z

Young Writers Society

Circus Outcast (Starting, but still accepting!)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:32 am
RedBird says...

We'll start soon...I'd like to get some more people to join first, though. I'll put out a PM when we start...
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 am
Undertaker says...

Name: Ember

Power/Circus Act: She can control/manipulate fire (like a fire bender). She is a fire dancer in the circus.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is calm, collected and almost never talks. When she does it means that either really trusts you or she is trying to help you in some way. She is protective of her friends and would do anything for them. In her spare time she is either practicing her routine or reading a book of some kind. Every now and then she will become playful and play ticks on people.

Weaknesses/Strengths: One of her main weaknesses is water. Her strength is the ability to produce her own fire without any help (like the fire benders in the animated series Avatar: the last air bender.)

Likes/Dislikes: Likes books, her friends and heat. Dislike the cold and water.

Other: Up for love…good luck!
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 am
Funkymomo says...

Can I still join? if so, i'll post my profile after school
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

61 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:58 pm
RedBird says...

Of course! It'll probably be open for another day or so...
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

106 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:49 pm
Funkymomo says...

Name: Ella

Power/Circus Act: She is telekinetic, can move any object less than her weight with her mind, She's a magician, but she also helps with setting up the tent.

Appearance: light brown hair thats strait and long, violet eyes, She's 5'6 and has a few freckles, She's young looking and has a fit body. She usually wears jeans and a pink shirt. http://www.missvermont.org/assets/images/2009%20Alayna%20Westcom(1).jpg

Personality: She's always talking and doesn't always take other people's feelings into consideration. She is energetic and loves to perform. In her free time she'll sometimes play with her power and she always wants to know more things. She can also be oblivious as to why other people are feeling the way they are, and what to do about it.

Weaknesses/Strengths: Weakness: heights, heavy things Strength: Light things, moving fast.

Likes/Dislikes: likes jumping, performing, playing with her power, the colors pink, purple, and blue. Dislikes: heights, being quiet, the color black
Other: Up for love, i guess
Last edited by Funkymomo on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Mae

Power/Circus Act: The ability to heal the wounds of others. She isn’t an actual act in the circus but if someone gets hurt during the show or practicing their acts she will help them. She also will heal anyone who gets sick to keep everyone in top shape for performing.

Appearance: She is tall with a narrow frame. She has long, straight blonde hair with short bangs. She has one dress she always wears. It’s white with off the shoulder sleeves and is made of soft cotton. She doesn’t really like wearing shoes. She has tan skin from all the time she spends outside. She has very light green eyes.

Spoiler! :

Personality: She’s soft, and sweet. She isn’t a very assertive person, and gets pushed around a lot. She is a free thinker and very adventurous. She likes being out of doors and is a patient person. She is very fair, and is often the person people go to for advice, though she doesn’t like being dragged in the middle of things. She’s a dreamer and is very trustworthy. She doesn’t tell secrets and is a loyal friend. But she is also a bit timid and too cautious when it comes to painful things. Because of her fragile manner she breaks easily and is the first one to cry in a sad situation. She is very emotional.

Weaknesses: She isn’t physically very strong, and her powers are still developing. Mae is much too forgiving of people, and gets hurt a lot because of it. She can get a bit jealous of people who have stronger powers than her, or people who she feels are much stronger than her (emotionally).
Strengths: She can’t get sick, though she can be scratched and burned, though she heals almost instantly, depending on the size of the burn or scratch. She is very caring and compassionate.

Likes: Horses, the sun, her dress, healing and helping people
Dislikes: Mean or intentionally cruel people. Not being able to save someone because of the limits of her power. Watching people die.

Other: She is sort of up for love, but because she is hurt so easily she would need someone very sympathetic.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Victor, but he goes by Torrey. If you call him Victor, he won't repsond.

Power/Circus Act: Torrey can create thing out of thin air. Anything. His hands start to smoke and he draws what he wants and it just kind of...forms. But he's found that if he forms food it doesn't taste like anything, just air. So he's sort of like a magician.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Imagehis hair is dirty blond and his eyes are brown

Personality: Torrey is a big jokster. He loves to goof off, joke around, and have fun. He loves to have a laugh and to make others laugh. Overall, he's just a bright cheery person. Unless he's performing, then he'll keep a straight face if need be. He believes in living everyday like it is the last.

Weaknesses/Strengths: Weakesses-can't stand being sad, absolutely hates fire, and he has some trouble being serious.
Strengths-making people laugh, making jokes, being happy, his power of course, he's good at swimming, cheering people up, and he's pretty strong.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-jokes, having fun, laughing, the circus, an audience, being a 'magician'
Dislikes-Fire, being sad, being serious, people who try to control him.

Other: Up for love
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm
fictionfanatic says...

can we start?
Live, Love, Laugh

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm
SisterItaly says...

Yeessss Let's start! Pleaseee!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

61 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm
RedBird says...

We shall start very soon...in a few hours. I've got to finish up some homework first...Unless someone else wants to start, which is totally fine.
~Snape, AVPM

42 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 am
Kaywiia says...

Tell me if there is anything wrong with this.....

Mae

I yawned and streched as I got up from my bed. I could hear the birds chirpping from outside my dirty tan canvas tent, and could see the rays of the sun coming through the flaps. I must have overslept, which was so unlike me. I pulled on my white dress and put a little white flower in m hair from a vase on my little bedsie table. I checked my reflection in my hand mirrior and quickly combed through the flaxen choas I called my hair with a little wooden brush then went outside.

It was sunny and warm outside, which made me happy. I liked sunny days, they always put me in a good mood. It was just the beginning of August, my favorite month. This day was going to be just perfect, I could feel it. So, with a smile on my face, I went and began to walk around camp.

Everything was in full action, as everyone was getting ready for tonight's show. The main tent was nearly done being set up by a few of the stronger ones of us. I would have helped, but I wasn't really good for anything in that department of things. I saw the guy I knew was the leader, Nick, walking around the tent, surveying its set up. Not, as far as I had seen, that anything had ever gone wrong, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

I walked around, looking at the different acts. Sure, I had seen them all before, but I was still considered one of the newer people here, and didn't quite know everyone very well yet. I loved watching the fire act. It always fascinated me how Ember could do so much without getting herself burned, not that she hadn't been the cause of other people's burns.

I sat down on the ground and watched her for a minute or two before I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

61 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:46 am
RedBird says...

Good! However, if just for the beginning, it might be helpful to put down your character's power(s) before each post, so that no one gets confused...

Nick, teleportation,

I sigh as I look up at the main tent. As always, my friends are setting up well, but I can't help but notice the frayed edges and large holes that riddle the canvas. The tent is old, and falling apart, just like almost everything else we own. Luke and Jillian are the ones setting up this morning, and Luke grins at me when I catch his eye. Jillian smiles too, and then her face shifts and I am staring at two Lukes. I shake my head, and grin back. No matter my feelings about the state of our living, my companions can always cheer me up. Or some of them, anyway, I think, glimpsing a tell-tale flash of dirty blonde hair, as Kili runs around the corner of a tent. I think about following her, but it isn't worth the effort. If she's up to something, nothing that I say to her will stop her. Instead, I head over to where I saw Mae, thinking of talking to her.

I find her sitting on the ground, watching Ember and her fire act. I smile, thinking of the first time I ever saw Ember. She had been about 13, and when she caused her hands to burst into flames right in my face, I almost had a heart attack. Now, of course, I'm used to it.

Clearing my head of the memories, I lightly tap Mae on the shoulder and sit down beside her.

"Hi," I say, smiling again.

"Hey," she says, "Having fun organizing tent set-up, then?" She smiles back.

"Oh, as always," I say, laughing, "Never gets old."
~Snape, AVPM

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 am
SisterItaly says...

Jadie, Cat-like agility

I was practicing in the back, away from everyone and everything. Just me and the open field. I wanted to practice inside, fly through the air with a swish of excitement, then full on adrenaline. Then. You let go. Three seconds of uncertainty, will I live, will I die? Then your hands reach out and grab the cool bar with your hot, nervous hands. I almost wanted a partner, some one to improve my act and to awe the audience even more.

I took a running start and pushed off the ground, the dirt was right near my face as my feet flew over head. With a twist of my legs and a bend of the knees I landed safely on the ground. I sighed and wiped my forehead, came much to close to the ground that time, I had to try again. Another running start, push, legs up, face down, bend my knees and land. That time I found myself much to out of line. It had to be perfect for the show.

I took another running start. Jump.
"Jadie?"
Fall down. Damn you mystery voice.

*Anyone*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

106 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 pm
Funkymomo says...

Ella- telekinetic

It was morning, my favorite time of the day. The sun was so bright and new, and I felt so energized. I was helping put the tent up, which was fine by me. I was easily the smallest working on putting it up, but it was easy. I could hold anything up to 110 pounds, no sweat. Over that, it got a little hard. As I put the last piece up I walked away, into the nearby field.

Most people practiced here, but not me. It was all so light, that it didn't help my power. I mean, I'd need to rip up the whole field to get 110 pounds of grass. It was relaxing though, and there were usually people there. As usual, Jadie was there.

" Jadie?" I said as she started running. She stumbled and fell. I started laughing, it was pretty funny.

" Hey! What do you think you're doing! I'm trying to practice!" Oh how much fun she was.

" how much do you weigh?" I asked. Confusion crossed her face. Of course, I had never asked to pick her up.

" Um, about 115, why?" I smiled. Perfect.

42 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 pm
Kaywiia says...

Mae-Healing

"Oh, as always," Nick laughed, "Never gets old."

"I'm sure it doesn't, though I haven't been around long enough to know for sure." I shurgged with a sigh.

"You'll get used to things before long, I promise," Nick said reasurringly. I wasn't so sure if I agreed, but this was still only my first month with the circus, so I wasn't in any place to make judgements.

Before I had found the circus one day, having traveled to far from where I had placed my things for that night, I had been mostly a wanderer. Sometimes, though, if I got close enough to a town, at night I would go and help the poorer of the people who had no money for medicine. Under the cover of darkness, most thought me to be an Angel. I never confirmed nor denied this question.

I had no memories of anything before my wandering days. I woke up one day, and didn't know who, or what, I was. But I knew I wasn't normal, so I hid away, never staying in one place long. The circus had saved me, and I owed Nick a debt I could never repay.

"I guess I will, eventually," I paused for a minute, thinking, "but I just wish I could develop my power more. It's hard, when you know you have an ability, and you can help people, but yet you still have to watch people you aren't strong enough to save die. Not that you have to deal with anything like that, but..."

If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi