z

Young Writers Society

The Remainders [Started] [Full]

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

As I headed over to where Tatiana was helping Senaida with her barfing problem, I had about three seconds of rest before I heard the crack of the tree. I looked up and saw that the tree we were standing under was swaying and was about to fall. I ran to the right of the tree as it started to fall to the other side. All of a sudden, the tree turned in mid-fall and started falling in my direction. In the five seconds I had, I judged when I should dive before the tree fell on me. I had to time it just right because if I timed it wrong the tree would turn again and crush me. "NOW!" I screamed in my head and I jumped. I timed it wrong.

I got everything above my waist past the tree before i felt the crushing weight of on of the branches on my leg. Luckily, the branches weren't that thick, so I managed to reach to the knife on my waist and pulled it out. As I started to cut through the thickest of the branches I see the rest of my friends start to rush over and break of the smaller branches. After one agonizing hour of being trapped I finally managed to get free. I try to stand up, but I can't yet. My legs are torn up and bleeding not super bad, but bleeding. I take off my sweatshirt and cut it up into mock bandages. As I apply them I say,"So, why is it always me who nature is trying to kill?"

"This wasn't nature, it was a freak accident," Senaida said, but she sounded worried.

"Wrong," I said."There isn't a cloud in the sky so it couldn't have been lightning, there hasn't been a blow of wind all day, and if you look at the inside of the tree it's perfectly healthy. And what about the monster truck incident? Huh? There was no driver, and out of the thousands of people who entered the contest we were the ones who one. Face it, it's nature trying to get us." I hear them all discussing, and they seem to be agreeing."Now let's go," I state."Before something else bad happens."

"Are you sure you can walk?" asks August.

"Yeah," I'm fine, I say as I wince in pain. We spot a hotel a ways away and start in that direction.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:42 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rachelle~
The rest of the grop had came to help, but I was pretty sure I had it. "I'm fine" I said, I didn't mean to snap but I was trying to stay positive. The tree branch stuck down, I wasn't sure how much I believed the whole nature is out to get us thing, but that was one freak accident. I forced myself up, leaning on the tree once again. I knew better then to try to move my arm or back, even though the blood had stopped rushing out of the cuts. I stood by Senaida and partially used her for support in case I fell. I could tell that Tatiana though I wa being stuck up by my snapping but I smiled over toward her. Oh God. Another one out to kill me. I thought trying not to focus on the immense pain shooting up my are as I barely moved it.
Dont move. I warned myself. I could handle pain, but glass shards penetrating the middle of my back arm was hard to keep composure.

sorry its short i'm in school and the bell rang

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:33 pm
Infinitytime says...

After the incident with Hunter under the tree, and the haunted monster truck neither of which was no freak accident, we started to head to the the nearby hotel. As we neared closer to the hotel, the area started to get darker, the sun got blacked out and then we start to hear the roar of thunder.

"What was that?" asked Hunter with a nervous tone.

"Probably nothing," assured Jack.

"I don't know Jack, that sounded a little too close for comfort," I said being nervous myself. "We should probably stop and take refuge in that hotel."

"Alright, besides we've all had a rough day, especially Hunter, and I think that we could all use some rest. Plus, we haven't eaten since ..." Jack was interrupted when a lighting bolt hit right between me and Jack.

"HOLY SHIT!!" Tatiana yelled.

We started to sprint towards the hotel. As we were running lightning bolts were striking the ground all around us, and by the time we crashed through the doors, Hunter was screaming in agony. We all pooled our money together and had enough for one room with two beds for one night. We got up to the room and we were all about to fall asleep when Hunter had to ask,"So, who sleeps where?"

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:42 pm
Skorpionne says...

(Sorry for not psoting; I've been busy.)
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

7 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:57 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rachelle~

Thunder roared and lightning struck. Thats three now. I thought. I followed, keeping pace with the rest, until we reached the hotel. The light brown walls and large white, elegant desk at the front were impressive, but I feared we wouldn't have enough.Thinking back,I remembered that I had a couple hundred dollars stashed in my bra for emergencies but by then, it was already taken care of. We took the stairs, which we old and kinda torn up, and arrived at the door. With a deep breath, I followed the group, not knowing what to expect.

The room was actually pretty decent. I don't know what I was thinking it would be like, maybe like in the movies, but this simple room with white walls outlined in a black trim that laced the walls like vines, was antique and beautiful. The black window was pared with a large bed which was covered with black blankets and white pillows with the same vine-y effect like the walls. "So, who sleeps where?" I heard someone ask. I immediately rushed over to the bed near the window I had been admiring."Can I sleep here?" I asked, quite unsure, since there were only two beds inside the room "It's big enough for two or three, someone else can sleep here too" I said with a bright smile The others looked at me for a second like I had just danced around in my underwear. My cheeks turned red, like a red rose freshly picked.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:13 pm
Mazzi says...

Jack

Ah, Rachelle just probably said the wrong thing. She looked as red as an apple now, I should really help her for this embarrassment. "That's a good idea, I mean what can we do? It'd be unfair for some people to sleep on the floor." I saw some of my friends hesitate in the corner of my eye. I was concentrating on Rachelle, I hoped to clear some of the embarrassment for her. People we're still hesitating, I guess I'll have to start this off. "I guess, I could share with you Rachelle. If you wanted me to?" Now I was the one turning red. But I guess it worked, people started partnering up for the night. Luckily they were all double beds so we had lots of personal space. I turned to Rachelle "...So...I guess it's us together then?" We all headed to our beds, we decided to have an early sleep to get over all the danger we have faced today.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

73 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

By the time we got to the hotel, my legs were on fire. I immediately walked over to the couch and fell right on it. I looked over to the rest of the group and observed what they were doing. We all looked at each other to see who had money. We all chipped in for one night. My legs looked so bad that the lady at the front desk asked Jack if I was okay. He looked over to me and I gave him the thumbs up. Although he asked the lady if we could have some bandages. She said yes and handed him a bunch. I knew that I couldn't make it up to our room, so Senaida was on my right side and August was on my right. They helped me walk to the elevator, which we took to get to our floor. We got out and they helped me to the room.

By the time we got into the room, we all looked pretty wiped out, so I popped the question,"So, where are we all going to sleep?" Right off Rachelle offered to take the bed nearest the window. Apparently we all stared because her face brightened up as red as something really red. To take off some of the pressure Jack said that we should all partner up so it ended that Jack was with Rachelle and Tatianna, and I was with Senaida and August, and Jason was on the floor. None of us even decided to change, they just got into bed. As soon as everybody's heads hit the pillow they were asleep.I went into the bathroom and started to apply the bandages. By the time I was done I looked like a mummy from the waist down. I walked back into the main room and nearly crapped my pants. Outside the window I saw a skull with a hood. But as soon as I saw it it disappeared. "I've had a rough day," I said out loud.

"What?" I heard a voice. I start to see Senaida sit up. I explain to her about the skull and she is truly shocked."You mean you saw it too? I thought I was just imagining it."

"Yeah, we can talk more tomorrow, I just need some sleep, I've had a rough day," I say. Of course August had rolled over so I had the middle. I could tell by her face that she didn't want to get out of bed, so I had to climb over August. I get into the bed and as soon as I lay down I'm out cold.
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

7 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rachelle~

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thats all I could think. the only awkward thing was, sleeping in the same bed as a guy? well.. at least he was cute."so.. I guess I'ts us together then?" He asked, which made things more awkward for me. I looked at him for a minute before I responded, his golden hair was shining in the sunlight from the window, and his eyes had a somehow familiar sparkle to them. "I guess so." I said quietly and added, still looking into his eyes "just don't let me look out the window." I looked down embarrassed.

After we all were paired up, I looked around at the others. I saw August, the only guy older than me, and quickly looked away, not wanting to blush again. I backed up and turned,which made my hair whip behind me, then I jumped onto the bed. The bed was softer than I expected, It felt like a cloud, if it would be possible. The others were tense until this moment. Seeing my reaction to all of this madness loosened them up a bit. "So, How 'bout some room service?!" I added to end the silence that had recently grown. "Room service? We just used all of our money of this room!"Tatiana answered. Obviously she was still upset about the glass incident.

"no.I have some more" I looked up. " I remembered after we got the room." I added to stop the wondering looks.

47 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:46 pm
Skorpionne says...

Senaida Booth
Ugh, but this bed was soft! I wanted to roll around, and really relish it, except that I was wedged inbetween August and Hunter. Nevertheless, I fell asleep quickly. I dreamt about lightning, and driverless trucks, and falling trees, which was hardly surprising, considering my day. And lastly, I dreamt about my parents. When I woke up, my immediate thought is that they’ll be freaking out. I hadn’t contacted them at all! But maybe that wasn’t the best idea. If nature was out to get us, then it wasn’t wise to go to the people you love. I’d send a letter though, tell them I’m on an unexpected road trip, and that I won’t be back for a while, but I don’t know how long...
My thoughts are interrupted by Hunter’s voice.
“I’ve had a rough day.”
I sit up in bed. August rolls over, his mouth wide open enough for me to see his tonsils. I look away, and get the fright of my life. The Grim Reaper is outside the window. I blink and he vanishes. Oh my god, I think to myself, I’m traumatised. Shaking my head, I answer Hunter.
“What?”
“I just saw a skull in a hood outside the window.”
Or not.
"You mean you saw it too? I thought I was just imagining it."
August is continuing to roll over, and I begin to worry that he’s going to fall off the bed. Although that’s the least of his worries. And mine.
Hunter climbs back into bed after commenting on how he needs sleep.
“Yeah, whatever. I’m going to see if they have paper downstairs. Or tear some from the guest book.”
Padding down the stairs in bare feet, slightly scorched, bloody, clothes, with leaves in my crazy bed-hair, and slightly drooling, I must have looked like I’d just had one wild party. Eyes followed me wherever I went, and somehow, I don’t think they were interested.
Then the fire alarm went off. Oh, joy.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:38 am
View Likes
Infinitytime says...

I had been asleep for about 20 or so minutes before I woke to a loud buzzing. Really? The fire alarm? Can't we get any sleep? I start to wake some of the crew. Although Jack and August are already awake. And where's Senaida? I head over to Hunter. He won't wake. I try shaking him and yelling, but he won't wake up. I have no choice. I hoist him over my shoulders in the fireman's carry, and we set off down the stairs. By the time we get to the second floor the fire was blocking the stairs. We were trapped.

All I could think was,"Where's Senaida? Did she make it out? Or was she engulfed by the flames?" We are running around the second floor like chickens with our heads cut off. I finally found our way out. Out one of the windows was a dumpster. I set Hunter down and I went into the nearest rooms, and took the cover off of the toilet. I went back out to the window and with all my might, threw the toilet cover at the window. SMASH! The window breaks into pieces.

"What are you doing?" Jack yells, running towards me now."Honestly, I'm not sure," I say as I pick Hunter back up."Well, here goes nothing." I jump out of the window just as Jack reaches me.

7 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rachelle~
When the fire alarm sounded, It turned from calmness to madness. I rolled off the bed, and got up.I stood by the window, scared to death. I was feeling lightheaded now, but I couldn't let this stop me. I moved out the way as almost all of our group was gone August, Jack and I were the ones left in the room. My body was tense as fear ran through my body like it was mixed with my blood. We were on the second floor. I dared not look further down. I was determined to be strong, but my eyes filled up with tears. If they fell, who knows what August and Jack would do.

My vision was uncontrollably blurry and my heart pounded in my ears. I hummed a song, which I loved, to distract myself from the fear. I'll be there for you through it all even if saving you sends me to heaven..August gave me a look to ask What the hell? but I ignored it. No one knew about my fear of heights, only Jack, but i wasn't sure if the got the hints about the window. My nerves were taking over completely. Now, I was shaking, breathing rapidly, sweating slightly on my hairline, and had quiet tears running down my cheeks.

I pulled up my hood, so hopefully they wouldn't notice and looked at the ground, it only made me dizzy. I took a step forward to regain my balance. That one step forced me to look down. I gave a small cry and quickly covered my mouth. "Damn you nature" I muttered.

73 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I wake to the brightness of the sun, the chirping of birds, and Jack shaking me violently. I opened my eyes and surveyed where we were. From what I could see I was on a bench in a park next to a burnt-to-the-ground building. I hear Jack joke,"Morning, sleeping beauty. Glad to see you got some sleep."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "And how did I get on this bench?"

"You might want to ask me," I hear Jason butt in. "While you were sleeping last night, the fire alarm went off. You wouldn't wake, so I had to carry you down the stairs until we reached the second floor, which was on fire. I broke a window and I had to jump with you. Luckily there was a dumpster underneath, so we weren't harmed. We all got out safe. Senaida got lucky and didn't have to jump."

"Speaking of Senaida, where is she?" I ask wondering."We need to talk."

"Oo la-la," Jason says. I punch him in the ribs and tell him that it's serious business. He points in her direction and I walk over.

"The king's awake! Oh, what a joyous day!" Senaida mocks.

"You know why I'm here," I say,"We need to talk. Specifically, about the Grim Reaper." She gets serious. We talk for about an hour before we decide that he's real. When we head back over to the rest of the group, they seem to have got curious.

"What's was just going on?" Jack asks.

"None of your business," I say darkly.

"Oo la-la," I hear Jason say again. I walk over to him and sock him in the ribs, again.

"So, what's for breakfast?" I ask, now realizing that my stomach is growling. I hadn't eaten since the haunted truck incident.

"I've still got some money left. We could go to some kind of restaurant," I hear Rachelle say.

"Alright!" I say,"So lets go!" As we set off I see dogs in the distance. They look big, like Rottweilers or Pitbulls. And they're headed in our direction. They don't look nice, either. "Burn in Hell, nature." I say as I wipe out my knife.

-Queen

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:27 pm
Mazzi says...

Jack

I was there to catch Rachelle from her dumpster jump. I knew her fear of heights and I wanted to be there to help her out in her time of need. Truth be told, I had a kind of a crush on her, I didn't want her to know, yet. But in all this madness I may die, if I could tell her.We walked to the near-by park and sat Hunter down on a chair, he awoke soon after from a violent shake from me. "Morning, sleeping beauty. Glad to see you got some sleep." He smiled and knew I was joking.

Senaidia quickly pulled him away to discuss something private, with a few "Oo-la-la" thrown in from Jason. I pulled Rachelle away from the rest of the group, again with the not-so-handy "Oo-la-la" from Jason again. I lead her away from the group and was ready to admit my feelings to her, not sure how she'd react. "Rachelle, I need to tell you something." I told her, I was staring right into her bright green eyes "What?" I laughed to myself, she had no idea. Instead of originally telling her, I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. I heard a huge howl and saw that Senaidia and Hunter were back in the group, Hunter was gripping his pen-knife.

Before I could see Rachelle's reaction to my kiss we saw a huge dog in the distance, but with one difference, it had three heads. I scanned my knowledge of any three headed dogs, the only piece of information that came to mind was the guard of the gates to the underworld, Hade's (also known as the grim reaper) three-headed dog Cerberus. Great, now Greek mythology is on our case. I quickly scanned my mind for any weaknesses Cerberus had, I know someone sung it to sleep once, also in roman mythology I remember someone gave him a cake that put him to sleep. I shouted to the group who we're all behind me, "Guys, we need a really good singer, or something sweet, preferably cake, and fast, that's how the Greeks and romans put him to sleep!" He was really close now, we need a solution fast or we're done for. Even before I knew what Rachelle thought of me, us.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

47 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 pm
Skorpionne says...

Senaida Booth
Why couldn’t Nature just leave us in peace? I could smell smoke, I ran outside, and tried to regroup with the others, after feeling ashamed for running out on them. I found them in a nearby park, noticing with amusement that Hunter is still asleep. When he woke, we immediately talked about the Grim Reaper. We came to the conclusion that he’s real.

When we walk back to the group, Jason asks what we were talking about.
“None of your business.” Hunter said. I gave him a confused look; since when were we keeping this a secret.
“Oo-la-la!” Jason hoots, and I roll my eyes. Typical. Hunter gives him one in the ribs.
Unfortunately, we don’t have time to really argue, because I can see a three-headed dog in the distance. Heading our way. I seemed to remember something about this... If only I’d paid more attention in English! But who’d have thought I’d needed to know this? Jack beats me to it.
"Guys, we need a really good singer, or something sweet, preferably cake, and fast, that's how the Greeks and Romans put him to sleep!"
I realized how close we were to my house, in that instant, and sprinted off.
“Hold him off for a bit!” I yelled over my shoulder. My clarinet was at home.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 pm
Infinitytime says...

After a rough night of jumping, lifting, and walking, we finally found a bench outside the hotel, now burned to the ground. I set Hunter down and he continued sleeping. Although that didn't last long. Jack came right over and shook him until he woke up. "Morning, sleeping beauty. Glad to see you got some sleep," I hear Jack say. Hunter's smiling, so he must know Jack was kidding. He asks me how I got on the bench and I tell him. But when I mention Senaida, he immediately perks up.

""Speaking of Senaida, where is she?" He asks eagerly. I give him an OO la la, and he punches me in the gut. he pain isn't that bad, but he's stronger than I thought."This is serious," he tells me. I point in her direction and he starts to head over. I can see them talking, and they both look pretty worried. I look at Jack and he can't take his eyes off Rachelle. After about an hour they start to come back over. I hear Jack asks what they were talking about, and he says,"None of your business," he says. I give him another OO la la, and I see Senaida roll her eyes. Before I know it, another punch is landed in my ribs. I see Senaida start to smile. I see Jack take Rachelle a ways away and I give them an OO la la. Apparently Hunter thought it was directed towards him, because before I can react I have another fist in my ribs."That wasn't at you," I wince through the pain. I hear a few snickers through crowd, but I look over and I see Jack kiss Rachelle. She looks very surprised, but that look quickly gets replaced by fear. In the distanceI see a giant three headed dog headed towards us. I see Hunter wipe out his knife, but what good would it do? I hear Senaida yell to hold it off for a while, and she runs off. "Well, I guess we have to hold him off," I think as I start to charge. Hunter grabs my arm and says,"I got this," as he runs toward the dog.

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf