We need a DT link Panda!
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:31 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

Is my character description too long?
Last edited by ladcat13 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:41 pm
NicoleBri says...

Its okay just post when you can
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:47 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

DT LINK: The Haunted Plantation DT
Last edited by NicoleBri on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Ayn Rand

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:27 pm
Jonathan says...

I pushed the door of the old cab (that had cried me here) shut. Then I went to the back and put all my baggage on my shoulder and started for the three story mansion I came up asked where I could put my things and walked over to a dark brown cabin that smelled of unwashed humans.

I opened the door and peered inside to see where I was going to be living for the next month or just until the mystery is fixed, I saw that none was there so I walked in closed the door behind me sat my belonging on the far right corner bed where i had been told to was a place for me to sleep.

I sat down but about one minute later another man of my race came in and sat down on the bed next to me, when he saw me he looked the other way and made a "warding off evil" motion, I sat back down on my bed, about a minute later I heard the dinner bell.

Everyone else was there by the time I got there, but I had changed my clothes so that I looked like a normal slave, I sat down and got and ugly bowl of beans, I ate slowly and made sure that I could hear everything that the other workers said about "the infestation of ghosts" then I looked up and saw that we would have beans oats and bread for our meals.

Another man sat down next to me and I asked "What is this talk about ghosts?"

He looked at me got up and walked away from me without saying anything, after "super" I walked all over the land and checked out some of the old abandoned huts that were all over the place.

In one I saw fresh footprints in the ground I followed them back to my cabin and decided that I would keep an eye on my cabin-mates.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 am
Wonder says...

Rheyalyn Creatrix

I silently picked at my food, nose wrinkled in distaste. I had gotten here early and had put away my meager luggage on my bed, then had gone out for a walk. This food was edible, but it didn't have too much flavor. It was either too bland, or way too salty.

There were other people here, young adults, by the looks of it. I considered walking up to them and introducing myself. They all looked older than me by a few years, but I decided it was worth a try.

Selecting a shy grin, I stood up from my table and with quick strides walked over to the nearest person.

"Hello! I'm Rheyalyn Creatrix, and you?"
Even though the girl smiles and laughs doesn't mean that she isn't dead inside.

120 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 am
ladcat13 says...

I nodded to the pretty redhead who greeted me, then continued to eat my food. She waited for my name, but when she say none was forthcoming, she sat down. Sarge whined, so I scraped some more food off of my plate into his collapsable bowl. The girl seemed to notice him for the first time. She reached out a hand to let him sniff it, but I stopped her. Allowing the Spanish burr to creep into my speech, I said

"Don't. He's a service dog. You shouldn't pet him," I intoned coldly. I'd told this a million different times to a million different people, none of which seemed to know what Sarge's harness meant. The girl frowned and studied my face.

"You're not blind. Why the service dog, then?" She asked. I gave her one of my ready-made lies. It slid out so smoothly and easily, I had no trouble convincing her.

"I have extremely low blood pressure, so he tells me when I need my meds. Otherwise, I faint and go comatose in a matter of minutes." She nodded, accepting the explanation. I lie about it because each time I tell someone the truth, the past stabs me again. The knife twists in the wound. I make it clear to her that I have nothing more to say by finishing my food and asking for seconds...
Spoiler! :
Take it from here, someone...

But bleed from thorns

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:49 am
TaylorLove says...

Meg

I lean back in my chair and cross my arms. As people talk, I try to figure all of them out. This girl that is talking to the red head, which I do not know the name of, looks like she would not be someone to have a conversation with. She seems a little rude and when she does not give the red head her name, I laugh silently to myself. "Are you okay?" Nick asks me.

I nod. "Yes, I think you are going to annoy me the least." I tell him.

"Um, thanks." he says, unsure if that was a complement or not.

I sip on my water and look around at the place, getting a good luck at every thing. A picture catches my sight, I zoom in on it. It was an older picture of the family that I guessed lived here a while ago. It was a husband, wife and a little baby in her arms. I was thinking that one of them would be the ghost I saw, but she is not there. I really want to ask Cal about the picture, but he is not here right now. I tell myself I will ask him later.

Is the mist of my thoughts and others conversation, the lights start to flicker. I look up and the room dies down. "Oh, how cozy." I say, with a dull expression.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

46 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 am
NicoleBri says...

Kamria Shamrock

After dinner I walked up the stairs to go to my room. My head was aching and I heard a lot of people whining about Cal saying there was ghosts here. I really do believe there is some here, I sense a weird feeling every time I walk up the stairs. "Kamria?"
I heard a voice say. I turned but there was no one. "Hello?" I asked. No reply. I shuddered it off and walked in my room. The place was cold, all throughout the plantation.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I say. The door opens but no one enters. I felt the air shift in the room. "If anyone is here, please, I'm not here to harm you." I say to whatever is in the room. A girl appears on my bed just sitting there staring at me. She had a beautiful smile and looked as though she might be in her mid 20's. I smile at her and she just disappears and the door slams shut.

I feel my heart racing. Wow. I just seen a... ghost. I walk out of the room and go downstairs. "Meg?" I say. She turns to look at me and I pull her away from the group. "I need to tell you something that is unbelievable." She smiled and we walked a little up the stairway. "I was in my room and I saw a female ghost.. she just sat on my bed and smiled at me. Then left." I tell her. "Oh my god me and Nick saw a girl ghost too!" I looked a little puzzled. "Ghost hunt?" I ask her.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:48 am
NicoleBri says...

Nick Granger

I seen Kamria walk over to talk to Meg, but I didn't think anything of it. I went out of the house and went behind it. There was a building that looked like an old outhouse, but bigger. I walked in and I didn't feel anything. It was just smelly and dank. Walking back around I seen some other people outside then I spotted Cal. "Wow your here." I say as I walk up to him.

"Yes, I told you I would be. I keep my word." he replies. He tells the others that they need to come into the ballroom. We walk together and he goes to the kitchen where a few other people are. "Meet in the ballroom on the left end." he says. Then walks away full of grace. I couldn't help but think something was off at how he just seemed not to care or be urgent about anything.

We walked into the ballroom, everyone was already there. A big ass room for dancing wasn't exactly hard to find, I guess that's why he chose this place. I took my place beside Meg and Kamria.

"Okay everyone. Listen up. Not everyone is here like I wish they were, but, I must go ahead and talk to those of you that are. Ya'll must relay the message to new coming members of this home." he says with a polite smile.

"Ya'll are going to stay here for exactly one year. Yall's job is to work together to uncover the mysteries behind these walls. Believe me, there is many."

"I'm not saying no one will get hurt, ya'll are taking the risk by accepting this quest. Stay at your own risk. Also, there is another prize I didn't mention for those of you that pass this quest. 1 million dollars to everyone who stays and helps out in this mission."

"What if we don't want to stay after a few weeks or months?" a guy about my age asked.

Cal smiled. "Well, after one week of being here, Ya'll shall be bound to this place until the mysteries are solved. Bound means Ya'll shall not leave. Everything you need to stay here, you should have. Once a week there will be a lady coming, she will bring each of you 2 new sets of clothes. My treat, just because yall are here."

With that, he walks out the door. Everyone just stood and looked around at each other. I could tell some people weren't going to be getting along.

- Ayn Rand

120 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 pm
ladcat13 says...

As Cal leaves the ballroom, I can see that a few people are in shock. I don't want to have to use any of my paramedic skills, so I walk up to each one and snap them out of it. Literally. I snap my fingers in front of their eyes, to bring them back to focus. One jumps in surprise and looks irritated.

"What'd you do that for?!" He shrilled.

"So you didn't sink into a full-blown shock. We aren't allowed to leave and go to a hospital, you know." Comes my glib reply.

"B-but, we're trapped here!" A panicking voice calls. Mutters of dissent spread through the group. I shrug at them.

"Hey, you all signed up for this. Such an... Unorthodox job description, I'm not surprised our employer had some tricks up his sleeve. I, for one, am fine with that. I've been in worse situations. A million dolares sounds pretty good to me." I reply nonchalantly. Sarge whines next to me and I look at him sharply. But he is not looking at me, he is looking at the boy a few feet away from me. He is shaking and sweaty. I touch his arm, but he does not respond. I glance up at the rest of the group and see a few others in similar condition: going into shock. "Does anyone know where the kitchen is?" I call. The redheaded girl who I'd talked to earlier raises her hand. I beckon her over. "This guy, and... Him, him, and her all need a shot of whiskey before they keel over. Can you help me get them there?" She nods, and begins to round up the other three who need it.

But bleed from thorns

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Ivan Summers.

“Ivan, look at me!”

Ivan tore his gaze away from the garden spread out beyond the massive french windows he stood in front of, and returned his eyes to Mr. Jobson's hard grey eyes.

The old man rolled his eyes at his pupil,” Ivan,” he said in his raspy voice, his Scottish accent showing through strongly,” you know how important this is? Don't you?”

Ivan glanced down at his ridiculous white robes, looking so stark against the dark, hardwood floor. The truth was he knew how important his physical training was, he just didn't care. So he decided to be stubborn.” No, sir!” he said stiffly.

He did know what hit him Mr. Jobson moved so fast. The next instant he found himself lying on his back, his calves stinging, looking up at his teacher's smiling, wrinkled face,” I think you do.” Mr. Jobson chuckled, and held out a hand.

Ivan sighed, a bored and tire sigh, and taking the proffered hand, pulled himself to his feet.

Mr. Jobson slowly stepped back from him,” but just in case you don't actually remember, then I think I'll explain it to you again,” he said, raising his hands, gesturing to the completely clear, white-walled room they stood in, situated in the very centre of the Summers' mansion.” One day, my boy, this will all be yours. Every penny of the ancient Summers' wealth will pass on to you! Now let's picture you, ten years from now, married, with children, rich, and prosperous!”

“Now lets say one night you go out to the theatre and while walking across the street behind the theatre you are attacked by three men. Now we have two scenarios, one in which you've remembered and kept up with everything I've ever taught you, and another in which you haven't. In the first one, what will happen is this: The three muggers will suddenly find themselves mugged and on their way to jail. In the second one . . .” he trailed off and raised his hands, stepping back,” chances are you'll end up dead, your children will lose their father, your wife her husband, your fortune its owner! And you, will lose your life.”

Ivan took a deep breath,” what if I just hire a bodyguard?”

Mr. Jobson stepped forward dangerously close,” no man should let his life rely on another man's skills and loyalty.”

Ivan nodded,” so accor-” they probably would have argued on for hours if not for the untimely RRRRRING, RRRRRING, RRRRRING, coming from . . .

Ivan reached for his pocket, trying to put out the annoying sound, but his phone wasn't there. He glanced up at Mr. Jobson, but the other man looked just as confused as he did.

RRRRRING, RRRRRING, RRRRRING!

“Just a second,” Ivan trotted over to his heap of clothes lying on the table pushed up against one side of the room. Rifling through them for a moment he pulled out his phone.

Unknown Caller, flashed across the screen.

He looked at it for a moment, his finger hovering over the 'ignore', but then shrugged and accepting the call brought the phone to his ear,” Ivan Summers speaking!”

The voice on the other end of the line was deep and calm, surprising to Ivan.” Hello Ivan” the unknown man said,” I heard from a friend of mine that you're looking for . . . a way out.”

Ivan frowned, not understanding,” what do you mean?”

There was a short pause,” I have a certain plantation of mine, dating all the way back from-”

Ivan glanced up at Mr. Jobson standing impatiently a few feet away,” look,” he cut in,” just cut to the chase. I need to get moving.”

There was a short pause and then the man began to speak again,” I hear that you're tired of your life as a Summers'. I'm willing to offer you a place to stay for an entire year. Free. With only a few other people, out in the country.”

Ivan didn't frown now, his curiosity piqued,” why would you do that?”

The man seemed rather fond of long pauses, for another one followed. Finally the deep voice spoke again,” my plantation, where you will be staying, is said to be haunted. Chances are that it's just a hoax of some sort to scare people away! I'm hoping that if it is a hoax then when I send someone to live there then whoever's behind it will stop. However, if it isn't, then I'd like to find you the source of my problem.”

Ivan almost smiled,” what if I want to be payed for doing this? From the way you talk I'm thinking that this could be potentially . . . dangerous.”

Anther long pause.” Ivan, I know you want out of your life. I'm offering you a chance. If you're interested then call me back before night-fall. I can send a car to pick you up.” There was a click and the other end went dead.

Nightfall? Ivan wondered to himself, replacing his phone, this guy acts fast. Just two hours.

He turned back to Mr. Jobson, but the old man just ran his fingers through his long grey hair and waved him away,” lesson over. Go to your room or something.”

Ivan nodded and left the room.

Pacing back toward his room, his feet not making a sound on the soft carpet, Ivan suddenly turned a corner and found himself face-to-face with the very last person he'd expected to run into.

“Dad?” he said, surprised. He froze, not sure what to do, looking into the black eyes of the slack faced, grey-suited man in front of him. Something was wrong.

His worry was confirmed in his fathers voice, usually strong and ordering, now slurring and weak,” ge' out uh 'ere ods bodkins.” he tried to shove his way past his son, but Ivan didn't budge.

“Dad, you're drunk,” he said firmly,” you need to go downstairs, not into the library.” If his father went to the library drunk then they'd have another mess. It'd happened before.

David Summers gave him a harder shove, frowning as he spoke,” eh tole ye ter ge' out o me' way!”

“No, I -”

A half a dozen seconds later Ivans eyes came back into focus, and rolling over he slowly stood, looking up just in time to see the door to the library slam shut. He winced, feeling blood on his cheek. His father had punched him! He felt anger surge up inside him, fury at what his father had done! He was his father, not Mr. Jobson, he was an irresponsible and drunken lout who Ivan was stu-

Ivan cut his mental raving off abruptly. Was he really stuck with his father for the rest of his life? Slowly he reached for his phone lying in his pocket. . . .

Ivan finished a final quick lashing and secured his backpack firmly onto the back of his motorcycle. It was done. Nobody even knew he was down here in the garage, and in a few moments he wouldn't be anymore. He threw a leg over the bike's seat, and looking one last time around the sparkling, six-car garage, prepared to throw the throttle.

“Ivan!”

He looked up, and to his surprise, saw Mr. Jobson walking toward him from the door adjoining the kitchen. He frowned at his old teacher and almost subconsciously tucked in his black shirt.” Don't try to stop me!” he said firmly,” I'm leaving.”

Mr. Jobson didn't look the least bit surprised at the news, or the bruise on Ivan's face. He simply stepped forward and handed Ivan a small package wrapped in white paper towels.” Don't open it until you get to the plantation.”

Ivan felt the package for a moment, it was hard. Then he looked up again,” so you're not going to try to stop- Wait up,” his eyes narrowed,” how do you know where I'm going?”

Mr. Jobson shrugged and smiled,” Cal knows lot of people.”

Ivan raised his eyebrows, but didn't ask any questions. He absently tucked the package away in his pack and then turned his bike on. He nodded to his old teacher, who bowed back, and a moment later he was roaring down the highway.

Finally free.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 pm
umaima says...

June Rutherford

"Is he crazy?" I asked the person standing exactly beside me "I mean who gives away ONE MILLION DOLLARS to just any random person for staying in their house because they have this superstition that there is a ghost in it or maybe more"

After I had taken a short nap I was awoken by Meg and Kamria because of Cal wanting to meet all of us. i changed into some skinny shorts and a loose shirt and tied my hair in a pony tail before heading downstairs. Though I was still very sleepy I wanted to kniw the big surprise that Cal had for us. On our way to the ball room we three spoke about our past lives and I must say, we might all just become best friends in the end! Everyone was already there when we reached. i didn't expect this in anyway, I thought Cal was going to say that there are no such thing as ghosts and you all can go home but...

"He isn't crazy, there is just something he is hiding from us. By the way I am Jameson Hemlock, you?" He said smiling

"June Rutherford" I answered and then continued in a hurry "Anyways see you around later I need to go grab some sleep before people start assuming me as the ghost"

He laughed and I left from there. i headed upstairs to my room when I heard a creaking sound from my left. It felt like someone was following me. I turned back but there was nothing. The whole second floor was empty. Then I heard the sound again this time much louder. i incresed my pace towards the room and suddenly I heard a girl's voice "YOU ALL WILL DIE"

I panicked and rushed inside my room when two hands caught me "I DON'T WANT TO DIE, LEAVE ME" I screamed into someones chest but they did not and tightened the grip around me. Who ever he was, he was too strong to be true.

I Looked up and saw a handsome face staring down at me His grey eyes staring deeply into mine."Oh! sorry, I..." I stumbled

He said nothing and moved backwards leaving his grip over me and went to the other side of the room without even asking me why I was so scared. now this is one ignorent guy here.

"Hey I am June" I said trying to start a conversation.

no reply

"What's your name?"

No reply

"Are you going to be my room mate?"

No reply

He moved and headed towards the bathroom ignoring me all the while. i ran near the door and blocked his way. he looked at me like I was some nuisance and just kept staring. Well he just doesn't know me quite well, I don't give up on things easily and when it comes to making bad boys like him speak up, I haave a PHD in it "I am not moving until you tell me your name or are you perhaps mute?" Another death glare.

"What?I don't bite okay, just tell me your name and I will move"

"Ivan"

"What?" I asked shocked at his sudden reply

"My name is Ivan" he said rolling his eyes

"So, you aren't mute huh" I said to him smirling, another death glare. "Oh" I said and moved from the door and he went in closing the door with a thud. rude much? This is going to be tougher than I thought, living here I mean. anyways I had other matters to think about. I had to inform the others about what happened so I messaged everyone to come meet in the living room.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

120 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:40 pm
ladcat13 says...

Ay Caramba! Would they ever let me alone?! It has only been minutes, and now they're calling me to the sitting room on another wild goose chase! I've just finished with the people in the kitchen. Rheyalyn Creatrix, the redhead who'd helped me, also turned out to be my roommate. She had left me alone while I'd showered and brushed my teeth. I'd only just gotten Sarge settled down for bed when the page came. For cripe's sake, can't I get a wink of sleep around here? I swear, I'm going to kill June or whatever her name is. Rheyalyn takes one look at my face and says nothing as I throw on a robe over my nightclothes. Sarge heaves himself out of the bed and stands sullenly as I strap on his harness. The machete comes with me to the sitting room.

But bleed from thorns

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:03 pm
umaima says...

June Rutherford

"Okay so before each one of you comes and kills me I cut to the chase, the ghost spoke to me" I said this looking at someone in a white robe who looked like they wanted to kill me right away. Everyone became serious as I mentioned the ghost and when I completed my part of the story Meg spoke her encounter with the ghost and Kamria spoke about her's. now I don't believe there are ghosts or something but I think whoever is behind this is pretty dangerous and I have to admit, I am scared.

"So what do we do now? three of us already had an encounter with the ghost or whatever that thing is" Kamria asked and everyone slightly shifted uncomfortably

"I don't know" I replied

"Maybe we should just go and sleep now and meet here at the same time" the white robe person said and yawned. Great idea genius, that way we might die in our sleep, I wanted to say but controlled myself

"I think we should explore the house a little bit, see places and if we find out something we can inform each other" Nick said and we all nodded

"What's the time James" Meg asked looking at James

"It's eleven, we can look till midnight and then the rest later" James replied

"Let's split in a group of two, whoever it be, the ghost or a person they ARE dangerous, if we search alone someone might get hurt" Ivan said. 'well at least he spoke something' I thought.

Spoiler! :
continue as you like
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena