Race of the Benders

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 am
Sunshine says...

Cool!

Name: Calor (kay-lor)

Side: (Good or Bad)Bad

Nationality: Air. (Yes, I'm making a bad air bender. Sorry if this scars you.)

Personality: Charming and deceptive, Calor is often mistaken for the good guy. He wouldn't have it any other way. He doesn't mind sneaking behind people back and stabbing it. He's carefree and has a grin that can melt anyone's heart. He has a way of getting what he wants when he wants it. Calor is very laid back and peaceful with absolutely no temper- he does things air bender style. He trusts within seconds of meeting you. If he doesn't trust you at first, he probaly never will. Calor is a skilled airbender, but can't do much else. He has a strong sense of adventure and loves to travel. He can't stay put for very long in any place. He loves all kinds of food (think Soka people!) and without food for many days: *coughs* Um... let's not even go there. He doesn't seem to have many dislikes but hey, there's always something leerking beneth the surface.

Appearance: (Both written AND picture) Calor is pale skinned with long blond hair that is usually all messed up, like a current of wind went through it. He has a cocky smile and dimples. He has one dark brown eye, and one green one. He stands at 5'10 and weighs around 150 pounds. Don't expect him to wear his hair up: he thinks it's girly and constricting.
http://runsleeprun7.weebly.com/race-of-the-benders.html
(Scroll down.)

Brief History/Backround: Calor is the son of a water bender and an airbender who didn't believe in the traditional monk-like way of life. Calor grew up on a farm with free rain on the place and super protective and supportive parents. He joined the Red Jade when they came through his town for a source of adventure from his boring little town. Or that's what he let's them all believe, anyway. :wink:

Other: He's up for love and holding a few secrets...
Last edited by Sunshine on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 am
darkangel_05 says...

This is awesome. :) I think I'll join.

Name: Rouen

Side: EVIL.

Nationality: Northern Water Tribe

Personality: Rouen is a skilled Water Bender from the Northern Water tribe who is fearless when it comes to battle. He joined the Red Jade because he believes that killing the Avatar is his destiny. He hates all other water benders from the White Lotus because he wanted to be the best. He is currently practicing BLOOD BENDING. He is good when it comes to water bending but he is not that good when it comes to healing. Although wise and skillful, his bad personality is often the cause of many quarrels and he proved himself to be a true member of the Red Jade.

Appearance: All water benders are generally dark skinned, but Rouen is an exception. His complexion is fair. and his hair is short and black. His eyes are blue (like a true waterbender) and he is not that tall, not that short.

Brief History/Backround: He was highly respected in the Water Tribe until such time when he got into a fight and accidentally killed someone with his BLOOD BENDING. He was then banished, and he discovered the Red Jade.

Other: Probably.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 am
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

I love Avatar so much! This is an amazing SB idea. Would I be allowed to join? Though, I might be a bit too busy, but i just want to know if I would be able to.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:49 am
Dragonette says...

Of COARSE you can join, Dreamer, we would love to have you :D
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Do you guys want me to change my element? I will if needed. I'd prefer who I am, but I will change if you want.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

30 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 pm
Dragonette says...

No, milk, you're fine.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:28 pm
fictionfanatic says...

deleted
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Jazliac (Jazz-lee-ack)

Side: Bad

Nationality: Earth

Personality: Jazliac probably the most happy person in the Red Jade. He usually has a smile on his face. He loves to joke around and just have fun. He especially loves to keep everyone light-hearted. He loves to run, workout, fight, tell jokes, and be around people. But he knows when to be serious. However, when he fights, even when he is in pain, he always keeps a smile on his face so that it both freaks the opponents out and so no one thinks he's in pain. He hates having people put themselves before him, because he's very protective of people. And he can't stand seeing his friends get hurt. He's really strong, a great runner, a fantastic fighter, and he's good at telling jokes. But he's bad at protecting himself - he tries to be everywhere and protect the people he loves, so he usually gets hurt. Jazliac sees it as if the Red Jade is the good side and the White Lotus is the bad side (read history for why) When he starts thinking about his history, he becomes depressed for days and doesn't want to live, so someone has to keep him in sight or he'll go bye-byes!

Appearance: Jazliac has long, straight black hair that goes down to the bottom of his back. He has a naturally tan skin tone. His eyes are a chocolate brown. He is five feet ten inches, is very muscular, and is a little above averge weight because he has fourty pounds in muscle. His teeth are straight and bleach white. He always wears a rope anklet with metal beads on his right ankle (His parents gave it to him) and he is hardly ever seen with shoes on and when he is wearing shoes is is very uncomfortable and awkward. Jazliac also has a ton of small scars running up his arms, has a long scar going across his chest, and has a scar that goes from his temple to his jawline.

Brief History/Backround: Jazliac's family was on the "bad" side. When he was eight his parents were murdered by the "good" side, and Jazliac witnessed it. His mom hide him in a lundry hamper. Since that day, it has been Jazliac's goal to get revenge on any "good" person he laid eyes on - this is also why he is protective of his friends - which is hy he is bad at protecting himself, and why he has all of his scars.

Other: Up for love
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:03 pm
Dragonette says...

We'll start today! Yay! (hey, that rhymes) Anyways, let either me or fiction post first before making your post. So, if you're a bad guy, fiction has to post before you can, but if you're a good guys (the awesome side :P ) then wait for me to post, sound good?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Perfect! ^^
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:57 pm
fictionfanatic says...

HAHAHAHA...Dragonette, you're so funny! Good side the better side. BAHAHA!!! You make me laugh.
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:59 am
Dragonette says...

Chaiz~Water

I sat down at the finely carved, wooden table and refused the tea that the waiter offered. What I really wanted was a warm mug of Water Tribe hot cocoa, but I wasn't going to find that in the small Earth kingdom town. So I sat back in my chair and made myself comfortable while I waited for the rest of my traveling group to appear.

At the news of the passing of ninety-two-year-old Kora, the late Avatar, The White Lotas had chosen a handful of us most talented benders around the world and organized a quest that required that we find the new Avatar and protect him. But we won't be alone. Resources told us that The Red Jade was out there too, hunting for the Avatar, but something told me they had different plans about what they would do when they found him.

I had been put in charge of the quest to find the infant Avatar; I understood that this was more then a babysitting job, and I was willing to protect the Avatar with my life.

The next time the waiter came around I decided to take that cup of tea; it had been a long journey to get here. Then, after taking a couple sips, I pulled out a map of the Earth kingdom and studied it. I'm not going to lie, I didn't understand most of it (I was never good with maps; I hope somebody in this group would be), but one word had caught my attention: Kyoshi Island. I figured that if we were looking for an Earthbending Avatar, Kyoshi would be a good place to start. I started making plans; of course we'd have to hire a ship to get us ther--

The front door of the shop opened abruptly and stopped me in mid thought. I quickly turned around to catch a glimpse of one of the person I would traveling with...
>This can be anyone<

Reymare~Fire

I pulled tightly on the reins and my Saber-tooth-moose, Hacoona, stopped at the touch. Hoping down, I walked around to her face and feed her some Hukoto stalks (her favorite). "Don't worry, girl, we're almost there," I said, patting her muzzle and rubbing her "fangs". I noticed that her breathing was getting a little harder and I kinda felt bad. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the hill and my face hardened into a mask and I jumped onto Hacoona's back again. When an old man appeared over the hill and walked so that he was beside me, I demanded, "Where's the village of Gishat?"

The man smiled, "You are not far. Pass over three more hills and turn left at the fork. A couple of paces from that and you will be at your village."

"Thanks," I said gruffly and pressed my heals to Hacoona's side, leaving the man in the dust.

When we got to Gishat, I walked Hacoona down the dirt roads until I find what I was looking for. "Pasco's tea shop." The building looked old and unused, but that was good, because it meant our meeting wouldn't be over heard by unwanted listeners. Swinging my leg over, I jumped to the ground and led Hacoona over to the yard in the back of the shop. After securing the knot to an old Hickory tree, I turned around to walk in the tea shop. But before I could take a step, I heard a rustle in the woods behind me and I spun around. Instinctively, I lit my fire, twirling it around my arm. Some one stepped into the clearing...
>Again this can be anyone<
Last edited by Dragonette on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 am
SisterItaly says...

Nya~Earth

I had been walking for hours, wishing I had stayed at the last inn I had seen on my way here. I pushed through the last of the trees, knowing I was not far from my destination now. A sudden flash of heat and light alerted me I wasn't alone. I flinched and quickly raised an earth shield to block me from any possible projectiles. When nothing happened I opened a small hole in the shield and looked through.

It was a rather irritated looking fire bender. I swallowed hard and lowered my shield, despite his unfriendly appearance.
"Friend or foe?" I asked, my voice a little shakier then I had hoped.
"Does it matter?" he snapped, as if I was incompetent, quickly adding, "White lotus."

I thought for a moment, biting my lip. If he was a foe he probably would have attempted to roast me alive by now... wouldn't he? I completely lowered my shield and held my hand out.
"Nya Hatau, daughter of Koa Hatau. Class three Capitan of the eastern earth forces. It is an honor to be fighting by your side for the safety of the Avatar mister..." I trailed off, remembering I didn't know his name yet.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

84 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Paza:

The small satchel of money I had stolen from an old man last night swung from my black belt, which kept my black tunic embroidered with red stitching in place. The close fitting pants I wore stretched as I swung my legs ontop of the wooden table. I looked around with wary eyes, watching everyone who looked at me. By now everyone knew that Kora was dead.

Old Avatar Kora had been killed, by my hand might I add, and now I was sitting at the wooden table in the small inn, waiting for my company to come and join me so we could get started on our mission.

Impatient, I stood form the table and began to walk around, the clunk of my boots and the familiar outline of my knife against my leg enough to sooth my thoughts for a moment.

I stood infront of the firewood which had yet to be lit and gazed at a faded map of the Earth Kingdom that hung above it.

Let's see, let's see. Where is the little child hiding? Hmmm...

As I thought, I created a ball of fire in my hand and lit the wood to warm the inn which was growing colder by the minute. No one had even noticed the cold until I lit the fire, which cause them all to sigh in relief. One of the good things about people is that they are all to absorbed in their daily lives to notice anything or anyone else around them, which makes my job a lot easier to complete.

Of course, I knew that there would be some people, the White Lotus, that would be paying close attention and try to stop us, but I'd like to see them try.

I closed my eyes and ran my hand over the map. When my eyes fluttered open, revealing their gray color, I noticed the name of the isand my hand was resting on - Kyoshi Island.

With a smirk, I decided that the Red Jade would pay a visit to Kyoshi Island first.

*Anyone can come into the inn and spot Paza now*

Jazliac:

Out of breath, I sat stomped my foot, rising a chunk of the ground so I could sit. With a sigh of relief, I sat on the dirt seat and caught my breath, despite the fact that I was so very close to the inn where I would meet the group. My recent scar, on my chest, made it a tad harder for me to press on so hard for so long. I had been walking for three days with little sleep and any food I could scavange up, seeing that I had no money.

I pushed away the thought of being poor before it led to me thinking of the reason I was poor - the death of my parents.

I heard a rustle in the bushes, so I stood tall and smiled, lifting my dirt seat from the ground with my bending and placing it in the air infront of me as a defense.

"Who's there!?" I yelled, peering into the brush, unable to see with the sun in my eyes. And it's not like I could shade the sun from my eyes with my hand, because then my defense would drop.

Someone came out of the bushes, entangled by the branches

*This can be anyone*
Live, Love, Laugh

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Jezebel *Does this work?*
I walked into the tea shop and sat across from the water bender he eyed me obviously surprised. I offered him a serene reassuring smile. "Hello my name is Jezebel I am from White Lotus as well and I am here to help you look for the Avatar." I said quietly before the waiter came and asked what tea I wanted. I smiled politely. "Jasmine please." I replied quietly. He nodded and walked off. I looked at the water bender and cocked my head slightly to the side. "Am I going to get a name or should I guess?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He looked surprised. "Chaiz." He said shortly and I smiled again. "May I?" I asked gesturing towards the map. He hesitated then handed it to me with a sigh. I studied the map and made a small x on Kyoshi Island and a few others. "What are you doing?" He asked surprised. "The next Avatar in the cycle should be an Earth Bender right?" I asked quietly. Chaiz nodded. "Well these are the islands that most of the Earth bending Avatars have come from according to legend. And from a guess I believe Red Jade will head to Kyoshi first." I explained calmly.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy