z

Young Writers Society

Metal Hearts (starting, not accepting)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 am
Cspr says...

Reserve one male character--please. I'll post his profile shortly. ;) If you're still fine with that...
My SPD senses are tingling.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:27 am
Dragonette says...

Yep, go ahead.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

180 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 am
Cspr says...

Name/Number: Achilles/114.

Robotic parts: A 'part' might not be the best thing to call it, but, to be basic, his skin deflects metal, allowing it to not pierce or come within roughly an inch from his body. He has metal cuffs around his wrists, as well, but he's rather certain they have nothing to do with it. His weak point, where metal can pierce, is under said cuffs, however--so he figures they were just used to cover a weak spot. His cuffs and skin don't bother him whatsoever; but foreign metal does.

Appearance: He's an average height guy, a little on the lean side. He has blue-black hair, amber eyes, and a gray-tinted olive complexion. He has thin lips and prominent facial features; he also has a fairly nice smile.

Picture:
Spoiler! :
My Art 038.jpg
My Art 038.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 270 times

Personalities: He's a rather easy-going guy, generally. He's sort of shy and keeps to himself, but he's definitely a team player. He's managed to find a small local library near the dump he wound up in and has become fond of mythology--hence his name--and history texts. He's smart--book-smart. However, he's pretty easy to dupe. He likes the sound of rain, but detests human food, even if he needs it, because it makes him sick to his stomach half the time. He's terrified of dogs, a phobia he can't shake, but he can't guess why. The junkyard dogs seem to have caught on and like treeing him. This bugs him, obviously...

Up for love: Sure. If your lady likes the geeky-shy-awkward sort.

Other: Humans tend to freak him out. Yeah. Really. He can't say why. Maybe it's how fragile they are, or something. They just do. He also likes to write poetry, another thing he keeps to himself--quite frantically. He's not sure where he picked up up from, or what, but...well, yeah. He just can.
Last edited by Cspr on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Name/Number: Lily (59)

Robotic parts: A mechanic back, it doesn't have much use though. Her entire head is mechanical- She can speak any language.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

(About the robotic head, there is a thin layer of skin over the metal.)

Personalities: Cheery and optimistic. She never gives up on hope, and follows her elder's commands like a loyal dog. She never knows when to stop talking. The main problem with her is that she depends on others. She can't live on her own- her mind just isn't programed to do that.

Up for love: Too young!

Other:
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

30 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:02 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Yay, thanks for joining Milk and Cspr! But I do have some questions:

Milk~ If her whole head is metal, then does that picture really describe what she looks like?
Cspr~ Describe your robotic part a little more. I'm confused, what exactly does "shove metals away" mean? Can metals simply not pierce his skin? Or can they not even come close to him?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:03 pm
AllyGrLxOX says...

Sorry it's taken so long for me to post my profile! :P

Name/Number: Bree #79

Robotic parts: Her legs are covered in metal which allows her to have the capability to run at speeds no ordinary human could ever reach, her feet are also metal so that they'll never ache or gain a blister.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Bree has light blonde hair that falls just beyond her shoulders. She's also very fit from running daily, while her eyes are a light green.

Personalities: She is very headstrong and outgoing, when she has a goal she becomes dedicated and doesn't shy away from the situation. However she also likes to know everything and truly detests not being in the loop. So when she realizes that she can't remember parts of her life she becomes very angry and spiteful. She has problems when it comes to trusting people, and therfore will usually doubt others and their strengths. The only time she feels completley at ease is when she's running.

Up for love: Sure!
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

180 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:16 pm
Cspr says...

((I fixed it. ;) Well, I hope.))

30 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 pm
Dragonette says...

Cspr~ Yes, that helps, thank you. :D
Ally~ Great to have you join. :D

We'll start tomorrow! *is excited* So wait for me to make the first post, and then we're off!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:06 am
fictionfanatic says...

Yayayayayayayayayayayayayay!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:19 pm
Dragonette says...

>Ok peoples, were starting!<
Kaiter~

I'm falling for eternity. My body is throbbing and the back of my neck is aching. Somewhere in the distance below, something is beeping; it's an annoying, eerie, nonstop noise that reminded me of a truck that was backing up.

The further I fall, the louder it got. Suddenly it stops with a jolt; my eyes flash open and I gasp in a shuddering breath. From what my dull senses tell me, I'm enclosed in some sort of box; legs folded against my chest and head bent between my knees; my neck is aching. My dry eyes blink several times but my surrounding stays the same: absolute darkness.

I hear sounds -rattling and grunting- but it doesn't make sense. Suddenly, my box is sliding across the floor, and I give a startled gasp before I think to hold it in. Gravity gives-way and the box begins to tip and sway, and I know I'm being carried. But consciousness is getting weaker and I hardly notice that I'm set down before I hit a wall of darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pain in my neck wakes me from another dizzy drop. Groaning, I try to shut off my mind as if flipping a switch, but I remain conscious. After a few minutes of just sitting there in pain, I force myself to focus. My mind is foggy, but I understand one thing: I need to get out of this box! Clenching my teeth together, I focus on pushing my metal wings away from my back. Then, with a groan, I unfurl them with all of my might. The cardboard box breaks open and I tumble out. My head still aches, but I smile in triumph at the shredded box; unfortunately it wasn't the only thing that my wings had ripped. A cold draft came from the back of my shirt and I realize that it's practically slipping off!

I looked around quickly for something to replace it with, when suddenly I realized I have no idea where I am. I made a quick 180. On all sides of me, as far as I could see, there were large messy piles of junk, ranging from broken-down refrigerators to plastic cups. I was in the middle of a huge junk yard.

Just then, I was distracted by a small cry to my left and I looked down to see one of the cardboard boxes shaking, as if someone was trying to get out. Still trying to fix the shirt problem, I frantically look around the yard. A long rope-like thing lay at my feet and I grabbed it. After I tied it around my waist like a belt, I rushed over to the box.
Last edited by Dragonette on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

30 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:10 pm
Dragonette says...

Cy~

When I woke up, I found that I was stuffed in some sort of box. Because I was inclosed, it was dark and I couldn't see anything, so I turned my gaze to X-ray vision and looked through the cardboard. To my left, I saw more boxes pressed against mine, inside of them were a bunch of motion-less bodies. I turned my head to the right, as much as my aching neck would allow, and saw scattered junk laying in piles all over.

I tried to move but I was crammed so tightly in the box that I could hardly even move my head from side to side. I squirmed a bit, but that did nothing. Suddenly, I heard a noise and I looked through the cardboard to see a girl standing outside my box. "Help," I cried, but my voice was so horse I doubt she heard me. "Please, help me," I said again, trying to be louder. It must have worked because she walked toward me. I shut off my X-ray vision and waited; finally the top opened up and day-light poured in.

I tried to jump out of my 'cage' but my sore muscles had different ideas. I ended up getting only half of my body out before causing the box to tip over. The bad news was, I was on top of a stack of boxes, the good news was, the girl caught me before I did a face plant. I would have said thanks but a knot of fear had tightened in my stomach and it didn't seem like it would let the words pass. I didn't want to admit it, but I was kinda scared, I had no idea where I was or what I was doing here, in fact I couldn't remember anything.

I wonder what the scientists will do. They'll be so mad when they find out I'm not in the lab, I thought, Will they hook me up to some new machine? I coward in the thought, but then I realized: I had a thought, a memory, well it was a start. But that still didn't answer the question of why I was here.

I noticed that the girl was still at my side and I craned my neck to look up at her. She had messy blond hair and sharp, stead-fast yellow eyes that servayed everything with confidence. I had a sudden deja vo, like I knew this person, though I couldn't put my finger on it. She bent closer, "Are you ok?" she asked me.

For some reason, I wanted her to be proud of me, I wasn't going to let her see my weakness. I raised my chin, "Yea, of course."

She smiled, "Good. Now help me open these other boxes, there must be more people in here." I nodded and turned to look for something sharp to open them with. A broken piece of some sort of metal lay in a pile by my side and I reached out towards it. I turned on my magnetism and the metal flew into my out-stretched hand.
Last edited by Dragonette on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:16 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Eli

When I awake from unconsciousness, I look and see that I'm in a box. A cardboard box. I try to break out, but it's held strong. I get an idea. I shake the box back and forth until I fall. Bad idea. Apparently I'm on a hill, because the next thing I know, I'm tumbling downward. My knees go into my face a couple times, but other then that I'm okay. Then I get a better idea. I see that there is some kind of tape holding the box together, so I point my gun-arm at the sides and fire four shots. The walls fall besides me, and I crawl out. On top of the hill I see two people looking down at me. Had I seen them before? I'm not sure. I try to walk up the hill, but I realize that my leg had gotten bent slightly during the fall. I limp up the hill, but I feel no pain. I join them at the top, and they point to the rest of the boxes, thrashing with people inside. They look suspiciously at my arm, but I explain the best I can, and they get back to work. I look on the ground and see a fridge. I shoot the glass part to break it, and I grab a piece. I head to the nearest box and cut the tape. I see a girl, about my age, with blond hair.

I grab her hand and pull her out of the box. She thanks me, and tells me her name is Bree. "Have we met before?" I ask, having serious deja vo, but I didn't know why.

"I'm not sure, it feels like we have," she says. Just like I thought. I gave her my piece of glass, and I grabbed another one. I look at her a moment before I headed to the nearest box and cut it open. When I saw what was inside I could barely breathe.

FIXED! :D
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

30 Reviews

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:35 pm
Dragonette says...

Well, I think you moved a little too fast. I want to give everybody a chance to tell their story about how they woke up an got out of the box (it's ok that you opened Bree's box, just don't skip through all of the rest of the openings). Also not everybody in the boxes are alive. There are probably more then 50 Mechanoids all together, but not all of them survived their 'unplugging'. So...maybe you can fix that up a bit? Sorry if I sound bossy...I'm not trying to. You did do a good job, I guess I'm just picky.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:46 pm
Undertaker says...

Adrian
My eyes shot open as a strange sound suddenly appearing to my left. I tried to look around to see what it was, only to find that I could not move at all. My eyes darted around this small, black, cramped space to try and figure out where I was. I somehow justified that I was in card bored box.
I tried to remember how I got here when the sudden memory of pain and darkness finally came back to me. As if remember that memory triggered something, my whole body began to hurt and my head felt like it had been bashed with a baseball bat several times. Ignoring the pain, I tried to think back to what had happened.
I was somewhere at the lab, but then I think they tried to shut me off. I remember my body hitting the floor and then it lifting of the ground and being put into something. I don't remember much after that. Suddenly the strange sound happened again and this time, it was closer than before. I felt the panic in me build up as I wiggled and tried to find a way out. Something must have heard me because next thing I know I hear a pair of footsteps coming toward me.
I braced myself for whatever was about to happen, next thing I know a pointy metal was stabbed in to the box and started cutting. It took a couple minutes but after the whole was cut, I popped out and tried to run. You could say I was a little surprised when nothing worked like it should have and there was a boy with blonde hair and teal eyes staring at me. My body seemed to work better because I stumbled out of the box and then stretch.
“Hi,” I started “My name is Adrian. Have I met you before?”
“Names Cy. I'm not sure. Come on; let's find some more boxes to open.” He said as he started to walk away. I followed not, not wanting to get lost.

((Sorry, I changed her name from April to Adrian. And if I need to change anything then let me know, I'll be happy to. ^^))
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:18 pm
Apple says...

>>Weee we're starting! :D I didn't know what to write, so I hope this is okay.

Eden:

You know how they say being stuck in a box isn't the worst thing in life, well they're wrong because frankly it is. As I open my eyes to distant sound of thunder, I felt my breath catch in my throat. I felt like an animal, trapped in some unknown land with obscured shadows stretching over my 'cage'. One of the shadows suddenly spoke. I couldn't hear what it said - static had taken over my hearing - but I knew it was close by.

I looked down at my shoes, a dull green light emanating from them. Maybe if I lit them up more strongly someone would see me? But what happens if they were aliens wanting to use you body parts for experimentation, like in that book you read...somewhere. A voice hissed in my ear. Actually now that I thought about it, where had I read that book before? Even with my head whirling with objections and thoughts, I lit up the shoes covering my feet. Green light shot out, blinding me momentarily. My eyes, same with everything on me, weren't what they used to be.

"...I think I see something!" I heard someone yelp.

Last time I checked aliens didn't sound like that, maybe I was wrong and they were here to save me. My excitement flooded down to my legs and the green lit grew even more largely. It wouldn't have been a problem if the sound of gears moving and smoke chugging from the back of them hadn't been so volatile, but alas, they were volatile. This wasn't good.

The box top suddenly flew open and the bright light of the sun blinded me, though before I could tune my vision to see who was my savior, my boots began to tremble.

"Crap," I hissed before I shot into the air. I felt like a rag doll, flipping through the clouds; I brought my hands out, slowing my speed down. I stared across the top of a rubbish pit, the sickening smell of waste burnt into my nose. I felt the metal that took up my boots stretch forward and latch into my flesh, a large glowing diamond making my pale skin look sickly. Gasps echoed in my ears, craning my neck, I could see little figures pointing up at me.

"Hey, someone!" I shouted, cupping my hands around my mouth. As I stared down at the boots, I felt the cogs in my brain beginning to work. Had I done this before? An image of me shooting up into the air filled my mind though was gone before I could consider it properly. Maybe it was just my imagination? "Yeah you guys, get a stick or something, it's cold up here!"
I spy!

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat