z

Young Writers Society

Curse of the Marie Celeste (Starting/Accepting Characters)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:17 pm
gleek456 says...

Dianna Morris
Main Deck

I inhaled the salty smell of sea water and imagined my father and brother sailing the seas with me. Clutching the map in my hand, I start to walk. I unroll the map and start studying it.

"We've reached the Sea of Weeds, Grant. Now kindly tell us where we might find the Marie Celeste," the Captain's voice echoed in my head. Sea of Weeds, where we are right now.

I run towards the supply compartment and grab a piece of paper big enough to become a map and a pencil. I start drawing lines and waves before the image is gone from my head. I slowly write in delicate handwriting, the Sea of Weeds. I run back outside and take a look at the sea.
Last edited by gleek456 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:19 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

I'm sorry it's not very good. I've been having writer's block for a while. :( Also, if anyone thinks this is a bad name for a pirate, please tell me!

Sarah Morgan

It was good to be sailing again. I missed the salty smell of the sea and the amazing sway of the Syren. I looked across at my crew and noticed to captain talking to Mister Grant. I walked over to the two.

"We've reached the Sea of Weeds, Grant. Now kindly tell us where we might find the Marie Celeste." The captain said, carrying on his conversation with our prisoner.

"Is he cooperating?" I asked, looking at the captive.

"He will."

"Where is Darkrai?"

"Stargazer, get down here! We need your navigation skills!" he called to the crow's nest. Silently, Darkrai climbed down from his post and appeared next to us.

"Yes Cap'n?" he asked.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 pm
Redfang18 says...

*OOC: I'll let it slide for now, but remember my character don't talk much and has a problem with verbal communication. The next he's gonna talk, he might be telling a long story. Dreamer, your character's name is OK with me. It's not every day I read of a pirate named Morgan.

Arthur Starmie Darkrai

I decided to make myself noticable, since I hardly say a word when I'm at the crow's nest. I asked, "Yes, Cap'n? You summoned?"
The captain smiled at me and answered, "Stargazer, write down the coordinates the way our guest says it. Think you can handle that, my lucky lad?"
I said calmly, "Aye, Cap'n. I'll see what I can do."
Grant stared at me a moment, then laughed. "You're the Stargazer?! You look like a girl."
I showed my sword and put its point at Grant's throat. I growled, "Just because my hair is long and in a braid doesn't mean I'm a girl. I am not afraid to use this. Better give me what I came down for or I'll run you through."
Grant gulped and pleaded, "I'll tell you. Don't kill me, sir. I'll tell you." So he told me the entire coordinates, just accurate enough for me to put the points on a map.
I shealthed my sword, gave the captain what he wanted, and silently resumed my position at the crow's nest. My job is done for the day. I laid on my back and stared at the sky, relaxed and calm as always when my captain's orders to me were fulfilled.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

17 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 am

I don't think Sarah is a good name for a pirate. I hope you all agree, and I know we've already started it, but I think I'm gonna change it... Maybe Sam? Thoughts, please. I've kinda been going through a tough time so my brain is a bit fried right now. I'll be off my game for a while. I'm really sorry.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 am
gleek456 says...

Dianna Morris
Main Deck

I turn around and see the Swordsman pointing his sword at Grant. I quickly walk beside the girl who wa near te captain.

"I'll tell you, sir. Don't kill me. I'll tell you," Grant said, afraid. He sheathed his sword and continued his work with the captain, then left. I take a deep breath and walk back to the railing of the ship. There were pelicans flying around and the air was still salty. I love the sea. I remember when father used to tell me stories and myths about the sea. Large sea monsters, mermaids, and such. I sigh, then walk back to te supply compartment and grab a compass. The arrow pointed east, so we were heading east, Land of the Found. I've never heard of that place, or remember any stories. I guess new lands are a good thing.

(I just chose a name for where we were headed, if that's okay!)

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:20 am
gleek456 says...

Plus, MisunderstoodDreamer, I love the name! It's fine! If you want to change it, you can put a nickname for her.

17 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:01 am
View Likes

Okay. I know or seems like a stupid thing but....it's really hard to explain! To put it simply, YWS is where I go to escape from my worries right now, so I'm taking it kinda seriously. Thanks gleek456 for your advise!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

17 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 am

MisunderstoodDreamer wrote:Name: Sarah Ann Morgan (goes mainly by Sam, but her closer friends call her Sarah, and of course her crew would call her m'lady or first-mate...)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
(that's been like that for a while but I'm not sure who all has seen it, since that wasn't what she originally looked like.

Thank you all for your patience! I'm really sorry for interrupting the SB. I just like for everything to be just right, and I'm very indecisive, and I have major OCD. But now I feel a lot better! Shall we resume?
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

17 Reviews

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 am

Short, but just trying to get things going again.

Sam

Once we were on the right course, Cap'n and I retreated into the cabin. He could tell I was a bit restless.

"Something bugging you?" he asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes, Cap'n sir, there is." I said uneasily. He raised his eyebrows, and I continued. "Well, you can't tell me that you're not worried 'bout out destination." he looked confused. "Haven't you heard the rumors about Marie Celeste? How do we know what lies ahead?!"
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 am
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Starmie Darkrai

Because of my accustomable silence, I was able to listen from the crow's nest. I heard Sam question about the destination and the Marie Celeste. Even though I often look like I was on the captain's side, truth be told I was a little uneasy. I thought, If I were you, Sam, I wouldn't question the captain. For all I care, this could be an excellent adventure. I never made it clear to the captain, but I was a pirate on my mother's side. My mother was from a very long line of secret pirates, my mother herself captain of the Black Dragon. I smiled secretly. The Black Dragon was one of the most strangest of pirate ships- since it was always run by the Darkrai family- and I myself was the descendant of her deceased captain. If I make this bounty, I would return to port and take over the Black Dragon to earn my place as a full-blooded pirate.

*OOC: This guy can dream, can't he? I mean, I did say he's half pirate in his history.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro