she still tried to claim it was an accident.

"She masterminded the whole thing. Moot point, I don't want to end up like all the rest of the people who ticked her off, and I can't hang over her all the time, it would look suspicious. I need someone I can trust to watch her."

"She an' Alis 'ave been talkin' an awful lot."

"No shock they're working together. It should be expected they would get along, both being close to elite serial killers and the like," we both laughed a little, and it eased the tension in the room.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 pm
Fox says...

Eve

I took one of the cars and drove into town. I didn't bother telling anyone, no one would miss me. It wasn't long before I found I nice book store. I liked living in an actual house now. The books were cheap, so I grabbed a lot. When I came home, I placed them all on the bookshelf in by authors and in sections: fantasy, science fiction, non-fiction, ect.

When I was done, I stood back and looked at it, a smile on my face. Then I frowned. Wow, I really needed to get a life. I walked back downstairs, looking for something to do.

((Feel free to bring my character in. :wink: She doesn't really have a big part...not even a small part really. :? ))
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Hey, I'm officually sending in my resignation. I think I'm going to take an extended break from YWS. Its been fun, hopefully I'll see you guys around.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

411 Reviews

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

"I 'ad a chat with Alis, though," I said reassuringly, "she might'a seen the bright side. She ain't as bad as some'a us see it."

"I don't know how you do that Reg," Riley marvelled.

"What?" I replied.

"Be who you are but still see some good in people, it's quite admirable," Riley laughed.

I got up out of the chair in the corner and sat on the bed next to her. "Don't you be gettin' soft on me, Riles," I grinned, "you're the one who keeps me in line."

(Sorry it's short, I'm trying to do a bit of a 1-2-1-2 conversation xD)

Reviews: 2
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

I bumped into Eve on my way out the door. I thought for a minute, then decided bringing her along might be a good idea.

"I'm out to visit some-uh-friends. You wanna come?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What type of friends?" She asked skeptically.

"Look, it's to help Ace, and that bloody bitch he calls his fiancee, okay."

"Fine, but I have no idea what your talking about." Eve shrugged.

"Look, I got him a plant that is building his strength. I only got about a months supply, and Maitea will come after me if I don't get more. A friend who raises the plant lives nearby. Understand?"

"Yeah," she nodded. I think she sort of got what I meant, but not entirely. "Why are you doing this for Ace?"

"Because, he's saved my neck a couple of times, and I don't like being in debt. A life for a life. We're even now,"

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

"Don't you be gettin' soft on me, Riles, you're the one who keeps me in line." Reg assured me with a smile.

"I won't," I promised, because it's already too late.

"Tha's good," he got up. "I'm gonna go check on the likes o' Miss Tia, make sure she ain't up t' nothin'."

"Have fun with that," I said with another laugh. He smiled, and left the room.

I laid down on the bed. Damn was I stupid. I knew I could never have him, but I still kept hoping. It was like the new-girl-popular-guy scenario they had in every bad chic flick movie. Except I wasn't going to get my happy ending. No magical prom nights, no best friend. Just me, my gun, and tons of pointless hoping.

James walked in without knocking. It was unusual of him, but I let it slide.

"What's up?" I asked him. Something told me he wouldn't have barged in if something wasn't bothering him.

"I can't take living like this anymore. And ever since he came, it's gotten worse." I knew 'he' meant Jack, "Look, I'm sorry Riley, but..."

"It's okay. Don't think for a minute if I wasn't the leader I wouldn't come with you. I hate living like this, but there is safety in numbers. You'll be okay, though, your tough."

"Goodbye," he said. I pulled him into a hug. As much as I was going to miss him, and as much as this hurt now, it was for the better, and I knew it. It would make things much less complicated,and even out a few tensions. Now all the guilt I had for not loving him would fade, and it would be down to Jack and Reg. Which was still a huge complication.

"Be safe, James. And, who knows, maybe someday we will meet again,"

"Maybe so, Riley, maybe so," With that, he walked out the door.

And I knew that was likely the last time I would ever see James MacTavish.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 am
Fox says...

Eve

"Because, he's saved my neck a couple of times, and I don't like being in debt. A life for a life. We're even now," Alis said. I shrugged. I wanted something to do, and now I had the opportunity. I wasn't going to push it away.

"I understand." I said, though I didn't think Alis believed me. I didn't care. Maybe I didn't understand, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting out again. James came between us just as we were about to walk through the door, carrying some bags. "Where are you going?" I asked him. He looked at me, a sorrowful look on his face.

"I can't take this...and he doesn't make anything better." I understood that he meant Jack. Jack only made things worse for everyone. "I'm sorry, but I've got to leave." This was a big surprise. I didn't really know James much, but he had done a lot for the gang. It was really a shame to see him leave.

"Oh, well, bye then. I hope you're happy."

"Bye James." Alis said. I didn't think Alis ever had a problem with James, but I could have been wrong.

"Bye ladies." He said, giving a small nod, then walking out the door. We watched as he drove away, then Alis sighed.

"Okay, let's get going." she said. We walked over to her car, and I remembered something.

"There aren't going to be any guns involved are there?" I asked. I knew the answer. Is there ever something that involves Alis and no guns?

She took a deep breath in, then out. "Can't promise ya that." she said, then we sped off. I couldn't help but smile. There was only one problem. I was still unknown to everybody. I wanted to keep it that way, so that I could go out and not be at risk of being caught by the cops. If there was going to be guns involved, I would stay out of it.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

The apartment rose slowly out of the mist as we drove closer. I stuffed a gun in my pocket, just in case, and then went up to the front door of the house. Eve had told me not to use guns. Fine, good for her, I had other weapons.

I knocked on the front door after strictly telling Eve to keep hidden in the bushes, unless she suddenly felt like fighting.

"Hello?" The man answered, "Who be it?"

"It be Alis," I mocked his tone. He stepped outside.

"Well then, hel-" Once he was outside the door, I punched him square in the face. He went to punch me back but I dodged. He blew a whistle, and three others came out. This, Eve, I thought, is why no one messes with me.

I kicked the first guy in the guy, kneed him in the face, and then threw him down the stairs. I walked down the stairs myself, and the three others followed me. I'd rather fight on level ground, it was easier. After twisting one guys wrist and likely breaking one others leg, I went to tackle the third guy. He was huge, and buff. This wasn't going to be easy. After a series of blows he dodged, I got behind him and got my hands around his neck. After a minute his face turned blew, and he fell to the ground. As good as dead.

I went around to the three men lying on the ground and twisted their necks, getting screams from those still conscious. I turned to the bushes Eve was hiding in. "Okay, let's go inside,"

Her eyes were wide when she stepped out, clearly displaying her shock, "And that's why so many people in Spain hate me."

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 pm
Fox says...

Eve

"And that's why so many people in Spain hate me." Alis said. My mouth was slightly open. I didn't doubt that a bit

"Wow!" I said. That was really all I could say. I couldn't keep a small smile from spreading across my face, though. "I was tempted to come out and fight, but I knew you were going to kill them. That's one reason why I'm a medic.I hate seeing people die. There are some exceptions, like if they were trying to kill us."

"They were trying to kill me." Alis said, pointed in the general direction of the three bodies on the ground.

"Ya, but I knew you could handle it." I said. She shrugged, knowing I was right. "Besides, I didn't want to get in your way." I carefully stepped over the bodies as we walked inside the house. "So, what does this plant look like?" I asked her. She stopped and opened up a cabinet. It was filled with a bunch of identical plants.

"Like these." She said. I raised one eyebrow. How convenient. She grabbed all of them and stuffed them into her bag, then opened up the other cabinets and took more stuff. I just stood watch by the window. I didn't want to mess anything up by grabbing the wrong plant or something. With my luck and skill, something could easily go wrong.

"Ya know, this was a lot easier than I thought it would be." I said.

"It would have been even easier if I had used a gun." she said. I rolled my eyes. Would she ever let that go? I mean, she did fine without it. She probably just liked guns.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

411 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 am
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

Just as I was searching the house for Tia, I passed James all packed up and ready to go off somewhere for a long while, not to mention him waving bye to Eve and Alis who quickly took off themselves.

"James, where the hell you off to?" I grunted, looking him up and down and taking in his suitcase, a gun wedged in his trousers at his waist.

"Sorry, Reg," he replied, "I know we ain't got on the best we could've, but I'm out of here now, that's it. Jack don't help the situation and i can't be dealing with this anymore."

"Hey," I said grimly, "You saved my ass from that jail, I owe you. The rest'a the stuff is in the past... and by the way, I got some't to enlighten you with n' all. Since your goin' you might as well know, eh?"

"Spill it Reg," He said quickly, "I ain't got too long. I need to get out of here."

"The girl the Ghost killed, who you helped... The person you thought was my sister? Well, she weren't. She was fillin' in a bit like'a double. Ya see I owe you, James, not the other way 'round. Sure you 'elped kill an innocent girl, but it weren't my sis, so that's a weight off of your shoulders. Be strong James, and make sure you bloody come back somewhen too."

I somehow knew he wouldn't, but perhaps saying it would make it easier. Sure, we hadn't exactly seen eye to eye, but I'd known James ever since I'd rejoined the Fishers, he was Riley's number two. I replaced him. It was almost like saying goodbye to an older brother who I hated, it was easy 'nough, but there was still some't there that wanted the little twirp to stay.

"See ya Reg," he smiled grimly in reply and left through the front door.

I walked down the hall and into the kitchen where Tia was setting a kettle to boil, perhaps for a cup'a coffee or tea. Regardless, I needed a word. "Make me a cuppa n' all will ya?"

"Fine," she replied.

42 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:02 pm
Kaywiia says...

Tia

"Make me a cuppa n' all will ya?" Reg demanded, striding in. I rolled my eyes, and made an annoyed huff, making sure to show him how unwelcome he was with every move and gesture. He ignored them as if he was unaware, but I knew he noticed.

"Fine," I replied harshly. I fished in my pocket for a little vial, then decided it would be too obvious if I did it now. I had to get on every one's good side before I tried anything. I put the little vial away, and went to making two cups of coffee.

I shoved the cup in front of him. "Happy? Oh, wait, I don't care,"

"I can't believe you 'n Riles are related," Reg shook his head. I gave him a nasty look. I didn't care if he was her second, I was her cousin, that put me above him. He should know that.

"Well I can't believe she let a ass like you in this gang, let alone make you her second, so the feeling is mutual," I leaned against the counter, and added another spoonful of sugar to my cup.

411 Reviews

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:24 am
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I smiled gingerly at her response. Her relations had obviously caused a somewhat cocky attitude towards others and her prescence slightly reminded me of when Alis first joined. Sure there were a lot of hiccups, but eventually she'd come to terms with her new life. It was just a matter of time, just like in Jack's case. Like in all our cases at the end of the day.

"Thanks for the coffee," I said as she sat down opposite and flumped her feet onto the foot rest. "But I have it black, no milk." I smiled and walked into the kitchen, emptying the cup and refilling it, this time black with two sugars. I gently stirred it then returned to the room and took my seat back.

"Your a fussy bugger, aren't you?" she toyed.

I laughed. "Only if it winds ya up, then yeah."

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:15 am
Guess says...

Jack

"Only if it winds ya up, then yeah." I heard Reg's laugh coming from where he and the brunette were sitting. Bored, I walked into the room.

“You just wind up everyone, don’t you?” I glared at him. He wound up everyone but Riley, the one person I wish he would wind up.

“It’s a talent,” the British chic said.

“Who are you anyway?” I raised an eyebrow, and gave her a once over. I had definitely never seen her before. I had a feeling I would have remembered her. Probably because of that bitchy-cocky attitude she had. I never liked that in a girl.

“I’m Riley’s cousin, Tia Evans.” So she was related to Riley. In what planet could those two be related? They were polar opposites.

“I didn’t know a bitch could be related to Riley,” I said. Reg coughed to cover up a laugh. Tia’s face flushed red.
Life's just full of questions....stop asking me and go find some hippie on a mountain.

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 am
MayApple says...

Maitea

Alis came in and shoved a bunch of similar-looking leaves into my hands, and left without a word.

"Some-one's being dramatic." Ace observed. I rolled my eyes at her. She went overboard sometimes, a lot of the time, to be honest.

"I know. Well, knowing her, she probably just settled a debt. It always puts her in a mood when she does," to be clear, she probably settled whatever debt she thought she had to either me or Ace. Probably Ace, because I had never done anything for her. In fact, I had done just the opposite when I killed Bree. In her mind, I probably owed her. Being in debt to Alis was never a good thing. Then again, she would have brought it up if there was an issue.

"Wouldn't she be happy to have the burden of her shoulders?" Ace looked confused.

"No, because it was a reminder she had a debt in the first place." I commented. Ace nodded in understanding.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green