Young Writers Society

Academy for Young Demons (Dead | Full)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 am
jessig833 says...

Name:Keene Blaire

Type of Demon:Har'lakk

Appearance: He's short and slender,with jet black hair that come to his eyes.He likes to wear dark colors and he has green eyes that turns dark blue when he is doing a powerful spell.

Personality: He's calm and queit when he's not planing way to get better at pulling off spells. He is normaly shy but will have long talks with his close friend and he is always be seen with a book in his hand.

Course Major:Magic(spell,curses...) nature magic

History:Keene doesn't know his parents. As long as he can remeber he's lived with his uncle
and thats fine with him.Everytime he asked about his parents his uncle would makes up a reason to change the subject so when he got older he just stop asking.

Up for Love: yes/Gay

Other:Keene has a black pet cat name kasha that gets bigger when it wants to.When she gets bigger she looks like a panther.
Last edited by jessig833 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:43 pm
SisterItaly says...

Daria

I gripped the paper in my hand as I heaved the bag up the front stairs to the dorm. It seemed my roommate was some Jinn named Rasui. I sighed and crumpled the paper into my pocket. I would need it later.

My mother and her current infatuation had spent all morning helping me move in. My new roommate would love me, my mother wasn't exactly poor. So I had a nice big couch that we moved in and a nice big Television. I even knew how to catch Fleshie T.V.

My mom gave me a quick hug at the top of the steps and wished me luck. With that they got in their car and drove off. I sighed and rolled my eyes, opening the door to the dorm. There were many demons like myself, some that had a more monstrous appearance. Others, like myself looked almost human.

I waved and walked through the lobby towards the hall. Eyes were on me, but I figured that was because people were nosy and awkward. They always stared at the person who entered the room.

Sparky tugged at his leash and yipped at the people, I smiled down at his and scooped him up in my arms to calm him down. All I needed was him bursting into flame in the lobby. I didn't feel like getting kicked out of college on the first day of it.

"Come on Baby, let's find our room and wait for our nasty wittle woommate." I cooed at him.

He nuzzled his nose into my arm and looked up to me, giving me the puppy face. I smiled and petted him as I walked down the hall in search of room seven. To my surprise, the door was open. I walked in and saw who I was guessing was my roommate sitting on my couch.

I raised an eyebrow at him and put a hand on my hip, my bag was beginning to make my shoulder numb.

"Daria, left side is mine." I nodded to the bed on the left side of the room.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Rasui Farrar | Dorm Room 7:

I lounged on the couch, eying the tall, blue bottle next to my bed. No doubt my roommate would be asknig about it. I rolled my eyes as she said something about the left side being hers. I gazed back at her with a blank look. "Your left or mine?" I asked, sarcasm leaking into my voice. It was a good thing I wasn't allowed to harm my fellow students. I sighed. Oh well, I was gonig to have to settle for teasing instead. Hopefully it would be worth it.

She glowered at me but I was already eying the little fox-thingy in her arms. What the hell was that thing? I frowned, leaning forwards a little. The fox-thing was glaring at me. Was it angry? I didn't know and didn't care. Switching back to my blank facade, I leaned back again and put one hand behind my head. Or not worth it.

"So," I said, tiliting my head to one side. Daria kept staring at me, somewhat angry. "You going to answer my question, girl?"

"I am not a girl!" she shouted. I blinked. Uhm, oops?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:03 pm
SisterItaly says...

Daria

I blinked and shook my head.

"I-I am a girl. I have a name. Use it." I snapped.

I walked over to the bed I wanted and plopped my bag down on it. I unhooked Sparky from his leash and he quickly scampered around the room, smelling everything and getting used to his new living arrangements. I giggled at him and turned to unpack my clothes.

I heard Rasui make a gagging/spitting noise and looked over to see Sparky up on his lap. He was licking his face happily, as his little tail wagged back and forth happily. I laughed and let Sparky get acquainted with his new best friend.

"Be happy he likes you, wold you rather be on fire right now?" I chuckled, as I folded a shirt and placed it in a drawer.

He didn't- couldn't respond, Sparky was happy. I had actually been kind of worried that they wouldn't get along. I fluffed up the stuffed bear and sat him on my pillow. I glanced over my shoulder at the two and laughed, Ras -as I had nicknamed him- just sat there, clueless as to what to do with the dog that had fallen asleep on his lap.

I tossed him a squeak toy and returned to unpacking.

"If he starts bugging you again just throw that and he'll leave you alone. He would rather chew on that then you."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Camden-

Camden or Cam as he was usually called walked down the hall towards his room. Some would call it nostalgia that the two forms he preferred the most were of his mother and father. He wasn’t sure if this was true, but even staying as one of them for more than a few hours was boring. He currently took on the form of his father when he was young. He was tall and skinny with a mop of brownish blond hair. It was the face he often used to deal with official things, such as getting all of his papers together from the office.

He walked into his room and deposited his suitcase on the nearest bed. He pulled the perfume bottle from his pack and placed it on the table. He looked around the small room. He needed more room to stretch and his roommate was currently nowhere in sight. He closed his eyes and when he opened them he stood in a grand foyer with a low hanging chandelier. To an outside observer it looked like he had turned to purple smoke and entered the small glass bottle, but for him the change was instant. He decided wait in his living room and read while he waited for his roommate to arrive. When the roommate came he would exit the bottle to introduce himself.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm
jessig833 says...

Keene:Dorm room: 11

I walked down the hall to my dorm with Kasha in my arms,"Now,kasha no eating my roommate i don't care how good they smell. Ok.." I said with a smile.

I stoped in front of the room with a big 1 in the middle,sucking in a deep breath I opened the door and walked in, I did a quick scan of the room by the look of things my roommate had already arrived .Putting kasha down I made my way over to the right side of the room closer to the window.

Kasha stalked the room."Get use to buddy we're going to be here for a while " I said as I turned to look out the window,cars still pulled up droping off more student,"I better unpack my roommate could be back any minute" I said pulling a bag out of my pocket.Opening it I pulled out toy like items.

I arranged them all over the room then I mumbled a quick spell and slowly they grew in size until the room was full of full size furniture it was a little snug but I would make the room bigger a little later. Now all that was left to unpack was my spell books.

Then I notice a bottle in the middle of the floor I was thinking so much about a good first impresion I must have over looked it. Kasha circled it hissing, I pulled her away so I could get a better look then out of thin air a guy stood in front of me I was to shocked to speak.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm
Sunshine says...

Lia Lavaner

I scrunched my nose at the door. Yep. Dorm number three. My new home. I run my hair through my dirty blond hair. I open the door, half expecting someone to be lying on the bed waiting for me. No one. In fact, the room only had one made bed in it. The other one was of to the side. I guess they moved it when they found out about the uneven amount of students. Just my luck, I'd happened to be the last one out. The uneven child. I'm really thinking my luck has diminished since the whole "humans cutting down my forest" deal. Shmucks. I plop down on my bed and turn on the radio. " Underworld Alive." Perfect. I rummage through my bag pulling out everything I'd brought. That little leaf amulet enchated with nature magic. The last leaf from my home. Bag of pranks, if I ever came into the mood. I looked out my window, eying the styx below. The best river in the world. The undead world of demons, that is. I arrange my stuff into the room, sloppily. I wrinkled my nose. It smelled like death in here. I reach into my bag and squirt around the smell of pine needles. Demons have a sense of smell to. I look down at my schedule. Well. I really didn't feel like cleaning and arranging my room so I might as well exploring. I step out of my room into the heavily decorated hall. I feel someone collide with me with a crack.
Last edited by Sunshine on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Fox

My... room. Great. It was just two bedrooms, a plain kitchen, and a living room. Nothing was in it. i had to hope that my roomate had some stuff. because I sure didn't.

"Are you... Fox?" A voice asked from behind. I spun to see a man around my age.

"Yeah. You must be Riro, right?"

"Yup. Sea demon, at your service." He said. As I looked closer, I saw he was... scaly. Ew. "Anyways, where's your stuff?"

"Oh, I didn't bring it. It was dilapidated anyways. I have some money I stol- saved up, though, for the basic things like a bed." I admitted, not really lying.

"Well, whatever. Do you mind fish?"

"I hate fish. It tastes all gros-"

"As pets."

"Oh, not at all. As long as you don't mind foxes!"

"Foxes?"

"Yea. My pet, Amber. He's a fox- he'll be here soon. I like to keep a window open for him to go in and out of, if that's alright."

"Yeah, it's fine."

"So, what side of the room do you want?" I asked him.

"Dibs on the right side!" We yelped at the same time.

Oh no, we will not get together well. I feel bad for our neighbors- they will be getting as little sleep as we will.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 pm
TabbyGirl says...

Riro

For a moment me and this Fox girl just stared at each other. I didn't want to start an argument, but she’s the one who asked me, and the right side had a view of the Styx! A river, in other words, a body of water. Don't I deserve atleast a little reminder of home? Not that the black, cold, drifting river was anything like where I came from... not like the deep blue water I was used to...

"You know, it's cool, I don't mind..." I said, grabbing my suitcase and walking towards the bed on the left side.

"No, I don't really care," she insisted, "take the right, please."

I looked from the right side of the room, to Fox, and asked, "You sure?"

"Positive," she replied simply.

"Well, if you insist," I dropped my backpack on the ground, stepped over to the right, put my suitcase on the bed, and, after making sure Fox couldn't see, smiled triumphantly to myself for a moment, before turning back to her.

“So,” I began, grabbing my backpack and unzipping it, I pulled a smaller bag out of my backpack. It was a green drawstring bag about the size of a wallet, “Fox, tell me, what got you in here? I mean… what are you? What type of demon?”
Last edited by TabbyGirl on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 am
Camulaeus says...

Reidch

I walked along the decorated hall of the Academy. Who's their designer, a hobo? I thought to myself as the art became less and less tasteful. I finally found my room; Number 2.

I was disappointed even more as I walked into my room. A girl with red hair about my age was on a bed, a book in her hands. She glanced up at me for a split second and then turned back to her book. Great. Stick me with the shy one. I didn't bother saying something; she obviously didn't want to talk.

I walked across the creaky floor boards and onto the other side of the room. A queen-sized bed dominated the cramped space; covered with a quilt that matched the pink cherub wallpaper. It had to burn. I conjured a minor Void and watched as the quilt was sucked into oblivion. It never failed to amuse me; the fragility of life's creations. I then set about the walls. Luckily I had packed just enough My Chemical Romance posters to cover the my side of the wall. I was half-way through re-decorating when the girl from before put down her book and said.

"Hey, I'm Mishta, call me Mimi. I guess you should know that in a little while Sebastian, my wolf will get back here." Then she turned to her book again.

"I'm Reidch" I reply after her. If she heard me she didn't show it. I didn't care anyway. I finished redecorating in another 5 minutes. The wall was completely covered with images of the band. I then kicked the bed onto it's side and ripped the sheet off the mattress. I took care of the bed with another Void, then I used my hands to tear two hole in the sheet (for wings duh) and then tied it up to the windowsill and the support ledge. Perfect. My side of the room was almost done. The final step was the drawers. I lugged my bag over to the side and began throwing in pairs of jeans covered with lyrics and t-shirts with holes in the back. I filled almost every drawer except for the top one; which I reserved for more precious items; such as iPod, prank bag, Sharpies, Spray paints and wallet.

Finally done I unfurled my wings and groaned as the stretched out. Imagine holding your arm's behind your back all day, then releasing them. You can know understand what having wings if like. Cracks as loud as gunshots ringed around our room as my wings opened. I pushed my wings through the slots on the hammock and laid there. I had my portable radio with headphones in my lap and on my ears, playing my favorite channel "Underworld Alive" Maybe the Academy wasn't going to be so bad. I was doodling on my arm when the batteries cut short. Great. The only way to get new batteries is to buy them from the town about a mile of campus. But I really didn't feel like getting up.

I was about to put my radio away when I remembered something. I looked at Mishta, who was reading another book. She didn't look like any demon I had seen before. And her eyes...... maybe she was a Valkyrie. And you know what Valkyries do? Make storms.

"Hey, Mish.. would you mind doing a small favor for me?"
Last edited by Camulaeus on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:55 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Rasui | Dorm Room 7:

I stared at the fox-thing on my lap. Seriously, what the hell? Why was it licking my face? Then I turned my gaze to the...chew-toy in my hand. Okay. Now what? I looked up in time to see Daria's amused glance in my direction. She swiftly turned back to unpacking. Right. Smirking, I threw the chew toy across the room. The little dog-fox-thing chased after the toy, snatching it up and chewing on it for a moment before bringing it back to me. I let out an exasperated sigh. Lovely.

The little dog-fox-thing started licking my face again, so I tossed the toy out into the hall, ignoring the yelps I heard from outside. Obviously someone had encountered the little thing. Not that it mattered; it was getting annoying, having the little fox-dog-thing all over me. Leaning back on the couch again, I stared at the door, eying the little fox-thingy as it trotted back into the room, chew-toy in hand---err, mouth. Oh, wonderful. It was back.

I could hear Daria moving around the room, opening draws and such. I was only half listening or noticing her...until I looked up and saw her about to touch my little, blue bottle. "No!" I shouted, jumping up and racing across the room to snatch her hand away from it. "Don't touch that!" I hissed, snatching the bottle up and hugging it to me. "Never touch it."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 am
SisterItaly says...

Daria

I stumbled back a step and looked up to the Jinn. I was slightly confused, scratched that. Very confused. If the bottle was that important to him I wouldn't touch it. Sparky took that little excitement as a threat and was now pulling at the boy's pant leg as hard as he could. Mind you, that wasn't very hard.

He stared at the dog, a mixture of humor and confusion. Sparky growled his little growl and bared his teeth at he who threatened his master.

"Just shake your leg a few times," I turned to Sparky "No eating my roommate!"

After a few shakes Sparky pranced off and jumped up on the couch. I smiled lop-sidedness at Ras and returned to straightening up as I unpacked. He returned to the couch - still holding that bottle. We were silent for only a few moments, but it felt like forever.

"I'm sorry if I offended you by touching that bottle. I didn't know it was important. I'm glad you told me, because now you don't have to worry about me throwing it out by mistake."

He nodded and flipped on the TV. Of course there wouldn't be anything interesting on. Fleshies didn't have many good television programs. Sparky hopped on to Ras' lap and fell asleep. No lick attacks. No growling. Just fell asleep. I shook my head and shoved the food into various cupboards.

I decided then was the best time to lay down some ground rules.

"I'm a bit of a neat freak. So just throw your clothes in the laundry hamper and I'll do the laundry when I go down. And don't leave garbage lying around and we'll get along fine." I started. I had stopped what I was doing and leaned against the small kitchen table.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"And. The stuff that is mine, is yours. But don't take advantage of me or you will wake up to find your belongings charred." I said with a sly grin, lighting my hand on fire.

The Book.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 pm
Synnoev says...

Zaire

I arrived at my dorm pretty early, wandering in before most other people arrived, judging from the emptiness of the corridors. The dorm was a decent size, a small kitchenette and relaxing area in the entrance and another door leading off to what I assumed would be the bedroom. A peer inside showed this assumption to be true, and I glanced between the two beds momentarily before settling my possessions on the bed nearest to the door. At least this way I could choose my bed without any silly arguments.

After leaving my belongings in the bedroom, I made my way back to the kitchenette, and, after a wholly unsatisfactory search of all the cupboards, decided to explore the school buildings. At least that way maybe I wouldn't be constantly getting lost for the duration of my first few weeks.

I left the dorm, looking around me as I walked briskly down the corridor and wondering where to go first. Obviously I wasn't looking where I was going; a loud smack resounded around the hallway as I collided heavily with someone.

A girl's voice responded with an annoyed "Ow!", and I widened my eyes in an apologetic gesture.

"Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

She scowled up at me for a moment, before a smile replaced the frown on her face. "Finally!" she uttered, "I get to meet someone after all."

I smiled in reply. "I guess we're the early ones... my dorm-mate hasn't arrived yet either. At least that means we both get to choose the best bed though!"

She let out a short laugh and shook her head. "No. I don't have an dorm-mate, apparently. I guess they decided I was too great to have to share with someone. Anyway, I'm Lia. What's your name?"

"Zaire." I offered.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Fox

"Kitsune, at your service." I mock bowed to him. "I was sent here by a police office. Uh- my dad. He's a police officer." I corrected myself poorly. "He kept seeing some sort of black fox. He saw me in kitsune form and called animal control. When I morphed in my cage, someone luckily walked by. We talked for a bit, and it turned out he was Professer Doikinshnoik- the animal sciences teacher. I was sent here."

"Ah." He replied, seeming a bit suspicious.

"No joke." I replied nervously. Are you hungry?" I ask, twirling my kitsune ball in my hand behind my back.

"Maybe, a tad."

"So you want to go get coffee or something? Long plane flight for me." I didn't include, though, that I was traveling as cargo for my to-be Professer.That made it ten times worse. Coffee would be nice... but I could always go on my own.

"Fox?" he said. I jumped.

"What?" I replied.

"I just answered you. I said that-"

Spoiler! :
P.S- I just HAD to include the name Doikinshnoik! Oh, and what time of day is it?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 am
TabbyGirl says...

Riro

"I'd love to," I finished, smiling, "In a bit, that is... if you don't mind, I'd like to unpack this first." I pulled open the drawstring bag.

She gave me a funny look, “How long could it take to unpack that?”

“Not long… just give me a minute,” I told her, reaching into the bag, and yanking out a fish tank, obviously much too large to fit in the little bag, as it was about a foot wide, by three feet tall, by five feet long. I heaved the tank all the way out of the bag, and placed it on the dorm room's floor.

Fox watched, her face a bit shocked. She nodded, "Impressive..."

"Hardly," I shrugged.

She took a closer look at the tank, and asked, "How come it's... wet?"

I held the little pouch over the open tank, and tilted it sideways. Green sea water began spilling out. I continued to turn the bag as more and more water, fish, rocks, and shells fell into the tank, until I was holding the small pouch upside down, and the tank was full. I gave the bag a resolute shake, then returned it to my backpack.

Fox blinked, "Well, I guess that clears up where your fish were..."

I nodded, “Well, now that that’s done… we can go get coffee, or whatever.”

Fox nodded, and began heading toward the door.

“Go ahead,” I told her, pretending to fiddle with my backpack some more.

She walked out the door. As soon as it shut I dropped my backpack, rushed to the fish tank, cupped as much water as I could in my hands, and threw it on my face and neck. Little slits on either side of my neck prickled. As a demon, I didn’t really need to breathe at all, but the salty water felt like the first breath of fresh air I had had all day. However, I didn't want Fox to think I was some sort of fish freak... glancing at my green-tinged skin, I realized it was probably too late.

I shook my damp hands, then headed for the door.

I'm tired of books having villains who are just villains for no reason.
— EllieMae