Young Writers Society

Nowhere

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:15 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Let's not break anyone's arms today for the sake of testing Sebastian's alchemic skills." A sentence Bo never would've expected to utter in his life, but there he was saying it.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Awww," Raiden said, disappointed. He sighed, before turning to Taber.
"Sorry buddy, maybe you can break my arm another time," he said, patting the friendly wolf on the shoulder.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:39 pm
View Likes
shaniac says...

Kaelynn shivered. "Yeah, no breaking bone. I broke my finger one time and I still get nightmares about how it will jump off my hand and attack me while I'm sleeping."
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:25 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber slumped his shoulders. "Awww," he said, "It would've been so cool."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:28 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Clarice gave Kaelynn and Taber a slightly worried look.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

They had gotten more than little sidetracked after Sebastian had shown his alchemy in action. Considering that they weren't in a usual sort of situation, Issac guessed it was alright that he done so. That was the one thing that didn't directly tie Issac back to them, and as long as he continued to pretend to be a relatively normal human, they would never be the wiser.

As he was mulling over how hard it would be to conceal his more abnormal traits in a group this big in increasingly dangerous situations, he felt someone poke his arm repeatedly. "Hey, Issac. You in there?" Gabriel asked, giving him another poke for emphasis. "You've been staring at that wall over there for the past minute."

He looked over at his friend. "I was just thinking about...you know."

Gabriel wisely nodded. They were standing far enough away from the others where he didn't have to worry about being overheard; at least they had that much. "They won't find out, angel. They're too busy with their own secrets, and the weird stuff going on here."

"But it's obvious that you and Sebastian aren't normal," he pointed out.

"Pft. Me, not normal? I'm just a devilishly handsome man named Gabriel Eberhardt." He smirked. "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

The comment brought a smile out of Issac. As Gabriel continued to grin and joke around, he could almost convince himself that they were just two normal friends.

But that would never be the case.

Especially not when he was stuck like this.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:53 pm
View Likes
shaniac says...

Kaelynn nervously laughs, rubbing her hands on her pants. "Nightmares are funny like that, I guess." She then cleared her head and looked around the room, "so, what are we going to do now?" She didn't want to see that magic trick again and figured it would be the best time actually get some coverage in finding ghosts or something.

Suddenly, the room that they were all gathered in, started shaking. And Kaelynn's first reaction was to run, but something told her to stay behind to save her friends.
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:10 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wh-WHY WAS THE BUILDING SHAKING?! Bo looked over at the nearest exit, which was the hole in the wall. Rushing over to it, he waved for everyone to go through. "Everybody out!" He shouted.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:42 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
May I join if I go ahead and read what's happened so far?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Sure thing, @FalconerGal9086!

As soon as the room started shaking, Gabriel's reaction was to cling onto Issac. Not because he was scared - it took a lot to terrify him these days - but because he was worried that his best friend would get hurt if something fell from the ceiling. This became more than a little awkward when Issac had the same idea. The room continued to shake around them.

"Guys!" Sebastian shouted from near the place they had entered. "We need to get out of here!"

They abruptly let go of each other and started to head towards him.

But just as they all arrived at the hole, another strong, violent shake occurred. There was a loud crack. Then the ceiling started to fall down in the room they had entered through, debris already beginning to pile up in front of the hole. Sebastian stumbled back in surprise. Gabriel grabbed onto Issac again and vice versa, both worried that the other would be crushed if the ceiling in their own room came crashing down.

But then the shaking abruptly stopped.

They hesitantly let go of each other. Sebastian took a tentative step forward to see the extent of the damage. It wasn't hard to tell. The ceiling had fallen down in the room beside theirs. At least, that was the assumption. It wasn't like they could get a clear look at what had happened.

Because when the ceiling had crashed down, it had completely blocked off the hole they had entered through.
mage

queer and here.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:13 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Clarice froze when the building began to shake. Never having been through an Earthquake, she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do. She looked around and watched small cracks appear in the walls and ceiling until she heard someone shout that they should leave. Just as she began to walk towards the exit, the building shook violently, and she tripped.

Clarice fell face-first onto the ground. She covered her head with her hands and curled into a ball until the building stopped shaking, at which point she slowly got to her feet. She raised a hand to her bandana and tugged it down, revealing strange tattoos and a nose that was gushing blood. Cursing under her breath, she pinched her nose and tilted her head back.

"Is everyone alright?"
"yeet"
- albert einstein

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:37 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Description: A young man in his early twenties with shoulder-length black hair and silver eyes that have vertical, almost crocodilian pupils. He wears a black suit with a wine-purple tie. There's the silver chain of a pocketwatch extending from his jacket.

The first thing he recognizes upon awakening is that he's not where he went to sleep. It's a dilapidated room with rotten wood and holes in the floor. The only window is boarded up securely so only a few shining slits of light slant onto the creaking floor beneath him.

He stands slowly, mind buzzing with questions. How did he get here? When? Why? What was here?

The room is small and it looks to be some kind of old, abandoned hotel room. Naturally, his first instinct was to go to the door and step outside into the hall to get a bearing on where he was. Unfortunately, he quickly discovered that this was not an option.

His fingers closed around the doorknob and he turned, only to find that it was locked. This in and of itself didn't worry him - he'd knocked down plenty of doors before - but when he kicked it next to the lock with supernatural strength and it didn't so much as shudder he began to feel the panic rise.

He was trapped. Trapped. Unable to get out, locked in, without food or water or any reason why he should be there. There were no people and no scents aside from dust and his mind kept going back to the cage he'd been kept in for so long.

The temperature in the room dropped notably as he paced and tried to find a way out, going to the window and tearing at the boards to no avail. Ice crept through the crevices of the room and he felt himself beginning to shift, slamming against the walls with an unearthly shriek as arms became talons and his face elongated into a draconic muzzle. He roared and thrashed. The entire building shook under the force of such a large being struggling in vain to be released.

After what could've been only a few moments or an eternity he slowed and stopped, heaving. The building stilled with the dragon-beast bound inside.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:15 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden bolted. Literally. The only problem was, he bolted after the ceiling fell and blocked their exit. So he ran face first into fallen debris and proceeded to fall flat on his back with a cut above his eye.
"ungghh...ow..." he groaned, clutching his head.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Issac took action before any of the others could. He quickly grabbed onto Sebastian's bag, dug through it for his first aid kit and wasted no time in bringing it over to Raiden. He was already beginning to get out the band-aids by the time Gabriel started to investigate their former entrance. "What if I set off a Detonation?" he asked, gesturing over at the pile of rubble blocking the whole. "That would clear it away."

Sebastian hurriedly shook his head in the hopes that he would change Gabriel's mind before he impulsively did something stupid. "If the building was unsteady enough to fall apart without some kind of stimulus, I don't think an explosion would be that helpful."

Gabriel shrugged. "You never know unless you try."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:40 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Between the shaking and the ceiling collapse, Taber was a little disoriented. Still, he'd stayed in the middle of the room, only taking a step toward the hole after everyone else had. And then it had collapsed. So, he was mostly free of injuries.

Taber laughed as he took a couple steps. "Again!" he said, as the floor stopped moving. "That was fun!" Still, he couldn't stop a nervous edge from reaching his voice; shaking almost never meant anything good.

Then he saw Raiden, who had a cut over one eye. "Oh no!" Taber said, grabbing a part of his shirt and tearing it off. He ran over and quickly wrapped it over Raiden's head by the spot of the cut. It was about then that Taber noticed Isaac with actual medical equipment.

"Sorry," the wolf said, rubbing the back of his neck and smiling sheepishly.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time