z

Young Writers Society

Extinction

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:39 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*eyes widen* *gulp* *slowly inches away from the crazy weirdos in this SB while laughing nervously*

*Runs back to you crazy weirdos* What am I saying??? I'm a crazy weirdo just like all you guys! *Whips out a chainsaw, turn it on, and runs around like a maniac while cackling*
Live, Love, Laugh

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:28 am
Teardrop says...

I guess we're pretty full, we'll start when BrooklynWriter finishes.
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?
- Yeah Boy And Doll Face ~ Pierce The Veil

84 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:44 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*cough cough*
Ermmmm...it's been two days...I even sent Brooklyn a PM, and she hasn't responded. When can we start?....not to sound impatient.
Live, Love, Laugh

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I'm thinking we should just start, consent or no. I'm itching to killhurttalk to FF's charrie!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 am
fictionfanatic says...

*reconsiders joining* Just kidding. Hahaha
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*cough cough* THREE days now
Live, Love, Laugh

75 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 pm
Teardrop says...

Sorry about not getting back, I had to write a play with a friend for school and was getting that ready. Yeah, go ahead, whoever wants to start go ahead! ^_^
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Clyde

"Please exit the plane in an organized manor." The intercom ordered.

"Finally." I sighed, standing abruptly and beating the crowd to get t my bag. I reached high, but couldn't quite reach it.

"Can I help you with that?" A lady asked. At first, I though it was just an employee, but I could see it was a passenger now.

"Oh. Thanks!" I said as the chick grabbed my bag and hoisted it down. "I'm Clyde."

"Clyde? That's a nice name. Mine's Alaska."

"Alaska? Isn't that a state?"

"Yea, but it's also my name."

"Warning, we are taking off." the intercom blared again as the plane kicked back into motion.

"WHAT?!" I yelped, my voice intertwined with all the screams for other passengers. I huge bump came from the front as both myself and Alaska tumbled into the row where I was sitting, Alaska on top of me.

"What was THAT?!" Someone screamed as Alaska pulled herself into the seat next to me. I looked out the window.

Was that a... mammoth?!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 am
fictionfanatic says...

Alaska:

My bag in hand, I spotted a girl who appeared to be having trouble getting her bag down.

Coming up behind her, I asked, "Can I help you with that?"

She looked me over for a second, but then said, "Oh. Thanks!"

I then reached up and pulled down the suitcase the was hers as she said, "I'm Clyde."

Handing her her bag, I said, "Clyde? That's a nice name. Mine's Alaska."

Clyde's eyebrows drew together and she asked, "Alaska? Isn't that a state?"

Nodding understandingly, I responded, "Yeah, but it's also my name."

"Warning, we are taking off." The person the intercom blared, throwing the plane back into motion.

"WHAT?!" Clyde yelled, muffled by all of the screams from the other passengers. The plane hit a big bump and I toppled over into Clyde's row, falling right ontop of her.

"What was that?!" Someone screamed as I pulled myself off of Clyde and into the sit beside her, placing my bag at my feet.

The plane came to a halting stop, rising another scream from everyone, and everyone hesitated for another minute, making sure the plane wouldn't jerk back into motion.

Slowly, I stood up and looked around at the faces around me, noticing that they all appeared to be around my age.

Strange, I thought to myself as I grabbed my bag.

Slowly, everyone began to rise. I quickly counted the people. Eight in all, three guys and five girls, including myself.

As everyone began to pick up their things, I headed for the exit, just wanting to get out of the plane before the pilot decided to move again.

I was the first one out of the plane, Clyde behind me, and everyone else following closely.

There was something very...different. Something was off, something weird, something strange. Hopefully, I unzipped my bag and pulled out my camera, wishing for something to take a picture of.

Then something really weird happened - the plane started to leave. Everyone turned to the dangerously close plane as it rolled down the pavement and soon took to the air, flying away.

"What's going on!?" I said to no one in particular.

At that moment, some guy with sandy blonde hair in a mohawk began to sputter, pointing behind me.

When I turned, I saw something that I had only seen in books, movies, magazines, etc. Before me stood the great and powerful wooly mamoth.

The mamoth stood, watching us all watch him. My dangerous side took over and I immediately just started snapping pictures, ignoring the looks I was getting from the others.

My photography seemed to annoy the mamoth, and it grew irritable, stomping its feet.

"Run!" I heard someone yell.

If it weren't for Clyde latching onto my arm and dragging me by my arm, I would have stayed to take pictures, but I was forced to run with everyone else.

*hope this is alright*
Live, Love, Laugh

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:20 am
Camulaeus says...

Hey I'm on vacation right now so I might not be able to post for a few days, please mention my character so I don't have to write a page long introducotry and catching up post. (uses puppy dog eyes)
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

75 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:00 pm
Teardrop says...

Cassie

The plane jerked to a stop, throwing me into the seat in front of me. The other seven people on the plane were shouting questions in panic. I clutched my bag in my hand.

My hand gripped the seat so tightly my knuckles were white. I stumbled out into the aisle of the plane. I followed a kid with slightly curly brown hair, he looked around my age, and just as confused as everybody.

We all filed into the airport. Flight attendants, and employees were running around cluelessly. I slung my duffelbag over my shoulder, and watched the chaos appear.

The airport was almost empty, but screams were ringing from inside and out. I watched a woman stumble through the revolving doors. Her shirt was black with blood, her face beaded with sweat.

"It's over, it's over!" she sobbed loudly, sinking to her knees, and wrapping her arms aound her body, shaking back and forth.

Without realizing it, I bumped into the guy in front of me. He spun around.

"Sorry," I said quickly. Glancing at the woman in front of the door from the corner of my eye curiously.

"It's fine," he said softly.

"I'm Cassie," I introduced myself softly.

"Seal."

"What's happening?" I wondered aloud. Seal shrugged, following my eyes to the woman. I squinted out the window behind the woman, and didn't believe what I saw.

"Oh my God! Is that a- a mammoth?" I sputtered. I took a few steps forward, and I was sure of it. But they were extinct, right?

The mammoth was rampaging down the parkinglot, destroying cars that were in it's way. I felt the need to reach up, and pinch myself in the arm to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

The other passengers were beginning to take notice, shouting and wondering aloud. The woman was still sitting, rocking back and forth, tears running down her face like Niagra Falls.

This can't be happening...

--

Note: I hope this is okay, Cam, wasn't exactly sure how you wanted Seal mentioned, but I tried. Ahaha. Anyway, just incase, the woman isn't anyone of you guys, she's completely random. ^_^

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:10 pm
Camulaeus says...

It's fine, actually it's perfect :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seal

Disbelief didn't even begin to cover what I was feeling. I had no control as my body stumbled a step backwards and my mouth gaped open. The mammoth was beyond large, like some flare of light it consumed the limits of my vision; frothing in my senses in a mess of brown fur. I watched as if tossed a Mercedes-Benz, complete with a screaming middleaged man, effortlessly with it's razor sharp pointed tusks.

The girl behind me, Cassie, had clutched my arm, her knuckles turning pale white as her nails dug into my skin. For a second I was reminded of how my mom would clutch me, and a wave of panic and fear washed through my brain. Our home couldn't be more than 2 miles from the city limits, was a mammoth tearing up my house? These thoughts soon fled as the mammoth let loose a tremendous bellow, and started towards the plane.

"RUN!" Cassie shrieked, and we took off with the rest of the passengers. Her blonde hair whipped around her as she sprinted slightly ahead of me. I tossed a glance over my shoulder to watch as a pair of orange-vested airplane maintence workers were thrown like feeble paper bags in the wind over the shoulders of the rampaging beast. It's stench clogged my nostrils even from this distance. Repulsed by the smell of wet mammoth I ran on all the faster, plowing through a sea of screams and chaos.

"The exit!" somebody shouted, pointing across the expanse of concrete to the gate between the airport and the highway. With a single minded likeness everybody who had been on the plane turned towards the steel gate, I noticed Cassie still clutched my arm, yet I couldn't feel anything other than my feet slapping the hard quad below.

(will wait for Teardrop to tell us where the SB is heading)
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

75 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm
Teardrop says...

Okay, so my guess would be that the first thing they would do, after running, would be to try and find/ and or contact their families. By the way, here's the disscusion thread for Extinction, to keep this mainly for the storybook itself. Thanks. topic78576.html

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:57 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alaska:

Everyone headed for the exit to get away from the beast. At this point, Clyde had released my arm and I was just following, not daring to look back so I wouldn't be tempted to stop to take pictures.

Everyone made it through the exit, and I heard the angered mamoth trying to break through but he was unsuccesful, thank God.

People began to stop, but I urged, "Don't stop here, it could still break through."

We all continued to run, some seeming to struggle due to their luggage, but pressing on anyway.

After we seemed to be a good distance away, I spotted a hotel and suggested we all go in to try and contact our families, maybe find out what's going on.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:21 pm
MyStoryline says...

Tyler:

I didn't appreciate being told what to do, but I figured that ,at the moment, it was better than being trampled by a mamoth.

When we all entered the hotel, the first thing I noticed was how empty it was.

"Damn" I said to no one in particular, "Looks like the mamoth scared everyone away."

As I walked over to the desk, my ears picked up on something that sounded like sobbing. I peered over the counter and saw a middle aged woman sitting against the counter, crying, her hand pressed against her mouth. She tilted her head back and looked up at me.

Slowly, she stood up.

Shawn:

Running all that way had been extremely difficult because of my keyboard, but there was no way I was going to leave it behind.

We entered the hotel and the guy with dark hair and green eyes peered over the counter, which caused a woman who looked to be in her thirties or fourties stand up, tears staining her cheeks.

Clearing my throat, I stepped forward and asked, "What's going on here?"

The woman's eyes widened and she looked at us like we were crazy, "You mean you don't know?"

The eight of us nodded our head in unison.

The woman gulped, and then said, "All I know is that some experiments got loose and they have been causing mass chaos. There's been great damage, injuries, and even deaths."

I felt my eyes darken as I demanded, pounding my fists against the counter, "What are the scientists doing about it?"

She slowly shook her head and a look of distaste crossed her face as she said venomously, "Nothing. They're just hiding away - or at least those that survived."

We all turned to look at each other, and I'm sure the same thought crossed our minds - what about our parents?

With a gulp, I turned back to the woman and said, "Would you happen to haev a telephone we could use"

The woman nodded and pulled out a phone from behind the desk, placing it on the counter. I quickly dialed the number, and after a minute of waiting, I got the machine.

Urgently, I said, "Mom, Dad, it's Shawn. I'm back from the trip and - everything really confusing right now. Please just call me so I know you're okay." I waited for a few seconds to see if they would pick up the phone, but sighed and hung up, giving someone else the oppurtunity to call their parents

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling