z

Young Writers Society

Exiled

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am
PhoenixBishop says...

You can make a new Exile with the potential of a soldier or you can make two characters. One character a new and the other a old, who can be a soldier.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Are my characters okay?
"Hello, is this thing on?"

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:33 pm
Synnoev says...

Because there's been an influx of male Old Exiles, I decided to stick with just the new one ^^" Hope this is okay, Phoenix.

Name: Zephyr Nissa

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Zephyr is generally pretty upbeat and positive; not much gets him down. He doesn't have much knowledge of solid facts, but usually relies on his gut instinct to tell him what to do, sometimes to the point of stubborness. He has a strong conviction in his instincts and first impressions despite what others may think, and isn't easily swayed in his opinion. Once someone has his respect it takes alot to break it but ,similarly, to lose his trust once is to lose it forever.
Zephyr is open with his sentiments towards others, whether they be positive or negative, and rarely conceals his opinion or feelings about a situation or person. Partly due to this, he is not very good at reading how others are feeling; whilst he may be suspecting that they are lying he will have little or no clue as to what they are concealing. Even if he makes efforts to work out what is wrong, more often than not he will end up getting the wrong end of the stick.

History: Zephyr spent his life in the dome working on a plantation, where he gained knowledge of how to properly gather and prepare food, and recognise rotten/inedible produce. Due to the location of the plantation in a forest, he and the other workers would often experiment eating new plants that they found to see if they could find an extra source of nutrition to supplement the small rations they were afforded.

Potential: Hunter/Gather

Strong skills: Good sense of direction, quite agile and light on his feet. Pretty good knowledge of what is edible and what is not. Good sense of intuition. Is fairly strong.

Weak Skills: Poor skill with weapons and defense. Not very good at reading others' concealed emotions. He likes food alot and gets irritable if not fed.

Up for love: Yes

Fun fact: Is easily entranced by pretty things, whether human or otherwise.

Other:
n/a

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:47 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I'll make two, but I won't be able to post for them every day. Just to let you know.

First the Newbie.
Name: John Daniels
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
John.jpg
John.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 232 times

Personality: Is very smart and using intellect to get out of situations. Is scared to go out into the wilderness because he's not sure if he or anyone can survive. He doubts his abilities to survive.
Strong skills: Is a fast thinker and can come up with plans to get out of tough situations.
Weak Skills: Is horrible with weapons.
Up for love: *Sigh* Sure, what the heck.
Potential: Medic
History: Growing up in the first dome John was always loved by the little kids, and he loved being there. But when he got his job he could go less and his mood slowly saddened. When he was happy was when he was with the kids. So he asked and he got permission to work with the kids. And then you know, he failed the test and all that.
Fun Fact: Once he broke his arm slipping on a toddlers pudding cup.
Other: None

Singer said,
The only other survivor, Jess, disappeared about a month ago. *Anyone can take him if they want him. Figured it would be interesting*

I figured I will do this.
Name:Jess McCoy
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
jess.jpeg
jess.jpeg (6.5 KiB) Viewed 232 times
Only since he's been out here for 2 years, his hair is longer and shaggy.
Personality: Two words… Stupidly courageous. He will charge into almost any battle without thinking, without a strategy, and sometimes, without a weapon. He does what he thinks is right, and he almost never listens to other people's ideas.
Strong skills: Is great at hand to hand, and always carries a knife or two on him. Is very good at not being seen, and he can remain unmoving for hours on hand.
Weak Skills: He doesn't really have a short fuse, but when something bad happens to someone he likes he goes on a destructive rampage.
Up for love: Yes.
Job: Soldier
History: In exile, he had wanted to be a scout, but he realized his true potential when his best friend died. He was attacked by a type of carnivorous wild boar that travels in packs of ten. He was so mad that he picked up a knife and went on a spree, killing every single one. He has managed to survive, and he and Cat had gotten separated recently.
Fun Fact: He once got tricked into thinking he was 9 years old for 4 years.
Other: He broke off the tip of the tusk of the boar that killed his friend and he carries it around with him as remembering of his friends life.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

83 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm

ARe we going to start this anytime? :)

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:41 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

All profiles look fine. We will start this March 7th.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

83 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Mkay..hey Bish, we need to make a DT for this...you want me to make it?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:49 am
SisterItaly says...

March seventh is so far away... D: *wants to start*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:51 am
Razcoon says...

Eep, I should finish my profile!
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:59 pm
cannoncomplex says...

Its March 7! Who'll start first?
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:02 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

It's only the sixth.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 pm
cannoncomplex says...

its the 7th here in new zealand
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm
CelticaNoir says...

New Exile (Working)

Name: Kendra Knowles.

Appearance:

Spoiler! :
adams11.jpg
adams11.jpg (97.19 KiB) Viewed 66 times

Personality: Kendra is generally a nice girl, brimming full of kindness and helpfulness. After having lost her parents at any early age, Kendra knows what it means to be lonely and forgotten as a child, and will jump up to defend a child at any time. Kendra is however, also quick to anger. She also suffers from low self-esteem.

Strong skills: Kendra is good with guns, and can wield one quite effectively. She is also good at aiming.

Weak Skills: Bad cook. She will inadvertently reduce a food to either ashes or poisonous substance.

Up for love: Yep.

Potential: Shooter.

History: Kendra doesn't remember much of her history, other than the fact that as long as she could remember, she had been a lonely child, devoid of parents and siblings, she was often pushed around by other kids. When she failed the test, Kendra wasn't surprised - she was, in fact, expecting to fail it, which was why she decided to learn her gunmanship rather than anything else.

Fun Fact: Kendra loves children and small things - she thinks they're all very cute.

Other: Nothing else I can think of at the moment.

(OOC: Take your discussion to the DT!)
Last edited by CelticaNoir on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:09 am
ScarlettFire says...

cannoncomplex wrote:its the 7th here in new zealand

Also the 7th for me. But it's not the 7th by Bish yet. (Bish = PhoenixBishop)

Also, agreed: OOC: Take your discussion to the DT! (OOC = Out Of Character)
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

83 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:23 pm

*Scar: agreed:)*

Cat:

Breathe...In...out...in...out. Wrenching her head to the left, Cat spotted the animal, wild and ugly as it lowered its head to snif the ground, searching for a trace of its prey. It's long snout was frammed by dagger like thorns, some might call them teeh. Its eyes, pure white, rested on the end of the snout, roaming. Repulsed, she quickly turned away, resting her head agaisnt the wide sturdy trunk and glanced upwards, spying knotches in the trunk she could use to lever herself. After being exiled two years ago, you had to learn quick to survive. Glancing back to her left, she noted that the beast had moved a few yards closer. Slowly, so she wouldnt bring any attention to herself, she reached up, grasping the first knotch with her fingers, pulling herself up the trunk. Turning, she molded her body to the tree, slipping her Garantua knife from its hiding place on her foot. Small branches allowed her to get a good ways up before she was halted by an exspanse of a near eight feet. Glancing down, she decided to go a bit farther up and reached for one of the knots in the trunk, pulling herself up.

The breeze caressed her exposed abdomen as she reached higher, gropping for more knots. Raising her left hand, she jammed the knife into the trunk, using her leath bound legs to grip the tree and pull herself up high enough to get a good foot hold. Yanking it back out, she reached higher, about to slam it home when a low rumbling caught her attention. Thinking it was the beast, she quickly manuvered herself where she could look below herself. Shaking her head, she continued up, finally reaching the next branch, which was more sturdy than teh prvious ones. Placing her back against teh wide trunk, she rested, closing her eyes. The rumbling started again, so she quickly looked down. Unable to see the beast, she relaxed, but tensed again as a flash of light in the distance burned bright. Like all exiles, she knew what this meant. Freshies, as the old exiles like call them, were being sent into the dangerous world outside of the Colonies. Snorting, she shook her head and relaxed.

Good luck she thought to the freshies, opening her eyes once more as the thought whispered through her mind. After being exiled two years ago, Cat and her "mates" had ended up in the middle of a desert, being stalked by skeletal like beings who thrived off of living flesh. It was a tough fight, but four had managed to survive. Thinking the forest would be safer, they ran, seeking shelter in a hollow cave. That's were the nightmare really began. Cat and Jess, a guy she had grown to love over the next year had been the only survivors of that event and had run, never staying in one place for too long. Then, about a month ago, they had been ambushed by a flock of Aridicas, humanoid creatures who were short and fat, but with deadly claws and poison tipped teeth. They had become seperated and Cat had run, just like Jess had told her too. Two days later, she found herself surrounded by Juihks, Monkey-like animals and had set upon them with a wild vengance, blood running freely. Shivering, she frowned as she noticed the light had grown brighter...it appeared to be heading in her direction...straight for...her
Last edited by *singerofthenight* on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening