Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:38 am
fictionfanatic says...

Yes! Let's please start!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:42 am
Dragonet says...

Hopefully tomorrow, guys. We still have to wait for LacyDeath, Moo, and Retrodisco to post their profiles. :wink:
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:47 am
fictionfanatic says...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Live, Love, Laugh

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:29 am
Cspr says...

((Okay... Hmm. Anybody feel like trying out our characters in one of the character chit-chat places until then, eh? ;) ))
My SPD senses are tingling.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 am
LaceyDreadth says...

Name: Caris Haven

Age: 15 (almost 16, in a few weeks. She’s actually just started saying she’s 16 to people because it seems more socially acceptable)

Appearance:

Spoiler! :

She loves smiling and isn’t afraid to do so. You can never guess what she’ll wear from one day to the next, though she loves jeans and a t-shirt more than most. Her favorite color is white and there’s always some show of it on her.

She always wears this necklace. No one has ever seen her take it off- same with a dark green ribbon tied on her right upper arm. No one knows why she wears it as she won’t tell anyone. She also has a grey messenger bag with a design of a key intertwined with angel wings that she always has.

Personality:

Caris loves to watch people, see how they interact with each other and what their facial expressions seem to mean. She’s become an expert at being a pavement artist; blending in. Not to say she’s a recluse because she really does like people, including interacting with them. Her form of dealing with pressure and such is silence.

She hardly ever fights with people, being able to defuse situations easily with words or not speaking at all. Only talk of someone’s worth being less than priceless will set her off, driving into a state between rage and panic that can last for hours. Taking her private things (her notebooks, mostly) will also frustrate her, making her silent for hours, but she will hardly ever lash out at anyone.

She doesn’t love easily, and it takes even more for her to open up. It isn’t because she doesn’t trust them, but because she’s used to being alone.

Talents/Weaknesses:

Caris is best at taking words and using them to show who she is. She never shows anyone but her ‘editors’ her works until she’s 100% sure they’re finished (which is never). When she’s stuck in writer’s block, she’s deals with it by playing the pianos-her only other real skill besides climbing trees and scaring people by just sitting and staring at them. She has a nice singing voice but only hums. Because she wants to experience everything, to accurately write about them, she’s up to any challenge. Surprisingly, she’s very good with more ‘guy’ things.

Caris can’t see past the reactions to the reasons they react very easily. It’s a problem that frustrates her to no end and the fact she can’t figure it out herself nearly kills her. She’s petrified of water

Packing:

Notebooks (more than necessary), a book of sheet music she’s scribbled down (mostly songs for her characters or certain scenes--none are finished), folders full of research, an ipod that is full of soundtrack music, more mechanical pencils than she can count, index cards, several pairs of jeans, a lot of different shirts, a locked box.

Theme Song: My Name- The Classic Crime

Up for love: Yes, though it will take a while, if at all.

Other: She doesn’t get why some things are funny, and why some things aren’t, unless someone literally writes it out for her. This makes it difficult for other people to get to know her.
"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
-James Dickey

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
-Dave Barry

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:51 am
Apple says...

Let's get this party started, shall we not! He he, sorry for the length, I got ahead of myself again. :wink:

Slade Ludwig:

I stared at the brightly coloured cabins as Mum brought the car to a slow stop. I pressed my nose to the icy cold window and gulped down what ever emotions were buzzing around my head. Maybe it was all of them or maybe it was complete astonishment. Mum had to be insane, she had to be out of her freaking mind! This summer camp had absolutely no symmetry what so ever; I think I was going to freak out.

My chest began to rise and fall as my eyes roved franctically for something that at least looked the same on both sides. Before I even realised, Mum opened the door I was leaning agaisnt. Screeching, I collapsed onto the gravel, the pain in me dissipating as I finally spotted something. The rock I was lying on, it had perfect symmetry. I could've kissed it! Maybe I did; I was in such a frenzy I didn't care!

"Stop being an idiot," Mum hissed pulling out my voilin case and placing it in front of my feet. "With behaviour like that you'll be labelled a loser."

I looked up at Mum through a lock of hair; I wouldn't be labelled a loser would I? Look at me! I was hot! I already had girls turning their heads to stare at me, I wouldn't be labelled a loser...Slipping the rock into my pocket when I thought she wasn't looking, Mum scowled.

"Give it here!" she demanded stamping her foot.

I shook my head stubbornly ready to make a break for it. Before I could even get to my feet she was on me. Grabbing at my arms, she plucked the stone out of my hands and held it above her head. I could still reach it none-the-less, though I decided I had already made a big enough scene. Mum walked towards the boot of the car and began to sift through the rubbish to get to my bag.

"Mum!" I hissed. "Please can I have it back, it may be the only thing keeping me sane when I'm with this pack of savages. Look at that girl over there-" I pointed to someone behind me. I wasn't sure if it was a girl or boy, I wasn't even sure if it was human, I just wanted the stone back! "-Look at her! She could my heart out with a peice of spaghetti!"

Mum suddenly looked up to see who I was pointing at. Quickly stepping in front of her view, I tried to reach for the stone. She shook her head defiantly, a small smile playing across her lips as she clamped her hand around it.

"Not this time, sonny. You can get it at the end of camp as for now, you must leave." She pulled out my duffel bag and dumped it at my feet. "Everyone is going towards that big cabin, quickly, don't be late." Mum grabbed at my head and pecked my cheek. When I tried to make one last grab at the stone, she laughed. "Stare at your violin, it is symmetrical."

Pulling away from me, she made her way towards the car. Sighing, I grabbed at my bag and violin case. I would be staring at it, after all, nothing looked in the least symmetrical here. With its sickening bright colours and graffatti splashed wall, it looked more like a zoo! Turning towards the cabin Mum had pointed out, I watched people hurrying towards it as a large man motioned for them with his burly arm. I looked past him at the cabin. A flag flew on the right side of the cabin, though not on the left. I felt the fear inside me beginning to build again. Where was the other flag? Why wasn't there another flag flying on the left. I felt my chest begin to rise and fall again. Yep, this camp was going to kill me.

"You sir, over there, hurry! Admission is going to start in two minutes." The man cupped his hands around his thin mouth and shouted, jerking me into a walk.
I spy!

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm
AEROSMITH says...

Isodore

Dad put our duffel bags onto the ground infront of us while mom lugged out our radios, ipods, and giant sketch pads. I picked up my pink duffel bag and put my ipod in my jeans pocket. Mom grabbed Mason and gave him a kiss on the scar on his cheek. "Mom" He said blushing a little. Dad gave hima quick hug as Mom gave me a kiss.

A guy lay on the ground and then fought his mom for...a rock? Seriously?

He pointed to Mason and said "Look at that girl over there!" I started bursting out in laughter at Mason's shocked face. His face reddened a little and he grabbed his stuff "Come on Isodore."

We headed up to the big building. Once we got in with all the people my chest started to hurt. Mason leaned down and said "I'll be right back, okay? Stay near here so I can find you." When he left I looked around at all the people around me and wrapped my arms around my stomach.

My breathing got heavy as all the voices swarmed around me. My chest felt like it was going to explode and I felt as if I was about to cry.

My breathing got faster and heavier. Someone touched my shoulder and asked "Are you okay?"

*This can be anyone*

Mason:

I absoutely hate it when people think I'm a girl. I mean, I seriously don't look like one!!! When we got in the building, I told Isodore I would be right back and went over to talk to the camp director.

But before I could get there, I ran into someone.

*Once again, this can be anyone.*
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

180 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:20 pm
Cspr says...

Louis:

Getting all my stuff out had been easy--since, you know, it was all in a single, ratty backpack. I was pretty sure it had belonged to three people before me. But, yeah...
My Aunt had driven me up to this wild place and she was trying to say goodbye as I made sure all my stuff was backed, but I mostly ignored her. She was spazzing out about brushing my teeth or something. "Thanks. Bye."

I went to the building where everyone else had gathered after that. I notice a. this place is a junk-heap, much like Italy is currently (or so my Grandmother has mentioned), b. there was just a dude fighting with his Mum over a rock (mini me), and c. the dude waiting at the door looked like he could strangle me.

I avoided said dude. And then when I managed to get to the cabin, while I was trying to find a seat, some scrawny kid ran into me.

"Hey, watch it!" I growl loudly, standing a little taller and glaring down.

My personal space was //my// personal space.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

I've been really busy lately, so I might have to drop out of this, but I'll try. Just warning you in case I do.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:46 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Minjonet

I got out of the car and looked at the camp. It was amazing! Normally, I wasn't much of an outside person, but I could tell this would be fun. The people there were.of all different sizes and...well, they were just all different. I began to get a bit worried, and my [American] dad could tell (He's not my real father). "Just relax. You'll have fun." He said reassuringly.

"I know." I said. "It's you I'm worried about." He chuckled.

"I'll be fine." he said. I nodded, still trying to convince myself. He gave me a hug goodbye and a quick kiss, then handed me my stuff. "Be safe. I'll miss you."

"Vous aussi. Adieu, vous aimez!" I shouted at he walked back to his car. He waved, but didn't face me. I sighed, and turned around, back to the camp, then started heading towards the largest cabin where everyone else was going. I took a space in a back corner as everyone else took seats and got out my notepad and pens. A man stood at the front of the room and waited for all the chatter to die down.

"Welcome!" he said. They all clapped. "It is an honor to have you all here. You were chosen out of many because you," he pointed to us, trying to make it dramatic, "are different, special. You all have amazing talents. At this camp, you are going to express those talents, learn more about them, and most importantly: have a good time!" I scribbled his words onto my notepad. I noticed he used his hands quite a bit, but shook that off. My eye for detail came in handy sometimes, but just got in the way other times.

He continued on to explain our schedule, which were also in the handbook that he gave us. I was happy with the order here. Maybe it wouldn't be bad at all. He assigned us all our cabins, which was mainly just boys in one and girls in the other since they were fairly large, then dismissed us to put our stuff up. "Lunch is in ten minutes so be here by then!" He said as we all filed out.

((As I said before, this is my first SB, so please mention if I do anything wrong!))
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

180 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:11 pm
Cspr says...

((Well, you kinda fast-forward through what all we were doing. :/ Other than that, it's good. But now we're stuck--you kinda should try to interact with the other characters first. ...Heh heh, I barely know anything either, but I did RPs a lot.))

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Cole:

I walked up to a girl who looked like she was about t pass out and die. Warily, I walked up to her and asked "Are you okay?" She nodded, but said nothing. Just continued to hypervenilate. But all the sudden, she stopped. Her eyebrows drew together and she looked hard at something. I followed her eyes to two guys who appeared to be arguing. She seemed to be focused on the guy with long hair.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked. Her face screwed up and she looked like she wanted to throw up "That's my brother. I mean, not my real brother. My adoptive brother, but still." She took a deep breath and said "Excuse me please."

As she walked away I watched her go up to them and she grabbed onto her brothers arm, looking with soft eyes at the guy her brother had been arguing with. She spoke nicely to him and dragged her brother away. As they came closer she said "Mason, I think I'm gonna be sick." He stopped her, placed his hands on both sides of her head, and looked at her face.

"Isodore, you're just having an anxiety attack. Calm down. This is going to be fun, okay? We're going to improve our dancing, you're going to learn new things, make new friends, and have fun. Okay? Now you have to go to your cabin. If you need me, I'll be in the guy's cabin." With that he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and with a smile, walked away.

The girl Isodore looked around with big eyes. I grabbed her hand and said "Come on, I believe all the girls are in the same cabin. Let's go claim our beds before everyone gets there."

Beau:

I folded my journal in half in stuck it into my back pocket. As I headed out the door, i tried to look at everyone to see if I would like anyone here. I saw a girl with dark brown hair and big blue eyes. She appeared like someone I may like. So I gave it a shot. I walked up to her and gave her a small smile "Hi. I'm Beau. You are?" She smiled at me a little bit and said "I'm Minjonet." My smile widened a little more and I said "That's a beautiful name. French, right?"
Live, Love, Laugh

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 pm
Moo says...

Noooo you started without me D: I hope you don't mind, but I'm basing this character on one I'm going to use in a short story. ;)

Name: Elliot Sommers

Appearance: Elliot has the overall appearance of fragility, with a thin frame and delicate, ice blue eyes. His copper brown hair is contastly askew, as he has a habit of running his hands through it when he's thinking or deciding on what colour to use next when painting. He's quite tall in stature, a couple of inches off 6". Overall he's quite a handsome boy, but the complexity of his character and his habit to stare a little too much often cause others to shy away from him. He dresses mostly in plain T-shirts, scrappy jeans and a pair of beaten black Converses that accompany every outfit he owns.

Personality: Elliot maintains a respectful distance from the real world, engrossed in the strange lands of his paintings, all swirls of red and blue that seem to make sense only to him. He's quiet, a loner by nature; yet he is desperate for company but makes no effort to seek it. Despite this he's not that shy, though his silence seems to give off this impression. He can be quite upfront about his feelings but finds it hard to express them with words; painting is his only emotional outlet that he truly masters. He is very easily upset, but never violent.

He's not a fighter at heart, and because of this things seem to slip out of his grasp and it angers him to no end. He has the impression of having a lot of pent up angst filling up his chest, but he's become a master of holding it inside him. He can only deal with so much before he bursts, though he never yells when this happens. His whole body shakes as the anger bubbles out of his system, and he often paints violent, red things for days afterwards.

He's very neat and percise; things sitting next to the end of tables or clutter are two thing that annoy him. Sloppy, loud or obnoxious people irritate him for that reason. He won't square up to a fight however, he simply walks away.

Talents/Weaknesses: He is a fantastic painter, working mostly with watercolour. Water terrifies him, almost to the point of frenzy, as well as baths. He can't go into a room that has a bath within it (will be explained later.)

Packing: Not much. Clothes, a rucksack filled with painting material and brushes, some poetry books.

Theme Song: Misguided Ghosts- Paramore

Up for love: Yes, definately.

History: Elliot is a schizophrenic. From a young age, he spoke of 'shadows' that came and spoke to him in the night. As deeply religious people, his parents began to think he was posessed. One night, when Elliot had a particularly violent episode, his parents attempted to murder him. They thought that they were doing the right thing, slitting open the skin on the inside of his arms and holding him down over a bath filled with water to catch the blood. What happened after that is unclear, he remembers the cold corridors of a hospital, but afterwards his memory blanks out. He has been flitting between foster homes, since, but has settled with a family named the Sommers. He's since adopted their surname. He still takes medication for his condition, however it is only mild at this point. It seems to flare up mostly when he is angry or upset, however it does not give him the tendency to be violent.

Could someone bring me in? Elliot will probably be hanging around by himself. ;)

-Moo
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:20 pm
Apple says...

Great work, guys! This is going awesomely! This going to be short, I have to walk to school today, unfortuantly!

Slade Ludwig:

That was it! What kind of an induction was that, my Mum could've mustered up something better. I watched as people began to look for their cabin, seizing people they wanted with them. Oh great, I wasn't going to be chosen. Standing, I let my hands dangle by my sides. I felt like left over turkey.

Stumbling out of the cabin, I looked around at the cabins. Most were already full, except for some. Pulling my violin in closer, I walked quickly towards the last cabin. I didn't mind if it was a cabin full of girls, actually I was hoping like mad that it was. When I managed to get up the stairs, I looked around inside. It was deserted. What had happened to the people inside. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder.

"Good, I found a cabin. For a second there I thought I would have to share with freaks!" A voice trilled.

//Can be anyone.//
I spy!

180 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 pm
Cspr says...

((It'll be me 'cause I'm bored, then, and it's about the proper timing.))

Louis S.:

So, that crazy chick had come up and talked for her brother, or whatever he was. I mean, that was pretty neat--but the dude needed to stand up for himself. He'd never last long otherwise.
Well, he wouldn't where I was from.

I huffed quietly and hopped up the stairs to what I guess might be my cabin--I'd been left alone and somebody had asked me if I was a worker before I dashed to the last one that was dark.
Some kid happened to be in there, holding a violin case. I sighed. I was pretty sure it was the kid who'd had the issue with a rock.

I came up behind him and tapped him, then said something sarcastically, dropping my backpack on the bed closest while I was at it and flipping on a light.

coffee and writing is a superior duo
— LadyBug