z

Young Writers Society

Run with the Pack

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:51 pm
untameabletiger says...

Jaycelle(Jay)

I followed Marie's every move, not wanting to fall behind or get caught on a stray branch.Pack? I couldn't help but letting my mind wander I had heard the stories, I was told they weren't real. I didn't want to stereotype something I was now, so I tried distracting myself to no avail. The dark, Cold outside was unusual for me, but I felt warm with the thick covering provided, the only reason I knew it was cold, was the animals thriving among the waving trees were trembling, now, on second thought, I could've been because two werewolfs were pacing at an extreme spped through their home.

My family. oh God. MY FAMILY! my mind begun What will they do in the morning when i'm not there! Since I was behind Marie, I didn't have to worry about my facial expression, so my face hung in concentration. "Marie, w-where are we going?" I asked nervously. "To the elk." I couldn't respond. My body shook with a nervousness

The trees were dark, they looked almost black in the moonlight. Marie's Jet black fur was shiny and looked extremely soft. Every detail in the forest, I had ignored, and now, following Marie, I couldn't help but notice the reflecting moonlight on the nearing river and the sound and feel of wind wisping through my fur that lined my back. We slowed a couple minutes after we passed the river, turning into a treeless area which was lined with Elk. Now nervousness took over me, but I remained balanced enough to stop steadily after Marie.
Last edited by untameabletiger on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:04 pm
Lauren2010 says...

untameable, Marie was heading toward a group of Elk, not her pack. She's been more or less kicked out of her family-pack. ;)
Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm
untameabletiger says...

whoops. haha I fixed it (:

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:33 am
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Could I join this?
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Stori says...

You certainly can.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:53 pm
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene - 16

I walk ahead of the others, yet not in a leadership way. Wolf-Magdalene does not yet feel comfortable with them, and I don't wish to alienate that part of myself.

I drop my nose to the ground, and hasten to a trot. The scent of the elk lies fresh, yet mingled with the scent of other wolves. I begin to wonder if I should move my territory. I don't want to get into fights.

The elk are very close! A male has blundered out from the bushes, and I feel his hoof grave my side as I franticly dodge his legs. Ribbons of pain lash me, yet I dodge still, because I know I’ll suffer greater pain if I don’t. I have no doubt that if I were human I would have ceased to dodge. But wolves just know these things.
I sprint out from under his legs, and run on. I pounce with a lingering sense of pride, even as I know I will fail this kill. The hunt is on!
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 pm
jessig833 says...

Diana - 16

I watch a pack of wolves decended on the elk,maybe they will let me join their pack if i help them on their hunt I thought. I moved swiftly to join them,the wolf in the lead almost got hit by one of the elk, you would think they never hunted before, I thought as I raced past the she wolf that almost got hit, it didnt take long for me to catch up with the deer in the back I leaped and landed on its back it was enough to slow it down for the other wolves to catch up with me to bring it down.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:40 am
MilkNCookies says...

June

I trotted stealthily through the bushes, beside the new he-wolf. I already hungered for more.

"What is your name? How old are you? You look like a pup." I asked gaily, just jogging besides him.

"Travis. I am 14."

"Almost an adult. I am June. I am 21." The scent of elk hit me head-on. I wanted some. I could see the other she-wolf take off after a buck. Stupid whelp. I scanned the group with an experience hunter's eye.

They were watching the woods carefully. They had heard strange noises. A weak one who was injured stood in the center of their pack. There! A pup-deer was close to the fringes. But, his much larger mother was even closer to me. She was weak, yes, but she would still require two of us.

"Will you help me take her down? She is more then enough for us." I pleaded to Travis.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 am
jessig833 says...

We took down the deer with little energy I move in to eat but stepped back when a black she wolf let out a growl I waited until she had eaten her fill then moved in to eat what remained,when I was done I scented the air there were two new wolves here. I looked over to where they sat they had brought down a weak female elk not far from me I moved to see who they were maybe they didn't have a pack just like me as they ate I made my way over to them.

17 Reviews

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 pm

I hate to ask this question, but what exactly is going on? I'm a bit confused.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

49 Reviews

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 pm
MilkNCookies says...

We are hunting deer.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

17 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 am

Okay, so I know you're in the woods...are you in any particular state/country?
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

49 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 am
MilkNCookies says...

Not really.

~Dr.Seuss.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 am
Stori says...

Travis

The mother elk reared, hooves flashing over my head. I jerked back just in time.

"Come on!" The she-wolf leaped up to attack the elk's side. I sprang for the shoulders and hung on grimly. My companion nipped again and again, until finally the elk staggered and collapsed.

"Thanks," I panted.

"Don't mention it."

49 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 am
MilkNCookies says...

June-21

"You look scrawny. You should eat more." I commanded to the wolf. The doe was still struggling. "You're not going to win. Give up already." i muttered to it.

"I know. It should. it has no hope."

"Sometimes, I feel like the fell elk." I muttered, feeling the life leave it's body as the rest of the herd bolted.

"Why?"

"I just feel... trapped. 14, huh?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Yes."

"Well, we make a good team." I panted. Gosh, these wolf-hormones must be kicking in. I feel like I could be his mother!

"Yeah." He replied simply, before digging into the elk's hide. I myself went for the shoulder.

"Someone is here. A she-wolf." I growled, catching a wiff of her scent on the wind. i turned to growl.

"MY HUNT!" I shrieked, sending her cowering. I needed to establish dominance over who i could. I knew I already had some dominance over Travis, but it was because he trusted me, i hope.

"Who are you?' I demanded.

~Dr.Seuss.

"Rumors?" "Yes. Terrible things. Grow on men like warts." "Tumors?" "Both. Look, there is talk about you."
— Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings