z

Young Writers Society

Close Your Eyes To See (Started/2 spots open)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 am
Cspr says...

Conway isn't sure how he always manages to get himself into shiz like this. Like, a party where there's alcohol, cigs, and, most likely, drugs. Maybe not hard stuff, but there's that particular smoke smell. Or maybe he's just imagining it.

Good thought, that.

He sighs at himself and then looks around the room. Tina's house is packed, that's for sure. He scans the room, dark eyes narrowed to near slits, and then, not spotting any of the few people he knows, looks down at his red cup momentarily.

He decides he doesn't trust its contents, but he has nowhere to put it. He shrugs and then just moves into the ground, holding the cup by his fingertips. People jostle by him and he can almost picture his father's disapproving glare.

"A party?"

"Yeah," Tina said, all bright sunshine-y smiles. She was fond of letting those loose on him, as if they might make him, you know, happier looking if she kept it up long enough. "Just Nylla, Anavera, Asher, Jaybe, Mia, Elijah, and Tahila. You know them."

"Not really."

Tina then looked depressed, all sad puppy eyes. He automatically felt any and all dissolve crumble. She had a superpower or something.

"It'll be small? Nothing . . . uh, crazy, right?"

"Oh gosh no, think about Elijah--"

Tina. He needs to shake some sense into that girl. You say party in the halls enough times and there you go. Or maybe he was in the wrong place. It was always so dark, and he--

He shook his head again, only to run right into some shorter person.
My SPD senses are tingling.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 am
OnigiriChan says...

Jayson Romney

"Yo, Jay!"

I turn my head, a big mistake, and go tumbling down to the ground off of my skateboard. I get back up with a loud cuss and run a hand through my hair. My knees and elbows are throbbing slightly from where I fell on them. I turn and glare at the ground of laughing skaters.

"What the hell do you want?" I grab my skateboard and run over to where they're gathered.

"Nice wipeout."

"Shut up. Why'd you call me, bastard? I was finally gonna nail that trick."

"Because we're going."

"Where?"

"Tina's party."

I scoff and walk away.

"Oh hell no. I hate that Tina chick. She's annoying as hell."

"No, man, you're going! Tina always has the treats."

I stop then and turn around with a wide smile.

"That's all you had to say."

---

I walked in through the doors, my skateboard still in hand but my hair in my favorite hat. The crew dispersed on a silent agreement to find booze and drugs and I wasn't complaining. I headed straight for the kitchen but instead of booze I fixed myself a nice plate of nachos. My boys could find the good stuff but for now I was hungry. I sat on top of the table and folded my legs under me. There was a liter of coke near by so, what the hell, I took that and drank straight from the bottle.

"Hey, I don't think you're supposed to do that," someone called. I laughed out loud and shrugged.

"Bite me."
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:40 pm
alabasterwolveness says...

Nylla stands up, slowly backing up into the house again. Feeling bored and wanting some amusment, she went to the kitchen and jumped up next to Jay. She reached over and stole a few chips from his plate. Leaning back against the wall, she took out another cigarette and lite it. She blew the smoke out, scaning the crowed.

"Whats up Jay? I havent seen you in forever or well, not around the normal places for sure," She smirks a bit, blowing more smoke into Jays face. Then again, she stole a few of his chips once more. She lets out a sigh, her eyes fading into a nice ocean blue showing how she was bored of TIna's party already.

She pulled out her phone, texting Jenny and asking what she was doing. Knewing Jenny was at a party as well, she wouldnt get introuble if she told Jenny. She blocks out the loud noise, wondering why the hell she was here again after she finished texting Jenny where she was.

Looking back over at Jay, she stole some more chips till his boys came over. Nylla quickly jumped off the counter, glaring at them as she walked by. Jake found her once more, handing her a bag of cloths.

"Here put these on, Ill bet it will make you look so hot!" Jake shouts as he shoves Nylla into the bathroom to change. She lets out another sigh, pulling out a black tanktop with skulls on it and booty shorts. She shook her head as she slipped the cloths on. Then coming back out, she looked for someone to dance with.
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:53 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I sighed shaking my head snagging a cigarette from my pack and lighting it. 'Tina why did I let you talk me into this?' I asked myself blowing smoke up into the air. I swallowed as I brushed against a boy the temptation to start screaming almost unbearable. I drew more smoke in and blew it into the air again the familiar taste bringing me back to earth. I steeled myself and slid between Jay and Nyalla flashing a smile at the latter. I grabbed a cup of what was according to Tina tomato juice, tabasco, and vodka which she called a Hairy Hangover. I slid through the throng and sat down on a couch oblivious to the couple occupying it. I took a swallow of the tomato juice and I smirked it stung as it slid down my throat and settled in my stomach as a slow warmth. "Yo Ana!" I heard someone shout. I turned to see Zeth my best friend leaning next to me. "Zeth I didn't think this was your scene?" I said happily. "No but someone told me you were here and I said what the hell?" He said shrugging. I grinned as we sat talking then he pointed to my chest. "Nice quote." He said. I looked down and smiled reading the words that read 'I have gone to find myself if I come back before I do keep me here.' "Thanks Cat got it for me." I said referring to my step mom.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

42 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Nylla lets out a sigh, going back to her spot next to Jay. She nudges him, wondering why he was even here. She turns her head away, waiting for a response. Her eyes scan the crowd, still smoking she blows out puffs of smoke. She fixes the tanktop and booty shorts that she had. She reached over, grabbing a beer. She bends over, tapping on the dudes shoulder infront of her.

"Hey mind opening this up for me cutie?" She flirts, smirking just a bit. The boy blushes and nods, opening the beer for Nylla. She nods to him, then sits back. Lighting another and drinking the beer. She still waits for Jay's answer, her long black hair covers over her shoulders. She lets her bangs fall into her face as she began to get shy once more. Her eyes turning a very light ocean blue.

"Damnit..." She whispered to herself, knewing she was turning back into something she hated so much.
~Lady Death~

180 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 pm
Cspr says...

"Language," Conway said, having followed Jay, spotting the gangster-wannabe (or whatever) blond--which led him, of course, to Ny--only to hear her curse. He was now leaned up against the wall, watching the going-on. He watched Ana talk to some guy for a minute, then he glanced down at Ny. He smiled, as if not to seem, you know, serious; one half of his mouth lifting a bit more than the other--as per usual. "Just kidding," he said, wasn't as if he didn't hear far worse on a daily basis. "How's it going, Ny?"

He took in the rather outlandish (in his mind) clothes and tilted his head slightly. He decided not to comment, if only because it wasn't his job to question whether or not all body parts would remain inside the clothes at all time. That would be sort of a dick move, anyway. Especially coming from him--him wearing trash clothes, all shredded army-green pants, white shirt, thin black jacket. He didn't look cool, or rich--which meant everyone he didn't know avoided him like the plague.

He was beginning to be okay with that. His friends had plenty of drama as it were. He couldn't exactly deal with more commentary on who was dating who, or his brain might turn into some Bachelor-themed zombieness.

That was that show, right?

Whatever.

"New clothes?" he asked instead, to make up for the staring-and-thinking thing. If there was one thing nobody ever learned to get used to, it was the staring thing.

42 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Nylla glances over towards Conway, shaking her head just a bit.

"Yea, Jake said Id look hot in it and wouldnt let me leave the bathroom till I put them on so. I guess they are new. I dont care much for them," Nylla grumbles a bit, blowing a puff of smoke out and taking a drink of the beer she had in her right hand. She glances back towards Conway, offering the beer towards him.

"Wanna sip?" She smirks just a bit, waiting to see what his reaction would be. Her ocean blue eyes watching him and his movements, still showing a sign of shyness. She waited for him to respond to her question, whiling giving another puff of smoke out into Jay's face just for the fun of it.
~Lady Death~

180 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 pm
Cspr says...

Conway raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. He just hummed in response to that. He wasn't sure what was expected in that instance. "I concur" and "well, knowing Jake, this could be the third spin" both sounded cruel. And "I like them" would be awkward, if only because he'd probably be lying.

Probably.

Partial nakedness just made him nervous.

"Wanna sip?"

He blinked, only to notice Ny holding out a beer bottle. He checked out the label--some cheap, watery shiz--and shrugged. He mentally debated the soundness of Ny's health, who gave it to her/possible contents, and the fact it looked like chick beer. Now, he hated the term, because, yeah, chicks needn't get themselves labeled with dirty water.

"Sure," he said finally. He took the bottle and then knocked back a sip. He then handed it back. Like all the alcohol here, it was cheap and tasteless.

Or maybe that was because his mouth felt sort of full of ash. But that was normal. Smoke always did that to him.

"Thanks?" he then said. You probably should thank someone at least if you decided to take someone up on an offer. Right?

Whatever.

42 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 pm

She nods, blowing out more smoke again. She leaned up against Conway, bored out of her mind. She took the beer back, letting out a deep sigh. She pokes his side, smiling just a bit to try to amuse herself. Knowing her, things rarely amused her lately.

"So hows things been bro?" She asks, trying not to hint she was still in her shy persona. She licks her lips just a bit, watching him and waiting for a response from both him and Jay. Feeling out of it, she gently closed her eyes. Still trying to remember why she had come to a party that girl she barely knew was throwing.

Yet this didnt suprise her after all that she has been through, she didnt care much anymore. Her life couldnt get any worse nor could it get anybetter. She opened her eyes back up, looking at Conway once more and waiting for a response from him.
~Lady Death~

180 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 pm
Cspr says...

Conway had to take a moment to think about that. His eyes shuttered, went dark, as his mind went over the past few days.
She'd been worse.
A lot worse.
"Okay, I guess," he said eventually. He shrugged, pursing his lips. "Not much different. Just sucks I got roped into this." He blinked. It was a lie, but it was a rude one. "Not that I don't enjoy hanging out with you guys, but I've been told three times that the circus is in the other town and/or some variation, so this really isn't my cup of tea."
Now you sound like a whiny--
"But whatever," he said. "Kids starving in Africa and all. Not like I can complain. I think there's rum here, somewhere, too, if I can find it, so that'll be pretty awesome. But, yeah--how are you doing, Ny? I haven't seen you around much recently."
Probably because I've been hiding amongst the smokers and glue sniffers in hopes they won't ask me awkward questions.
Like this one.

42 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 pm

"life has gotten so much worse for me... I really dont know how much of it i can take anumore..."
She turns away, her eyes showing her shy personality as she looked if she were going to cry. Remebering the day she was supposed to meet her fate along with her family. She shook her head violently, looking back over at him.

"Things arent going well is all, dont worry much about it Con. Im used to this sort of thing," She says quietly, her eyes slowly fadding into a sadden gray. She still leaned against him, curling closer as she remembers more of her past. Her long hair falls into her face as she curls closer to Conway.

"Why do you ask...?" She weakly mumbles, knowing there had to be a reason for asking how she had been. Her phone vibrated, she glances at it. Jenny texted her, wondering what she was doing and if she was having fun at the party. She quickly replies to Jenny, still up against Conway. She glances up at him, hoping he wasnt bothered by her clingyness for some random reason.
~Lady Death~

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain