z

Young Writers Society

The Reformat (started, accepting)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm
Camulaeus says...

I struggle to keep up with Jonathan as he races from cell to cell; searching for Emily. I had a hunch she was somewhere down this passage, but as it stretched into what seemed forever, and Eli got heavier and heavier I began to doubt my senses.

"Emily!" Jonathan screamed. "Emily!!" Tears were beginning to well up in his eyes. I was about to tell him time's up when a faint reply came from a cell a coupled yards down.

"Jon?" Jonathan was there in an instant.

"Em!"

"Jonny! I've been so scar-"

She was cut off by the shouts of guards who appeared at the end of the hall. I swore and dropped Eli. Jonathan picked Emily up and sprinted off the way we had came. Great I thought, now's it's just me an this sack of potatoes

The guards were First Level, thankfully so I wasn't in as much trouble as I could of been. I pulled the gun out of my pocket and fumbled with the trigger. The guards weren't as inexperienced and already had aimed at me. I was trapped, my brain froze, I lost my ability to Shift or even to run away. I closed my eyes and surrounded myself with the feeling of my dad's rough chin and my mom's perfume. Then I heard screaming.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 pm
Skorpionne says...

Name: Fritz Herzog

Appearance: Pale face, dark hair and glasses. High cheekbones, nearly reaching his eyes, which are green. Fritz's hair used to be spiked, but now it just hangs down. His nose makes him look fairly goofy.

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Summoner

HIstory: When Fritz was younger, he had an "imaginary friend" who he refered to as Granny. Bith his grandparents had died when he was a baby, but Fritz inisted that Granny talked to him. I was reports like these that brought the Reformers down on him.

Personality: Fritz will appear to be uninterested in the outsidee world, but actually, he likes to observe things first. HE won't act unless he knows exactly what's going on. He's also very calm in the face of danger, but hates talking to people, and forgets details.

Other: He is a terrible lier.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:31 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

Time for my entrance… again! I will post later at school. :D
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

5 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 am
Camulaeus says...

I'm sorry to say this but I totally forgot this SB existed :P just been so busy catching up after missing school for a month :(
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:47 pm
Synnoev says...

It's only been two days, don't worry! Iw ould have posted again but I don't want to push everyone else out by rushing ahead :)

5 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:33 pm
Camulaeus says...

If only SOMEone would hurry up and post a new thing, then I won't be forced to make an NPC and move things along.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:44 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Can someone, wake me up or something? I can't post if I'm knocked-out.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

5 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Camulaeus says...

You could post that you woke up and your the one who saved Natalie from the guards. (She dropped you remember?)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:22 am
thestorygirl says...

Name- Ellie Graz

Age- 12

Appearance- 5 6" and wire thin. An extremely fast runner and also has a amazing reaction time. She has long black hair and purplish eyes. She has high cheek bones and a small nose. She normally wears her hair in a long braid down her back. She has olive skin. She has a black scar over her right eye.

Caster/Shifter/Summoner- Shifter

History- She knows nothing of her past except that she only has her brother alive and she has no idea where he is.

Personality- She is an excellent liar, she believes that her brother helped her aquire that skill. She is loyal but very mysterious. She is often seen as high up as she can. She can be very violent at the worst of times and has a short fuse, but always finds a way to make it up to them. She has a especially short thought process which makes her sarcastic and amazing at snappy comebacks.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 pm
Camulaeus says...

Just to let everyone know, I created a DT for this SB, where we can post our ideas and plot overline (because honestly I don't really have one :P)

49 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:50 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Sorry I'm late, Cam!

Name: Maxim McGomrey

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Summoner

History: She grew up as a small-town girl (Living in a lonely world), and doesn't know much different. Her mother was a kind, not very wealthy person who could always find some spare food or money for poor travelers. Her father... not so much. He was never home and not supportive of the family. She's grown up to be modest and respectable... but that didn't really work out.

Personality: Maxim is shrewd, to the point, all around a mean person. She's hostile and doesn't like strangers. She thinks the only that makes life worth living is the dragons, unicorns, and the like. She's almost completely unbearable unless there is a mystical animal around. She's short-tempered and mean. But what people don't know, is that whenever she's alone, she's crying. She hated the human she's become and would do anything to change it, but she doesn't know how. She's had suicide attempts, but the creatures have stopped it. She's, inside, a spirit searching for something to harbor on so it can grow. She uses her evilness as a shield so people can't see how soft she is. Her bark is WAY worse than her bite. She doesn't trust anyone's word, no matter what. She has to go see it for herself, and makes a good scout(since she's silent and deadly). She can't handle any weapons, but her friends(mystical creatures) alone are enough. She's never been able to consciously talk to dead, though she claims they tell her what she should do in her dreams. Not that she listens, though.

Other: She doesn't have a faimily to turn to, and is actually a good friend when you get down to it.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Maxim

"You stupid people!" I screamed, before rushed up to them with the other kid on my trail. I somehow wove between the guards, thanks to my small size, and stood next to the two other kids.

"What do we do?"

"Give ourselves up." I fibbed. I hoped they would understand. The main general of the first-floor guards came up to us, amused. "They found us. They win, like always."

I waited until the leader came near me, staring. Before I knew it, I was on the ground, punched- but the kid next, the chick, to me had the gun from his belt and was pointing it at him.

"Good work."

(Will finish)

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Synnoev says...

Jonathon

I pushed Emily behind me in a protective gesture, keeping one hand on her arm as I backed away slowly. As much help as these guys had been to me, if I had to leave them in order to save Emily then I'd be gone in an instant. Natalie held the gun up steadily, her expression like iron even as she began to step back, her eyes never leaving the guard's face.

"Don't any of you come near, or I'll shoot him," she warned in a dangerous voice, ignoring the low chuckles from the rest of the guards. "I mean it," she hissed. Next to her on the floor was the guy she'd been carrying, his eyes starting to flutter open. He began to sit up, a dazaed expression on his face, then looked around. A moment's glance seemed to remind him of the situation, and his eyes widened suddenly before narrowing in determination.

He looked up at Natalie before whispering. "You can shift others, right?" Her eyes flickered downwards, and she nodded tersely. "Then get us out of here," he muttered, reaching forward to wrap a hand around her ankle and grab the other girl before the guards could realise what we were intending to do. I turned to look at Emily and tilted my head questioningly to make sure she understood. She replied with a silent nod, before stepping forward cautiously to place her hand on Natalie's forearm.

"The secondary entrance," she murmured to the girl, and as Natalie nodded, both closed their eyes for a fraction in deep concentration.

We were out.

5 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 pm
Camulaeus says...

It was hard Shifting by yourself, three people was near impossible. I struggled to keep track of everybody as we meshed into nothingness, then reappeared near the giant electric gate that was the secondary entrance; used only for the removal of dead bodies. With this pleasant thought looming over us we quickly spread out and faced the task ahead. The 10 zillion volts of electricity prevented us Shifter's from merely teleporting away, a lesson I watched some people learn the hard way. The walls of the prison were in-destrucitble. I had seen Caster's throw tons (the figure of weight) on telekinetic force at it, and Summoners throw beasts that would've destroyed cities in seconds but none could leave a mark on the savage trap.

"Well this is just great" muttered the younger girl. Maxim I think her name was. She had apparently woken up as we were Shifting and had already regained her attitude.

"Well it's better than nothing" I suggested. Suddenly I felt the eyes of everyone there on my. Great, looks like I'm the leader. I sighed and thought for a second.

"Max, see what you can do about tunnels, maybe the dome doesn't run all the way through. Jon and Em, I need you guys to be on look out for the Guards, I think Second or even Third levels might be on their way" Their faces went pale. No one wants to get in the way of the of the laser-wielding Second Levels, or the weird Cyborgs of the Third. "Eli and I will work on the gates"

Maxim twisted her lip and looked like she was going to reply but shrugged and muttered something like "she's not worth it". Jonathan and Em took off towards the hallway. I turned with Eli and stared down the massive door.

"So, got any ideas?" I asked.

49 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Maxim

I wanted to say I would rip her head of later. But deep, deep, DEEP down in my heart I think I liked getting a nickname.What am I saying? No! I don't like people!

"Don't call me that!" I exclaimed. They turned to look at me, but I ignored them. I quickly summoned two dwarfs with axes to work on some sort of tunnels.

"Here you go boss." One of them said, just to me. He presented a human-sized ax.

"Fine." i said, gritting my teeth. I swung it at the ground viciously- to receive a slight buzz of electric force.

"Ow!" I yelped, jumping almost ten feet.

'What happened?" Someone asked.

"Obviously, I can't get through! There is some sort of force through the ground, too."

I waddled back to the small hole in the ground, where the two shocked creatures still stood. "One of you. Dig."

The more courageous one hit the ground with his pitchfork-think and prepared for the worst. He screeched- a terrible sound I woulnd't wish on my worst enemy(well, I might). Seems he got shocked, too.

With a sigh, I sent them back.

"I can't get through." I moaned.

Sorry Cam!
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Dr.Seuss.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain