z

Young Writers Society

The Apocolypse...*Accepting, started*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Donia
We were all sitting in the history classroom and I was flipping through a french history book I had kept with me. "Guys! Listen to this according to the Mayan calendar this happened once in 264 B.C. and 1000 B.C. and 1624 and it will happen 2 more times now." I read then I looked up. Seth was about to say something then Alexis's phone rang and our heads all immediately turned to her.
Seth
I was about to congratulate Donia on the find when Alex's phone rang.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 am
FinalFreedom says...

Callan

It wasn't entirley surprising to him that it happened again. Anyone could look on and see that something so drastic would happen more than once, and all he could really do was be happy to be alive. All the same, he couldn't help but think about Keilah. His sister, the first one he saw when he woke up, what would happen to her? Despite any rivalries Callan couldn't help but feel a bit distraught at the fact that his sister just wouldn't wake up. He sighed, then continued flipping pages.

Book, after book, after book. He couldn't believe how every history teacher he'd ever known was always a pack rat, and only with books. "If this is what his classroom is like," Callan muttered to himself. "I'd hate to see his house."

"Hey, that's a good idea!" Callan turned around to see Tomix. He was standing right behind him and had obviously heard what he had said. Callan faked a small smile and turned back to his book.

Behind him, there was no stop to the rustling. That was, until Diona stood suddenly and shoved her chair back. "Guy's! Listen to this," she said excitedly. "According to the Mayan calendar, this happened once in two-sixty-four B.C., one-thousand B.C. and sixteen-twenty-four, and it will happen two more times now."

Callan turned, almost dropping his book in the process. Two more times?! He placed his book back on the shelf and made his way quickly to the table where some of the others sat. He couldn't believe what he'd just heard; if it would happen two more times, what was to save them? And even more, what was to say Keilah, his parents, his family would ever wake up? Callan stopped by the table in time for a loud chime to ring. Everyone looked towards Alexis, who quickly pulled out her vibrating cell phone.

"Well, how's that for a surprise?" Callan smirked.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Seth
"Two more times?!" I hissed loud enough so that everyone could hear me. Donia gave me her look. "It means that it will happen within a week of each other which it did. Once last Monday and now this Monday." She said then she bit her lip her brow furrowed. "What is it Payne?" I asked. "It's just funny isn't it everyone thought the world was going to end in 2012 but instead of then it's happening now." She said with a weak smile and I could tell she wanted to sing because she was scared out of her skull. "Sing Wrath." I said soothingly. She looked at me and I nodded.
Donia
I sang quietly so that everyone could hear me but Alexis could still hear the person on her phone "Athair ar neamh, Dia linn
Athair ar neamh, Dia liom
M'anam, mo chroi, mo ghloir
Moladh duit a Dhia

Fada an la, go samh
Fada an oiche, gan gruaim
Aoibhneas, athas, gra
Moladh duit a Dhia

Moraim thu, o la go la
Moraim thu, o oiche go hoiche

Athair ar neamh, Dia linn
An ghealach, an ghriain, an ghaoth
Moladh duit a Dhia." I finished singing and Alexis hung up looking terrified. "What is it?" I asked worriedly. "There's a capsule we need to dig up and this time if we don't no one's waking up." She said her voice a barely audible whisper.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Seth
"Two more times?!" I hissed loud enough so that everyone could hear me. Donia gave me her look. "It means that it will happen within a week of each other which it did. Once last Monday and now this Monday." She said then she bit her lip her brow furrowed. "What is it Payne?" I asked. "It's just funny isn't it everyone thought the world was going to end in 2012 but instead of then it's happening now." She said with a weak smile and I could tell she wanted to sing because she was scared out of her skull. "Sing Wrath." I said soothingly. She looked at me and I nodded.
Donia
I sang quietly so that everyone could hear me but Alexis could still hear the person on her phone "Athair ar neamh, Dia linn
M'anam, mo chroi, mo ghloir
Moladh duit a Dhia

Fada an la, go samh
Fada an oiche, gan gruaim
Aoibhneas, athas, gra
Moladh duit a Dhia

Moraim thu, o la go la
Moraim thu, o oiche go hoiche

Athair ar neamh, Dia linn
An ghealach, an ghriain, an ghaoth
Moladh duit a Dhia." I finished singing and Alexis hung up looking terrified. "What is it?" I asked worriedly. "There's a capsule we need to dig up and this time if we don't no one's waking up." She said her voice a barely audible whisper.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:42 pm
Winchester says...

"So this time no-ones waking up?" Rio asked me.

I was feeling sick, and the cut was starting to sting.

"According to the guy on the phone.." I replied

"And the capsual?" Amber asked.

"The one they've been digging up in the field i think." I said.

We sat in the room for a few minuites, why Rio fetched a first aid kit for my cut. He would mutter "Flying Book" and laugh.

Then we made our way upto our dorms to grab a bagpack of stuff.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Donia
I grabbed a backpack stuffed extra clothes and a few extra books all old and in french, and water bottles my cd player the binder of cds and headphones. I zipped it up and walked downstairs. I leaned against a wall and closed my eyes my eyes still closed I heard the others making their way down the stairs.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Blueskysummer says...

Sorry to ask again, but are you still accepting characters? If I need to I can explain why my character wasn't with them at first.
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

17 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Callan

Callan quietly hummed to himself as he followed the others up the staircase and into the dorm area. At the top he, Tomix, Rio, Sam and Seth broke off to the left towards the boys section as the girls went right. The school had always been very strict about the separation of boys and girls, which Callan both understood and would never understand. He'd seen five of his friends and peers expelled for the mere chance a girl simply knocked on their door; needless to say, the dean of the school didn't believe in play, only work.

Once inside his room, Callan shut the door behind him and locked it. He knew he didn't have long, but he'd need privacy in order to pick and choose from his belongings. Hauling a duffel bag out from below his bunk, he began the long process.

He opened the bag and stuffed a few articles of clothing in; two sweaters, an extra pair of pants, three shirts, and his martial arts uniform. There was no doubt in his mind that he would never need the uniform again, but it played an important role in his life, and Callan did not feel comfortable leaving it behind. Stuffing it in one of the side pockets, he grabbed another pair of pants and then went for his treasure box.

Callan had always kept a treasure box full of memories and important items at the back of his closet. He kept it well hidden, despite the fact that many of his friends believed that when in Callan's room, anything was fair game to rummage through. He hated the fact that everyone believed this, but he knew that when living in a dorm filled with testosterone, things were really bound to happen.

The box opened with a click and a small jingle. His father had made him the box when he was little, and despite the girlie tune that always played Callan could never bring himself to get a new one. He rummaged through the small box, flipping through pictures and old statuettes that had been collected from his childhood. It only took him a matter of minutes to find three items that he knew he had to keep, and then he stashed away the box with the belief that he may one day be returning, and that it may still require a hiding place. Turning around, Callan stuffed the family portrait taken before he joined the school, a picture of him and his twin, Keilah, and a bracelet into his bag.

Hearing the other boys in the hallway, Callan quickly grabbed a small pillow and two blankets and shoved them in the bag also. He knew they'd probably need them down the road and refused to forget them. As he zipped the bag back up, Callan spotted his iPod on the table and grabbed it, just in case.

Tossing the bag on his shoulder, Callan made his way back through the hallway with the others and down the stairs. He met up with the girls about half way down, gave them a quick smile and then pretended that doing so hadn't caused him to trip. Regaining his balance, he bounded down the rest of the stairs, only to find that Diona was already there and waiting.

"You mustn't of had much to pack," Callan said, putting his bag down beside her.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 pm
Winchester says...

I grabbed my backpack, it was abit tatty but it would do, I threw my pumps in, my skinnys and a few tops to last. Next I threw in my windproof coat since it looked like a storm was brewing. Then I picked up my song book and my IPod, I knew that i'd need it.
I shuved my photo album in to then a small good luck charm...A keyring.

We met at the bottom of the stairs, Rio's bag was bursting at it's seams, I just gave him that "idiot" look.

"So, the capsule? How we gunna dig it up?" Callan asked, I though back to this morning when I saw someone digging in the feild.

"I don't think we have to!" I smiled

I promise I'll write more, I finish school tomorrow!! Yeshhhh !
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

17 Reviews

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:37 pm
FinalFreedom says...

[sorry about the late reply guys... got busy/sick... am off at 8 YWS time and will post]
Anti-Peta.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 am
WrittenInStone says...

(Just curious, are you still accepting characters? If not please tell me x] )
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Donia
We ran/jogged toward the figure digging in the distance. I ran until I was next to Alex. "Um Alex I don't think he's digging it up." I said panting slightly. She squinted. "I think your right." She said as we kept running. I dropped back and relayed the news until I was next to Seth. "So any idea why?" He asked. I shook my head in reply just running and he groaned with effort and kept going.
Seth
I was running next to Donia amazed that she could keep going like this I shook my head in amazement and smiled slightly. We kept running together almost in sync but I was a stride behind her then a stride behind all the while we were nearing the figure still digging.

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke