z

Young Writers Society

Darkness Rising

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Sid~

Sid stood over a Kaiser's body. They were strapped to the table squirming against their restraints. Their muffled howls came from behind their gag. Sid picked up a vile of green liquid. He looked down at the squirming figure with annoyance.

"Stop your whining. You should be honored to even enter my lab. Most of you just die out there in the woods and bodies serve as nothing but food for maggots and vultures. Death in here gives your death meaning. Your death will aide in the evolution of man kind." Sid handed the vile to Helena who transported it into a syringe. She handed it back to him with a smile.

Without preamble Sid injected the creature. At first nothing appeared to happen. He was about to chalk it up to a failed experiment, but to his surprise a reaction began. The creatures body began to thrash more violently and thick brown liquid spewed for it's mouth and seeped around its gag. In that same instant a steady stream of waste was ejected from it's lower half sending out red urine and thick, runny feces across the experiment table. Sid stepped back and Helena did a back flip away from the table and landed on another table, watching as the creature continually let out bodily fluids. The flow finally stopped after a few more seconds and the creature fell back limp to the table.

"Check if he it's alive," Sid said to Helena.

She nodded and leaped onto the creatures chest. She checked his pulse and looked up at Sid. "He's dead."

"Interesting, it seemed to have induced a release of all of his bodily fluids. He must have dehydrated."

Sid wrote down the results on his note pad. Of course he had to try the serum two more times, after all. A experiment must be done at least three times to see if the results matched up. If the other two did the same then he'd know to move on to the next. Where are those idiots with my specimens, he thought.

"Clean up this mess. It smells like a outhouse, and if those idiots complete their job we'll have company. I wouldn't want them to see my lab like this." He sniffed the air and gave the creature one lost glance. It's body was caked with puke and feces, as was the table and the floor. "I want this place to glisten when you're done." Without another word he left the room.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:45 am
SisterItaly says...

Raiu

I took a deep breath and pulled it tight. I wouldn't have long to aim, so this was more of a game of who-can-shoot-faster. I twisted around the trunk and shot the arrow. There was a small scream from the tree, then a girl fell to the ground. Her forehead was bleeding slightly, proving my shot did something harmful after all.

It was just a small nick in her forehead. She would wake up soon enough.

"We need to get out of here, let me see that arm beast." he spat, holding his hand out.

The beast looked at him with distrust for a moment, then held his shoulder towards him. Raiu simply touched the head of the arrow and the beast snarled and snapped at him. Raiu backed off defensively and raised his hands. That arrow head needed to come out.

"That's not going to come out the easy way. We're going to have to get a medic to look at that."

Wait... why was he helping the beasts? They took everything that mattered from him. He owed this one, he had pulled him out of the way of an arrow. That was his excuse. Once he helped the beast he would leave.

"I will not go to your town Bastilin." he snarled, and surprisingly the girl did too. Were they really that afraid of humans now?

Why couldn't things be the way they were in his father's stories? His father told him that once upon a time Kaiser didn't go feral, and they walked into town all the time without worry. With the way those ferals tore him apart... Raiu shook his head.

"You'll be with me. We'll just say your my slave and you'll be safe. Or would you rather have the wound close around that Arrow head?"

The beast reluctantly agreed, and the female followed along behind them.

Rora

The boys were beginning to get annoyed with her, but she didn't notice. She just happily trailed along behind them. She would sometimes get distracted by a passing bug or something, and the Bastilin would grab her wrist and pull her back before she got hurt.

She learned that the other Kaiser's name was Varg, and the Bastilin was Raiu. She smiled sweetly and refused to leave them. She made the short trip last hours.

When they reach the edge of the forest the Bastilin stopped them and reach into his bag. Rora cringed when he brought out some rope.

"If we're going to go into town I'm going to have to tie you up." Raiu mumbled.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:55 am
WrittenInStone says...

Alexiss

Her eyes flew open, and she inhaled with a gasp. Her hand reached out and touched the bow that lay askew on the ground. Oh, dear. She thought briefly, Sid wasn't going to be too pleased with how her hunting had turned out.

She wondered briefly if he would punish her - expirement on her because of her failure.

Alexiss gripped her bow tightly as she pushed herself into an upright position - her failure was going to be the talk of the Izci. Most of them knew her for her reputation of bringing back the perfect specimen but apparently her reputation meant nothing today.

She licked her lips as she thought idly about what to do next - obviously she had to track the Kaisers and see if she could somehow manage to knock them unconscious with a tipped dart. Obviously not tipped with poison. Sid liked his victims alive rather than limp and motionless, so she had them tipped with a tincture of herbs that had a specialty of rendering the victim immobile.

Your wasting time, Alexiss. She told herself sternly before rising to her feet and slinging her bow across her back. Now it was time to turn the tables on these beasts - they became the prey while she became the hunter.

Alexiss brushed away dark ringlets of hair from her eyes before setting onto the trail they left behind them. It was time to be the sly fox she was trained to be - it was time to catch some rowdy beasts.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 pm
Camulaeus says...

(moved to DT)
Last edited by Camulaeus on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:21 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Cam, how can you be lost or confused? We've just started. Sid is in his lab. Raiu, Rora and Varg are in the forest and Alexiss is tracking them. That's not that confusing. So, just throw your character in somewhere if you still want to be in this and no longer confused/lost.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:43 pm
Lethero says...

Varg

Varg glared at the Bastilin. He didn't like the idea of being paraded through town as a slave, and didn't like the thought of being tied up even more. "I will not go through the town of these weaklings looking like a prisoner," Varg growled.

"If you want that arrow out, you will," the Bastilin replied.

"How can I be sure you won't turn us in as soon as you can," Varg replied.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll tie them as loose as I can," the Bastilin returned. "That way, if you feel threatened, you can just escape and run away. And you'll just have to take my word that I won't turn you in."

Varg removed his remaining knife and tossed at the ground at the Bastilin's feet where it lay quivering in the ground right next to his toes. "You turn me or her in and you'll be dead before you have the chance to realize it it. Understood?" The Bastilin nodded and Varg held out his wrists. The knot was kept loose enough that Varg knew he could break through it without straining himself. The Bastilin did the same to the other Kaiser and using the other end of the rope, led them into the town.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

66 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:38 pm
SisterItaly says...

Raiu

The male really didn't seem to trust Raiu. Well he would just have too for the time being. Rora seemed perfectly fine with what was happening, yet slightly nervous about having her wrists bound. For an active girl she never said much. Raiu thought for a moment... the most he had heard her say was her name.

He shrugged and pulled them along the path towards the town. Again, Rora wasn't making the trip very easy. In fact she was making it more difficult then last time. She would see something amusing and tug one way, which would result in the wolf snarling in pain and tugging her back. When he finally tugged to hard and she fell over Raiu decided he needed to hold her wrist.

When they finally reach a healer Rora was fussing. Probably bored or disturbed by how many real slaves there were. Raiu handed Varg off to the healer and the rope suddenly slipped through his fingers. Rora ran off, and he wasn't quiet sure where she was going. But he wasn't going to have it on his conscious if she was caught.

"You stay here with the healer and... no killing him." Raiu whispered that last bit.

Before he could get a response he ran off after Rora.

Rora

She was just so enticed by all the smells and sites. She couldn't help but shudder at all the slaves, but the way humans and Bastilin lived was just so interesting.

She stopped by a cage, there was a frightened female Kaiser sitting in it... was she crying? It was another wolf Kaiser... Varg would have hated to see this. She wrapped her hands around the bars and looked in at the girl.

"Why are you crying?" she asked in Kaiser, hoping the girl still knew her language.

The girl gave a start and looked up to Rora. Rora quickly snapped the rope off her wrists, it was becoming irritating. The girl scrambled over to her and tried to push her away through the bars. Rora was rather confused, she didn't even know why the girl was in there in the first place. Did she do something wrong?

"Run, Tiger run! They'll sell you too! Get back under the cover of the forest!" she pleaded.

Rora blinked. "Oh they can't sell me. Raiu told me that I had to pretend to be his slave so I would be safe." she smiled.

Raiu came running over and grabbed Rora by the arm, panting. He quickly picked up the rope from the ground and tied it like a leash around her neck.

"Rora, you can't run off like that. You had me worried sick! and ... oh who's this?" he asked, looking at the frightened girl.

She quietly explained that she was a slave, and about to be sold. Raiu couldn't just sit by and let that happen. What had happened to him? He went soft on Kaisers. But she seemed so harmless... so afraid. He quietly unlocked the cage and grabbed her wrist.

"Come with me, I'll get you back to the forest."

*If you didn't know, that's your character Untameable.*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

5 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 pm
Camulaeus says...

-
Last edited by Camulaeus on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:57 pm
untameabletiger says...

Mauvea "Vea"(Mow-vaya)
Fresh tears rolled down my face, I didn't want to be sold, but I had no way to stop it. My useless thinkig was interrupted by a soft voice.

"Why are you crying?"

Another Kaiser here by her own will? Is she crazy?! I thought, as I pushed my way against the bars, I couldn't say this to loud.

"Run, Tiger run! They'll sell you too! Get back under the cover of the forest!" I couldn't let another one of us be put behind these bars.

"Oh they can't sell me. Raiu told me that I had to pretend to be his slave so I would be safe." She smiled as she spoke.

whoever this Raiu guy is must be pretty bright I thought Just as that thought ran through my head, a bastilin guy ran up, tieing a rope around her neck. It was over. I shrunk back into the cage, now more frightened than ever.

"Rora, you can't run off like that. You had me worried sick! and ... oh who's this?" He spoke directly to the tiger Kaiser, then moved his gaze to me. I knew the girl was talking, but I couldn't understand a word of it, she was to quiet. Sticking to the facts, this was Raiu, It had to be. The next thing I knew, the Bastilin unlocked the cage and grabbed my shaking wrist.

"Come with me, I'll get you back to the forest." he said looking me in the eyes, I couldn't be to sure, maybe he was working with the Izci. I looked over towards tiger, she nodded. Now her, I could trust. I was semi-pulled out of the cage before I began following them out of this hell hole. It was very dark, my two biggest consentrations were, 1. Get out of this place alive. and 2. Do not run into anything.

70 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Alexiss

She overlooked the Bastilin village, it was large to her concern but she knew that most of them either sold or enslaved the few Kaisers that remained in the forests around here. She slung her bow across her back and grabbed a dagger - it's hilt was nicely decorated metal with small pieces of black rock enlaid inside. She gripped it tightly as she slunk down into the village - most of them wouldn't care if she was there but others ... she had to be careful.

Alexiss examined the cages that stood outside of a few of the places - some were empty and some were full with a kaiser who clawed and howled it's rage in feral form.

She closed her eyes for a moment as she stood still and then she opened them - a pure wite she knew they'd be and she let her senses overtake her as she went into her spirit form.

The sounds chattered loudly in her ears and the smell of feces from the cages was insufferable but then she smelt it - the tang of blood from the arrow she'd shot.

She closed her eyes and called herself back to open brown eyes and examen the grounds. She'd smelt it from the west side of the town and she knew that she had to get there quickly.

She glanced at one of the Kaisers - one had a tough metal leash wrapped around it's neck and it snapped viciously at any Bastilin that walked by. She smiled, and opened it's cage before resting the dagger's blade at it's throat. The creature froze and she smiled.

"You will help me to find a male Kaiser with an arrow wound - it is accompanied by a female and a Bastilin." she growled in the Kaiser's language.

Who reluctantly bounded from the cage and snarled, it's large wolf figure reaching up to her shoulder. She gazed at it before turning her attention to the leash and she gripped it tightly in her left fist and nodded to it's expectant face for it to continue on.
---

Kiroven (Kiro)

His heavy paws pounded the ground as he was ordered by the female Izci to find one of his brethren. His eyes burned an acidic amber as he glanced back at her - what was he to do with a knife at his throat?

He lowered his head and opened his jaws, scenting the air for the distinct smell of copper-blood. There! He found it - no need to anger the woman at the moment but he knew that her Kaiser wasn't as good as she thought it was - he would certainly be able to beseech help from the others once he met them.

The smell of Bastilin was everywhere and he snapped his teeth warily, he didn't like this encampment - they were hawkers and traders in this place.

His nose wrinkled at the smell of blood and he glanced over at the woman before breaking into a sprint - she followed him and kept pace. This one would be tough to outrun if it came to that.

He gave a short yip as he spotted the male Kaiser - in his half form - standing beside a building and one hand tentatively touching his wound.

The Izci smiled and stepped forward before unslinging her bow and notching an arrow - "Come nicely and I spare your life." she said in her rough Kaiser immitation.

Kiro glanced at her with a furious glare, but the other Kaiser wasn't paying attention to the woman, he was glaring at him. The male stared at him as if asking why he had betrayed his own kid but Kiro hadn't.

He simply had to wait for the right moment and then - his concentration went up and he
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm
Lethero says...

Varg

Varg sat still long enough for the healer to pull the arrowhead out. The doctors quickly patched it up and put a poultice over it. As soon as the doctor was, he jumped off the table and left the building. He leaned against the building, poking the wound, when her heard a woman say is Kaiser, "Come nicely and I spare your life." He looked up and glared not at the woman but at the Kaiser who led her, a wolf like him. Varg could see him tense as the woman changed her attention on him and knew what to do.

"I'm not going with you," Varg said in chopped Izci, surprising woman. "I rather be free."

"Is that so?" the woman said, getting her composure back. She pulled the arrow back and aimed at his chance. "Last chance, beast." Before the woman could react the other Kaiser attacked her, knocking the bow out of her hand, opening her hand up.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

66 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:29 pm
SisterItaly says...

*Raiu demands I write him in first person*
Raiu

Rora seemed happy with my task. She was a good kid... but I had been meaning to ask the wolf Kaiser why he would mate with a tiger. That's if they were mated after all. He helped the girl wolf walk through the town, towards the healer's hut. When he saw the scene he handed her off to Rora and ran up to Varg.

"Quick, everyone split up. Make sure the girls get back to the woods safe." he turned to the chained Kaiser and yanked him off of the Izci. Varg hesitated. "Go!"

Varg ran off, and after looking over his shoulders the girls did too. Now, if he didn't calm down the Kaiser the Bastilin would kill him. He yanked the chain and the Feral turned to him.

Rora

We all split up, and I was afraid. But I supposed breaking up let us hide in the crowd from the girl. I saw the two wolf Kaisers for a moment, then the female sprang for the woods. I couldn't see Varg any more. I panted and ran into a man holding a chained vixen Kaiser.

"Did you escape your cage little one?" he cooed.

I tilted my head and looked up to him. I couldn't understand a word he was saying, but it didn't sound good. He grabbed at me, and I turned to run. He then grabbed my tail and hooked a shackle around my ankle.

The Book.

70 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Kiro

His claws gouged into the woman's flesh, her cry of pain as he sliced into her was all that he needed to spurr him on before the chain around his throat tightened and was yanked backwards.

The large wolf turned around and licked his chalps and snarled at the Bastilin, the same creature that had locked him inside of the cages before. His amber eyes burned, and he crouched down - preparing to lunge.

The metal links around his throat tightened again and he was jerked up, he was on his pawtips as he glowered at the Bastilin, he barked a harsh growl as he jerked his head up in question.

Why had the Bastilin saved the woman? He'd rather have had her killed, and inside his instincts raged to tear open her throat.

Alexiss

She cried out in agony, the Kaiser's claws tearing open expose flesh and she cradled her hand that bled to her chest. She glanced up at the Bastilin and raised her eyebrows, "What are you doing?' she demanded, her brown gaze narrowed suspiciously.

Alexiss's suspicions were well founded considering the Bastilin didn't normally enjoy the Izci's company since they'd begun to rule over the other races but for now it seemed he was siding with her rather than the Kaisers though he'd helped the other's escape.

Confusion swept across her features and she glanced down at the enraged Feral. She smirked, "I'd hand him back to me before you become the meal of the day." she said snidely.

|| Wisp. ||

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:51 am
Camulaeus says...

Turoch

I lumbered along the forest, crushing small branches and twigs with my massive bulk. The screams had been coming from a westerly direction, so that was where I was headed. Nowadays the only screams came from Kaiser as they were hunted viciously by the Izci. Mass Race Genocide was a big no-no on my list.

I rounded a clearing and noticed a large Wolf Kaiser in Feral form chained up and being tugged at viciously via iron chains around it's muzzle. Such cruelty already fueled my anger towards the Izci, and I reached my limit when I noticed a little girl being shackled by a menacing man who had already enslaved a Kaiser in the form of a vixen. I felt my anger pulsate through me, and then the rest happened in a blur.

I leapt from the trees and tackled the Izci. We twisted and grappled around on the forest floor for a while, I dimly noticed the girl kicking him, before I was able to pin him down and deliver the final blow to his neck. The vixen Kaiser he had been carrying darted off into the woods. The other however remained where he was; as she was shackled around the ankles.

"Well, are you going to say thanks?" I asked.

70 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 am
WrittenInStone says...

Kiro

His eyes followed the movement of the creature that leapt at the male Izci who'd just caught himself a female Kaiser with a shackle to the ankle. He howled in rage as he twisted against his restraints, his claws digging into the ground as he tried to pull away but it was useless - the chain wouldn't give way and the Bastilin refused to let go no matter how hard he was jerked around.

The male Kaiser's gaze turned to the taunting Izci and he snarled at her, his fangs dripped saliva onto the dusty ground before he turned to the creature who'd helped the other Kaiser - he yelped in pain when the Izci female struck him with her dagger. He turned to see the large wound the bled down his flank.

Kiro's eyes narrowed and he shook his muzzle viciously and managed to slip some of the chain from the Bastilin's grasp as he tried to lunge at the Izci - to tear her throat open and spill her lifeblood on the ground.

He snapped his jaws - inches away from her flesh but she stepped back and he growled at the futility before finally settling - there was no chance that he'd escape unless he could convey his need to the other creature who slunk behind the Bastilin.

He whimpered, a strange sound coming from such a large creature, but it was useless trying to escape on his own - a first.

|| Wisp. ||

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke